Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Aren't all of their outfits awful? I don't actually pay attention to their clothes because they have been uniformly hideous but I'll have to start.

Oh they are all awful, but Nuri’s is even worse than usual. That weird long cardigan vest, and the god-awful pattern on that dress are even more terrible than usual.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From the videos it looks like it was at best, just family. 

Screenshots:

E00E660E-F619-4A10-84CD-1FB9E82E9645.jpeg

This profile pic of Nathan looks a lot like Pastor Steve Anderson. I had to do a double take! 

12 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Oh they are all awful, but Nuri’s is even worse than usual. That weird long cardigan vest, and the god-awful pattern on that dress are even more terrible than usual.

I think if she would have ditched the silly cardigan vest, it *may* have been acceptable, no?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Imagine a baby shower held for a pregnant woman AND her baby. 

I believe Jill had one just asking for things for herself so she had to clarify on Nurie’s invitations that gifts should also be brought for the baby.

Nurie’s dress was probably chosen because it’s mostly blue, but she could’ve left off the sweater vest. Despite the outfit I think she looks beautiful and very happy.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Imagine a baby shower held for a pregnant woman AND her baby. 

Well, it could've said a pregnant woman AND her mother.  We all know that is what Jill was thinking.  I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't make up a baby registry of things SHE wants for the baby and not just a Pack'nPlay for visits.  I'm sure Grandma needs gift cards for a new outfit for the christening, plane tickets for all those visits down to Florida to take pictures of the baby, and, after all the excitement, she will surely need a spa day.  A 'Let's Pamper Grandma' shower has got to bein the offing.  The new sheets and comforter she got for her bed when pregnant with Janessa are already several years old.  She cannot be made to suffer with dated bedding.

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It was announced as October 12th, from my recollection.

So, it's only 4 months until her due date.  Still a little early for a shower, IMO.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

If it was just (Rod) family, there wouldn't be that many gifts... Just a few grungy hand-me-downs from Janessa.

I thought it was part of the wall, too, at first, but looking more closely I think it's actually a sign that was folded up (and the folds make it look like bricks). In the picture with Nurie, you can kind of see a wrinkle, and there's also a distinct line/ difference in color between the It's a Boy/ elephant part, and the flowers above (although some of the flowers extend into the "sign"... maybe the church hosts a lot of showers and changes out the folded-up sign accordingly? Because you know that if it was up to Jill there definitely wouldn't be that level of coordination...)

You're right, I looked at it closer and it does seem to be a poster that was originally folded to be 8x11" to fit in an envelope, I guess.  I did an image search and there are lots of them available.  I should've known it wasn't Jill's handiwork; way too tasteful for her.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

So, it's only 4 months until her due date.  Still a little early for a shower, IMO.

Maybe they won't be making another trip back between now and when the baby arrives?  

Any Dingis (sp?) family spotted at the shower?  Haven't seen them in any Rod post lately.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Maybe they won't be making another trip back between now and when the baby arrives?  

Any Dingis (sp?) family spotted at the shower?  Haven't seen them in any Rod post lately.  

In the Instagram video, I see a few non-family - several women who I figure are church members. And I’m pretty sure the Dingus woman is there

Edited by OpieTaylor
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From the videos it looks like it was at best, just family. 

Screenshots:

E00E660E-F619-4A10-84CD-1FB9E82E9645.jpeg

C6FB83E5-BDBA-4905-A365-FA3E1511F657.jpeg

Wow, even sitting down, you can barely see her belly at all! I look more pregnant than she does and I've just been eating my feelings during a pandemic.

I'm not saying you have be crowning to have a shower, but it does feel odd to have a baby shower when it's hard to tell which one is the honoree.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

This profile pic of Nathan looks a lot like Pastor Steve Anderson. I had to do a double take! 

My first thought was that Nathan has quite the beak. Second thought was that his beard can't hide how homely he is. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like there is a little shade thrown Jana’s way in here? 

Wait WHAT? Jana's "assertiveness"? Laura's "meekness"? Who wrote this insanity? This is basically a slap upside the head wrapped around a birthday wish. The Duggars are trash.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
26 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

If so, that will be the longest break between visits since Nurie got married a year ago.  I don't have exact numbers, but I don't think they've been apart longer than 2 months over that time.  Remember, JRod, Shrek and the kids have neither jobs nor school schedules to keep them home.  And Nathan and Nurie live in a trailer on his parents property and he runs his own lawncare business.  

None of these people have anything preventing them from traveling back and forth between Ohio and Florida on the regular.

2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's a fan site, not Duggar Family Official.

Then, how the heck do these people even know that Jana is assertive and Laura is meek?  Sounds like delusional thinking.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Wow, even sitting down, you can barely see her belly at all! I look more pregnant than she does and I've just been eating my feelings during a pandemic.

I'm not saying you have be crowning to have a shower, but it does feel odd to have a baby shower when it's hard to tell which one is the honoree.

My daughter is due Nov. 6, is also very slim, and looks at least twice as far along as Nurie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Sounds like delusional thinking

Well that applies to the Duggars and the nuts who maintain the fan site I guess. I guess some people have too much time on their hands.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

The pattern on the dress is disturbing. I see a cross in an oval and below a demonic pink frog peering over a pink and blue wall. There's a black demon with a tail behind the frog. This is on the LulaRoe level of strange. 

