Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

You DON’T look your Best standing on the worlds smallest dock in the middle of an algae bloom?

If Shrek stood there he would have fallen in and flailed around like a carp gasping for air. His malnourished sons probably wouldn’t be able to drag him to shore.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

If that’s Jill showing love I shudder to think what hate looks like 

taking kids hiking in flip flops or sandals how wonderful right

she is a failure as a mother 

CD6EFE27-92E2-4354-B747-69A482CF1520.jpeg

Poor little Janessa’s shoes are WAY too big for her.

6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

If that’s Jill showing love I shudder to think what hate looks like 

taking kids hiking in flip flops or sandals how wonderful right

she is a failure as a mother 

Omg, poor janessa’s humongous shoes!  Ladies’ shoes on that poor tiny girl!  How could she even walk?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Omg, poor janessa’s humongous shoes!  Ladies’ shoes on that poor tiny girl!  How could she even walk?

I mean, I do think they're children's shoes, just not toddler size... They'd probably fit one of her sisters perfectly, but I guess that would make too much sense for the Rods to figure out? Bizarre. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, awaken said:

It is ridiculous. IT is one thing for a kid to play dress up at home, another to have to wear too big shoes while out and about. She could fall and get hurt. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Frumptastic . Fundie chic 😂😂😂.

5AFB1CDE-1442-47FF-BF09-A9DC090ECC6A.jpeg

When I first read the caption on the picture, I thought it said love OF my life. I was going to say.....now she admits it. Then I realized I read it wrong.

• LOL 17
13 hours ago, awaken said:

The idea is that Jill won't have to buy her another pair of shoes for the next four years. Whether or not she can walk in them is irrelevant. 

If Jill sent her kids to school, that could be her biggest grift.  If the kids' teacher saw the way they dressed, they'd buy them clothes, shoes, etc. If that littlest girl came into my class, I'd get her shoes for sure.  How can that be comfortable?

• Love 9
On 8/3/2021 at 10:45 AM, BradandJanet said:

The idea is that Jill won't have to buy her another pair of shoes for the next four years. Whether or not she can walk in them is irrelevant. 

I think the cheap, grifty bitch saw a new pair of shoes at Goodwill and all the other girls’ feet were too big. Heaven forbid she not take something free or available.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Screenshots from video. Jill’s real neck rolls. Wonder why she is carrying Sofia. Injury or kid too weak from malnutrition to walk. 

38C5A4BE-EFF1-460B-A5EB-C43B1011AAAA.jpeg

A31365DC-3F78-4767-995D-BF2D70E8F06A.jpeg

Her shoes don't fit. 

And what the heck is that poor child wearing in the back ground? A black dress shirt under that dress? I have seen people who live in shacks in the Dominican Republic, who don't have any money, dress more coordinated. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Redo this picture into sepia tones and I'd swear this picture was my mom's gramma and siblings arriving "off the boat" at Ellis Island , circa 1890.

23 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

5AFB1CDE-1442-47FF-BF09-A9DC090ECC6A.jpeg

Great costume for a "dress for the year you were born " party. When did we last see tendrils?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Spreading COVID all through the USA. 

If they don't bring it into Arkansas, they may end up coming out with it. I'll be shocked if the whole family doesn't end up seriously ill and stuck in that bus before this trip is over. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Redo this picture into sepia tones and I'd swear this picture was my mom's gramma and siblings arriving "off the boat" at Ellis Island , circa 1890.

Great costume for a "dress for the year you were born " party. When did we last see tendrils?

I remember Juliet Mills sported tendrils when Nanny And The Professor was on TV.  Okay, I'm old!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I think it is Olivia, 4th from the left she is rarely in pics or mentioned in Jill's ramblings. Other than the obligatory all kids line up in order things. Tessie and Hannah have been shown more since the grieving and heartbreak of Nurie doing exactly what she was raised to do, marry a fundy guy. Sadie, Sofia and Janessa are in lots of pics, as are the boys and the not Nuries. but Oliva not so much.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Arkansas, huh? I wonder if Jill plans to surprise the residents at the TTH. I'm sure Meech and JB would be overjoyed to see the stink bus rolling into their driveway just in time for dinner. 

