Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I've never had a Mercedes, but I have a Hyundai I've loved and used for years. It was one of my very good investments. 

Ditto!  Sorry, Mods, for getting off topic.  I couldn’t help myself.  I’ll see myself to the Prayer Closet. 😞

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

40 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Wait, wha??? Janessa was inside by herself in her high chair??? All alone?

Yep, according to Jill.  I would be afraid that Janessa would try to climb out of the high chair but then I realized that she was probably threatened with bodily harm if she did, so… I wonder where Nurthan sleep when they’re at Jill’s?

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Insert Username said:

WTF Jill? You couldn't pop over to the CVS and get a $1 piece of posterboard?

If it's not about Jill, they ain't spending money on it.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

If it's not about Jill, they ain't spending money on it.

That's the center square of a Rodrigues bingo card. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

If it's not about Jill, they ain't spending money on it.

Yep,the money's all for Jill

1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Wait, wha??? Janessa was inside by herself in her high chair??? All alone?

I'd be worried she could choke,and no one would be there to help her

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Her fence garden looks like a frickin' grave....

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Yep,the money's all for Jill

I'd be worried she could choke,and no one would be there to help her

Olivia wasn't in the girls' lineup, so I guess she was tasked with watching Janessa. She's what, 8?

  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think they get a better education then the Rod kids. 

I know in Iowa the Amish must have a licensed teacher.  My mother's home town is very near an Old World Amish community, and I have seen the teacher's cars parked by the schools during school hours.  And the teachers do wear pants.  It a horse-and-buggy community, but they are required to have the teachers in their own schools. That does not mean they don't quit school after the 8th grade, but, up until then, they must have regular, credentialed teachers.  So, yes, a much better education than the Rods.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

I wonder if they're still friends with the Dingi?  I haven't seen any posts with them recently.  Don't they attend the same church?  Maybe they finally took too much advantage of them.

Speaking of friends - when Jill panned around to show shrek picking the silly string off his shirt there were 2 guys standing there watching this embarrassing mess. No idea who they are or why they were unfortunate enough to be there.

Screenshot (90).png

  • Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ok Grifter time for you to make your list for your grandmother shower. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Senor Rodrigues Sr. Has extremely filthy jeans on. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

This is the second time I've seen Nathan go, what I consider, a little overboard, in a fun, but pissing contest kind of way. Is it just fun and games or is he that easily provoked to display and protect his manliness?

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Her fence garden looks like a frickin' grave....

My first thought is it looked like a roadside memorial of a traffic tragedy. 

10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This is the second time I've seen Nathan go, what I consider, a little overboard, in a fun, but pissing contest kind of way. Is it just fun and games or is he that easily provoked to display and protect his manliness?

I thought it was all in fun. The only one who looked disgruntled was David.

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

When does Deep Dish Dave NOT look disgruntled? Even his "smile" is more of a pained grimace that bares teeth. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Senor Rodrigues Sr. Has extremely filthy jeans on. 

Yeah, they really went all out for this event.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My first thought is it looked like a roadside memorial of a traffic tragedy. 

OMG it does. 🤔

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I figured the reveal would be a trainwreck, but underestimated how lame it would be! Cardboard, silly string an JillR's maniacal laughing.

Nobody died and no wildfires were started . It's a win. 

  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, lianau said:

Nobody died and no wildfires were started . It's a win. 

A few of my brain cells died does that count? 
 

🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Isn’t 3 years old too old for a high chair? 

Jill has had recent pictures of Janessa in the high chair. What's even worse is that the high chair isn't near the table. 

Jill is a horrible mother. 

  • Like 12
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Olivia wasn't in the girls' lineup, so I guess she was tasked with watching Janessa. She's what, 8?

Olivia is 9. 

I don't mind the sign being plain, since all they did was spray silly string on it.

Share this post


Link to post

What JillR doesn't get is that gender reveals started as a fun way to share with family what the sex of the baby was going to be. Granted the parties have gotten out of hand due to SM, but they still surprise family and friends.

No one at the Rod reveal didn't know. That Pinterest reveal fail was intended for followers - most of who don't care or have only a passing interest. If they all knew, JillR could have just flashed an Its a Boy GIF on her SM accounts.

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Is it me or is Josie exaggerating the health issues related to her pregnancy and Hazel's birth? I get that pregnancy related bleeding disorders aren't something that happens in most pregnancies, but "...exceedingly rare blood condition, unlike anything the doctors had seen before", seems to be an extreme statement. And Hazel has jaundice which I've always thought to be rather common, yet Hazel's jaundice is somehow different than every other newborn's jaundice.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQMxFquNDtp/

 

 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

And in other Bates snark, Carlin filmed herself and some family members walking into a restaurant and two others walking in were also filming. I just can't imagine living a life with cameras and phones documenting my every move. Reality must be very skewed for these folks.

