Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Jill has an Amish fetish.  It's weird.  If she loves and admires them so much, why doesn't she join them?  I wonder if she's ever tried converting any Amish?  Or even interacted with them at all?  Or is the love from afar and (most certainly) unrequited?

They wouldn't tolerate her for a hot minute. 

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Yes, I agree that if there were a heaven, I sure wouldn’t want to be there with many of those religious, judgmental hypocrites. Give me hell any day!

I was just thinking the same thing!

And I love Lady Gaga!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Yes,the Amish are also hardworking,and David should be out plowing and working the fields all day,while Jill should be indoors canning,cooking,doing hands on child rearing,closely homeschooling,hanging laundry outdoors,mopping,staying off the internet,etc.None of which she is doing,so get with it,Jill!

Oh,and she needs to rid of the makeup and jewelry and dress like the Amish.She's much too worldly for them!

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, crazy8s said:

how many boxes could Jilly truthfully check.

her property is a mess, she uses electronics even in worship, she is not very honest and hardworking, she might be a stay at home mom, but they rarely stay at home, etc

Yes and even those fugly bright skirts are way too worldly for the Amish!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Does Nurie gently explain to Nathan that the only way her siblings are going to get a decent meal is if he is the one to suggest going out to eat, and then he picks up the check while Shrek chuckles, weakly protests and rubs his gigantic belly?

I think you nailed it, except I doubt if Shrek even pretends to protest. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm guessing Nathan feels obligated to pay the R's way,since they stay with them.He seems to be a polite young man,but the R's seem to take advantage of that :(

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I'm guessing Nathan feels obligated to pay the R's way,since they stay with them.He seems to be a polite young man,but the R's seem take advantage of that :(

Plus it is his wife's family. He must really love her! 

• Love 9

Jills posts usually do not bother me. In fact, I find most of them comical because she is just a narrow minded bonehead living a pathetic life spewing garbage from her fat mouth. Her last post about the Amish really irritated me, maybe because I just finished work (night shift) was tired and in no mood to deal with the devil, but it felt great to type those words... fuck off Jill! Oh I like that! Fuck off, fuck off, fuck off! Aaahhhhh that feels great! All together now...fuck off Jill! 

(And once again, pardon my language.) 

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
(edited)

She has a post up now about a young man who died. She included the cause of death, and pictures of him with her family, including arrows pointing to the young man.

She’s shit.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She has a post up now about a young man who died. She included the cause of death, and pictures of him with her family, including arrows pointing to the young man.

She’s shit.

When I think JillR can go no lower, somehow, someway, she always manages to do so.

She is shit.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Plus it is his wife's family. He must really love her! 

He must to put up with Jill's crazy!

Nathan's brother prob. sees what's going on,and doesn't want to be a part of it.My guess is it's been suggested to him that Kaylee and Renee are single and of marriageable age,but he's declined.They're pretty girls,but good for him.

I think the Rods may end up with one or more of John Shrader's kids when they return from Africa

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She’s shit.

FFS! 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She’s shit.

Jilldo can truly F off!

My condolences to the family that lost their son.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

She’s shit.

Doubt Jill made a donation to the fundraiser for funeral expenses for Silas Cleghorn

I think jilly had her eye on Silas for courtship with one of the not nuries, she let the 4 older children travel to a kleghorn wedding on their own a while back.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
(edited)

But Silas was saved before he drowned so all is well, according to JillRod. 🤬 Think she’ll livestream the funeral? Or take smiling selfies at the funeral like she did with those poor babies that died in the fire, that she didn’t even know? 

God, that woman is vile.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

But Silas was saved before he drowned so all is well, according to JillRod. 🤬 Think she’ll livestream the funeral? Or take smiling selfies at the funeral like she did with those poor babies that died in the fire, that she didn’t even know? 

God, that woman is vile.

I'm sure we will get a bunch of selfies. God, I hope she doesn't take one with the coffin or the corpse. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

God, that woman is vile.

That he was the right kind of Christian is the most important thing to Jilldo.

If the family wasn’t Jilldo wouldn’t grift/associate with them!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm sure we will get a bunch of selfies. God, I hope she doesn't take one with the coffin or the corpse. 

She will.  She probably won’t post it on SM, but she’ll take pictures.  She’s not just batshit crazy but a horrible human being to boot.  I wonder if anyone has ever called her out on her nasty bullshit?  If not, I volunteer to be the first.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They visited the Cleghorns not that long ago, IIRC on their way home from their Florida trip. With Nurie's gender reveal coming up this week, I don't think they'll make the trip to TN to attend the funeral.

