Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I hope the homeowners see those videos of the kids in the pool fully clothed. 

It was only the older girls who were swimming that night.  Everyone else was inside watching a movie.  There’s absolutely no reason why they couldn’t have worn a pair of shorts and a T-shirt to swim.  No reason at all, other than they may not own a pair of shorts.  I’ll bet they don’t. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

this was their year for big sandy - if someone would have invited them, it would have been free and the inviting family would have received half off. Says a lot no one would invite the Rods.

David and Priscilla Waller would have been the logical ones to invite them, since they are “family”. What’s the point of Nurie being married to PRISCILLA WALLER’S BROTHER if Jill can’t impose on them? So far, Nathan’s connections to Fundie Royalty don’t seem to be doing her one damn bit of good.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It was only the older girls who were swimming that night.  Everyone else was inside watching a movie.  There’s absolutely no reason why they couldn’t have worn a pair of shorts and a T-shirt to swim.  No reason at all, other than they may not own a pair of shorts.  I’ll bet they don’t. 

Oh there is a reason! It’s impossible to virtue signal if you don’t do something drastic to draw attention to yourself! 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

The eyebrows are tragic!

Look what she did to Tessa’s eyebrows. 😞

D3B2FACF-2612-4096-9FFD-C4B70A644637.jpeg

You know that Jill is itching to get ahold of Hannah’s eyebrows!  It’s not enough that she destroys her offspring mentally, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually, but she destroys them physically, as well.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Is it possible that the "vacation home" belongs to Suzanne Keller?

Could be. I think Nathan's rich sister (Suzanne?) and her husband live in the area, so this house might be their vacation home or a timeshare. In other words, Jill may have been able to grift this place for the week. Let's see if she offers any thanks or appreciation or brags about how she got it. I can see Jill handing over a chunk of the kids' stimulus money to rent a nice place for her and Hunk and maybe for Nurie and Nathan, but not for the entire gang. The kids can sleep in the stink bus. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

David and Priscilla Waller would have been the logical ones to invite them, since they are “family”. What’s the point of Nurie being married to PRISCILLA WALLER’S BROTHER if Jill can’t impose on them? So far, Nathan’s connections to Fundie Royalty don’t seem to be doing her one damn bit of good.

also nurie married to anna duggar's brother connection isn't working for jilly either as far as duggar and their crowd to get an invite to big sandy. I posted the link here a while back about the invite someone they get registration free and you get half off for your family. I don't see it now on the family camp page, since the event is over.

since smuggar was arrested you can see a direct pivot to Jill mentioning the wallers.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Could be. I think Nathan's rich sister (Suzanne?) and her husband live in the area, so this house might be their vacation home or a timeshare. In other words, Jill may have been able to grift this place for the week. Let's see if she offers any thanks or appreciation or brags about how she got it. I can see Jill handing over a chunk of the kids' stimulus money to rent a nice place for her and Hunk and maybe for Nurie and Nathan, but not for the entire gang. The kids can sleep in the stink bus. 

Where was the stink bus, back at the church? In one of the videos Hunk is definitely driving a car. Were the other Rodlets in Tim’s car? You know, the one on the fairy. That must be why he had a deadline on his arrival.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

since smuggar was arrested you can see a direct pivot to Jill mentioning the wallers.

Jill is nothing if not pragmatic in her grifting. 

But even before Smuggar's arrest and the explosion of the latest scandal, Jill was banging her head against the walls of the Duggar compound in vain. I think that when Nurie married ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER, she had visions of Nurie becoming BFFs with Anna, Jana, Jessa, etc. and using that to worm her own way into the TTH.

What she never stopped to consider was that Anna does not seem to be particularly close to Nathan (they may not see each other more than once or twice a year) and had no desire to take his new bride under her wing. And the Duggars themselves have often seemed to barely tolerate Anna herself, much less her relatives. The one exception was Priscilla, whom they embraced because she was married to Bill Gothard's protégé. I think that the Duggars have always been very conscious of their status as Fundie royalty/TV stars and Anna eagerly embraced their snobbish values. 

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
41 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Where was the stink bus, back at the church? In one of the videos Hunk is definitely driving a car. Were the other Rodlets in Tim’s car? You know, the one on the fairy. That must be why he had a deadline on his arrival.

