Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is that a teeny, tiny pink heart over Nathan, while Hunk gets a great, big, "I Love You"? 

Can't have anyone thinking that anyone else comes even close to being as important as Shrek (though I'm almost surprised that she didn't find a way to give Jesus first billing, given that there seems to be a hierarchy involved). Nothing like meager crumbs, though.

You’d think Jill would give Nathan a bigger heart emoji since he spends a lot of $ on her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

You’d think Jill would give Nathan a bigger heart emoji since he spends a lot of $ on her. 

I think Jill's as appreciative of Nathan's open wallet as she is of her children giving her their birthday build a bears. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

The Branch Gainesians. 

Personally, I can't stand the Gaineses, and I couldn't even before I learned about their homophobic church. I think they're about as genuine, original, and deep as Ree Drummond. 

I can't either for the same reasons. Also, Chip is unwatchable, and I don't like Joanna's repetitive, upscale Hobby Lobby decor. If they move to an exclusive, pay-more cable network, let it be. 

I can see JillR offering Joanna advice about restoring a barndominum. I can see Joanna blowing her off. If I remember correctly, Jeremy and Audrey Roloff went to Waco hoping to meet their Gaineses' soulmates, and all they got was the chance to stand in line to buy a cupcake.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2

Jill has so many issues as a writer, but for some reason the small thing that sends me over the edge is her inability to distinguish between coordinate adjectives ("a short, roomantic date") and cumulative adjectives ("a short double date"), which require  no comma. I get the feeling she learned incorrectly that you always put a comma between two adjectives and she really prides herself on always remembering it and teaching it to her poor dumb kids. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill has probably already demanded shiplap in the addition. 

The Rods must be back home by now. When Jill finishes her vacation photo dump, maybe we'll see what "the Amish" have been doing in her absence. 

I'd love to know how much the Rods' month-long vacation really cost them after subtracting the free beach house, the food Nathan and Tim paid for, the meals the kids had to skip, the lunches and money from the churches, and the admissions and activities they grifted or stole. I think Jill dipped into the kids' stimulus payments for the parasailing, her souvenir shopping, and the rolling barndo's gasoline costs. There's also the question of where they stayed after they left the week at the beach house. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The Rods must be back home by now. When Jill finishes her vacation photo dump, maybe we'll see what "the Amish" have been doing in her absence. 

I'd love to know how much the Rods' month-long vacation really cost them after subtracting the free beach house, the food Nathan and Tim paid for, the meals the kids had to skip, the lunches and money from the churches, and the admissions and activities they grifted or stole. I think Jill dipped into the kids' stimulus payments for the parasailing, her souvenir shopping, and the rolling barndo's gasoline costs. There's also the question of where they stayed after they left the week at the beach house. 

The Rods have been home for nearly two weeks. Shrek preached at Covid Baptist on the 15th. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The Rods have been home for nearly two weeks. Shrek preached at Covid Baptist on the 15th. 

Does their church not have a regular pastor? It seems like David or a Rod boy is “preaching” far too often.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Does their church not have a regular pastor? It seems like David or a Rod boy is “preaching” far too often.

They preach in the afternoon. Not sure how many people actually show up for their antics.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Portia said:

Jill has so many issues as a writer, but for some reason the small thing that sends me over the edge is her inability to distinguish between coordinate adjectives ("a short, roomantic date") and cumulative adjectives ("a short double date"), which require  no comma. I get the feeling she learned incorrectly that you always put a comma between two adjectives and she really prides herself on always remembering it and teaching it to her poor dumb kids. 

I would bet she doesn’t actually know what an adjective is!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Portia said:

Do you really think she can identify parts of speech?  Does she even know there ARE parts of speech?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Do you really think she can identify parts of speech?  Does she even know there ARE parts of speech?

Do you think she understands that speech, for example in this context, does not need to be verbal?

(answer: big fat no) 

• Love 8

I knew a girl who wrote for the student newspaper when I was in college who didn't know the parts of speech. She was a terrible writer. My friends and I lived for her weekly articles and editorials. LOL But she was still a better writer than Jill. I refuse to believe Jill is better informed on the structure of the English language. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Sometimes it doesn’t work that way. Children come up with their own. 😁

But, MeMe would be the correct spelling in this case. 😉 

That's so true. My MIL wanted to be called Grammy, none of her grandkids called her that, mine called her meemaw. 

• Love 7

I’d like to know how they think it’s okay to park the stinkbus @ Magnolia Pic is screenshot from IG video with JRod telling us they parked there 🤦🏼‍♀️

No words….