Also Kelly had some esophageal issues a few weeks back and hasn't looked well since. I don't know if she's on steroids, but she seems to have blown up a bit and Gill seems to have trimmed down.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And in other Bates snark, Carlin filmed herself and some family members walking into a restaurant and two others walking in were also filming. I just can't imagine living a life with cameras and phones documenting my every move. Reality must be very skewed for these folks.

Also Kelly had some esophageal issues a few weeks back and hasn't looked well since. I don't know if she's on steroids, but she seems to have blown up a bit and Gill seems to have trimmed down.

I just watched that story, I’m old and grumpy and wanted to smack those cameras out of their hands 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is it me or is Josie exaggerating the health issues related to her pregnancy and Hazel's birth? I get that pregnancy related bleeding disorders aren't something that happens in most pregnancies, but "...exceedingly rare blood condition, unlike anything the doctors had seen before", seems to be an extreme statement. And Hazel has jaundice which I've always thought to be rather common, yet Hazel's jaundice is somehow different than every other newborn's jaundice.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQMxFquNDtp/

 

 

The way she describes the blood condition sounds like rhesus incompatibility, which is so unlike anything anyone has ever seen before that my grandmother and her baby son both died of it way back in 1960. I suppose I can buy that these particular doctors hadn't encountered the condition before, perhaps, but it certainly isn't unheard of.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Llywela said:

The way she describes the blood condition sounds like rhesus incompatibility, which is so unlike anything anyone has ever seen before that my grandmother and her baby son both died of it way back in 1960. I suppose I can buy that these particular doctors hadn't encountered the condition before, perhaps, but it certainly isn't unheard of.

Even I've heard of Rh incompatibility, so I was thinking it was something different or a rarer form of it, if there is such a thing. I can't imagine that learning about Rh incompatibility isn't standard in OB education/training.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Madtown said:

Her fence garden looks like a frickin' grave....

It reminds me of the impromptu roadside memorials that people put up after losing someone in a car accident.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Is it me or is Josie exaggerating the health issues related to her pregnancy and Hazel's birth? I get that pregnancy related bleeding disorders aren't something that happens in most pregnancies, but "...exceedingly rare blood condition, unlike anything the doctors had seen before", seems to be an extreme statement. And Hazel has jaundice which I've always thought to be rather common, yet Hazel's jaundice is somehow different than every other newborn's jaundice.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQMxFquNDtp/

The Bates do seem to push the drama in every situation, and combined with their general dumbness, I’m inclined to think she is exaggerating, either to make a more compelling storyline or because she doesn’t actually understand what the doctor said (or a combination of the two).

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

The last thing I’d want to hear my doctors say is they never encountered my condition before.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The last thing I’d want to hear my doctors say is they never encountered my condition before.

Yup. Then its time to find out how "rare" it is, and/or find new doctors.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Are those now 2 new Bates grandchildren who had problems in hospital and needed doctor's help?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I see that they say

Josie’s blood and Hazel’s were fighting against each other.

 

That could be connected with Rh factor. 

 

for reasons unknown and possibly as a result of our previous miscarriage - if she was Rh - and the baby she lost was Rh+, there could be some blood mixing. I had the same situation and because I didn't get the shot after the miscarriage, I got one during pregnancy so Rh incompatibility wouldn't be a problem

 

 

 

edit - yes, the comments also say coombs syndrome. That could slow down the baby train, right?

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have Rh negative blood, so I was given an injection of RH immune globulin during my second pregnancy (or after the first one?). This was in the late 1980s, and it was standard procedure. Baby two and I had no "fighting blood" problems. I hope nobody would ignore or reject such a simple prevention. 

11 hours ago, Teriacky said:

Senor Rodrigues Sr. Has extremely filthy jeans on. 

He wears baggy jeans all the time. Maybe he has two pairs. It's hard to tell. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And in other Bates snark, Carlin filmed herself and some family members walking into a restaurant and two others walking in were also filming. I just can't imagine living a life with cameras and phones documenting my every move. Reality must be very skewed for these folks.

Also Kelly had some esophageal issues a few weeks back and hasn't looked well since. I don't know if she's on steroids, but she seems to have blown up a bit and Gill seems to have trimmed down.

Filming her own husband filming people walking into a restaurant really is too funny. I guess he was filming for their YouTube channel, but how momentous of an occasion is it to go to dinner with your family? It’s not like they hadn’t seen Alyssa since the Pandemic started. We’ve all seen pictures and videos of many visits and family parties all along.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What JillR doesn't get is that gender reveals started as a fun way to share with family what the sex of the baby was going to be. Granted the parties have gotten out of hand due to SM, but they still surprise family and friends.

No one at the Rod reveal didn't know. That Pinterest reveal fail was intended for followers - most of who don't care or have only a passing interest. If they all knew, JillR could have just flashed an Its a Boy GIF on her SM accounts.

 

Maybe they told the Keller's first and this was Jill's way of retaliation?