In one of the most recent videos, Jill said that the stink bus/camper was parked at a church.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Josie Bates vague posted an IG story. She's filming herself with the lead stickers still on, possibly from an EKG, and said she spent the night in the ER

I fucking hate vaguebooking. Say it or keep quiet.

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I fucking hate vaguebooking. Say it or keep quiet.

She just did a new IG story. Apparently she had a headache and vomiting, then woke up practically catatonic. She was diagnosed with food poisoning and dehydration.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

They seemingly have some sort of health crisis requiring emergency treatment on a weekly basis.  And they're more than happy to share it all with their devoted followers.

Well if it's not on Instagram it just didn't happen, you know?

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Oh Good Lord!  Those Bates girls' are the most fragile flowers in the garden, aren't they?  They seemingly have some sort of health crisis requiring emergency treatment on a weekly basis.  And they're more than happy to share it all with their devoted followers.

I’ve never needed to go to the ER for food poisoning. I wonder how  much that bill was!

Jill posted this on fb. She is truly deplorable.

*Make sure to read to the end..  I thought this was SO cute below.....

"Enough debates. Just go out and get it already. It protects you, your family and everyone in the community. It's been scientifically, mathematically and statistically proven to make everyone safer. The communities that got them are overwhelmingly safer. The chances of side effects or accidents are so unbelievably small that it's completely absurd to not get one already. Quit being selfish, quit arguing online and go purchase a firearm!"

Nathan gave Nurie the debit card or cash. Now Jill can brag about grocery shopping. Doesn't look like they plan to cook from scratch, and that basket contains fewer than two days of full meals for 16 people. Not that Jill would know that, however. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Anyone heard of Port Aransas? That's where they stayed. It appears to be close to Corpus Christi. 

Most Texans go to this beach.  South Padre Island is way more South, Galveston is dirty water… Port A is just right!

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Anyone heard of Port Aransas? That's where they stayed. It appears to be close to Corpus Christi. 

So, the first picture is what comes up as a house owned by Kevin and Rebekah (Keller) Hunt. It’s in Port Aransas.

Second and third pictures are by Jill.

The third picture is now in a separate post.

17ED58D4-A2D7-458A-99BE-5A77D3C6B751.jpeg

C36A7AD9-EE37-4401-AD6D-EF4EB5350A34.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 7
19 minutes ago, Saylii said:

Most Texans go to this beach.  South Padre Island is way more South, Galveston is dirty water… Port A is just right!

Port A WAS just right!  Now that the Rods have been there, it is undoubtedly less desirable.

So, this fabulous family vacation was another grift visited upon Nathan and his family.  No surprises, there.  I'm sure Jill has already got plans for her next vacation and the next and the next....

Meanwhile, the pool filter is going to be clogged with fibers from their denim 'swimsuits'.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Is that stouffers lasagna??? Bwahaha JD Duggar would be thrilled to eat that 

There is some kind of Stouffers frozen entree.  It looks like there are a couple of them in there.  Stouffers family size meals serve about 4 people.  So, one pan for David and Jill, Nathan, Nurie and the 12 other kids split the rest?

She's also got ready made cream pies in there. Two.  For at least 8 adults and 8 kids.  All for David's dessert, I'd expect.

Is Jill not aware that it is summer?  That fresh fruits and vegetables are delicious and readily available almost everywhere.  That she's visiting a coastal town where fresh fish is bountiful, cheap and delicious?

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Nathan’s sister probably said something in passing about “if you’re ever in Texas stop by” not realizing who she was dealing with. JillR jumped all over that, lol. Or maybe Rebekah figured it was better to let them use the beach house than actually have the stink bus parked in her yard.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

That cart of “food” is pathetic.

It’s enough to feed Dave, Jill and Nurthan. The rest can share 1 home made taco.

Nuri must have a great immune system... Does she drink plexus ? Maybe that’s what is keeping her alive. I’m still shocked she got pregnant being that malnourished looking. 

36 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

There is some kind of Stouffers frozen entree.  It looks like there are a couple of them in there.  Stouffers family size meals serve about 4 people.  So, one pan for David and Jill, Nathan, Nurie and the 12 other kids split the rest?

She's also got ready made cream pies in there. Two.  For at least 8 adults and 8 kids.  All for David's dessert, I'd expect.

Is Jill not aware that it is summer?  That fresh fruits and vegetables are delicious and readily available almost everywhere.  That she's visiting a coastal town where fresh fish is bountiful, cheap and delicious?

