Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, kstar821 said:

If I may weigh in on the preemie baby.  My sister, due to HELLP syndrome, delivered her twins at 23 weeks 4 days.  E was 10 ounces and A was 15 1/2 ounces.  E lived 5 days and died in my sister's arms.  A was transported shortly afterward and spent 9 months in the children's hospital in our area.  She went home on a trach and a ventilator and was on it until she was 3.  She's had numerous tests, surgeries, hospital stays, and setbacks along the way.

Today, she is a 9 1/2 year old getting ready to go to 3rd grade.  She is immunocompromised (we have to be SO careful during these covid times) and mildly autistic, but she is amazing.

Baby Madeline has a long road ahead of her.  I do believe in God and prayer and I pray for the best outcome for this family.

Congratulations on your niece!  She has beaten the odds.  At 23 weeks, about 20% of babies die almost immediately and another 30% will die in the weeks and months following birth, so only about 50% survive overall.  About 80% of these children will have major ongoing health problems, two thirds will have multiple problems like your niece.

Baby Madeline is almost 2 months farther along at birth than your niece and it makes a huge difference.  98% of 30 weekers survive and the majority do not have major serious health issues although they are more likely to have ongoing things like respiratory problems, cerebral palsy, learning disabilities when compared to full term babies.

• Useful 4
  • Love 14

Copied from FJ's transcript. This was the message from Jill's most recent radio show. Talk about self-righteous! (And I think she means prominent, not predominant...SOTDRT fail.)

Recently a lady at church asked me to take her to a medical procedure under anesthesia. My reaction was, “How will I find time for that?” I didn’t know her that well and she’s not one of the predominant members of our church. I told her I had a conflict. She came back with an index card with all of the possible dates. My inward reaction was, “Who do you think you are?” But I didn’t have a conflict (though it was a Wednesday, so we had church that night, which makes the day kind of busy), so I said yes.

My husband and I dropped her off at the hospital and went to do errands. [Usually you have to stay, right? I wonder if they broke the rules.] The hospital called and said she was okay and had to stay a couple of hours more. It turned out that she had gotten her COVID vaccination the day before. When they called me to pick her up, we were still at a store. I thought we had more time. When we picked her up she was out of it, and still pretty out of it when we left her at her home on her bed. The next day she didn’t answer my texts, so we went over and checked on her. We charged her phone and gave her medicine and liquids.

I learned a valuable lesson. James 2 says, “My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?”
‭‭[Jill didn’t actually say what the lesson was, but the implication is that she was judgmental of this woman in the past.] That lady is so special to me now. We give each other big hugs.

Jill got called out for her judgemental narcicisstic behavior on Facebook and is in meltdown mode. Her minions are circling the wagon to keep Jill under control. That's why the flowers From her hunk and nuries post about how great a mother she is. Next we will see more fawning posts, a date night or even a vacation away. Those poor kids are in for a bumpy ride. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

4018D4EC-CE63-4826-A963-A9195FE23B86.jpeg

This is what Jill wrote in the comments 

0A48E252-F91E-42FE-AB25-E4823D52261D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dnsj said:

Jill got called out for her judgemental narcicisstic behavior on Facebook and is in meltdown mode. Her minions are circling the wagon to keep Jill under control. That's why the flowers From her hunk and nuries post about how great a mother she is. Next we will see more fawning posts, a date night or even a vacation away. Those poor kids are in for a bumpy ride. 

Do you have a link or a screenshot???

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Dnsj said:

Jill only allows “close friends” to comment on her FB page, so whoever called her out is presumably a close friend.  For what, specifically, did she get called out?  I could go to her FB and look, but I have no doubt that she’s already deleted all negative comments.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Wow. Jill truly is a bitch.  I hate using that word but not much else fits. This woman obviously didn’t have many options if she asked Jill. The vaccine has zero to do with any of this, but you know gotta throw the inexplainable anti-vaccine stance “conservatives” have adopted in there just in case anyone is thinking it’s ok to get their 5G microchip implant. Not sure what point she’s trying to make at all. She definitely is not the hero of this story. 

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill only allows “close friends” to comment on her FB page, so whoever called her out is presumably a close friend.  For what, specifically, did she get called out?  I could go to her FB and look, but I have no doubt that she’s already deleted all negative comments.

I couldn’t find anything. She probably deleted the post.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Copied from FJ's transcript. This was the message from Jill's most recent radio show. Talk about self-righteous! (And I think she means prominent, not predominant...SOTDRT fail.)

Recently a lady at church asked me to take her to a medical procedure under anesthesia. My reaction was, “How will I find time for that?” I didn’t know her that well and she’s not one of the predominant members of our church. I told her I had a conflict. She came back with an index card with all of the possible dates. My inward reaction was, “Who do you think you are?” But I didn’t have a conflict (though it was a Wednesday, so we had church that night, which makes the day kind of busy), so I said yes.

