Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

According to Jill’s narrative, the pictures were of Nuri’s pregnant belly. So, it didn’t matter what they were doing.

Yeah guess Belly is more important than the daughter that is growing the fetus. 🙄🙄🙄

5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

And maybe the new baby (and the ones that follow) will keep her busy. 

Doubtful.  Either Jill and crew will move in with them, or she'll insist they move near her because we all know she'll have to be near the baby at all times!

• Love 5

JillyRod will insist on taking the baby out with her just so she can post about all the people who assume she’s the mom and who fall over in a dead faint when she tells them shes the Grandma. 🙄

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

JillyRod will insist on taking the baby out with her just so she can post about all the people who assume she’s the mom and who fall over in a dead faint when she tells them shes the Grandma. 🙄

Or she skips all that and pretends it's hers. Nurie who? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Carlin is modeling a maternity dress for Bates Sisters Boutique. Right now Alyssa had a baby in February, Josie and Whitney just had babies, and Tori is due any minute. Carlin is not known to be pregnant, so maybe she's wearing a pillow?

Here's the link to the outfit. It may be just her modeling the dress, but why not get Josie or Whitney to do it? 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Carlin is modeling a maternity dress for Bates Sisters Boutique. Right now Alyssa had a baby in February, Josie and Whitney just had babies, and Tori is due any minute. Carlin is not known to be pregnant, so maybe she's wearing a pillow?

Here's the link to the outfit. It may be just her modeling the dress, but why not get Josie or Whitney to do it? 

It says in the link she’s wearing a fake bump. Although I find it hard to believe that between all of the Bateseseses, sisters in laws, friends, and acquaintances, they don’t have anyone the correct amount of pregnant needed.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From a “day out with some of my girlies” post:

56446C45-A2EA-4952-AA56-8FC838E59516.jpeg

What the hell is that poor child wearing? It looks like a women's tunic! And where are her shoes? God, what a bedraggled looking bunch. 

• Love 7
(edited)
37 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

She is holding her sandals..which look to be to big for her.

And she probably took them off to avoid tripping in them.  Or, they hurt her feet.  Or both.  For goodness' sakes, go to the Dollar Store and buy the young kids some flip flops that fit, Jill!

I would love to take the youngest 3 or 4 kids to a regular shoe store, get them properly fitted for shoes that they get to choose and let them enjoy them.  Remember when you were a kid and your mom took you at the end of the summer to get a new pair of school shoes?  How much fun it was to choose a pair and have the salesperson check the size and walk around the store admiring them in the mirror?  Those poor kids, deprived of even the simplest pleasures.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

She certainly looks pregnant to me, unless that’s an old picture.

20 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I would love to take the youngest 3 or 4 kids to a regular shoe store, get them properly fitted for shoes that they get to choose and let them enjoy them. 

Several weeks ago one of their "sweet friends" did take the girls to buy shoes.  I wonder what happened to them?  They were probably exchanged to get the "best mama ever" a few extra pairs for herself. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From a “day out with some of my girlies” post:

56446C45-A2EA-4952-AA56-8FC838E59516.jpeg

I know that I’ve mentioned this before, but I seriously think that Sadie has no permanent front teeth.  She’s been without her 2 front teeth for several months!  And she’s carrying around her shoes in most, if not all, of those pictures.  Who wants to bet that her shoes don’t fit her either?!  And that huge 1960’s bun sitting on top of her head!  I just can’t, y’all.  I just can’t… 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

You really think that she will tell the truth about she's the grandmother?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

I know that I’ve mentioned this before, but I seriously think that Sadie has no permanent front teeth.  She’s been without her 2 front teeth for several months!  And she’s carrying around her shoes in most, if not all, of those pictures.  Who wants to bet that her shoes don’t fit her either?!  And that huge 1960’s bun sitting on top of her head!  I just can’t, y’all.  I just can’t… 🤦🏼‍♀️

sadie was wearing the sandals in one pic and her toes seemed to be off the end of them. how horribly uncomfortable that would be especially with the strap between her toes

• Love 1
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Or she skips all that and pretends it's hers. Nurie who? 

“Why don’t you and Nathan go back to Florida and leave the baby here with me! After all, you don’t know anything about babies and I’m an expert. I’ll send it back to you when I get tired of showing it off...I mean when you’ve had a good long rest!”

• Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Interesting, but my son lost his front teeth a while ago. First ones down grew almost instantly. But the upper one is so slow. It is growing, we can see the tooth, but for weeks, maybe even a month or two, I forgot, he looks like there is nothing here

So maybe that's going on with Sadie

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Are there not nice dresses for children out there? 

sure there are, but Jilly won't pay for those. everything the girls wear screams "last day of estate sale "

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Nurie looks like she's about to throw her back out with the arching.  We get it. You're knocked up.

I thought the same thing. Ouch!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Why this particular five girls? Were the other three deemed not worthy of “fun” with Best Mama Ever? Ugh, everything JillR does is all about her. I’m sure the younger ones are left to dress themselves whilst JillR is slathering makeup on and styling her hairs.

• Love 1

Jill likes doing things with the older girlies because she thinks she is one of them, they are best friends, etc. Tessie was elevated to fill Nurie's place and it must be Sadie's special week so she got to go along.

• Love 4
(edited)

Tori had baby Charlotte this morning. Apparently, the cord was wrapped around her neck, so things got hairy.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/bringing-up-bates-tori-bobby-smith-welcome-their-3rd-child/

Edit: Charlotte was born yesterday according to Tori's IG. The article has been edited (it originally said "this morning.")

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQjeFECrgLP/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

No K name? Like Karlatta or Karla or Kylie 

Those would go better with Kade and Kolter (Kolter? What kind of name is that?). Maybe they just really liked the name Charlotte but couldn’t bring themselves to write “Kharlotte.”

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Those would go better with Kade and Kolter (Kolter? What kind of name is that?). Maybe they just really liked the name Charlotte but couldn’t bring themselves to write “Kharlotte.”

Kharlotte =car lot ? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Tori had baby Charlotte this morning. Apparently, the cord was wrapped around her neck, so things got hairy.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/bringing-up-bates-tori-bobby-smith-welcome-their-3rd-child/

Edit: Charlotte was born yesterday according to Tori's IG. The article has been edited (it originally said "this morning.")

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQjeFECrgLP/?utm_medium=copy_link

Take note, Jessa. Hospital births can save babies’ lives. 
My youngest is Charlotte, so I’m partial to the name. 😀

• Love 9

Jill kept telling Nurie clutch the belly. The other girls had to touch it too. Jill is seriously off the normal scale. Plus when she got to her daughter’s they all started breathlessly giggling and smiling. Creepy!

541BDAF1-DF90-4C71-B51A-14B9D3CB2066.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Jill should corner gut with ears daily and make him pose clutching his gut… he is fatter than his pregnant daughter. 

That would be hilarious!

GWE can be a model for SEVERELY HUNKIEST husband monthly magazine 

E898BE83-67FC-4398-89B7-40C33B94A407.jpeg

• LOL 7
(edited)

How long until Tori and Randy Travis are pregnant again? I say eight months. 

Interesting that she appears to have on professionally done makeup for a post-birth photo. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Interesting that she appears to have on professionally done makeup for a post-birth photo. 

Exactly.  hair and makeup done perfectly, of course.  All for US Magazine.  🙄

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The Bates girls are known to give birth in full makeup. So did Joy Duggar Forsyth with Evy.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill should corner gut with ears daily and make him pose clutching his gut… he is fatter than his pregnant daughter. 

That would be hilarious!

GWE can be a model for SEVERELY HUNKIEST husband monthly magazine 

E898BE83-67FC-4398-89B7-40C33B94A407.jpeg

Sign me up for a subscription to SHHM Magazine!!!!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Why this particular five girls? Were the other three deemed not worthy of “fun” with Best Mama Ever? Ugh, everything JillR does is all about her. I’m sure the younger ones are left to dress themselves whilst JillR is slathering makeup on and styling her hairs.

They are at a restaurant. We know BEST MOMMA does not sponsor restaurant trips for her children. While they're frolicking around taking pictures, Nathan is paying the bill. Maybe he's trying to parcel out his money carefully to make sure he and Nurie have enough left to get home.

• Love 2

Cannot believe Jill posts video evidence that they drive their kids around without ensuring every one of them is using a seat belt! Ohio law mandates seat belts or car seats for everyone under 16….but apparently they are above the law.  

8C34B73D-1A16-490C-9902-C305784C11FE.jpeg

• Love 1