Now that I see the image, I can't unsee it. 

Even if it's from the $3.00 bin at the thrift shop, Nurie should have looked at this dress before she put it on. Maybe Jill bought it for her because there was something about that dress that just called out to Jill. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I will never understand why they preach modesty but wear the tightest clothes ever when they’re pregnant.  It boggles the mind.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
42 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Because, just as Michelle Duggar thinks feet aren't sexy, these folks feel that their pregnant bodies could not possibly be arousing to anyone.  It is also vital to have the bump on full display so that everyone knows that the godly wifey is performing her sacred duties.

Interestingly, I've been reading a book on how people misinterpret the Bible by looking at it via today's standards rather than focusing on the actual lives that people led back when the books were written.  There is a chapter where women are told to dress modestly.  But, remember, back 2000 years ago, there were no skintight clothes, every woman, even the ladies of the night, wore loose fitting robes that covered them from neck to ankles and usually with a veil, to boot.  Religious beliefs weren't a major factor, that is how they all dressed.  No reason for St. Paul to be preaching about the styles, there was only one style for everyone..

Therefore, when people reading the Bible today claim that they are modest because of how much of their bodies their clothing covers, they are missing the point. Saint Paul tells women to dress modestly and then goes on to say that they should not flaunt their wealth by wearing lots of jewelry or fancy hairdos or expensive clothing. Instead, they should take their time and money and do good works. The entire passage is about not being ostentatious and not bragging about how much stuff they have.  Jill has obviously got it backwards because she is all about using her hair, clothing, jewelry and makeup to show off.

I don’t think Paul would approve of social media at all.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I will never understand why they preach modesty but wear the tightest clothes ever when they’re pregnant.  It boggles the mind.

I have an alternative theory. They actually wear the same clothes between pregnancy and non-pregnancy, but they look tighter while pregnant. No need to shell out extra bucks for maternity wear. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I see where Jill got her nose and chin.

How did she get Shrek to smile? He looks uncomfortable. 

IMO Jill doesn’t look a thing like her mother.  She’s her dad made over.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Maybe Nurie and Nathan are having the baby shower now because their not coming back until the babies born? Can I hope? 

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A8482F1F-DAA6-4748-9CCD-63DCBF7BCB49.jpeg

If Jills Dad wasn’t in the picture I’d assume she was calling Shrek Daddy 🤮

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

She got the circles under her eyes from Daddy Noyes, too. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Probably the same way I used to get my dog to "pose" for pictures: dangle a hamburger just outside the frame and say "STAY...... STAY.....STAY.....[snap pic].... ok, go!"

• LOL 21
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

By promising to not have sexy times for a week. I bet Jill is trying to get pregnant and will not leave David alone. Or she offered a few cakes ! 

David must be tired of being on camera 24/7. I bet Jill takes pics of him while he snores.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

If Jills Dad wasn’t in the picture I’d assume she was calling Shrek Daddy 🤮

YESSS!! That’s exactly what I was coming to say! I read it as “he’s the father of *our* kids, but he’s *MY* Daddy! (Wink wink!)” 

I don’t care about someone calling their partner/husband/whatever “Daddy”… it’s just like really? These two? 🤮

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I wanted to say it was a reach around but decided to be a nicer Heathen. 😆

As to paraphrase Gunny Hartman in Full Metal Jacket, would she have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around? 

I'm going to go banish myself now. 

• LOL 8
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

As to paraphrase Gunny Hartman in Full Metal Jacket, would she have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around? 

I'm going to go banish myself now. 

As long as we don't get David or any other fundie reenacting the "this is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun" scene. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
Just now, Heathen said:

As long as we don't get David or any other fundie reenacting the "this is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun" scene. 

🤮

Too bad R Lee Ermey is dead. I would pay good money to watch these idiots meet Gunny Hartman. LOL 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Her hand down his pants?

Sorry for the visual.  🤮

Their leaked sex tape would be interesting to see 🤣🤣🤣. You know Jill never lets go of her phone. It’s probably under her pillow !

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Their leaked sex tape would be interesting to see 🤣🤣🤣. You know Jill never lets go of her phone. It’s probably under her pillow !

There's no emoji strong enough to handle this. There should be one that basically depicts the echo of a horrified shriek as the person emitting it runs for the hills.

• LOL 18
On 6/20/2021 at 12:57 PM, MargeGunderson said:

I can’t get over the SEVERELY UGLY outfit that Nuri is wearing. What IS that?

It's so bad that no one has even mentioned the bridal bouquet pinned onto her left shoulder.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Interestingly, I've been reading a book on how people misinterpret the Bible by looking at it via today's standards rather than focusing on the actual lives that people led back when the books were written.  There is a chapter where women are told to dress modestly.  But, remember, back 2000 years ago, there were no skintight clothes, every woman, even the ladies of the night, wore loose fitting robes that covered them from neck to ankles and usually with a veil, to boot.  Religious beliefs weren't a major factor, that is how they all dressed.  No reason for St. Paul to be preaching about the styles, there was only one style for everyone..

This is interesting; can I ask what book?

• Love 2