Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

.  But, hey, at least her kids will feel full for a day even if they are still malnourished.

They will LOOK better too..for about a day or so. All that sodium will bloat them and fill them out.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Oh my stars! I knew JillR had encountered a transgender person in the restroom but I had not actually read her full description. She is a true wacko. I’m sure she exaggerated quite a bit, but why did she feel endangered? Sounds like the person was merely applying makeup, not threatening or even paying attention to JillR. I especially like how everyone was so sympathetic to her and her beliefs, but still didn’t do anything. I would guess the manager and police just wanted to get rid of her.

I wouldn’t have been sympathetic . She doesn’t deserve it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

So this transgender person didn't look at her or talk to her or threaten her in any way, but she was hysterical and shaking. I hope she never has to live in the real world. I was at a beach in Cannes, France, where the bathroom stalls had no doors and you had to "do your business" while people walked by to the other stalls. And I survived, although I did have a little performance anxiety of trying to pee while people were walkin' on by. 

That's the problem with these people, when they isolate themselves so much that they can't handle anything at all. Her whole story basically proves the point that transgender people are no threat at all in the bathroom. 

Meanwhile she is screeching about “freedom.” 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
On 7/10/2021 at 6:21 PM, BradandJanet said:

Tessie is beautiful. As Tessie gets older and more beautiful and Jill just gets OLDER, there will be problems.  

20 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

In 3 years or less, Tessie will be unrecognizable. 😞

Tessie has model-like bone structure and a beautiful smile.  I hate to ponder if Jill looks at Tessie and sees competition or leverage....would she want to keep her forever on the homestead, like Jana, because she's so beautiful?  Or would she want to use her to hook a really good teevee Fundie (because let's face it, getting Nurie into the Duggar universe didn't work out so well).  We know Jill doesn't see Tessie as an individual with her own hopes and dreams or anything like that.

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

New video up. Starving waifs are at a park eating ice cream. It’s for the haters as proof they do feed the kids (occasionally)

Holy filters, Batman!  Turn the damn filter off, Jill!  Sadie is wearing an Amish dress, and Jill embarrassed her to death by making fun of the static in her hair.  It was more than evident that Sadie was embarrassed, but that didn’t stop Best Mama.  IMO, all of those children are embarrassed when Jill sticks the phone in their face, but BestMamaEver doesn’t care.  I don’t understand why Jill thinks that arm wrestling, going down a slide and every other mundane thing she posts would be of interest to anyone.  I truly think that Jill is delusional enough to believe that she and her family are fundie famous.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

She looks lovely!  I wonder if that outfit is brand new or secondhand/consignment store?

Not in my opinion.

No, it’s not great all, but damn if I don’t crave their steak gorgonzola. Ok. Now I know what I want for lunch tomorrow!

All that said, I can totally see Jill thinking it’s swanky.

Edited by zenme
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I hope Tessie asks Jill to take her to a department store, like the Clinique counter, where they will show her how to apply tasteful makeup in an age appropriate way. I can always dream...

Why would she do that? Mama Jill knows best! Just look at how tasteful her make up is! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I doubt Jill ever gets one ounce of content from any sermon she listens to because she's so busy taking pictures and videos of Hunk, or whichever kid is "preaching" or "singing," or panning slowly across the congregation while they avert their eyes and hope the crazy lady will eventually put down her phone.

• LOL 7
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, zenme said:

Haha! Hey let’s make a pact, everybody. If we ever see Jill in a public bathroom, run out screaming to the manager and complain about a transgendered person in the bathroom! Turn the tables on her and see how she likes it.

That won't work.  Jill thrives on being persecuted.  It's what she wants.  Jill purposefully flaunts the rules of any establishment and also the law because she wants someone to say something.  Then she can spin it into her and her family are being persecuted for their "Christian" beliefs.  The best course of action for Jill is to not give her oxygen.  Ignore her.

