Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

They had their "bath" already. ☹️ Seriously, I really hope they did. 

Since this was an impromptu thing, they didn't have extra clothes so they all went home wearing these dirty, wet outfits. The bus is going to smell for weeks. 

(edited)
15 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Did any of the Rods kids ever got swimming lessons?

This is just so dangerous and these parents are so dumb and careless.

What reputable swim teacher/facility would be willing to give lessons to a bunch of kids in floor length skirts and tights?  I know for advanced lifesaving, the swimmer has to be able to jump in the water fully clothed, remove their clothes and shoes and swim to safety; but I cannot imagine anyone agreeing to teach a bunch of small children to swim while covered head to toe in denim.

There are multiple Muslim children in swim classes at my local public pool, but, even the girls do not cover completely until they reach puberty.  And, when they do cover, they wear modest swimwear, meant to be used while swimming.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

I just saw the video. Jill was laughing and filming her daughters and Maria (a church member?) as they were moving toward that dark culvert under the road. Jill's kids emerged on the other side, but Maria didn't. Jill was still shrieking and laughing until Tim finally went in to rescue her. Jill turned off the camera. 

Imagine if someone was injured or killed as cackling Jill was encouraging and filming her to do something dangerous. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that one of the Cleghorn sons drowned?

I'll be surprised if all of the kids make it to adulthood with idiot Jill running things. 

• Love 4

Swimming in a storm culvert is the type of thing my brother and I did as a kid.   When we got home my mother would scold us, make us take showers then wash our clothes in the hottest water possible. She'd then warn us to never, ever do it again.  No way would my parents be in a storm drain or encourage it.    People do die every year from swimming in storm waters.  

Being very fair, I have to stay covered when swimming.  There are so many cute options available now.  This family is completely nuts! 

• Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I don't even know why I am ever shocked by anything Jill does, but this really rattled me. It's just so insane and dangerous. Those poor kids. 

But someone on FB told her what a good mother she is, so this won’t be the last time that those kids do this.

Edited by farmgal4
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

AFB30F20-751B-4B5A-8636-E7EA37E33691.jpeg

Jill either cannot read or comprehend the text.  She claims she earned “all that below” (again her grammar is horrendous) when the message clearly states she has 500 credits and these are options.  Also Jill, the Dyson dryer clearly states you need 600 credits and you only have 500.  
Those kids don’t stand a chance.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
16 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Jill either cannot read or comprehend the text.  She claims she earned “all that below” (again her grammar is horrendous) when the message clearly states she has 500 credits and these are options.  Also Jill, the Dyson dryer clearly states you need 600 credits and you only have 500.  
Those kids don’t stand a chance.

She can, needs and must get the selfie ring. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Are these underfed children strong enough to save themselves if they get in trouble?  Those wet clothes have a lot of weight.  Does Jill know what, exactly, is under that water?  Broken glass, maybe?  Large rocks?  That just looks so dangerous.

Just the bacteria factor would make me say aaahh NO

• Love 4

I am the furthest thing from a germaphobe, and I grew up playing in creeks, as did my kids....however, that is not clean creek water - that is disgusting.  This gave me anxiety (especially as they went though the culvert) and I want to scrub every one of them with strong antibacterial soap. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable that drive home in cold, wet, dirty clothes was. One of the NotNuries was still wearing a denim vest, Timbits had a leather belt, and one of the little girls was in tights? WTF is wrong with this woman?? 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

I wonder if it's even legal to wade in storm drains.  Maybe someone local will see and report the Rods to the authorities.

The Rods probably have an inch-thick file in Ohio already. What's one more violation? 

Just now, xwordfanatik said:

I'd also be worried about that brain-eating organism present in some lakes.  Yes, I'm a germaphobe, and that woman is not fit to parent anyone.  She is FUBAR.

No brain-eating organism would waste its time with Jill or David, but the poor kids are in danger. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

No brain-eating organism would waste its time with Jill or David, but the poor kids are in danger. 

