Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, crazy8s said:

Jilly please explain how that ass hugging skirt on the not nurie taking the pic is modest wear.

explain how you can even notice the very modest not nurie butt (due to it being covered in hideous fabric, which we all know is the real test), when there is a clearly sluttish lady standing nearby whose KNEES you can see. 

• LOL 12

Does anyone know why all the Nathan & Esther wedding plans involve the Bates family and not the bride’s family? Instagram today shows them addressing invitations with Lawson hanging about. Looks like KJ and Whit doing the actual invites.  Esther also went dress shopping with mostly Bateses. Maybe it’s going to be filmed? Do we know where the wedding is going to be? I remember they were all over the place for their engagement, what will they do to top that?

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ugh people, proofread your copy before posting it to the world. 🙄

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CShr97RiU5W/?utm_medium=copy_link

Using “your” instead of “you’re” makes this retired teacher cringe every time I see it.  I would like them to write for homework 100 times: (written  in ink, on paper, no computer)

You’re, not your is the correct way to spell  you are.

Please have it on my desk by 8am Monday morning.  No exceptions!

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, marypat57 said:

Using “your” instead of “you’re” makes this retired teacher cringe every time I see it.  I would like them to write for homework 100 times: (written  in ink, on paper, no computer)

"YOU apostrophe RE means you are. YOUR means your!" Channeling my inner Ross Geller here (and my inner Chandler Bing on the other thread). 

Those two should be embarrassed to put something like that on social media. It's a second-grade mistake, FFS. 

• Love 17
59 minutes ago, marypat57 said:

46 minutes ago, Heathen said:

"YOU apostrophe RE means you are. YOUR means your!" Channeling my inner Ross Geller here (and my inner Chandler Bing on the other thread). 

Those two should be embarrassed to put something like that on social media. It's a second-grade mistake, FFS. 

32 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

I ALWAYS think of Ross Geller when I see “you’re” misspelled! 

It always makes me think of the Castle episode season two, episode two where the killer used the wrong "your" when writing his message on the woman he murdered. Castle's pretty annoyed by it and goes on a little rant.  

Lanie Parish: Multiple GSWs. Entries look fairly small-caliber, probably a .22.

Kate Beckett: [seeing words scribbled on the victim's face] "Psycho The Rapist"? "Your out of time"?

Lanie Parish: Looks like a patient lost their patience.

Richard Castle: Also his command of grammar. "Your" should be U-apostrophe-R-E, as in "you are". That's not even a tough one, not like when to use "who" or "whom.

Kate Beckett: Do you really think *that's* the take-away here, Castle?

Richard Castle: I'm just saying whoever killed her also murdered the English language.

He even brings it up while questioning a suspect.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

And pretty soon those two yahoos will procreate. And Hanna will homeschool. 🤦🏽‍♀️

On 8/11/2021 at 12:39 PM, Westiepeach said:

There is a local Cleveland commercial for injury lawyers that airs pretty frequently. The lawyer says, "if you are SEVERELY injured call us now..." I always think of JRod when it airs!

fuckin goofball

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I really don’t like bare feet. Why is Jill showing off hers 🤢.

Because she’s on vacation. Did you know she was on vacation? I am now sick of that word.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Hey, she went to bible college! She's well equipped to homeschool. 

Not.

Hannah only went to Bible college? Isn't her brother an engineer? Sexism at work.

BTW, I thought you might find it interesting that Hannah posted about being a fan of Jane Austin.

4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hannah only went to Bible college? Isn't her brother an engineer? Sexism at work.

BTW, I thought you might find it interesting that Hannah posted about being a fan of Jane Austin.

I'm sure Austen's best points are totally lost on her. Her favorite heroine is probably Fanny Price. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm sure Austen's best points are totally lost on her. Her favorite heroine is probably Fanny Price. 🙄

Yes, there are some Austen fans who principally adore the novels for gentility, good manners, and romance.  Then there are those of us who most appreciate her wit and satire.  I imagine most of them wouldn't like the fact that Jane's father, a clergyman, allowed her to read all kinds of novels, including the raunchy stuff of the 18th C.

• Love 9

It was always wild to me to discuss Austen's novels in a literature class and see the wide disparity in what attracted various fans. The satire went right past some of them. LOL 

• Love 9
On 8/11/2021 at 8:31 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

I imagine people she says she saved on the street, laundromat, or wherever were just people who were being polite in the hope she would go away with her God bothering.

God, can you imagine?

Jill: Can I talk to you about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?

You: Is this going to take long? My whites are almost ready for the dryer.

Jill: Well...salvation...blah blah...sinners...blah blah...blessings...blah blah...printing ministry...yada yada yada. Do you wanna be saved?

You: If I say yes, will you go the fuck away?

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

God, can you imagine?

Jill: Well...salvation...blah blah...sinners...blah blah...blessings...blah blah...printing ministry...yada yada yada. Do you wanna be saved?

