Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

626C7F19-6D38-43EA-B67B-BDD74B662A86.jpeg

Wonder if she will let a few of her kids sleep in the attic

Her pictures give me a headache. What the fuck are we looking at? The door? The dirt behind d the door? What Jill? Please explain. All of her pics are way too up close, and even those aren't good shots. 

And that pic of her vegetables from her garden... did they just put the damn garden/cemetery in? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

Her pictures give me a headache. What the fuck are we looking at? The door? The dirt behind d the door? What Jill? Please explain. All of her pics are way too up close, and even those aren't good shots. 

And that pic of her vegetables from her garden... did they just put the damn garden/cemetery in? 

It’s a screenshot from a video. She shows more in the video. 

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

It’s a screenshot from a video. She shows more in the video. 

Did not know that, thanks for telling me. I may have come off harsh in my comments. I'm sleep deprived and Jill just really irritates me. Lol. So I'm gonna go and chill out. Head outside and have a smoke. Do ya hear that Jill? I'm going to smoke and if I didn't have to work tonight I would have a big fat alcoholic drink to go along with that smoke! Lol. I work midnights Jill (and gasp), mainly with men! Eeks! The horror! Lol. Bahahaha 

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Did not know that, thanks for telling me. I may have come off harsh in my comments. I'm sleep deprived and Jill just really irritates me. Lol. So I'm gonna go and chill out. Head outside and have a smoke. Do ya hear that Jill? I'm going to smoke and if I didn't have to work tonight I would have a big fat alcoholic drink to go along with that smoke! Lol. I work midnights Jill (and gasp), mainly with men! Eeks! The horror! Lol. Bahahaha 

As long as you are wearing a BLOUSE and LONG skirt and your HUNKY husband allows you to work it’s okay. After all who else will fill the PANTRY and BIG belly of the HUNKY husband?! 

-Jill “the hypocrite” Rodrigues 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

Fixed for you. 

Good point, and thanks for the correction. I was thinking of the clique bitches from the animal rescue I volunteer with. They could teach Jilly R some mean-girl lessons. 🙄

• Love 4
3 hours ago, awaken said:

LOL, her eyebrows make her look like she has a terrified grimace!

Her sister-in-law Rebekah really needs to pull Nurie aside and explain how eyebrows are supposed to look. Maybe Rebekah can mention conditioner for the fried-looking hair, too. 

I feel sorry for Nurie and the other Rod kids. I don't think they ever had a chance. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Has Nurie lightened her hair? How long until she goes full blonde like bestmamaever? 

920E8D56-8619-4916-AAFF-7D54A4F47178.png

These Fundies kill me.....creepy worn-out frumpwear all the time...then pregnant and BINGO! ..out come the skin tight tops and dresses. Do they keep these in the back of the closet? And do they know there are pervy websites devoted to pregnancy fetish? Just ask Smugs.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Her sister-in-law Rebekah really needs to pull Nurie aside and explain how eyebrows are supposed to look. Maybe Rebekah can mention conditioner for the fried-looking hair, too. 

I feel sorry for Nurie and the other Rod kids. I don't think they ever had a chance. 

Even if Rebekah gave Nurie wonderful advice and Nurie was open to change, it would all be undone during one of the too frequent interactions Nurie has with BEST MOMMA.

Nurie still doesn't look as far along as she is...28 weeks? wow, she's carrying quite small I would say. I hope they child is receiving enough nutrition and that Nurie is seeing a real, qualified OBGYN and not some unqualified, glorified doula. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Nurie still doesn't look as far along as she is...28 weeks? wow, she's carrying quite small I would say. I hope they child is receiving enough nutrition and that Nurie is seeing a real, qualified OBGYN and not some unqualified, glorified doula. 

I agree.  I think she looks very small to be 7 months pregnant.  BTW, those eyebrows are just tragic.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Isn't she closer to 6 months than to 7 months along?  She may carry small like Alyssa Webster does.

Someone on a Facebook group I follow (Fundie Wonderland) mentioned that the picture looked photoshopped, and, indeed, her face does look rather distorted, and especially her neck appears to have been stretched out, because there is something looking like a misplaced collar bone way too low than it would have been. There's some speculation that Jill purposefully stretched the picture to make Nurie look slimmer. I wouldn't put it past her...

• Love 3
(edited)

The Rods are back on the road, for a month this time. Jill says it's scheduled appearances (not exactly her wording, mine is better 😷) and a "vacation." 

Didn't she say that they were going to TX to visit the Wallers at some point? I guess we'll see if they go somewhere other than FL. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Deleted extra space
  • Useful 9
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The Rods are back on the road, for a month this time. Jill says it's scheduled appearances (not exactly her wording, mine is better 😷) and a " vacation." 

Didn't she say that they were going to TX to visit the Wallers at some point? I guess we'll see if they go somewhere other than FL. 

Vacation?? from what? When do the kids do school work? Do they ever have a repeating, predictable daily schedule? Do they ever cook at home, teach the kids how to cook or bake or sew or garden or draw, paint, creative writing, computer programming, use tools, or anything? On the one hand it seems like they have nothing but time; on they other they just seem to while away the hours doing not much. 

• Love 20

Another thing about JillRod - I live in Pacific Time, so in Ohio it's 3 hours later than where I am. Several times recently I've noticed that Jill has just posted on Instagram in what would be around 2 a.m. Ohio time. I wonder if she stays up all night (perhaps when no kids are awake to bug her) and then sleeps all morning, while the older girls take care of the kids. That wouldn't work, though, when they're traveling on their stink bus. Maybe Jill and Shrek get a motel room.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, OpieTaylor said:

we've seen photos of them all on the beach in Florida.

