Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

Tim isn't in this picture.  I guess he had to leave out early to start his 26 hour drive back home and no one wanted to go with him to help him with the driving or just to keep him company.  

Also, when did they visit the Silos at Magnolia?  Was it on their way to Port Aransas or on their way back?  I couldn't find where Jill posted about that yet on Insta.  

She hasn't. Those pics came from a snarker in a FB group I'm in.

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Right. In JillR's mind, if you're not photographing it and posting it on SM, then what is the point of prayer?

Didn’t Jesus say to pray privately?

3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

46265A34-3C43-4DD1-AABA-3F17C83E824F.jpeg

🤣💀

Someone tell her that George Washington required his troops to be vaccinated for smallpox.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill shaved off 15 years and 50 pounds in photoshop. She is the size of one of her malnourished daughters. 🤣🤣🤣

Neck rolls and jiggly arm fat is gone !

D97FDDAB-FAEC-4FB2-AA14-443A79815732.jpeg

So are her breasts. Her photoshopping skills leave much to be desired. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They almost - almost - look like a typical family here. Why JillR doesn't dress the little ones in cute little outfits, puzzles me.238452396_2929356430636024_6647547503692

Interesting that the photo without Jill or Shrek is the one where they come closest to looking like a typical, happy family.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

xxbqfzmekbh71.jpg?width=556&auto=webp&s=

Leaving aside the your/you’re problem, what the hell does that even mean? To me, summer means it’s hot, humid, buggy and miserable. I’m going to assume he meant it as a compliment, but perhaps he could be less…opaque.

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Leaving aside the your/you’re problem, what the hell does that even mean? To me, summer means it’s hot, humid, buggy and miserable. I’m going to assume he meant it as a compliment, but perhaps he could be less…opaque.

And why does her head look so oddly detached from the rest of her body ?

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

“You make my crack all sticky, Ok?”

• LOL 24
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They almost - almost - look like a typical family here. Why JillR doesn't dress the little ones in cute little outfits, puzzles me.238452396_2929356430636024_6647547503692

Sofia has on 3 shirts and a dress that’s at least 5 sizes too big.  I’ve never seen that poor child wear anything that wasn’t either too large, too small or looked like it was pulled out of a dumpster.  I wonder how old Sadie will be before Jill finally decides that maybe she should take her to the dentist since she hasn’t had her 2 front teeth for years.  If anyone is interested, Jill has uploaded a new 30+ minute video on YouTube:  Family, Fun Summer and Independence Day.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

This video includes the adventure in rain water runoff. Watching it, and actually hearing them, instead of just seeing pictures may do you harm, just saying.

video:

When was 'Idependence day' this year? Did it fall before or after the Fourth of July?

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

I just can't get over how dangerous that "swimming" in the culvert was.  I know they didn't check to find out what was in the water, but did they check to see how long that tunnel was?  We have a culvert pipe near me that is used for flood protection, and it goes underground for at least a mile.  I actually don't know how long that "tunnel"  is, but I have never seen the other end.  I would hope Best Mama Ever checked to make sure it was open on the other side.  Those poor kids could have been in that pipe for a long time with no way go backwards. Wet heavy clothing and unknown water.  Yep, sounds very safe to me.  Let's post it and repost it again!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Is there terminology for someone who is beyond tone deaf? Because that's what Jill is. 

Related to music? I have no idea. Related to life? The answer is arrogant. 😁

In other Fundy family stupidity, Josie Bates, her husband and some of his siblings went kayaking. It looked like some beautiful gorge. I have no idea how deep the water is, but there is no land, just rocky cliffs. Not one life-preserver among them. Total idiots.

• Love 14

Exactly how long are the Rods squatting in Rebekah's house? It feels like they've been there for a month. I wonder if Rebekah initially offered use of the home strictly to Nathan and Nurie, and when Jill got word she conveniently arranged to be in town.

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Related to music? I have no idea. Related to life? The answer is arrogant. 

In other Fundy family stupidity, Josie Bates, her husband and some of his siblings went kayaking. It looked like some beautiful gorge. I have no idea how deep the water is, but there is no land, just rocky cliffs. Not one life-preserver among them. Total idiots.

Wow, that is beyond stupid. Quarries are notorious dumping grounds. Even though the water looks calm, there's all kinds of junk below the surface. If any of those idiots capsized and got tangled up, they'd drown. 

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Exactly how long are the Rods squatting in Rebekah's house? It feels like they've been there for a month. I wonder if Rebekah initially offered use of the home strictly to Nathan and Nurie, and when Jill got word she conveniently arranged to be in town.

JillR probably took so many pictures she decided to spread out releasing them to her “fans”. I think they were only at Rebekah’s for a week, but you never know. The timeline is always tough with JillR since her posts are so random and usually lonnnnnnnnng. And you are probably right about the house being offered to Nurthan and JillR glomming onto the vacation. She thinks the world revolves around her so of course she’s invited along! They probably parked their camper at TFDW’s church while Nurthan visited Pris and David. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Is there terminology for someone who is beyond tone deaf? Because that's what Jill is. 

Oblivious(?)

Definition: not aware of or not concerned about what is happening around one.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

You must be lucky enough to have never met--or sung in the church choir with--someone who's truly tone deaf. Jill's singing isn't as good as she thinks it is, but she can carry a tune. 

I guess it goes without saying that only the boys get to lead family devotions? It makes me furious that these girls have no voice, not even in their own family. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Portia said:

You must be lucky enough to have never met--or sung in the church choir with--someone who's truly tone deaf. Jill's singing isn't as good as she thinks it is, but she can carry a tune. 

I don't think the OP was referring to "tone deaf" in the musical sense...

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

interesting in the vacation pics Gabriel went from polo shirts to the Hawaiian shirts in a few pics - maybe he has joined the boogaloo bois

He's got the ears to fit in with the BB. 

• LOL 5
8 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

Jill souvenir shopping - I wonder how much tacky crap she’s bringing back to the overstuffed barndo.

I wonder how many souvenirs the kids got? Oh, that's right...none. BEST MAMA deserves ALL the goodies, including a new blouse hoodie. 🙄

9 hours ago, Portia said:

I guess it goes without saying that only the boys get to lead family devotions? It makes me furious that these girls have no voice, not even in their own family. 

Someone on FB asked Jill if the women in the group got to lead the devotions too.  Jill said that the females could “interject”, but that they prefer to encourage men’s leadership in that area.  Independent Baptists believe that women aren’t supposed to lead in anything having to do with religion.  They’re not supposed to preach, pray, hold a leadership role in the church, etc.  In other words, the women are supposed to be seen, not heard.

5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Someone on FB asked Jill if the women in the group got to lead the devotions too.  Jill said that the females could “interject”, but that they prefer to encourage men’s leadership in that area.  Independent Baptists believe that women aren’t supposed to lead in anything having to do with religion.  They’re not supposed to preach, pray, hold a leadership role in the church, etc.  In other words, the women are supposed to be seen, not heard.

Jill preaches all the fucking time. And she also has a radio show every Saturday where she preaches. 

IFB is okay with older women preaching to other women, preferably younger. Jill does say during her radio broadcasts that she's preaching to women. But men see her SM and some may actually respond to her on FB. How does she justify that? 

It's Jill, so all rationale is thrown out the window. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13