My husband and I dropped her off at the hospital and went to do errands. [Usually you have to stay, right? I wonder if they broke the rules.] The hospital called and said she was okay and had to stay a couple of hours more. It turned out that she had gotten her COVID vaccination the day before. When they called me to pick her up, we were still at a store. I thought we had more time. When we picked her up she was out of it, and still pretty out of it when we left her at her home on her bed. The next day she didn’t answer my texts, so we went over and checked on her. We charged her phone and gave her medicine and liquids.

I learned a valuable lesson. James 2 says, “My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?”
‭‭[Jill didn’t actually say what the lesson was, but the implication is that she was judgmental of this woman in the past.] That lady is so special to me now. We give each other big hugs.

So Jill’s inward reaction was, “Who do you think you are”?  That’s ironic considering the fact that I have the exact same thought about Jill every time she judges people who she’s never even met or who has different beliefs than she does.  I’m waiting to see how long it will take before the Rod family is looking for a different church to attend.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It was on her friend's page - Abigail Miller - so Jill can't delete the comments. I don't do screen shots. Sorry. Her page is public so anyone can read the comments. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Which Abigail Miller? There would be a lot of people. 

Yeah, there are many Abigail Miller’s, so many that I can’t even narrow it down to those who live in Ohio.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What is she doing that she hasn't time for anything . Her hunk isn't working , she isn't working and everything that needs to be done around the house is done by her kids . 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, lianau said:

What is she doing that she hasn't time for anything . Her hunk isn't working , she isn't working and everything that needs to be done around the house is done by her kids . 

Jill is a legend in her own mind.  She thinks she’s too high and mighty to help a lowly nobody.

• Love 8

Anytime I've had a procedure with anesthesia, I was always asked who I had at home to look out for me.  In my case, it was a neighbor.  So Jill just dumped this woman on her bed and left, and did not call or check on her later in the evening?  She knew she was not able to care for herself.  What would have happened if Jill hadn't bothered to call in the morning? She must have lied and told the hospital that she would look out for the lady.  This is not only unkind, it is dangerous and against the rules. (and against being a good human being)

• Love 15

So Jill only would have helped a fellow church member if the lady was a "predominant" member? How haughty can she be? I thought the Duggar motto was that they helped anyone who needed it; especially anyone who attended the same church.

• Love 15

I think the poor woman having the procedure would have been better off having the church pastor announce this prior to his sermon and ask for volunteers from the congregation. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
33 minutes ago, floridamom said:

So Jill only would have helped a fellow church member if the lady was a "predominant" member?

well that is classic Jill - she would help while thinking "what can you do for me?

We have all these over 18s now without a car.........

Phillip needs a trailer to live in, in our yard.......

Got any eligible guys you can connect to Renee or Kaylee.....

Want to buy me some clothes, shoes or makeup?....

A side of beef....

etc

(edited)

For those asking about Jill getting called out on FB, here is a link to the public post. 

Beware, there are over 300 comments on that post, so you'll have to dig a bit to find Jill's stuff. She has one main comment on the thread, and then several more underneath comments by Christiana Miller (poster Abigail's daugheter) and Joel-Betsy Foster Catlin (her fake sister-in-law). 

The main point of the post is that the message of modesty culture is dangerous to girls, so Christians need to think about HOW they're teaching modesty because what they are doing now isn't working. Of course Jill thinks the poster is attacking modesty, and doubles down on her no-pants rule, only to get called out about her rudeness. She also takes a dig at Christiana for wearing a bathing suit. Also fun, Jill's old Plexus friend Irene gets some digs in about people who are so judgemental about skirts only! Haha, wonder who that comment was about. 

Edited by christine falls
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11
48 minutes ago, christine falls said:

For those asking about Jill getting called out on FB, here is a link to the public post. 

Beware, there are over 300 comments on that post, so you'll have to dig a bit to find Jill's stuff. She has one main comment on the thread, and then several more underneath comments by Christiana Miller (poster Abagail's daugheter) and Joel-Betsy Foster Catlin (her fake sister-in-law). 

The main point of the post is that the message of modesty culture is dangerous to girls, so Christian's need to think about HOW they're teaching modesty because what they are doing now isn't working. Of course Jill thinks the poster is attacking modesty, and doubles down on her no-pants rule, only to get called out about her rudeness. She also takes a dig at Christiana for wearing a bathing suit. Also fun, Jill's old Plexus friend Irene gets some digs in about people who are so judgemental about skirts only! Haha, wonder who that comment was about. 

Holy shit. Quite a conversation happening over on that page. JillR, posted very little, but posted like a self righteous asshole.

• Love 14
(edited)

The only thing that I remember from my confirmation class 35 years ago is the minister admonishing the girls in the class not to dress in clothing that was too tight or too loose, because either way we would cause the boys to lust. At 13 I knew that was fucked up and that brand of religion (conservative Lutheran) was not for me. 

Jill would have more time to help the less predominate people at her church if she would get the hell off of social media.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 19
16 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Jill would have more time to help the less predominate people at her church if she would get the hell off of social media.

