Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I saw this on Reddit, so I apologize if it was posted before. As if children swimming in street clothes at night wasn’t disturbing enough, the last couple of seconds of Jill’s vacation video is Addams Family level creepy. Tessie’s reaction is almost Pavlovian.

It made me so sad. Those kids have to be "on" for her all the time and look so over the top happy. 

• Love 1

Obviously inspired by the blue-haired Walmart moms and the heathens of the beach and monster truck rallies, Jill wrote a song and it is nothing short of amazing:

Lyrics

🎵Jill: But as I look around me, such wickedness I seeeee. From this mortal body, I long to be freeee! But wait...

I hear a trumpettttt! The sound is blissss! I see a glorious figure in the kah-louds ...Who is thiiiisss?

Rodlets screech the chorus: It is the son of gahhhhhd! Jesus is his naaaame!🎵

I wasn’t aware that Phillip’s voice was so low and Tim is really trying to hit those Minnie Riperton notes. I wonder how late she makes these kids stay up rehearsing this tripe. I would love to see Jill’s attempt at a music video though.

• LOL 19
2 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Obviously inspired by the blue-haired Walmart moms and the heathens of the beach and monster truck rallies, Jill wrote a song and it is nothing short of amazing:

Lyrics

🎵Jill: But as I look around me, such wickedness I seeeee. From this mortal body, I long to be freeee! But wait...

I hear a trumpettttt! The sound is blissss! I see a glorious figure in the kah-louds ...Who is thiiiisss?

I wasn’t aware that Phillip’s voice was so low and Tim is really trying to hit those Minnie Riperton notes. I wonder how late she makes these kids stay up rehearsing this tripe. I would love to see Jill’s attempt at a music video though.

This is real ?

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

It’s real and it’s spectacular. I would warn against listening while near any animals. My cat gave me the “Dude, WTF?” eyes.

she also claims to have copyright, which i do not believe for even a second

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Lyrics

I heard them perform that "piece" a while back complete with TimBits blasting his trumpet when Jill announced that she had heard a trumpet. Just like her hair, makeup and weird choreography, it was so extra and unnecessary. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

That's what the donations are for!

Last week someone over on Reddit went through the motions of donating to Medic Corps, and the result was interesting.  Medic Corps uses a third party to collect donations called National Christian Charitable Foundation, Inc.  

image.thumb.png.82cfac3467396bdf9b6713b2b114b95c.png

I find this very interesting because Medic Corps is a component fund and the donation is "subject to NCF's sole discretion and control."  There is no guarantee that the money donated actually goes to Medic Corps.  The NCF can decide (after taking their cut, naturally) that the money is better off going into their larger slush fund.  A fund that doles out money to other "Christian" organizations like the FRC.  Granted these are like-minded groups, but as a donor I would be very upset to find out the money I gave to help people who are actively suffering was diverted to fund another project.  

I do understand why non-profits contract with third parties to help invest their donations, but this seems extremely sketchy.  

• Useful 12
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

At this point I think they are surgically attached to his ears. 🙄

I thought his hairspray glued them to his ears. 

59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

With most charities, donated money hardly ever goes directly to current situations, whether a third party receiver is used or not.

And if they're constantly asking for money and something seems off, it probably is. 

I've mentioned before that my involvement in cat rescue taught me a lot I wished I didn't know about nonprofits. I'll add more. Don't donate to an animal rescue unless they are completely transparent about their finances, their boards, and their mission. If they refuse to answer or ignore even basic questions, they're hiding something and they don't deserve your money. 

And if their "board" consists of their family members and close friends, run away. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I thought his hairspray glued them to his ears. 

And if they're constantly asking for money and something seems off, it probably is. 

I've mentioned before that my involvement in cat rescue taught me a lot I wished I didn't know about nonprofits. I'll add more. Don't donate to an animal rescue unless they are completely transparent about their finances, their boards, and their mission. If they refuse to answer or ignore even basic questions, they're hiding something and they don't deserve your money. 

And if their "board" consists of their family members and close friends, run away. 

I agree that there is a lot of unethical behavior in the non-profit world.  And if Medic Corps handled all of their money in-house, it would happen there as well.  Their whole mission has a lot of overhead built into it without adding salaries or other wasteful spending on themselves that also happens to be legal (though their SCUBA training is toeing that particular line).  

I get you about the cat rescue.  I am open to allowing a cat adopt me, but I will not patronize my local cat rescue.  It's run by the type of cat people who give other cat people a bad name.  They always have a ton of cats up for adoption because no one is ever good enough.  I just looked up their adoption form and they want 3 different phone numbers, the names and ages of all people living in the home, name of employer, home ownership status, etc. plus a vet recommendation.  I actually surprised they did not ask what type of food I am planning on feeding the cat, or maybe that's part of their second round of screening.  

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 8/22/2021 at 3:33 PM, charmed1 said:

Lyrics

I wasn’t aware that Phillip’s voice was so low and Tim is really trying to hit those Minnie Riperton notes. I wonder how late she makes these kids stay up rehearsing this tripe. I would love to see Jill’s attempt at a music video though. [bold mine].

Well, she tried to make one with Tim after he came back home after two tries at college. She had him strolling through a grassy field and lip synch with the Rod singers on the track. Not the best to launch a career. However, for Jill's dramatic song, there would have to be some special effects with her singing and the sky opening and Jesus appearing. I hope he has his fingers in his ears and decides to go back. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree that there is a lot of unethical behavior in the non-profit world.  And if Medic Corps handled all of their money in-house, it would happen there as well.  Their whole mission has a lot of overhead built into it without adding salaries or other wasteful spending on themselves that also happens to be legal (though their SCUBA training is toeing that particular line).  

