Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm overweight, and those posts don't bother me in the least. As others have said, his weight, in and of itself, would not be something to comment on if it were not for the fact that his bulk stands in such a massive contrast to his skeletal children. 

^^^^ This ^^^^

• Love 13
8 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

No, that's actually the next daughter-- Hannah, I think?-- who is also very pretty. Tessie used to be rather... awkward-looking (sorry!), but has really blossomed into a beautiful young lady.

Yes, Hannah was the "brown baby." Her coloring is darker than Tessie's. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm overweight, and those posts don't bother me in the least. As others have said, his weight, in and of itself, would not be something to comment on if it were not for the fact that his bulk stands in such a massive contrast to his skeletal children. 

I know I need to lose weight but what bothers me about David is reading about Tim and Phillip "fasting" for whatever reason, and being praised by Jill when they do that.  All of the kids look so skinny (not naturally thin) and unhealthy.  I was born with a heart condition and was thin when I was a kid, but I looked healthier than these kids do.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

Do we know if the Rods attended that week long Baptist retreat in Ohio? The one that brewed an outbreak of 30+ covid cases? They're estimating more but the folks who ran the retreat aren't cooperating, so contact tracing is more difficult.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Do we know if the Rods attended that week long Baptist retreat in Ohio? The one that brewed an outbreak of 30+ covid cases? They're estimating more but the folks who ran the retreat aren't cooperating, so contact tracing is more difficult.

Morons, all of them. 

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

OMG, JillR calls standing outside a clinic harassing patients, volunteering?! She really is a piece of work.

I wonder if that is one of the Christian pregnancy centers that are common in America.  The ones who lie to scared pregnant women in order for them to keep the baby and not abort.  They also pretend to care about the woman and child and provide parenting classes to help them become mothers.  In my town of 90,000, that is the only kind of pregnancy center.  If you live here and need an abortion, you have to travel almost 2 hours.  

edited to add

It is a Christian pregnancy center.  Their website is atrocious and designed to fool unsuspecting young women.  Nowhere do they state on the page they are against abortion.  

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wonder if that is one of the Christian pregnancy centers that are common in America.  The ones who lie to scared pregnant women in order for them to keep the baby and not abort.  They also pretend to care about the woman and child and provide parenting classes to help them become mothers.  In my town of 90,000, that is the only kind of pregnancy center.  If you live here and need an abortion, you have to travel almost 2 hours.  

From the one where Jill was:

”The Pregnancy Care Center does not perform or refer for abortions.”

• Useful 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

From the one where Jill was:

”The Pregnancy Care Center does not perform or refer for abortions.”

Yeah, it's one of those pseudo-medical clinics where they perform pregnancy tests and ostensibly 'counsel' young women by telling them that they are carrying a fully formed living human being with a heartbeat and giving them all sorts of info on how the fetus will suffer.  They also like to list all of the complications that could occur with abortions, emphasizing infertility and death while conveniently forgetting that infertility and death are far more likely to occur with childbirth at term and therefore shouldn't be the deciding factor.

They also emphasize that Planned Parenthood and other providers make an evil PROFIT from their work while they are non-profit.  Of course, Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization as are the churches that fund this 'pregnancy care center' but let's not let facts get in the way of scaring people into thinking that PP employees get paid per abortion performed.

Here's the website where they would've been volunteering.  Note the happy colors and the fresh faced, clean cut, wholesome young women shown to represent their clientele.  Also, note, that, although they claim to have a staff of 'medical professionals', only one member of the Team is listed as nurse manager and even she doesn't put the initials RN or LPN or CNP after her name which may mean she went to nursing school but didn't pass the boards and/or does not currently have a license.  Meanwhile, several others' qualifications list them as reps for Men of Honor, Women of Hope and Healthy Choices for Healthy Teens; none of which have a thing to do with medical care and I presume are fronts for fundy anti-abortion groups.  So, three times as many fundy anti-abortion crusaders as medical professionals (maybe)?  What kind of 'care' is handed out there?

https://pccwayneoh.org/

I don't think so, that happened near Dayton a couple hours from the Rod's barndo in Wooster.  According to the news, all of the churches involved were local to that area.  Also, Jill would only go if they got free admission, a speaking gig, a musical performance on the main stage and free supper after passing the hat for donations.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 7
  • Love 7

Jill is slacking - no souls brought to Jesus while the were god bothering at a clearly christian/liked minded place??

The video - Jill on how the coffee is SO pretty and whichever not nurie gets one tiny sip while trying to smile for mama's video.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t think Jill smells that great either. 

I think she smells like half an aerosol can of Primo, Dollar General's answer to Giorgio.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

OMG, JillR calls standing outside a clinic harassing patients, volunteering?! She really is a piece of work.

Followed up with lunch and a lovely coffee drink?  THAT'S a lovely day in her twisted mind?  "Come on, girls!  Come with Mama to yell at as many scared and unsuspecting women as we can!  Bring your scorecards - if you scream at an even dozen, I'll buy you your very own coffee!  You'll still have to share a half BLT though....Nathan isn't here, after all!"

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, drafan said:

It's actually not that bad...a lot (most of) of those country pop songs drag out the vowels.

OK, I'm shallow...."Law" and GF are absolutely adorable. Like cavity-inducingly cute.

Yes! They are cute but clearly not following any of the usual rules on touching, lol. Are they “dating” do we know? They seem to be together all the time, traveling the country. I guess G&K don’t even pretend their sons have any kind of courting rules anymore.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

frankly, i disagree with you all on the pregnancy center where jill and girls were at. i have been to such a place, trained to counsel women in that situation and would stand with the goal of saving life and avoiding abortions. good for them, even if their minds are twisted otherwise. they stood for what they believe in.  i will not snark on something i am in favor of, which would be educating women fully on their choices, teaching the reality of what an abortion is and understanding that life begins at conception. 