Jill only likes the popular people, because she thinks she's one of them. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
19 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

So Jill’s inward reaction was, “Who do you think you are”?  That’s ironic considering the fact that I have the exact same thought about Jill every time she judges people who she’s never even met or who has different beliefs than she does.  I’m waiting to see how long it will take before the Rod family is looking for a different church to attend.

If I were a betting person, I'd say conflict with the Rods and the church is inevitable. It happened in West Virginia. In Jill's version, she and David disagreed with the church leaders about doctrine, and, of course, she and David were CORRECT, but they were being nice and the other people were being MEAN. I'm sure the problem had been brewing for a while, and it was a battle over control. Jill and David didn't get their way, so they left.

If I remember correctly, later Jill decided that she and the kids would provide music for a funeral at the church. The Rod singers were not on the program, and the family of the decreased didn't want them. They marched in, instruments in hand, but were not allowed to perform. 

Jill slipped in her telling of this recent story. If she had been on her game, she would have given a version that put her noble sacrifice to help  a church member in need at the center of the story. She accidentally let her true self slip through. If the church members don't see Jill's personality issues yet, they eventually will. 

It would be interesting if the church member who needed help decided to force Jill do something useful, and Jill couldn't get out of it. Despite the Bible verses, Jill would be fuming. Even if it didn't happen that way, Jill realizes she messed up the story and is mad at the world.

Edited by BradandJanet
grammar
  • Love 19

@BradandJanet, I agree. It reminds me of a quote - if you run into an asshole in the morning, he’s an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole. As I have stolen this from Raylan Givens on the show Justified, I doubt Jill is familiar with it, despite being example number one.

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy shit. Quite a conversation happening over on that page. JillR, posted very little, but posted like a self righteous asshole.

Down towards the end, she gets CALLED OUT!  I wanted to stand up and cheer!  (Not that it will cause her to do any introspection, but it was an excellent conversation.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

@BradandJanet, I agree. It reminds me of a quote - if you run into an asshole in the morning, he’s an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole. As I have stolen this from Raylan Givens on the show Justified, I doubt Jill is familiar with it, despite being example number one.

Raylan was a true philosopher.

I didn't know how badly I wanted an alternate universe where Raylan has an encounter with Jill until now. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, christine falls said:

Beware, there are over 300 comments on that post, so you'll have to dig a bit to find Jill's stuff. She has one main comment on the thread, and then several more underneath comments by Christiana Miller (poster Abigail's daugheter) and Joel-Betsy Foster Catlin (her fake sister-in-law). 

The main point of the post is that the message of modesty culture is dangerous to girls, so Christians need to think about HOW they're teaching modesty because what they are doing now isn't working. Of course Jill thinks the poster is attacking modesty, and doubles down on her no-pants rule, only to get called out about her rudeness. She also takes a dig at Christiana for wearing a bathing suit. Also fun, Jill's old Plexus friend Irene gets some digs in about people who are so judgemental about skirts only! Haha, wonder who that comment was about. 

Thanks!

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Hey, Jill, you stupid twunt - who are you calling “sheep?” I’m not the one who follows an imaginary shepherd.

A1723CA5-081B-4E03-BEFC-265B304BB19E.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Hey, Jill, you stupid twunt - who are you calling “sheep?” I’m not the one who follows an imaginary shepherd.

A1723CA5-081B-4E03-BEFC-265B304BB19E.jpeg

One person did comment 5 hours ago that perhaps it wasn't a good idea to call others " sheep" or "sheeple". There is a little more to the comment but I didn't want to try to go back and forth between posts to try to copy it all. It was still there when I checked a few minutes ago. I can't imagine Jill will leave it for long. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Weren’t Jill‘s daughters in a car accident? Didn’t one of the not-juries, Kaylee?, get really hurt? I mean, that car accident had 100% survival rate. So it’s totally OK that happened to her daughters and she shouldn’t have even posted it online, right?

• Love 14
(edited)
7 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Weren’t Jill‘s daughters in a car accident? Didn’t one of the not-juries, Kaylee?, get really hurt? I mean, that car accident had 100% survival rate. So it’s totally OK that happened to her daughters and she shouldn’t have even posted it online, right?

I think there is a 100% survival rate for encountering transvestites in the restrooms of IHOP also. So that should not merit any concern at all. Also encountering women who are not dressed in modest clothes has a very low mortality rate. But that doesn't stop Jill from ranting on the subject.  

Edited by Liddy52
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
14 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

The only thing that I remember from my confirmation class 35 years ago is the minister admonishing the girls in the class not to dress in clothing that was too tight or too loose, because either way we would cause the boys to lust. At 13 I knew that was fucked up and that brand of religion (conservative Lutheran) was not for me. 

My confirmation class had some activity   for which I don't remember the reason now . We were supposed to lie on paper and have somebody trace around our bodies with a pencil . We were an uneven number of kids so I ended up between my pastor's legs .  It's the one thing I remember because I was 13 or 14 and absolutely uncomfortable with it . 

• LOL 1