Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 4/23/2021 at 4:18 PM, LilJen said:

As expected: all the attention has been placed on the cover. Think she'll spend as much time on the inside of the book?

Good Lord, I want to call this amateur hour, but I'm afraid to insult amateurs so cruelly.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I would politely decline, but smile and tell them to have a good day, just as I do with the JW children who are forced to do this. Poor Phillip. It’s bad enough that he’s emaciated. I wonder why he had to wear the full black suit in mid-July while his brothers and father were in lightweight short sleeved shirts. 

He may’ve been preaching.

Gorgeous girl. I’m sorry she’s being taught so much crap and doesn’t have a chance at a normal life. And would likely hate all of us who don’t share her family’s beliefs. Such a shame. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

she has to be trolling us.

Jill is the Queen of "Do as I say, not as I do". Her admonitions are meant for us heathen sinners. We're the ones who need to give away our possessions because they stand in the way of us seeing the light and accepting Jesus into our lives. She doesn't have to worry about that because she is already one of the Lord's angels here on earth. Her grandfather's clock and closet full of teddy bears aren't mere possessions, they're "blessings" bestowed upon her as a reward for her faithfulness.

• Love 20
22 hours ago, floridamom said:

Tessie had great natural eyebrows with a soft arch in them. She now looks like they were 'darkened' with pencil for just a 'touch of added horror'. So sad for her.

This makes me so sad - just as it does for every Rod/Duggar daughter who gets her young teen years ripped away from her because it doesn't matter if she likes reading, or soccer, or chess, or math.  They're all just being groomed by their parents to become a bride at 19 and a mother at 20.  It's like with those side by sides of Tessie, we're witnessing a huge step in their brainwashing and I hate Jill and Michelle and all of them for making sure their daughters know that the only thing they're really good for is breeding.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9

If that’s Jill showing love I shudder to think what hate looks like 

taking kids hiking in flip flops or sandals how wonderful right

she is a failure as a mother 

CD6EFE27-92E2-4354-B747-69A482CF1520.jpeg

Edited by iwantcookies
5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Also where is HUNKY hubby at? 

If she went without him other people would assume she is a sluttish single mother.

He's probably sitting on a bench nearby eating a hot dog and drinking a coke. 

Jill sure went heavy with the filters on her denim photo. Her hair looks like it just burst into orange flames. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

He's probably sitting on a bench nearby eating a hot dog and drinking a coke. 

Jill sure went heavy with the filters on her denim photo. Her hair looks like it just burst into orange flames. 

Look at her smooth neck lol. She filtered the heck out of that picture!

• LOL 5
29 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

and why is Tessie standing on tip toe or wearing heels? I noticed hannah doing that in the last pics. she was tip toe or standing with something under her heels. the ones where there were passing invites to the old fashion tent thing

2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Why does it say TLC at the bottom of the pic?

image.thumb.png.a720cc0822f4323b0baf9960579ac371.png

It is probably a TLC-branded sticker in Instagram. Jill used a TLC-branded and wedding-themed countdown clock on the pictures she posted after they mailed the invitations to Nurie and Nathan's wedding.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
Just now, BradandJanet said:

Her neck lost an inch of rolls. She touched up her nose and her chin too. She always does that. 

Meanwhile, her kids are disheveled and raggedy.  How come the littlest girls are wearing tights and leggings and long sleeved shirts under their poorly fitted rummage sale-wear while the older girls are allowed to be barelegged and wear short sleeves?  

The photoshop job is laughably bad.  Does she really think anyone is fooled by that?

I presume the TLC sticker is there because she is undoubtedly sending them updates from the family instagram, hoping that TLC, having dumped the Duggars, are looking for another fundie family to do a show.  Jill has delusions of grandeur. Dream on, Jill.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

Meanwhile, her kids are disheveled and raggedy.  How come the littlest girls are wearing tights and leggings and long sleeved shirts under their poorly fitted rummage sale-wear while the older girls are allowed to be barelegged and wear short sleeves?  

The older ones and the younger ones really are dressed for different seasons.

The younger girls are  apt to do heathen things like run and jump that might show a bit of leg. Anyway, Jill probably likes to see them suffer in unseasonable, ill-fitting clothes to make sure the modesty lessons stick. 

As for photoshopping, I'll bet Jill shaved a few pounds off her girth too. Her vanity knows no limits. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The older ones and the younger ones really are dressed for different seasons.

The younger girls are  apt to do heathen things like run and jump that might show a bit of leg. Anyway, Jill probably likes to see them suffer in unseasonable, ill-fitting clothes to make sure the modesty lessons stick. 

As for photoshopping, I'll bet Jill shaved a few pounds off her girth too. Her vanity knows no limits. 

And there ya go…

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Those four youngest girls look like refugees.  The fifth girl from the left in all gray has toothpick legs.  The whole group looks so peculiar.  Can you imagine the looks they must get from "regular" people (heathens?) in public places like this?  I want to rescue them, but cannot afford 12 children.  And by the looks of things, neither can their parents.  😞

• Love 2

If you go to her facebook page, she has a video of them walking up some path. Check out the faces of the girls behind her when she flips the camera around. It's just a quick moment, but the girls go from straight face to fake smiles in an instant. 

I HATE that they're not dressed properly for hiking nor does it look like anyone had water. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Weird, Jill's hands and collarbone are white, and her face, neck and arms are pinkish.

Her face and neck look like they are stuck on the wrong body. 

Jill is such a pathetic loser.  Her children look like war refugees while she tries to pass as a twenty-year-old beauty queen at a country fair.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Her face and neck look like they are stuck on the wrong body. 

Jill is such a pathetic loser.  Her children look like war refugees while she tries to pass as a twenty-year-old beauty queen at a country fair.  

You DON’T look your Best standing on the worlds smallest dock in the middle of an algae bloom?

• LOL 11
  • Love 1