Planning a few weddings 😂😂😂🥰🥰🥰

Time to unload some starving Rod kids… 

5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I seriously died laughing picturing Gut with ears and manic pixie tumbling out in front of the Duggar compound asking for donations and a place to sleep. And wash their clothes. 

Food, laundry, showers, beds, restaurant trip, sightseeing, and shopping. Don't underestimate Jill's grift. (Think Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation, except Eddie wasn't mean like Jill is.)

• Love 10
On 8/2/2021 at 4:25 PM, Westiepeach said:

Jesus doesn’t like liars, JillyRod. Just sayin…

Oh… AND FEED AND PROPERLY CLOTHE YOUR “BLESSINGS.” FFS, unless your youngest “blessing” has Fred Flintstone feet… BUY HER THE CORRECT SIZE SHOES.

:::: whew, sorry. Just had a moment there. :::

Sofia’s shoes actually look the same size or smaller than Janessa’s.  Those children look like they’re from an overcrowded, underfunded, understaffed, state-run orphanage.  My heart breaks.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I seriously died laughing picturing Gut with ears and manic pixie tumbling out in front of the Duggar compound asking for donations and a place to sleep. And wash their clothes. 

Manic Wishes-She-Were-Pixie Nightmare Breeder4Jesus.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Screenshots from video. Jill’s real neck rolls. Wonder why she is carrying Sofia. Injury or kid too weak from malnutrition to walk. 

38C5A4BE-EFF1-460B-A5EB-C43B1011AAAA.jpeg

A31365DC-3F78-4767-995D-BF2D70E8F06A.jpeg

This looks like The Hunger Games.

• LOL 4
11 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Home school fail. Sigh. She really is illiterate.

D18CB1D1-63B5-423F-B546-3D22DD292D0F.jpeg

She loves history so much that she doesn’t know that the Presbyterian church began well before that, and Cumberland is a small offshoot.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

Nah, the Rods are likely at Big Sandy this week. They will be at David Waller's church in Ft. Worth this coming Sunday. David is speaking at Big Sandy. He could have gotten the Rods big discounts or comped them altogether. No way Jill pays full price! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Nah, the Rods are likely at Big Sandy this week. They will be at David Waller's church in Ft. Worth this coming Sunday. David is speaking at Big Sandy. He could have gotten the Rods big discounts or comped them altogether. No way Jill pays full price! 

They’re driving all the way to Texas? I wonder how much they spend in gas?

• Love 7

Oh no! They’re gonna be in DFW? I’ll make it a point to stay home. 
Actually, I don’t think I shop where she shops, so I’ll be safe. 

Edited by zenme
  • Love 7

16 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

If they don't bring it into Arkansas, they may end up coming out with it. I'll be shocked if the whole family doesn't end up seriously ill and stuck in that bus before this trip is over. 

I cannot imagine a scenario where they don't either bring it there or bring it back with them.  And since Jill doesn't believe in Covid, it makes me shudder to think how she'd nurse a posse of kids who don't feel well - I have to think she'd trot them out to sing and dance for the unvaxxed masses regardless of how they feel.

The risks they are taking are truly mind-boggling.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I cannot imagine a scenario where they don't either bring it there or bring it back with them.  And since Jill doesn't believe in Covid, it makes me shudder to think how she'd nurse a posse of kids who don't feel well - I have to think she'd trot them out to sing and dance for the unvaxxed masses regardless of how they feel.

The risks they are taking are truly mind-boggling.

Of course, Jill or Davy could be the ones ending up getting really sick. The Delta variant is supposed to be as contagious as chickenpox, so if one gets it, everyone in the bus will too, but it's hard to say how sick any one person would be. Jill and David might prop up the kids and tell them to sing (and infect new people), but they might not be able to do it themselves. 

A family of 15 landing in a rural hospital would be bad as these hospitals are having surges of new Covid patients and might not have room for 15 new cases at once. 

However, I was sure they'd get sick from swimming in that drainage ditch, but apparently they didn't. Still, a month traveling though the areas they are--I assume they will go from Texas to northern Florida via Louisiana and Mississippi--is asking for trouble. If Jill's social media go quiet, that will be a sign from the Lord Daniel, who is probably fed up with these people. 

Edited by BradandJanet
Added a state
  • Love 16