I don't begrudge people and families taking vacations. But I'm curious what the Rods' definition of "vacation" is. 

Their lives?

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Tim is going.

He has stayed home for their extended trips. AFAIK, he still has his FT job. 

eta I tried but failed to find an old 80's song. The lyrics applicable to the Rods are 

On vacation from vacation 

On vacation from my last vacation 😁

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Not sure about the spacing. Weird.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Don’t know too many small business owners that can leave their business for a month.  They’re getting a lot in the child tax credits so they’ll live off that?

I’m sure they are expecting “love offerings” for their “scheduled meetings.” And making sure that they get plenty of free meals as well. I wonder if Tim is excited about being left alone at home.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m sure they are expecting “love offerings” for their “scheduled meetings.” And making sure that they get plenty of free meals as well. I wonder if Tim is excited about being left alone at home.

Somebody’s crotch is getting photoshopped tonight!

• LOL 16
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Vacation?? from what? When do the kids do school work? Do they ever have a repeating, predictable daily schedule? Do they ever cook at home, teach the kids how to cook or bake or sew or garden or draw, paint, creative writing, computer programming, use tools, or anything? On the one hand it seems like they have nothing but time; on they other they just seem to while away the hours doing not much. 

I'm sure they spend their time reading and memorizing the Bible and helping Daddy in the print shop.

2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The Rods are back on the road, for a month this time. Jill says it's scheduled appearances (not exactly her wording, mine is better 😷) and a " vacation." 

Jill's going to leave her new addition undecorated? Ouch. 

Jill must be hunting for potential courtships for Kaylee, Renee, and possibly Tim. The Wallers are celebrities in Jill's world, so they may have connections. If that fails, there are all those little churches along the way. 

Poor Nathan. The two clowns and their unfed children are bound to stay until Jill empties his bank account and decides it's time to move on. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Unmasked, unvaccinated and traveling around the country. Disgusting.

So they'll be traveling around almost the entire month of August, and then they'll probably will be gone most of October in Florida for Nurie's baby.  David  won't be working much at his printing press!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

So they'll be traveling around almost the entire month of August, and then they'll probably will be gone most of October in Florida for Nurie's baby.  David  won't be working much at his printing press!

I am not so sure The Hunk (aka David) spends a lot of time “working” at his printing press.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I am not so sure The Hunk (aka David) spends a lot of time “working” at his printing press.

Hey now, David is the hardest working man Jill knows! Of course, according to Tim, a Christian doesn't have to work very hard to be considered a hard worker, so I am not sure what Jill is bragging about.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

Alyssa must be reading here or other forums. She has an IG story and at the end she is cooking dinner. Rice, lots of broccoli, and meat. I was expecting her to show three little glasses of milk. BTW, do any of you cook broccoli in a frying pan? I have never seen that before. 

• LOL 6
14 minutes ago, SMama said:

Alyssa must be reading here or other forums. She has an IG story and at the end she is cooking dinner. Rice, lots of broccoli, and meat. I was expecting her to show three little glasses of milk. BTW, do any of you cook broccoli in a frying pan? I have never seen that before. 

She most definitely is. There's been lots of talk, particularly on Reddit, that her kids never eat filling, balanced meals.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

That's funny that Alyssa slacks in the kitchen and Erin doesn't. Alyssa and Michaela were the only kids that helped in the kitchen and Erin didn't know how to cook when she got married.

I guess dressing those girls, putting on make-up, taking pictures and making videos takes up too much time. 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, SMama said:

I make broccoli in the frying pan with garlic and anchovies sometimes but I don’t think Alyssa would be making it that way.  Mostly I roast broccoli in the oven, way easier.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, SMama said:

I have a one-pot sun-dried tomatoes with frozen broccoli and pasta recipe that is cooked in a skillet. But for broccoli on its own, I roast it in the oven. 

Why am I not surprised that Alyssa keeps up with her snark coverage. Hey, Alyssa, how long until you and Lurch just have to try for that son? And if you get one, a brother for him? Not like your parents, my ass. 

• Love 13
15 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

we've seen photos of them all on the beach in Florida.

I don't begrudge people and families taking vacations. But I'm curious what the Rods' definition of "vacation" is. 

Maybe they’ll only go to the godliest towns this trip, for a vacation from the terrible persecution they suffer.

13 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I'm sure she's looking forward to buying new tchotchkes and other junk to fill it up with.

Magnolia/Waco, TX?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Has she mentioned where they're going on this month-long trip?  I mean, the Bacteria Bus could pull up to any one of our hometowns!  This is serious!

Also, regarding the Amish addition to the barndo - how would that work, would Jill approach someone and ask for the addition?  Would she glom on to one family and "bump into them" all over town and whine that she doesn't have enough room for her ginormous family, hint hint?  I just can't see either Jill or David walking into an Amish-owned business and sitting down with design plans and their checkbook - I have to believe they are grifting it somehow.  Maybe that's why they took off on a month-long vacation...more time to work on their angle to get the addition for free.

• Love 6

I can't see why the Amish builders, who are not part of Jill's church or even her world and who know the value of their craft, would build a two-story addition to her house for free. Jill has nothing to barter (pots of beige slop? a comely daughter or two? a son who would love to work in the fields all day?). The building materials are expensive, and I suspect the builders intend to get paid a fair wage. If Jill and David stiff the builders, everyone knows where they live. 

If the building is going on, the men are probably glad to see Jill away for a month, so they can work in peace. 

• Love 18