FDEA9A74-213E-4518-8568-A26200E6DA4A.jpeg

Edited by tabloidlover
Typo
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

I would like to ban the word literally from the English language. Guess what, J-Fraud, you literally have to wait unless you plan on ripping the baby out of Nurie's abdomen before it's born. 

Warning to all: I'm a little cranky today so will be extra snarky. And I hate overused, misused words (literally, reveal, glowy, gush, and many more). 

Awesome journey! 😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Awesome journey! 😆

Hack. Hack hack hack. 

On a journey to hack your way to reveal glowy skin. "Literally," she gushed. 

GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! 

Please shoot me. 

• LOL 9
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Hack. Hack hack hack. 

On a journey to hack your way to reveal glowy skin. "Literally," she gushed. 

GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! 

Please shoot me. 

Sounds like you have as many literary pet peeves as I do! Glad to know I’m not alone.

• Love 6
Just now, Cinnabon said:

Sounds like you have as many literary pet peeves as I do! Glad to know I’m not alone.

You're far from alone, believe me. I can't stand the dumbing down of American media. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So Jill is going to be called Mimi.

Why are they squatting?

So glad that I opted to be Mima, as my other choice was Mimi, and it took me a while to decide. Even though, if I recall, Derick's mom is Mima, but that's still something I can live with.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I just saw another one. "Shares," as in "Pink shares that her father has died." Overused and misused. 

Topic: What's the pool on baby Nurthan's name? 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I just saw another one. "Shares," as in "Pink shares that her father has died." Overused and misused. 

Topic: What's the pool on baby Nurthan's name? 

Jill will not be satisfied unless the babies name has her name in it. Doesn't matter that it's a boy, I'm sure she'll insist, then say Nurie wanted it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, beckie said:

Jill will not be satisfied unless the babies name has her name in it. Doesn't matter that it's a boy, I'm sure she'll insist, then say Nurie wanted it.

If Ewan McGregor and his partner Mary Elizabeth Winstead can have a son named Laurie, surely the Nurthans can have a son named Jill. Jillo Noyes Rodrigues Keller, coming October 2021. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Heathen said:

If Ewan McGregor and his partner Mary Elizabeth Winstead can have a son named Laurie, surely the Nurthans can have a son named Jill. Jillo Noyes Rodrigues Keller, coming October 2021. 

Are they Little Women fans?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Are they Little Women fans?

Heck if I know. His daughters are Clara, Esther, Jamyan, and Anouk. (I have read his motorcycle books written with Charley Boorman.) Maybe it's a Scottish thing. 

Jillio David Rodrigues Keller. 

12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why are they squatting?

That was Jill's way to get a pic of the grounds...when they get home, she's going to make the kids dismantle pallets to make that fence and cut up fake grass to make that crisscross pattern near her fire pit. There will be fake silos on the new addition.

7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Nuri I wearing a sluttish anklet 

It's an ankle bracelet tied into Jill's phone...alarms when she goes into labor so "Mimi" can load everyone up and get to Florida.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

JRod is on FB (shilling Plexus) telling people that 90-95% of serotonin is produced in the gut. That’s unequivocally not true.  Not only does she think that she’s a Bible scholar, preacher and the holiest person who ever lived, but she also thinks she’s a doctor.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, drafan said:

That was Jill's way to get a pic of the grounds...when they get home, she's going to make the kids dismantle pallets to make that fence and cut up fake grass to make that crisscross pattern near her fire pit. There will be fake silos on the new addition.

It's an ankle bracelet tied into Jill's phone...alarms when she goes into labor so "Mimi" can load everyone up and get to Florida.

As if she'll wait that long. I predict they'll be in Florida by October 1 at the latest. If Nuri's due date is early October, mid-September. I hope Nathan busted his skinny ass mowing lawns this summer -- mommy-in-law is coming and she wants the GOOD Olive Garden. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

If Ewan McGregor and his partner Mary Elizabeth Winstead can have a son named Laurie, surely the Nurthans can have a son named Jill.

Laurie is one of those names (like Leslie and Beverly) which began as a boy's name, reached a peak of popularity in the Victorian era and then, during the 20th century, gradually morphed into a girl's name.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Laurie is one of those names (like Leslie and Beverly) which began as a boy's name, reached a peak of popularity in the Victorian era and then, during the 20th century, gradually morphed into a girl's name.

Lulz! Every time I hear those names in reference to men, my mind immediately goes to Karen's nemesis, Beverley Leslie, on Will & Grace. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2