I get you about the cat rescue.  I am open to allowing a cat adopt me, but I will not patronize my local cat rescue.  It's run by the type of cat people who give other cat people a bad name.  They always have a ton of cats up for adoption because no one is ever good enough.  I just looked up their adoption form and they want 3 different phone numbers, the names and ages of all people living in the home, name of employer, home ownership status, etc. plus a vet recommendation.  I actually surprised they did not ask what type of food I am planning on feeding the cat, or maybe that's part of their second round of screening.  

Most of those questions are pretty standard for adoption applications no matter the size of the rescue, and they were as far back as 2002, when I adopted my soulmate tiger (RIP). I tell applicants what kind of food the cat or kitten is eating, and we do have a discussion about food. I won't adopt out without knowing who lives in the household -- that's common sense. The home ownership question is so that if someone lives in an apartment, I can make sure their lease allows it. Otherwise, the cat might very well end up being returned once the complex finds out. If I'm "too picky" because I ask those questions, then you (general you) don't need to be adopting one of my fosters. 

The ones you need to watch out for don't respond to applications within 24-48 hours, tell you they'll let you know next week, are overly emotional about the idea of letting a cat go, insist on visiting or having close contact afterward even if you don't wish to, and/or are hoarders. How can you tell which ones are hoarders? Ask how many cats they have. If they won't answer or are reluctant to answer, run. If you meet them in person and they or their bags smell like cat piss, run. 

Topic: MedicCorps has enough unethical behavior going on without their "managing" their own money. Their white savior complex is a fine example of that. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Well, she tried to make one with Tim after he came back home after two tries at college. She had him strolling through a grassy field and lip synch with the Rod singers on the track. Not the best to launch a career. However, for Jill's dramatic song, there would have to be some special effects with her singing and the sky opening and Jesus appearing. I hope he has his fingers in his ears and decides to go back. 

Don’t forget TimBits had his keys and his phone in his pockets… 

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Medi Corps. 

I’m thinking of starting the Southern Baptist Cchurch and asking for donations online.

Maybe I'll start the Roman Catholic Cchurch and we'll both clean up. I just need some dude to play priest for me. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

7DECD0A8-F145-429E-AA1A-CF5EB13B24D6.jpeg

0DA9F5B0-80B6-4889-9A70-D819F0800148.jpeg

Those are cringe-worthy, but it's probably the best they can do with the limited cheap supplies Jill allowed them to buy.  Do we know how much they're asking for this mismatched cardboard creation?

• Love 3

The 11 year old that I babysat for, makes better earrings than these. She's made me two pair and I love them. They are made from clay and the detail in the flower ones she made me are incredible.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

An example:

461D6218-5E5A-48AD-8CE5-8733D78E4F87.jpeg

Scent would sound better than smell…….

2F7C0F1F-60E4-4CE7-A129-3BA2213215CE.jpeg

There’s a pair that they’re draw a heart on with a magic marker that’s so cringe-worthy that I was truly embarrassed for them.  It breaks my heart.  Every time those children do something like this, it makes me hate Jill and Shrek even more.  

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And what, pray tell, is a "primitive handmade air freshener?"  A piece of cardboard with a Bounce dryer sheet stapled to it?

the description -

"Bring a 'lil country love to your home. These primitive, heart air fresheners will add so much warmth to your home and spread a little love in the air! Don't hesitate, these are sure to fly by like pancakes.
(Color may slightly vary after being soaked in the oil.)"

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Heathen said:

Topic: MedicCorps has enough unethical behavior going on without their "managing" their own money. Their white savior complex is a fine example of that. 

Maybe they should pull out now and go home(ish) to Waverly TN, devastated on Saturday by flooding. Make their critics happy.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

The flowered paper isn’t even set straight on the metal; you can see that it’s off center. I don’t see how they can sell many earrings, considering all of the better ones available on Etsy.

I agree. I love Etsy and you can get much nicer pieces for a reasonable price. I feel badly for the girls because they're trying, but they're so far behind the curve in terms of style and trends that the only sales they'll make are the occasional ones done out of pity.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Maybe they should pull out now and go home(ish) to Waverly TN, devastated on Saturday by flooding. Make their critics happy.

Not enough attention whoring opportunities near home! Honestly, nothing they do is going to make me "happy" because they're not qualified to do shit and they're not trying it out of the goodness of their hearts. They're doing it for money and notoriety. And maybe Jesus points with their friends. 

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

Not enough attention whoring opportunities near home! Honestly, nothing they do is going to make me "happy" because they're not qualified to do shit and they're not trying it out of the goodness of their hearts. They're doing it for money and notoriety. And maybe Jesus points with their friends. 

Yep, they need to be working someplace where most of the locals do not speak English and the American media is looking for English speaking volunteers to interview.  That's not going to happen in Tennessee where there are plenty of local law enforcement, fire and rescue and other professionals leading the efforts who can talk to  reporters on TV and radio.  Medicorps is not interested in rescuing people when there is no opportunity to promote  themselves.

• Love 17

These poor Rod girls. Not only have to cook, clean, take care of the kids but make these sad looking earrings.

Also I forgot to mention all the hours they practice their performances. I bet the older girls barely sleep. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Yep.  These fools keep on inserting themselves into the situation to get media attention.  Their latest Instagram post has a clip from CBS news to go with them already being seen on camera for NBC news and a shout out from FOX news.  They did the same thing in the Bahamas.  Their ability to sniff out the cameras is uncanny and it makes me wonder how much actual work they are accomplishing.  

• Love 17