I’m 99.9% certain that the Rods get hundreds of dollars worth of SNAP benefits aka food stamps each and every month.  There’s absolutely no reason why any of those children should be undernourished/malnourished! 🤬

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Nice house and island vacation. Now, Jill and the kids will sing and beg for meals and cash at small churches all the way back to Ohio. 

If this is Jill's plan for the yearly family vacation, Rebekah and Kevin may have opened themselves up to the biggest JRod grift ever. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m 99.9% certain that the Rods get hundreds of dollars worth of SNAP benefits aka food stamps each and every month.  There’s absolutely no reason why any of those children should be undernourished/malnourished! 🤬

Just look at Shrek. That is where all the SNAP benefits end up.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Nice house and island vacation. Now, Jill and the kids will sing and beg for meals and cash at small churches all the way back to Ohio. 

If this is Jill's plan for the yearly family vacation, Rebekah and Kevin may have opened themselves up to the biggest JRod grift ever. 

Not after they find out that the pool filter is busted. Send that bill straight to Jill! That should ensure they are never invited back.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

I wonder if Nurie is freaking out over every move they make in the house. Secretly scurrying behind everyone picking up crumbs, hanging up wet clothes, wiping up scuff marks, hiding breakables, etc. If I was her, I'd be stressing out.

I also wonder what its like for her to fall back into place, having her every move directed and recorded, after having the freedom to make her own decisions and live life without a phone in her face.

And I wonder if the Keller parents aren't outwardly obnoxious, mean spirited, judgmental Fundies. Because if they're not, Nurie would certainly notice the contrast by now. Not that I think Nurie would harshly judge her mother, but she may learn Jill's Fundy ways, are not the only Fundy ways.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8

One thing that has been consistent in my area during the pandemic is seeing less kids in stores. One thing that has also been consistent during the pandemic is these Fundy families continue to drag their kids EVERYWHERE. The Rods, the Bates and the Duggars have their kids out and about without a care in the world.

On another note - Carlin Bates - I'm fairly certain I've never seen her daughter not eating. Whether its candy, chips, ice cream or a meal fit for an adult, that kid is eating. 

• Love 5

Looking at the grocery photos again, I now think there are two grocery carts of processed food. The cart with the blue handle, aka Texas Toast cart, and the cart with the orange handle, aka cream pie/leaky milk cart. No fruit, vegetables, or meat are visible in either one, but Jill is in the way, so it's hard to see everything. They've bought a lot of single-serving bottles of water and canned drinks. There's also a bottle of pink drink. Since it's not Plexus, it must be hummingbird food for David's snack. 

How many restaurant meals will Nathan pay for in addition to this shopping trip? There's no way Jill is going to sit around eating Texas Toast when someone will pay for her to eat in a restaurant. 

9 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I'm sure Rebekah's kindness hasn't stopped Jill from railing against her sinful ways to the Rodlets.

Jill is a complete hypocrite. If somebody offers her something she wants, she'll take it. Even if Jill rails against the lifestyle of the "sinners" who own the house with a pool by the ocean, the Rodlets will see Best Momma oozing envy and enjoying every minute of her time there. 

• Love 14
16 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I’ve never needed to go to the ER for food poisoning. I wonder how  much that bill was!

Jill posted this on fb. She is truly deplorable.

*Make sure to read to the end..  I thought this was SO cute below.....

"Enough debates. Just go out and get it already. It protects you, your family and everyone in the community. It's been scientifically, mathematically and statistically proven to make everyone safer. The communities that got them are overwhelmingly safer. The chances of side effects or accidents are so unbelievably small that it's completely absurd to not get one already. Quit being selfish, quit arguing online and go purchase a firearm!"

I have had a couple of bouts with food poisoning that were awful so I can see it, especially you can get dehydrated very quickly. The last time I was sick overnight, I went to the doctor that day. 

Jill is a moron. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 9

Just watched the story with 2 Rodlets in small boat and Nurthan on paddle boards. Looks like the 2 boys purposely try and make Nathan fall off and once he is off, they try and ram him so he can’t get back on. Seems like the boy Rodlets have a mean streak, I think we have seen them pushing, shoving etc. before. I don’t listen to JillR’s comments as she’s filming, it’s just torture to my ears.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4