Also, trans people have enough on their plate.  Don't add to it with fake claims.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That won't work.  Jill thrives on being persecuted.  It's what she wants.  Jill purposefully flaunts the rules of any establishment and also the law because she wants someone to say something.  Then she can spin it into her and her family are being persecuted for their "Christian" beliefs.  The best course of action for Jill is to not give her oxygen.  Ignore her.

Also, trans people have enough on their plate.  Don't add to it with fake claims.

It was a joke. 

• Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

2B9109BD-B0CD-4416-B0E6-AA9169051B0F.jpeg

Hunky? I think she left off the C. 

Sure Jill, he is all yours, we do not want him. FFS, on what planet is he a hunk that all these women are chasing after him? Is Jill blind? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 19
12 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Sure Jill, he is all yours, we do not want him. FFS, on what planet is he a hunk that all these women are chasing after him? Is Jill blind? 

Handwriting is mine. I added to the picture description.

• LOL 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Handwriting is mine. I added to the picture description.

Okay! Though with Jill, nothing would surprise me. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/12/2021 at 2:36 PM, laurakaye said:

Tessie has model-like bone structure and a beautiful smile.  I hate to ponder if Jill looks at Tessie and sees competition or leverage....would she want to keep her forever on the homestead, like Jana, because she's so beautiful?  Or would she want to use her to hook a really good teevee Fundie (because let's face it, getting Nurie into the Duggar universe didn't work out so well).  We know Jill doesn't see Tessie as an individual with her own hopes and dreams or anything like that.

Isn't Tessie Jill's 'brown baby'?  I seem to recall her describing her kids and saying that the first batch all resembled her, light skin and hair (she said it, not me).  So, she prayed and prayed to Jesus to give her a brown baby that resembled David.  And, voila!  Tessie!  She might have used some other terminology, but she was referring to skin tone, etc. and it was kind of awful, but typical Jill.

Anyway, even though she repeatedly refers to David as handsome and hunky; there is no way that Jill doesn't feel that she herself is the epitome of feminine beauty and desirability.  So, if she sees Tessie as a female David, she probably doesn't think her looks can compete with the kids who she feels look more like her.

As for Tessie, she's a pretty little girl and its nice that she got an age appropriate outfit for her birthday rather than a hand-me-down polyester mother of the bride ensemble or something 4 sizes too large with a stained and ill fitting T shirt under it.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 14
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Isn't Tessie Jill's 'brown baby'?  I seem to recall her describing her kids and saying that the first batch all resembled her, light skin and hair (she said it, not me).  So, she prayed and prayed to Jesus to give her a brown baby that resembled David.  And, voila!  Tessie!  She might have used some other terminology, but she was referring to skin tone, etc. and it was kind of awful, but typical Jill.

Anyway, even though she repeatedly refers to David as handsome and hunky; there is no way that Jill doesn't feel that she herself is the epitome of feminine beauty and desirability.  So, if she sees Tessie as a female David, she probably doesn't think her looks can compete with the kids who she feels look more like her.

No, that's actually the next daughter-- Hannah, I think?-- who is also very pretty. Tessie used to be rather... awkward-looking (sorry!), but has really blossomed into a beautiful young lady.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Voila !

C35C54B7-E668-4278-BA7F-B6E6FE42689C.jpeg

• LOL 9
6 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

No, that's actually the next daughter-- Hannah, I think?-- who is also very pretty. Tessie used to be rather... homely (sorry!), but has really blossomed into a beautiful young lady, so maybe there is hope for some of the other unfortunate-looking little Rods.

All babies are homely at one point or another. 6 month old potato shaped me will agree! I think the remaining Rodlettes have some hope for being genuinely good looking folks. God willing.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

I doubt anybody here would think it tolerable to make fun of an overweight woman. So why is it acceptable to mock the obviously overweight David Rodrigues? 

