Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I see that they say

Josie’s blood and Hazel’s were fighting against each other.

That could be connected with Rh factor. 

for reasons unknown and possibly as a result of our previous miscarriage - if she was Rh - and the baby she lost was Rh+, there could be some blood mixing. I had the same situation and because I didn't get the shot after the miscarriage, I got one during pregnancy so Rh incompatibility wouldn't be a problem

edit - yes, the comments also say coombs syndrome. That could slow down the baby train, right?

Yes, women getting abortions also need those shots.

5 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Filming her own husband filming people walking into a restaurant really is too funny. I guess he was filming for their YouTube channel, but how momentous of an occasion is it to go to dinner with your family? It’s not like they hadn’t seen Alyssa since the Pandemic started. We’ve all seen pictures and videos of many visits and family parties all along.

I would be REALLY pissed if some idiotic strangers included me in their filming at a restaurant. It shouldn’t be accepted as OK.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

I've never heard of the Cleghorn family before. Who are they? 

The Cleghorns are a family in Tennessee with a lot of kids. Nurie was in the wedding party of one of the daughters. I think they are part of the group of churches that invite the Rods to visit and sing periodically. They took the family out to eat when the Rods were on their way home from their two-month visit to Nurthan's. I don't know if any of them are in the running as matches for the older Rod kids, but there's been speculation. Of course, they may since have gone the way of the Dinguii. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 1

My guess is that the Dinguii failed to donate, er, gladly give another half cow for the Rods, er, David. Maybe the Rods sniffed around the Cleghorns to see if there were any takers for the Not-Nurie’s. And there was no interest. So we are all sad that the 19 year old died (but he accepted the RIGHT Jesus so all is well because apparently he will be going to heaven) but not sad enough to actually DONATE to his Go Fund Me account. Just to clarify… JillRod RECEIVES ~ she does not GIVE.

• Love 14

Yes. Jill hasn't been bragging about any half cows from the Dinguii recently, so she's probably mad. Maybe they know Jill has money right now that she is choosing to use on items other than food for her children. That would piss me off. There is probably a power struggle in the church too as Jill and David try to take over. I think those two are sweet-talking backstabbers. 

I'm sure Jill's idea for a shower is sad-looking decorations and stale donuts. The church ladies will no doubt step up and bring food and decorations along with gifts.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't know if any of them are in the running as matches for the older Rod kids, but there's been speculation. Of course, they may since have gone the way of the Dinguii. 

the Cleghorns are also the family the 4 older rod kids went to visit on the rd trip without parents for a Cleghorn wedding.

I think Silas was the only unmarried brother, there are several unmarried girls, though I don't know their ages. so any possible match would be a Cleghorn girl and a Rod boy.

• Useful 10
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Wow Nathan is packing on the pounds. He will look like David in a few years. Nuri must be a good cook!

Nuri has watched her mother feeding her father over and above everyone else and is repeating the same with Nathan maybe 

• Love 2

If you have any doubt that TLC pays a very, very good chunk of change to these reality families, check out the Busby family. They went from a family of 8, with a dad with a full-time job, living a middle class life, to a family with parents who now have part-time 'hobby jobs', living a life that Jeremy would drool over. The only difference was their TLC show.

Since they began the show they went from a nice 4 bedroom home to a 5 bedroom home with a large built-in pool and have spent the last year doing extensive remodeling. Oh and the dad drives a Jeep truck.

I expect to see a big difference in the way the Duggar clan live, especially the Vuolos, if and when TLC drops the show. JB may dole out the TLC money, but there's no way he'll part with his real estate income to support all the married families.

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Since they began the show they went from a nice 4 bedroom home to a 5 bedroom home with a large built-in pool and have spent the last year doing extensive remodeling. Oh and the dad drives a Jeep truck.

