Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Is Kaylee allowed to get closer to him? She looks like she's scared of him

She might want to get closer, but I'm sure she's always on guard since Best Mama Ever is now up her ass all the time, walking on pins and needles. Jill has bragged about how they torment Kaylee. She's probably scared Jill will completely embarrass her in front of Jonathan.

I get the impression that Jill is majorly crushing on Jonathan.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, beckie said:

She might want to get closer, but I'm sure she's always on guard since Best Mama Ever is now up her ass all the time, walking on pins and needles. Jill has bragged about how they torment Kaylee. She's probably scared Jill will completely embarrass her in front of Jonathan.

I get the impression that Jill is majorly crushing on Jonathan.

Of course she is. He is a pretty nice looking guy. 

• LOL 9

my mind is a bit boggled as to what all that janky pvc pipe is for in the background.

also I note the amish built living room (for family) must be about ready since there seems to be a lot of furniture wrapped in plastic.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

they are in the print shop/laundry/living area/beauty salon space

I get claustrophobic just looking at that dusty space crammed to within an inch of its life with furniture, tchotchkes, wall hangings, musical instruments, and other assorted random crap.  You must have to possess the skills of a ballerina to get from one part to the other without sending Jill's Willow Tree figurines toppling like dominoes.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I get claustrophobic just looking at that dusty space crammed to within an inch of its life with furniture, tchotchkes, wall hangings, musical instruments, and other assorted random crap.  You must have to possess the skills of a ballerina to get from one part to the other without sending Jill's Willow Tree figurines toppling like dominoes.

Good thing her kids are resembling skeletons 😞. No way they will topple anything over.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

Is that a TV screen visible between the two girls?

yes on the TV - they have the big tv in the print shop space and another in the love nest. Jill has shown both tvs in her pics many times.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

they are in the print shop/laundry/living area/beauty salon space

This made me laugh too hard and for too long.  How can 1 space fulfill so many needs???

I watched the video of their practice session, and Jonathan kept his hands clasped the entire time.  It was awkward.  They all looked so uncomfortable.  And when the song was done, Jilldo panned around with the camera and each of the kids looked at her nervously like "now what?"  There was no joy in that room.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

This made me laugh too hard and for too long.  How can 1 space fulfill so many needs???

I watched the video of their practice session, and Jonathan kept his hands clasped the entire time.  It was awkward.  They all looked so uncomfortable.  And when the song was done, Jilldo panned around with the camera and each of the kids looked at her nervously like "now what?"  There was no joy in that room.

Did you notice when the video ended that the camera was focused on Renee?  She’s up for grabs now that Kaylee is spoken for.  Speaking of, WTF is Jill thinking by drooling all over social media about Kaylee’s new Beau?  What if it doesn’t work out?  I mean, does “courting” actually mean “engaged” to these flaky fundies?  I would’ve DIED if my mother had acted like Jill when I had boyfriends!  What will Jill do on SM, if Jonathan and Kaylee split up?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jon is the new seal to train. Poor guy needs to run far away.

Now that Jill is splashing this relationship all over SM, Jonathan’s parents may advise him to steer clear of the Rods.  If I were his mother, I certainly wouldn’t want my son to have that nut job as a mother-in-law.

9 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Is Kaylee allowed to get closer to him? She looks like she's scared of him

They’re only allowed to touch when they get engaged. (I’m not sure that’s true but if so, it wouldn’t surprise me.)

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Did you notice when the video ended that the camera was focused on Renee?  She’s up for grabs now that Kaylee is spoken for.  Speaking of, WTF is Jill thinking by drooling all over social media about Kaylee’s new Beau?  What if it doesn’t work out?  I mean, does “courting” actually mean “engaged” to these flaky fundies?  I would’ve DIED if my mother had acted like Jill when I had boyfriends!  What will Jill do on SM, if Jonathan and Kaylee split up?

All jill would do is look for the next sucker. Nurie had a gum suitor but they broke up. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 9/14/2021 at 3:29 PM, skatelady said:

I wonder how much of this Jonath?n can tolerate. Remember, they're only courting - not engaged. I hope, for Kaylee's sake, he doesn't run for the hills when he realizes what he's gotten himself into. 

