Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Isn't a Not-Nurie (Kaylee?) rumored to have a sweet (male) friend whose father has a church in Mississippi? 

Yep. The grandson of the pastor of the church they visited. On their trip out to pizza with the family, they only showed that (Kaylee) went with them. No other of their kids were shows. That just adds to the rumor! 

They were home in Ohio at least by Aug 14th. As pointed out above, the posts are now over 2 weeks behind. They visited the church in Mississippi on Aug 11. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

if there is a courting in the works Jilly is dragging out every single vacation thing before announcing it.

we have yet to hear from Timbits about his long, long drive back to ohio, then pics of the newington room and where she placed the items from magnolia and the grandfather clock, then an update of how happy she is to be back in the simple county life among the Amish, with some pics and video.

Maybe after that (and Kaylee) might get a courtship announcement if there is one to be made.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Y'all might remember Olivia Collingsworth. The Collingsworth have four children. They tour and sing. Olivia is the youngest and she was thought a candidate for a Duggar or Bates boy. (She has light red hair.) 

Olivia Collingsworth is engaged. Her fiance is rich. He has a college degree and a job and his family is rumored to be old money. 

Olivia herself I believe is well-educated and her family is smaller than most. She's also a Methodist although her family likes to call themselves generically Christian. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

if there is a courting in the works Jilly is dragging out every single vacation thing before announcing it.

we have yet to hear from Timbits about his long, long drive back to ohio, then pics of the newington room and where she placed the items from magnolia and the grandfather clock, then an update of how happy she is to be back in the simple county life among the Amish, with some pics and video.

Maybe after that (and Kaylee) might get a courtship announcement if there is one to be made.

Yes. I'm eager to see how "the Amish" are coming along with the Victorian-Rustic Newington Room. However, there must be photos of the Rods' singing their way back to Ohio yet to dump. I hope they include cowbell videos. Jill didn't spend a month hauling that ironing board and those out-of-tune bells around  if not to share with her "fans." 

No celebration of Kaylee until Nurthan's issue has been born, visited, and plastered all over social media. Jill has priorities. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope JillR is still photo dumping, or she better get her precious ass moving and go home. Hurricane Ida is coming and will be hitting Mississippi.

And to any in its path, be safe.

I thought you called her a “photo dumpling” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nothing funny about hurricanes though. Be safe, all of you!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Look at her left arm/hand. It’s huge compared to the right arm. 

its probably a photoshop fail

25B41357-6528-414B-8C87-CBDD066067C8.jpeg

Several of the Bates boys, including that one, look like someone put a hand on top of their head, a hand under their chin, and smooshed all their features together. Or their granddaddy was a bulldog. 

Major LOL at the bad Photoshop/poor choice of angles that resulted in Esther's man-hand. 

I wonder if the MedicCorps poseurs will be headed to Louisiana tomorrow, with Lawson's AirPods in place. 

Edited by Heathen
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

I predict that Jill R is going to struggle for awhile coming to terms with her taste of “the good life” - she spent time in a waterfront home, relaxing and recreating, then visited Magnolia where decorations are more expensive than thrift stores, and who knows what else.

The free $$ from the government let her experience what so many of us work hard to afford/enjoy. Now she might understand what earthly delights can be, and she’ll struggle with wanting it again, and again. She’s seen how the other half live...

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Several of the Bates boys, including that one, look like someone put a hand on top of their head, a hand under their chin, and smooshed all their features together. Or their granddaddy was a bulldog. 

Thank you for putting into words what I have found creepy about Gill’s looks.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Major LOL at the bad Photoshop/poor choice of angles that resulted in Esther's man-hand. 

I wonder if the MedicCorps poseurs will be headed to Louisiana tomorrow, with Lawson's AirPods in place. 

Nathan left with the chopper this morning. Both Kelly and Esther waxed rhapsodic about his exploits. 🙄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

And then it will be time for Nurie’s baby, and we’ll never hear about anything else ever again unless Jill herself gets pregnant. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

I predict that Jill R is going to struggle for awhile coming to terms with her taste of “the good life” - she spent time in a waterfront home, relaxing and recreating, then visited Magnolia where decorations are more expensive than thrift stores, and who knows what else.