And vacationed like Kardashians, during a pandemic. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

13C8F00C-8BC7-446B-84C5-0DB9F60E22D1.jpeg

843E525E-3F48-4984-B33A-F35E542EE9B6.jpeg

Screenshot from a video:

8AA24043-7E4F-4D91-8515-0EF025D6DDCC.jpeg

A few unidentifiable young men there. Suitors?

And can someone explain the cake to me? Is it a cake? Cupcakes frosted together? It almost looks like cinnamon rolls to me.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And can someone explain the cake to me? Is it a cake? Cupcakes frosted together? It almost looks like cinnamon rolls to me.

It sort of looked like an ice cream/freezer cake, but considering that the Rods have several new people staying with them (3 boys and 1 girl, maybe?)but only 1 cake, everyone probably got a 1”x1” piece.  The new kids looked thrilled, THRILLED, to be there.  Kaylee’s hair is totally fried, from top to bottom.  If one strand had touched a lit birthday candle, her entire head would’ve gone up in flames.  I wonder if any of the Rod kids ever get to go anywhere without Jill?  I’m sure that the older girls would’ve enjoyed going shopping or out to eat with Nurie without Jill tagging along, to butt in and take pics and videos.  We all know who bought that birthday meal, don’t we?

• Love 2

I hope Renee got a meal with that free sundae at the Mexican restaurant. The cake at home looks like Oreos crumbled over ice cream. The base could be whipped cream since Jill likes to make that with her new mixer. 

There's a video of Jill panning the group before the candle lighting. Kaylee and Renee manage to grin and wave for the camera. Everybody else stands there looking trapped. It's another Rodrigues family hostage video. 

• Love 7
(edited)

With all the stimulus $ Jilldo could buy a $50 cake or 2 for all those people. I bet daddy got a BIG slice or 2 first...

Renee probably “volunteered” to bake her own birthday cake 

Happy Birthday kid!!! MAMA probably bought her makeup and a box of maxi pads as a gift. Maybe a candy bar!

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I hope Hazel is okay, but all the Bateseseses are on my last damn nerve. They're so phony and camera-ready at all times. When Whitney and Zach brought Jadon home, she made Zach redo the drive up to the house three times so she could get a better shot. I mean seriously, your newborn just spent over a week in the NICU, and that's your priority? They represent everything I hate about social media.

The Bateseses are no more than fundie Kartrashians. I wish they'd crawl back into their hole and leave the civilized world alone. 

My guess is Josie is attention whoring about her baby's health. "Exceedingly rare blood condition, unlike anything the doctors had seen before," uh huh. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
On 6/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, farmgal4 said:

Yep, according to Jill.  I would be afraid that Janessa would try to climb out of the high chair but then I realized that she was probably threatened with bodily harm if she did, so… I wonder where Nurthan sleep when they’re at Jill’s?

Considering Janessa is now more than 3 years old, I wouldn't blame her for trying to escape the high chair.  Most kids her age would've rebelled against sitting in one a long, long time ago,  I presume that Jill wants to keep her a baby as long as possible and she'll be crammed in the high chair until her feet touch the floor or, perhaps, she does have some developmental issues and still needs to be strapped into a chair to be able to sit upright properly.

On 6/17/2021 at 8:29 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Olivia wasn't in the girls' lineup, so I guess she was tasked with watching Janessa. She's what, 8?

And would, of course, have no problems whatsoever in getting her 3 year old sister out of the highchair should she start to choke or the house catch fire or whatever.  Jill is an idiot.  So is David.

(edited)
On 6/18/2021 at 5:34 AM, GeeGolly said:

Is it me or is Josie exaggerating the health issues related to her pregnancy and Hazel's birth? I get that pregnancy related bleeding disorders aren't something that happens in most pregnancies, but "...exceedingly rare blood condition, unlike anything the doctors had seen before", seems to be an extreme statement. And Hazel has jaundice which I've always thought to be rather common, yet Hazel's jaundice is somehow different than every other newborn's jaundice.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQMxFquNDtp/

Sounds like, either Josie is Rh negative and should've gotten Rhogam at some point, but didn't and is now Rh sensitized.  That is pretty rare these days, but certainly not something no one has ever seen.