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Llywela said:

The way she describes the blood condition sounds like rhesus incompatibility, which is so unlike anything anyone has ever seen before that my grandmother and her baby son both died of it way back in 1960. I suppose I can buy that these particular doctors hadn't encountered the condition before, perhaps, but it certainly isn't unheard of.

I think that’s what it is too.  I have Rh negative blood and had to be given RhoGAM when I had a tubal pregnancy, in case I ever got pregnant again.  Healthline calls the disorder rare and preventable.  Of course, Hazel may have something totally different than what LLYWELLA and I are referring to.  Whatever the problem is, if it’s that serious, Josie would be a fool to get pregnant again IMO.  I sincerely hope that Hazel fully recovers and lives a good, long life.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I need to correct a mistake I made in reference to Nurthan’s gender reveal. Hannah was inside with Janessa while she was eating, so she wasn’t all alone, thank God.  Also, Nathan’s belly bump looks just like Nurie’s!

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

have Rh negative blood, so I was given an injection of RH immune globulin during my second pregnancy (or after the first one?). This was in the late 1980s, and it was standard procedure. Baby two and I had no "fighting blood" problems. I hope nobody would ignore or reject such a simple prevention. 

Does she go to an OB, or does she have a lay midwife?  I’m Rh -, and I had the RhOGAM shot with each pregnancy, once at about 30 weeks and once after delivery when the baby was Rh+. I won the lottery and had to have it during and after all four kids. That shot sucks. But Rh incompatibility sucks more. 
 

ETA: I know very little about the development of RhOGAM. Could they have an objection to using it based on their anti abortion beliefs?

Edited by irisheyes · Reason: New thoughts
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Llywela said:

The way she describes the blood condition sounds like rhesus incompatibility, which is so unlike anything anyone has ever seen before that my grandmother and her baby son both died of it way back in 1960. I suppose I can buy that these particular doctors hadn't encountered the condition before, perhaps, but it certainly isn't unheard of.

As I've said in other spots, it's very unlikely to be an Rh problem.  It could be ABO incompatibility which isn't super rare or it could be to other blood factors which is on the rare side and very rarely publicly discussed.  

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is it me or is Josie exaggerating the health issues related to her pregnancy and Hazel's birth? I get that pregnancy related bleeding disorders aren't something that happens in most pregnancies, but "...exceedingly rare blood condition, unlike anything the doctors had seen before", seems to be an extreme statement. And Hazel has jaundice which I've always thought to be rather common, yet Hazel's jaundice is somehow different than every other newborn's jaundice.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQMxFquNDtp/

 

 

I hope Hazel is okay, but all the Bateseseses are on my last damn nerve. They're so phony and camera-ready at all times. When Whitney and Zach brought Jadon home, she made Zach redo the drive up to the house three times so she could get a better shot. I mean seriously, your newborn just spent over a week in the NICU, and that's your priority? They represent everything I hate about social media.

  • Like 23
  • Surprise 10
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Wait, wha??? Janessa was inside by herself in her high chair??? All alone?

She wasn’t  alone silly,Jesus was there 🙄

I haven’t watched the gender reveal but boy does it sound shitty, Jill and co could’ve done that over video chat. 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2021 at 5:43 PM, crazy8s said:

Doubt Jill made a donation to the fundraiser for funeral expenses for Silas Cleghorn

I think jilly had her eye on Silas for courtship with one of the not nuries, she let the 4 older children travel to a kleghorn wedding on their own a while back.

She didn't donate.  I just scrolled through the list and you know Jill wouldn't have donated anonymously!  The Cleghorn's church did donate $500, though.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, louannems said:

She didn't donate.  I just scrolled through the list and you know Jill wouldn't have donated anonymously!  The Cleghorn's church did donate $500, though.

Guess Cleghorn family doesn’t want to marry into the Rod family.

Of course Jill didn’t donate. She only accepts donations. And she got so much free stimulus $. Guess HUNK and the hair CLUMP didn’t want to miss one meal at the GOOD Olive Garden.

 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What JillR doesn't get is that gender reveals started as a fun way to share with family what the sex of the baby was going to be. Granted the parties have gotten out of hand due to SM, but they still surprise family and friends.

No one at the Rod reveal didn't know. That Pinterest reveal fail was intended for followers - most of who don't care or have only a passing interest. If they all knew, JillR could have just flashed an Its a Boy GIF on her SM accounts.

 

Oh wow, I didn’t realize it wasn’t actually a surprise to anyone there! She is pathological in her need for attention. I doubt Nurthan wanted that shared with millions of strangers. I wish they could get up the courage to refuse that nonsense. Especially after their baby is born. 

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Even I've heard of Rh incompatibility, so I was thinking it was something different or a rarer form of it, if there is such a thing. I can't imagine that learning about Rh incompatibility isn't standard in OB education/training.

I worked at Planned Parenthood in the 90s, and we did Rh tests. It’s it no way uncommon.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

Moderator Announcement- The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

 

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history.

 

Hate Speech and Insensitive Language 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size