The free $$ from the government let her experience what so many of us work hard to afford/enjoy. Now she might understand what earthly delights can be, and she’ll struggle with wanting it again, and again. She’s seen how the other half live...

THIS ^^^ 💯 

And it will be fun to watch 😈

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Nathan left with the chopper this morning. Both Kelly and Esther waxed rhapsodic about his exploits. 🙄

Someone explain to me how the HELL a low-level fundie, wannabe relief worker managed to get a helicopter. Unless you mean it's a Fisher-Price one and he drove to Louisiana with it strapped into the passenger seat next to him. 

This one seems appropriate for the MedicCorps poseurs. https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Imaginext-City-Helicopter-Medic/dp/B00EC0XXBM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1H4YRO9NTNZCG&dchild=1&keywords=fisher+price+helicopter&qid=1630296149&sprefix=fisher+price+gel%2Caps%2C186&sr=8-3

• LOL 11

Yay, another prop for the oatmeal-and-weeds Instagram aesthetic.

Btw, what happened to their dog? I know she went to a six-week training program, but shouldn't that have been up by now? It feels like it's been forever since they ditched her dropped her off. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, andromeda331 said:

A photo shoot at Target? Seriously? Those two are idiots.

I'm actually looking forward to this pregnancy. The competition between Erin and Carlin is going to be vicious. Sure, Erin has the "miracle" baby angle, but Carlin is trendier and much better at working the social media algorithms. My money's on her for the attention-whoring win.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

She announced very early.  In early July she took a negative test and talked about it on their weekly YouTube vlog.  Going to be a long pregnancy.

What about her slinky bridesmaid's dress for Katie's wedding?  She should have a bump by then, and, as I recall, the dress would not accommodate much of a bump.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

She announced very early.  In early July she took a negative test and talked about it on their weekly YouTube vlog.  Going to be a long pregnancy.

What about her slinky bridesmaid's dress for Katie's wedding?  She should have a bump by then, and, as I recall, the dress would not accommodate much of a bump.

Was that negative test just in July? I thought it was a couple of months ago. 

And yeah, it's time to bring Izzy home. IF they bring her home. Enthusiastic puppy and newborn baby don't seem like a good match in that tiny house. Of course, poor Izzy has probably had all her enthusiasm shocked out of her. ☹️ That won't stop Carvan from rehoming her.

On 8/28/2021 at 9:22 AM, awaken said:

Lol, the Newington Room. I’m calling it that from now on!

I assumed at first that this was what she was going to call the room that the Amish have been diligently working on while she and the family were spreading Covid and ear-shattering harmonies all over the lower half of the contiguous United States.

58 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

A photo shoot at Target? Seriously? Those two are idiots.

Oh my gosh, I am SO sorry that I made fun of the oatmeal/weeds combo.  Please, do NOT let this become a thing.  I don't want to have to walk by a photographer and a weirdly color-coordinated family posing in the aisles when I just want to pick up my Honey Nut Cheerios and get out of there.  I also hope they put back every single thing they had in that cart...this is just beyond stupid.  Tell me this is not a trend.

Also, baby names for a Boy Nurthan: Jillson, Jilliam, Jilltopher, Jillothy, Jillathan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

also hope they put back every single thing they had in that cart...this is just beyond stupid.  Tell me this is not a trend.

I'm praying this isn't a trend as well. Retail work is hard enough. The last thing employees need is a bunch of asshole "Influencers" leaving carts full of crap all over the store once they're done with their photoshoots.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm praying this isn't a trend as well. Retail work is hard enough. The last thing employees need is a bunch of asshole "Influencers" leaving carts full of crap all over the store once they're done with their photoshoots.

Schadenfreude would be idiots like Carlin and Erin having to work retail to make ends meet -- and I sincerely hope they get faced with self-entitled spoiled princesses who think making a giant mess in a store is no big deal. 

Carlin's level of self-obsession and showing off is embarrassing, and I'm not even related to her. 

• Love 18