More likely is that there is ABO incompatibility.  This happens when mom is Type O  and her husband is not.  Then, she gets pregnant with a baby who, because of daddy, doesn't have O blood, either.  Inevitably, some of the baby's blood gets into mom's bloodstream, and she makes anti A or ant B antibodies or both.  Those can cross the placenta and each pregnancy, the mom makes more and more antibodies that can attack the babies' red blood cells and produces newborn jaundice.  Unlike Rh disease though, babies with ABO incompatibility rarely develop severe anemia or heart failure in utero and transfusions are rarely necessary.

About 1% of babies have some sort of ABO incompatibility reaction, usually elevated bilirubin levels that can be monitored and sometimes treated with bili lights.  This is probably what Josie's baby has and she needs to get used to it, because it will very likely occur anytime she has a baby who doesn't have an O blood type.

There are some even rarer blood incompatibilities, but most of them end up the same as ABO, needing bili lights for a day or two.  Not a major tragedy or complication in this day and age.

And, yes, when Josie says it is extremely rare and something the doctors had never seen before, she is either lying or dumb.  Probably both.  Any second year med student would've heard of it.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 17
  • Love 5
On 6/18/2021 at 8:25 AM, Snow Fairy said:

edit - yes, the comments also say coombs syndrome. That could slow down the baby train, right?

Coomb's syndrome is anything that causes newborn jaundice.  Coombs is the name of the test done for neonatal jaundice and it detects antibodies from the mother that can attack the baby's red cells.  

Back in the day before we knew how to treat newborn jaundice, the bilirubin levels would rise so high that they damaged the baby's brain leading to seizures and, sometimes, even lifelong developmental problems or death. This condition is known as kernicterus. That is why bilirubin levels are monitored in jaundiced newborns so the baby can be put under the lights or even have an exchange transfusion before the brain is seriously injured.

• Useful 15
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Unless I'm missing something, all I see (in the photo with the weird cake) are two of her brothers, and one unidentified non-Rod on the far left who looks far too young to be a suitor...

OK, I viewed the original video, and there are two other courting-aged guys at the edge of the room. Neither of whom are Nathan's brother, because I think someone speculated on him being there in one of the gender reveal screenshots. There's also an older guy and several other non-Rod younger kids, so could just be church friends visiting or whatever.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The third?

She said Tim was at work, and Janessa was inside in her high chair. She did not mention Olivia who was not in the video. Presumably/hopefully she was inside keeping an eye on Janessa, but Jill doesn't say. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I noticed in the video JillR posted, Amy had tilted her chair back into almost a complete recline. It certainly seemed Jill made it a point to include it, because Amy was off to the side and 'out of the way', so I wonder if Amy would rather not be filmed in that position.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I noticed in the video JillR posted, Amy had tilted her chair back into almost a complete recline. It certainly seemed Jill made it a point to include it, because Amy was off to the side and 'out of the way', so I wonder if Amy would rather not be filmed in that position.

Perhaps she would rather not be filmed at all.  If I had medical issues, I would not be happy if one of my sisters turned my problems into clickbait.  There's no way Jill would ask her permission to post photos, Jill's mind doesn't work like that.  This is a woman who brought Amy's kids into the hospital to scream at her from the hall outside the ICU.  Then, threw a baby shower for herself, complete with donations jar, in the waiting room.

Wasn't there a rumor a couple years back that Amy had asked Jill to stop posting her 'poor, pathetic Amy with the severely broken neck' stories on her blog?

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

Perhaps she would rather not be filmed at all.  If I had medical issues, I would not be happy if one of my sisters turned my problems into clickbait.  There's no way Jill would ask her permission to post photos, Jill's mind doesn't work like that.