Which, by the way, makes me wonder about Nathan. Does he put up with Jill because he truly loves his wife and is being a gentleman about the whole thing? Or does he too have a few screws loose?

IMO all Fundies have loose screws.

• Love 6

17 minutes ago, CandyCaneTree said:

All jill would do is look for the next sucker. Nurie had a gum suitor but they broke up. 

LOL, I thought "gum suitor" must mean his family owned Doublemint or something!  I didn't imagine it meant he gave her gum.  What a romantic!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

They do not formally announce The Courtship until it is a done deal. Nurie’s Gum Boy wasn’t “formally” announced. I think JHill is in for the long haul.

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jon is the new seal to train. Poor guy needs to run far away.

If he runs (please please please please) let him take his Not-Nurie with him, and not look back!

• Love 16

Kaylee giving Jonathon a haircut and writing their courtship announcement a wall. There are more awkward pictures of them. There are also pictures of the younger ones going down a slide into a kiddie pool of soapy water.

Jill said to expect "picture overload" now that their relationship is public.

242201597_2952413671663633_3493063959552988901_n.jpg

242105789_2952413828330284_5306855131465396141_n.jpg

242260979_2952413781663622_4944224743156336006_n.jpg

242163436_2952412291663771_4914975443075963340_n.jpg

242172597_2952412348330432_4856690386851163368_n.jpg

Edited by Madtown
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It's like they have their own parkour course.

• LOL 13

didn't you all ever hope for a haircut in the midst of clutter ceiling fixtures in boxes and herbs in a container??

I am always interested in the background of best mama's pics. behind kaylee on the wall is further proof of illiteracy . it is supposed to be 1 timothy 6: 11-12 but someone apparently couldn't write even timothy very well.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Screenshot (118).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From the hair cutting video, Jill said, ”All this stuff is for our living room, that’s why we have all this clutter here.”

C2849ABD-04FC-498B-803E-784DD4A8EE79.jpeg

Wow she is going to junk up that room in a matter of minutes. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From the hair cutting video, Jill said, ”All this stuff is for our living room, that’s why we have all this clutter here.”.

C2849ABD-04FC-498B-803E-784DD4A8EE79.jpeg

At least Jill admitted that it's clutter. I guess she thinks the more clutter the closer to God. 

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Those forced smiles are painful to look at.  They seem awkward around each other.

Yes. I think they’re just trying really hard not to touch each other. If they relax they might accidentally react normally to being so close together - eg: holding hands or something dirty like that… They look cute together, and happy, and I hope there’s just a ton of sexual attraction making them nervous.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Yes. I think they’re just trying really hard not to touch each other. If they relax they might accidentally react normally to being so close together - eg: holding hands or something dirty like that… They look cute together, and happy, and I hope there’s just a ton of sexual attraction making them nervous.

I think that is what is going on too. Gee, they just want to be normal kids their age. I'm not saying he needs to take her right there on the floor, but hold hands and be close. They are both nice looking and I'm sure the hormones are saying "go for it!". 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Speaking of, WTF is Jill thinking by drooling all over social media about Kaylee’s new Beau?  What if it doesn’t work out?  I mean, does “courting” actually mean “engaged” to these flaky fundies?  I would’ve DIED if my mother had acted like Jill when I had boyfriends!  What will Jill do on SM, if Jonathan and Kaylee split up?

Is Kaylee even allowed to break up with Jonathoan if she wants to?  And I would think it would be a living nightmare if for some reason Jonathaon broke up with her - BME would no longer have a handsome new beau to flirt with and it would be all Kaylee's fault....the irony being that if he were to break it off with Kaylee, it would most certainly be because his future mother-in-law scared the absolute crap out of him.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14

Does Jonathan sing? Does he play the guitar or ring cowbells? Can he preach? Does he have a job he can leave at a moment's notice and be away from for a week or two? Can he afford to take Jill shopping in overpriced gift shops? Can he buy lunch for 15 people, repeatedly?

Does he know he will need to do these things? 

• LOL 15
  • Love 4