Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah my dad used to work at a grocery store in an area that had a lot of Amish people. He told me many of the Amish who came in there basically just bought shitloads of cheap beer and even cheaper hot dogs on the daily. I didn't quite believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. I'm not going to say they are representative of the Amish faith at large, but based on that, I'm a little hesitant to assume that all Amish people have an incredibly healthy diet. 

Even the strict old order Amish don't eat what we would consider a 'healthy' diet.  They tend to eat like our forefathers ate: meat at every meal, often fried, carbs in the form of mashed potatoes, plenty of gravy and butter and eggs and milk in their cooking.  None of that low fat stuff, either.  Then they top it off with pies or cakes made from scratch using butter, eggs, sugar and lard.  However, since most of them work hard at manual labor, they tend to burn off the calories.

Those Amish that live in a more diverse area with supermarkets are pretty well known for their love of chips and soda and other processed foods.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah my dad used to work at a grocery store in an area that had a lot of Amish people. He told me many of the Amish who came in there basically just bought shitloads of cheap beer and even cheaper hot dogs on the daily. I didn't quite believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. I'm not going to say they are representative of the Amish faith at large, but based on that, I'm a little hesitant to assume that all Amish people have an incredibly healthy diet. 

True. People hear Amish and think they are quaint, religious and homey folks (like Jill).... they have the same problems everyone else in the world does. 

33 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Even the strict old order Amish don't eat what we would consider a 'healthy' diet.  They tend to eat like our forefathers ate: meat at every meal, often fried, carbs in the form of mashed potatoes, plenty of gravy and butter and eggs and milk in their cooking.  None of that low fat stuff, either.  Then they top it off with pies or cakes made from scratch using butter, eggs, sugar and lard.  However, since most of them work hard at manual labor, they tend to burn off the calories.

Those Amish that live in a more diverse area with supermarkets are pretty well known for their love of chips and soda and other processed foods.

Yes, it does help that they burn off a lot of those calories. Some Amish do eat healthier because of health issues, but like the rest of us, there are those who like their junk food. 

35 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

3552D750-027F-4199-AF3B-0580FF4971F9.jpeg

🤮

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 6/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, iwantcookies said:

I only could if I had plenty of wine 🤣🤣🤣 and chicken wings.

Tipsy Cookie is a fun cookie.

I swear I thought “Tipsy Cookie” was a delicious brand of something I had to order ASAP. Then I read it again. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Even if David were a real life Adonis, that hubba hubba heart is tacky and juvenile. 

Yeah, but it covers up part of him. Anything that blots out David is a thing to like. It needs to be even bigger. 

Does Jill pour weed killer on that junky cemetery of a "garden" she has? Morticia Addams would be proud. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

There are no carbs like Amish carbs. Jill should start cooking Amish meals. Her kids would fill out to at least a healthy weight. 

When is the Rod G-Baby reveal?  Jilly better come up with a name she wants the baby to call her, or she could get stuck with Granny. 😂😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I noticed that the gardening chore JillR assigned herself was going around spraying weed killer.

She's spraying poison on the ground while wearing flip-flops. There's a reason farmers wear steel-toed leather work boots and rubber boots. It's poison!!! I guess her stupidity is mitigated by the fact she's doing it and not one of the underfed waifs she birthed. 

• Love 15

Jesse Maxwell bought a new house in a new neighborhood. He and his wife the third Anna Maxwell spent their first year living in an apartment. The new house looks nice.  Also pants wearing is getting more common for fundie women; Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell (married to John), Melanie Maxwell (married to Nathan, and Mary Maxwell (daughter of Steve) are all wearing pants on the blog lately. 

• Useful 9

On FB this morning JRod mentioned, again, the demonic party that Shrek attended before he found the Lord.  I would bet everything I own that there was no devil worshipping at that party.  There may have been some drinking and pot smoking, but she considers that demonic.    

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

On FB this morning JRod mentioned, again, the demonic party that Shrek attended before he found the Lord.  I would bet everything I own that there was no devil worshipping at that party.  There may have been some drinking and pot smoking, but she considers that demonic.    

I consider that kind of normal. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

And maybe there was a gay person. Jill is on a anti gay tirade AGAIN.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

And maybe there was a gay person. Jill is on a anti gay tirade AGAIN.

It’s how she commemorates the Pulse shooting. She’s just a loving human being. /sarcasm