Wasn't there a rumor a couple years back that Amy had asked Jill to stop posting her 'poor, pathetic Amy with the severely broken neck' stories on her blog?

Amy did ask Jill to stop or at least reduce the number of posts. Jill actually posted about the request. Jill went from posting weekly to monthly after the request.

• Useful 2
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From the videos it looks like it was at best, just family. 

Screenshots:

E00E660E-F619-4A10-84CD-1FB9E82E9645.jpeg

C6FB83E5-BDBA-4905-A365-FA3E1511F657.jpeg

So, after the torn carboard gender reveal, someone painted an 'It's a Boy' mural on the cinderblock wall of the Barndo?  Why?  Is Nurie going to hack that piece out of the wall and haul it back to Florida?

For that matter, in my neck of the woods, baby showers are for expectant moms in their third trimester.  Even though she lives in Florida, Jill and the gang manage to see Nurthan at least once a month or so.  The kid isn't due for about 5 months, they live in a trailer, what could they possibly need to have a shower for now?  Except that Jill needs to keep those Instagram followers happy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

So, after the torn carboard gender reveal, someone painted an 'It's a Boy' mural on the cinderblock wall of the Barndo?

It was actually held at a church.

A031A606-23BB-4095-93E1-F62E32552D4B.jpeg

B721A45D-966D-47B0-B974-403206474D1F.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It was actually held at a church.

A031A606-23BB-4095-93E1-F62E32552D4B.jpeg

OK, and it looks like they took the motif from the invites and painted it onto the wall of the church.  Looking at the photos, it is not a poster, the words and images are directly on the bricks and mortar.  Are they just going to paint over it?  Is the church going to use that room exclusively for baby showers for people expecting boys?  Why go to all the trouble to paint that detailed mural on a wall where it would be out of place the minute the shower is over?  Why not get a huge poster board and paint it on there and then it can be given to the mom?  Or, better yet, why do it at all?

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 8
(edited)
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From the videos it looks like it was at best, just family. 

If it was just (Rod) family, there wouldn't be that many gifts... Just a few grungy hand-me-downs from Janessa.

9 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

OK, and it looks like they took the motif from the invites and painted them onto the wall of the church.  Looking at the photos, it is not a poster, the words and images are directly on the bricks and mortar.  Are they just going to paint over it?  Is the church going to use that room exclusively for baby showers for people expecting boys?  Why go to all the trouble to paint that detailed mural on a wall where it would be out of place the minute the shower is over?  Why not get a huge poster board and paint it on there and then it can be given to the mom?  Or, better yet, why do it at all?

I thought it was part of the wall, too, at first, but looking more closely I think it's actually a sign that was folded up (and the folds make it look like bricks). In the picture with Nurie, you can kind of see a wrinkle, and there's also a distinct line/ difference in color between the It's a Boy/ elephant part, and the flowers above (although some of the flowers extend into the "sign"... maybe the church hosts a lot of showers and changes out the folded-up sign accordingly? Because you know that if it was up to Jill there definitely wouldn't be that level of coordination...)

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

So, after the torn carboard gender reveal, someone painted an 'It's a Boy' mural on the cinderblock wall of the Barndo?  Why?  Is Nurie going to hack that piece out of the wall and haul it back to Florida?

For that matter, in my neck of the woods, baby showers are for expectant moms in their third trimester.  Even though she lives in Florida, Jill and the gang manage to see Nurthan at least once a month or so.  The kid isn't due for about 5 months, they live in a trailer, what could they possibly need to have a shower for now?  Except that Jill needs to keep those Instagram followers happy.

I don’t see the logic behind having the shower so early either.  I think the shower was held at the church.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

She has until November left??  This has already felt like the world’s longest pregnancy. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Did I miss something?  I thought she was due in October.  June is still fairly early for a shower though.

It was announced as October 12th, from my recollection.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3