...steps down off her soapbox

• Love 8

I listened to the Lawson Bates song.  That's the first time I've ever heard him sing.  He does okay, but doesn't have a very strong voice.  I guess we know why he hooked up with a girl who has show business contacts.  He wants to be famous.  I wonder how he would react if he ended up in Aunt Cade's situation, sitting in the background of his famous wife. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

I think the reason that Tessie's "prettiness" is commented on is because some of us are hopeful that this will somehow lead her to a better life.  She has literally no options other than to be auctioned off to the highest bidder for marriage.  A pretty face may lead to more attractive suiters who can open the door to a better life for her.

Best Momma Evah has chosen to remove her from any educational opportunities, the ability to develop and use her brain, to excel in sports, to learn an art form, etc.  Best Momma can control all of this.  She cannot control Tessie's looks.  Well, she can try to hide them under clown make-up, but natural good looks can still shine through.  So maybe it makes me happy that Tessie can be gifted in one area that is out of Jill's control and that she can't take away from her.  

My other secret hope is that her prettiness actually makes Jill kinder to her because somehow it reflects on Jill's own perceived good looks.  The birthday outfit, cute and clean, is super odd and unexpected, you have to admit.  I understand the reality is more likely that Jill would seeth with jealousy over a daughter who is younger and more attractive than she is, but one can hope.  

On the other hand, I think Shrek's looks are mocked because overall he is a completely unsavory character.  He stuffs his face while his children are starved and he does nothing to override his abusive lunatic wife when as the "headship" it is completely within his place to do so.  If he were a lovely father with a kind personality, I don't think his looks would be mentioned.  It's the whole package.     

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Can Jeremy sing?  If they're going to coast on their looks anyway, they could form a duo.

Too bad the name "The Righteous Brothers" has already been taken.

Don’t give Jeremy any ideas😂😜😁. I bet he reads these suggestions. 

I doubt he can sing but who knows

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Can Jeremy sing?  If they're going to coast on their looks anyway, they could form a duo.

The Righteouser Brothers? Righteousest?

• LOL 17
3 hours ago, zoomama said:

frankly, i disagree with you all on the pregnancy center where jill and girls were at. i have been to such a place, trained to counsel women in that situation and would stand with the goal of saving life and avoiding abortions. good for them, even if their minds are twisted otherwise. they stood for what they believe in.  i will not snark on something i am in favor of, which would be educating women fully on their choices, teaching the reality of what an abortion is and understanding that life begins at conception. 

...steps down off her soapbox

I wonder if they also counsel women to get a COVID-19 vaccine to protect their fetus? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not saying which is right or wrong.. but people stand and harrass at Planned Parenthood too.  Jill does not know a thing

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Sounds like a genuine concern for life in the midst of a pandemic with a very contagious and dangerous variant lurking and waiting for an opportunity to spread.   Is that encouraging life, or does that only apply to pregnancy centers?

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Surprised Jill isn’t standing there with a sign saying 

I will adopt your baby! I need a new baby !

That would be enough to prompt many to run straight to an abortion clinic. I’d be afraid my child would be adopted by batshit crazy trash like her.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Alpha and Omega?

Ham and Cheese?

Dumb and Dumber?

Boyz 2 Amen?

They need to get Ben for a good trio.

The Tryhards. Queen. RealiTV. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill just announced that after "hours and hours," she's finished with her "book." No need for a publisher; HUNK is going to print it. I guess that will keep the kids busy for a week or so. 

Is that her book of advice to teens on how to be godly . . . or something like that? Now that you've mentioned it I recall she posted a real trainwreck of the cover design for a book she was writing along those lines. I can't remember if Comic Sans was involved - but IIRC it was not well done.

• LOL 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Is that her book of advice to teens on how to be godly . . . or something like that? Now that you've mentioned it I recall she posted a real trainwreck of the cover design for a book she was writing along those lines. I can't remember if Comic Sans was involved - but IIRC it was not well done.

I forget what the content is, but yeah, she posted that cover with a poorly composed picture of about 5 Not Nuries on a country road. And yes, Jilly's favorite font, Comic Sans! 😂

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
14 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

edited to add

It is a Christian pregnancy center.  Their website is atrocious and designed to fool unsuspecting young women.  Nowhere do they state on the page they are against abortion.  

That’s exactly what I assumed. “Volunteering” likely meant shouting at some frightened girl or woman while holding some horrible sign or object in their hands. I watched a documentary about one of these pregnancy care centers that did this very thing in Florida. They bought the property next to the actual women’s clinic, would trick women into thinking their building was the correct address, promise to buy them all kinds of things, then string the women along for weeks until they were no longer able to have an abortion. The “volunteers” were very similar to Jill. Deranged and unemployed with nothing better to do during a weekday than to harass people. 12th & Delaware is the name of the doc if anyone is interested. It’s from the same filmmakers who produced “Jesus Camp.” 

• Useful 6
On 7/14/2021 at 6:38 AM, GeeGolly said:

Morons, all of them. 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I believe I posted these previously:

E1E935B9-1D17-4C6F-8EF2-E40EAC3D4EE2.jpeg

74AE731A-F7F3-47A9-826F-0A0340E1177E.jpeg

More like a road to starvation. 😔

• Love 6

They look like teenage girls, in a suicide pact, looking to get run over. Like, this is a real book? 

Stick to writing romance novels, Jill. Or wait, don’t even do that ...

• LOL 8
  • Love 12