Daniel is that you?

• LOL 12
3 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Has anyone ever seen Jill in the same outfit twice?  Noticed her sluttish ankle bracelet in the sexy barefoot pictures.  

Nope. you'll also never see her in anything poorly fitted, worn out or not coordinated.  Too bad her daughters cannot say the same.

So, only the boys can lead the family in 'devotions'?  How nice!  Wouldn't want a female leading them in prayer.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

God, can you imagine?

Interesting how not one of the random strangers she’s “saved” are ever seen or heard from again. None of them ever come to her church for services or visit her at the barndo or attend one of her family’s performances. And you know that if that ever happened, we’d never hear the end of it: “It was such a miracle to see my dear friend Egbert at our church today and hear him testify that if it wasn’t for ME, he never would have found Jesus! And then he treated David and me to breakfast afterwards at the good IHOP!  I feel so SEVERELY blessed!”

• LOL 11
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They almost - almost - look like a typical family here. Why JillR doesn't dress the little ones in cute little outfits, puzzles me.

11 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

She's cheap, lazy and doesn't give a crap about anyone but herself.

Also, she can't risk their looking too prosperous. Their family income is based on being missionaries for the correct Jesus who have sacrificed so much to preach the Word, that good Christians must open their wallets as well as their hearts, and support the ministry. The more like Dickensian ragamuffins the little kids look, the better for that purpose. I wonder how many nice church ladies have taken pity on the raggedy skinny little Rods and fed the whole family? Probably a lot over the years.

Jill's got a dilemma with the kids once they get into their teens, though. She can't have the older kids looking raggedy and awful because she needs them to find spouses from desirable fundie families - the DUGGARS, the BATESes, the KELLERS, etc. So the girls get Best Mama Ever's 1990's makeup and hair and the eyebrows from hell, and wear clothes that aren't great but more or less fit them. And the boys get real shirts and trousers, and I'd bet the boys' clothes don't 100% come from thrift stores. Unlike their sisters' garb.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

They almost - almost - look like a typical family here. Why JillR doesn't dress the little ones in cute little outfits, puzzles me.238452396_2929356430636024_6647547503692

Poor Sophia is always the worst dressed.  She is wearing three layers of oversized clothes in the Texas heat.  Probably tights too.  She looks so exhausted she can barely stand up, poor thing.

All these devotions on vacation just seems rediculous.  And sexist.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

Poor Sophia is always the worst dressed.  She is wearing three layers of oversized clothes in the Texas heat.  Probably tights too.  She looks so exhausted she can barely stand up, poor thing.

All these devotions on vacation just seems rediculous.  And sexist.

But how else will anyone know they LOVE JESUS? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

But how else will anyone know they LOVE JESUS? 

Right. In JillR's mind, if you're not photographing it and posting it on SM, then what is the point of prayer?

• Love 12

And nothing says I LOVE JESUS like uneducated and under-educated boys spouting about things they don't understand and can't explain. But they regurgitate well.

Edited by Chicklet
I gots an education
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They almost - almost - look like a typical family here. Why JillR doesn't dress the little ones in cute little outfits, puzzles me.238452396_2929356430636024_6647547503692

Tim isn't in this picture.  I guess he had to leave out early to start his 26 hour drive back home and no one wanted to go with him to help him with the driving or just to keep him company.  

Also, when did they visit the Silos at Magnolia?  Was it on their way to Port Aransas or on their way back?  I couldn't find where Jill posted about that yet on Insta.  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Does anyone know why all the Nathan & Esther wedding plans involve the Bates family and not the bride’s family? Instagram today shows them addressing invitations with Lawson hanging about. Looks like KJ and Whit doing the actual invites.  Esther also went dress shopping with mostly Bateses. Maybe it’s going to be filmed? Do we know where the wedding is going to be? I remember they were all over the place for their engagement, what will they do to top that?

Great observation.  This went right over my head when I saw the story.  Perhaps the Bates offered to do this since they have a lot of willing hands?  I did notice that even though Ester was there, she was not at the table doing any of the addressing.  

I do think Ester has sisters and they were there when she got her dress.  But honestly, I can't remember now.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Apparently Whitney Bates' mom nearly died from Covid.

In other news, their children have been "praying for a farm" and lo and behold, Zach and Whitney just bought a 17 acre farm.

I guess being an "influencer" must pay well. I can't see his salary or her work paying for a mortgage on a good-sized farm even in Tennessee, especially with recent NICU bills. 

• Useful 2

Jill posts the nightly devotions to show that even on vacation, they are working hard for the Lord (Daniel). They must have brought a box or two of Bible tracts to pass out among the heathens, people who go on vacation to relax and have fun. 

"Souvenir shopping, night on the town" = Nathan is still paying for everything. 

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill wants her daughters to look like urchins so they won't be competing with her. Note that Jill doesn't have the sperm eyebrows, either. 

• Love 6