I betcha Jill has already called the deceased person’s family and offered up the Rod clan to do all of music during the funeral service, just because Nurie IS home.  

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She will.  She probably won’t post it on SM, but she’ll take pictures.  She’s not just batshit crazy but a horrible human being to boot.  I wonder if anyone has ever called her out on her nasty bullshit?  If not, I volunteer to be the first.

I’ve been to her fB page and she seems to disallow comments from some people (non friends?) otherwise many of us would be calling her out daily.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I’ve been to her fB page and she seems to disallow comments from some people (non friends?) otherwise many of us would be calling her out daily.

Yes, I believe that only her friends can reply to her posts. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, I believe that only her friends can reply to her posts. 

Yet her page is still public. What a nut job. Only my friends can reply to my posts because my page is private. 

• Love 9

When I compare the Bates and Duggars, I wonder if the Duggars wonder what happened. The Duggars were the 'sophisticated big-wigs' and the Bates were always in their shadows. Now most of the Bates kids are more 'successful'.

Zach is a cop - Josh a criminal. Michaela has a successful online store and is a nurse - Jana is a wannabe J Gaines. Alyssa, Carlin and Josie all have working (real jobs) husbands and are successful influencers - Jessa, Jinger and Joy don't and aren't.

And to add to my wonder, both families basically started out JRod style. I would guess by the definition of their kind of Fundyism, the Rods are actually the family that is the most successful - still plodding along, wearing proper clothes and spreading the word. lol

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

When I compare the Bates and Duggars, I wonder if the Duggars wonder what happened. The Duggars were the 'sophisticated big-wigs' and the Bates were always in their shadows. Now most of the Bates kids are more 'successful'.

Zach is a cop - Josh a criminal. Michaela has a successful online store and is a nurse - Jana is a wannabe J Gaines. Alyssa, Carlin and Josie all have working (real jobs) husbands and are successful influencers - Jessa, Jinger and Joy don't and aren't.

And to add to my wonder, both families basically started out JRod style. I would guess by the definition of their kind of Fundyism, the Rods are actually the family that is the most successful - still plodding along, wearing proper clothes and spreading the word. lol

And grifting.lol

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

C6E1D482-BBF4-4F77-82B7-7435ED94C9A0.jpeg

43C7A045-124A-4C91-BC00-A3A8027BF4EA.jpeg

Nurie is wearing pink.I'm gonna guess a girl

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think it' beacause the Bates parents are much smarter than Boob and MeShell.  They obviously gave their kids much better advice.   While both families are batshit in their beliefs, the Bates are much more "real world" smart.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

Maybe it's reverse snobbery on my part, but I think there's something to be said for needing to work and that creating more productive human beings. The Duggars might have been successful, but they weren't the type of rich and successful that their connections would be enough to make their useless children successful (they started to have that with Josh at FRC, and...well, you know), though they were by far more financially successful than the Bates. When the Duggars were crowded into that tiny house, it was because they were living well below their means, not because JB lacked funds. He had a sizable real estate portfolio, the show, paid speaking gigs several times a year--he could afford to truly isolate his family (outside of the made-for-TV outings) and not have them out and about developing skills to earn money. That wasn't the case for the Bates at all. Gil had his trimming business, and while they eventually got their own show, they never got the level fame that the Duggars did. The kids had to contribute financially to the household and figure out how to make their own livings eventually. That led to more successful adults. It will be interesting to see if that's still the case for the younger kids.

• Useful 5
  • Love 17
(edited)
11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I read that at first as "I volunteer as tribute," lol.  Which is actually pretty accurate if you're willing to go toe to toe with that nutjob.

The arrows were disgusting on a level that most of us thankfully never see on a regular basis.  It's like she's bragging about her importance because she knew the deceased young man and the pictures and arrows prove that he was a family friend.  Now, a normal person doesn't need to do any of this.  But Jill needs to slither her way into other people's tragedies in order to serve her own purposes, and that's just vile.  I know not all Fundie families are as morally decrepit as JillRod, so I have to imagine that either their sweet friends turn a blind eye to her repulsive shenanigans to keep from actually getting involved with that BSC woman, or maybe they are afraid of her for some reason, like she has a weird stranglehold on the people she encounters.  Either way, she is nuts on a scary level.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 21

I don't really care what Nurie is having, but I suppose it will be interesting to see the trainwreck reveal her horrid Momma will come up with. Perhaps it will take place in their depressing cemetery of a garden? Undoubtedly the reveal will be all about Jill. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9