There is a lot of commentary in general on appearance. And that goes both ways. Is it so important that a child (or adult) be “pretty?” 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I doubt anybody here would think it tolerable to make fun of an overweight woman. So why is it acceptable to mock the obviously overweight David Rodrigues? 

6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

There is a lot of commentary in general on appearance. And that goes both ways. Is it so important that a child (or adult) be “pretty?” 

I hear ya. It is a snark board so I just scroll on by, but I also wonder how any posters who are overweight must feel when they read these posts.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Because he chooses to stuff himself while his kids are under weight and malnourished. Jill makes fun of overweight women with blue hair and are sluttish ( her words)

I have friends who are overweight or spouses are and might not be hunky, but they are good people and that goodness shines through so I don't see them that way. I'm not bone skinny, neither is my spouse. 

I am not someone who mocks overweight people. I was nearly 200 lbs at one time and I was mocked. It isn't nice at all. This guy is a grifter, his children look skeletal and almost always look so forlorn, he has horrible views on things.... He thinks his own mother is going to hell. Look at Jeremy V., technically, he is a nice looking guy in pretty good shape, but that awful inside colors his outside and makes him ugly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Is it so important that a child (or adult) be “pretty?” 

No. Sorry if my Tessie post crossed the line.

My wish for all the Rod children is that they get proper food and an escape from the cult/ their terrible parents. Whether they grow up to be better looking doesn't matter, but less emaciated and haunted-looking would be nice.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 23
14 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

No. Sorry if my Tessie post crossed the line.

My wish for all the Rod children is that they get proper food and an escape from the cult/ their terrible parents. Whether they grow up to be better looking doesn't matter, but less emaciated and haunted-looking would be nice.

Thank you. I agree!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Because he clearly gets fed while his offspring look like extras in Les Mis. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill and David are about to get $250-300 a month for their minor kids. Bet each kid will get an extra ramen noodle cup as a treat. 

Wow, you're optimistic. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Temperance said:

This is actually a nice photo of David, hateful beliefs aside.

That's because he's not sitting placidly, vacantly staring slack-jawed at the camera with his ears sticking out.  Or he's not standing off to the side looking bored while he watches others work or play.  Or he's not looking up from a full plate of food while everyone else has either no food or very little.

Instead, his bulk and most of his ill-fitting suit is hidden behind the podium.  He's standing with an arm raised, more of an action shot.  His eyes are focused on something other than Jill or a plate of food, he looks awake and engaged with the audience.  His mouth isn't hanging open, it's partially closed as if he's forming words.  He's viewed from the side so his ears aren't prominently sticking out.  

Nothing wrong with that picture at all, until you hear what he's saying.  Then you're likely to feel a whole slew of negative emotions.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Because he clearly gets fed while his offspring look like extras in Les Mis. 

And for people who Bible beat you to death, they sure do overlook greed and sloth. But for me, if Jill calls people fat they are fair game. 

• Love 8

The taller the podium, the nicer the photo. It hides a multitude of sins. 

However, is it usual to have a big bunch of fake flowers wrapped around the microphone, competing with the speaker's face for attention? I'm short. I'd look like a talking bouquet. 

• LOL 12
27 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The taller the podium, the nicer the photo. It hides a multitude of sins. 

However, is it usual to have a big bunch of fake flowers wrapped around the microphone, competing with the speaker's face for attention? I'm short. I'd look like a talking bouquet. 

I think those flowers are hanging with a piece of wood on the wall.  David seems to have a microphone clipped to his tie.  I'm pretty sure the fake flowers were part of Jill's 'design' for the church that we saw a couple months back.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I think those flowers are hanging with a piece of wood on the wall.  David seems to have a microphone clipped to his tie.  I'm pretty sure the fake flowers were part of Jill's 'design' for the church that we saw a couple months back.

Yes, they are either on the wall, or on a table behind him. Here’s a different screenshot  from the video :

6117EFAB-65D9-4FEB-A12C-29587CB62EA4.jpeg

• Useful 2