They couldn't waste their time, I don't there are any brains in there to begin with! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

One thing I've noticed about Fundies is their "humor" always has a vicious undercurrent. They love their pranks, which I never find funny because the laughs come at the expense of an unsuspecting victim. I didn't see the clip you're referring to, but I'm not surprised Tim falls within those lines. 

Yeah not one of the Duggar wedding pranks was ever funny or clever. Mostly dumb and childish, especially when they “decorate” the bridal couple’s car.

• Love 21

I think Maria is a Dingus.

While I think playing in the muddy water is dangerous, unhygentic, and unsafe, I at least understand why she thinks it's looks fun. I could even maybe see other fundies doing it. 

Jill seems to have gotten worse lately. 

• Love 4

Oh it totally looks fun if you’re not thinking about the filthy water itself. No doubt about that, but smart? I knew JillRod was a selfish and rude Individual, but now I really question her      level of intelligence.  Talk about “dingus!” (Something about that last name “Dingus.” It always makes me think of a family of morons.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, LilJen said:

Baseball-style BLOUSE, not a shirt. It’s a BLOUSE, which is what the women wear because women are women and men are men.

And while you are being funny here, Jill would say the same thing but be 100% serious about it. 

• Love 15

Latest JillR post include Janessa sitting in what appears to be industrial type kitchen. She is holding a pack of gum and next to her is what appears to be fountain soda. Way to pump a young child up with sugar. I only briefly looked at her story - I can’t bear to listen to her voice.

12 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think Maria is a Dingus.

While I think playing in the muddy water is dangerous, unhygentic, and unsafe, I at least understand why she thinks it's looks fun. I could even maybe see other fundies doing it. 

Jill seems to have gotten worse lately. 

It “looks fun” to kids, but adults should know better.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

That’s enough veggies for 1-2 people. I guess she feeds them occasionally.

14A679C7-E3DB-4859-ADF1-805A24F1EB92.jpeg

My friend tried Dollar Tree seeds and that's what her full "bounty" looked like......same shriveled peas or beans or whatever they are.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

"Upstairs attic"?

In both of my houses I've had essentially two attics. In our current house, there's a big closet upstairs that has a door that opens to the space above the garage. Husband put some floorboards in and we use it for A LOT of storage. We also have a pull-down ladder attic that we barely use or access. We sometimes call that space over the garage the upstairs attic to distinguish it from the pull down ladder attic. 

And now I would swear attic is not a real word.

So upstairs attic did not ping as strange to me.

• Useful 4

Definition of attic

(Entry 1 of 3)

1: a low story or wall above the main order of a facade in the classical styles

2: a room behind an attic

3: a room or a space immediately below the roof of a building : GARRET

4: something resembling an attic (as in being used for storage)

I think Jill just tends to embellish - kind of like "algebra math"

• Love 7

I question the maturity of any adult woman who writes or says "yummy" when they're not speaking to a small child. I know several IRL and they all act like junior high mean girls. I call them clique bitches. Which term also fits Jill very well. 

Poor Nurie. I think her eyebrows are ruined for life. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I question the maturity of any adult woman  who writes or says "yummy" when they're not speaking to a small child. I know several IRL and they all act like junior high mean girls. I call them clique bitches. Which term also fits Jill very well. 

Poor Nurie. I think her eyebrows are ruined for life. 

Fixed for you. 

• Love 6
(edited)

For several years, I had a wonderful Russian esthetician do my eyebrows. She scolded me for putting the arch near the center and told me to leave them alone and let her do her job. The arch goes near the outside corner, not the inside. 

Nurie has it backwards. The shape gives her a perpetual look of confusion. You'd think Jill would know since she's the beauty expert. Cough, cough. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11

well Jilly probably still has that paper from graduating cosmetology class, in like 1987 or whenever, in a frame on the wall next to the salon chair/vanity set up in the print shop space.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5