Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

If the trial is delayed enough, they could make one more baby after this one is born. And I think they would be just stupid enough to do it. 

True,they just haven't put in any motions for delays.I think Jb and Josh are both dumb enough to think Josh can beat this,and Jb wants to clear the family name asap.Thus no motions for delays

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Turquoise said:

I don’t know if I can add a whole lot more…usually this would be CMA Fest in Nashville. It’s been canceled the last two years because of the pandemic, but it’s normally a huge deal with a lot of events & tourists. The CMT Awards are scheduled for the middle of this week. Gabby was slated to perform with Lady A and another person. She released a statement yesterday that she was dropping out due to personal circumstances, hoped to see her fans this summer.

Gabby won an award at the ACMs several weeks ago, and PAC made a post pointing out she was “Mrs. Foehner”. So there has been speculation he isn’t handling being in her shadow very well.

hmmmm..... maybe Cade was jealous. He usually performs with Gabby at award shows.  He plays guitar and sings back up a little too loud. 

(I do hope Gabby didn't drop out for anything too serious.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

It’s ironic how she admires their simplicity on social media. She couldn’t possibly live without her cell phone, makeup, or tacky decor.

What a shame she doesn’t join them, we’ll never hear from them again. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

What is her obsession with the Amish? It’s so weird. It’s like she’s showing off for her fundy friends. If I’m not mistaken, Amish folk do not want their pictures taken, so I guess screw their modesty rules, huh Jill?

The Amish don't want their faces photographed.  Their bodies and the back of the head are kosher.  Jill's pics are still hella invasive though.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The Amish don't want their faces photographed.  Their bodies and the back of the head are kosher.  Jill's pics are still hella invasive though.  

May want to take another look.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

They wouldn't want her, and who could blame them?

But it does give me an idea of how Jill could finally get her own TV show...

New to TLC: What happens when an English family converts to Amish?  Let's watch.

David and Jill and their family of 12 children (an older daughter is married and living with a cult in Florida) are going Amish!  Watch them as they eschew many modern day customs and conveniences so they can be accepted in the Amish community.

David will have to work, something he has not done in many years.  Which of the Amish-approved jobs will he do?  The Amish are known to be excellent farmers and craftsmen.  Does David have what it takes to fit in?

Jill will have to dress modestly in the Amish fashion, forego wearing makeup, and stop cutting, dying, and perming her hair.  Can she do it?  Her life until now has been the antithesis of Amish.

Don't worry about the kids, they've spent their lives doing what their parents want, so living Amish won't be much of a difference to them.

The family will move to an island populated by Amish, and set up in an Amish-built home considered acceptable to their needs as a large family.  They will have enough land to grow food or raise animals.  The Amish will help them learn any skills they need to successfully live among them.

Will David and Jill be able to become Amish?  Will they be able to throw off the trappings of their former lives and embrace the Amish culture?  Will David find a way to support his family and teach his sons to do the same?  Will Jill manage to run the household and feed her kids like an Amish wife would do?  What will happen when she realizes that all of their faces will be blurred in accordance to Amish rules?

It's going to be a wild ride.  Will the Rod's pack up and leave in a huff, or will the Amish shun them first?  Such fun!

(My bet:  Jill throws a fit almost immediately and they all take off while the Amish are still trying to figure out what's going on.)

Where does Plexus fit in? 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, charmed1 said:

What is her obsession with the Amish? It’s so weird. It’s like she’s showing off for her fundy friends. If I’m not mistaken, Amish folk do not want their pictures taken, so I guess screw their modesty rules, huh Jill?

No they don't like to have their photos taken, it goes against their faith. And they get quite annoyed when people like Jill pull crap like this. 

6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

True. I do believe children can be photographed. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

No they don't like to have their photos taken, it goes against their faith. And they get quite annoyed when people like Jill pull crap like this. 

True. I do believe children can be photographed. 

Probably, but then to post them on social media for millions of strangers is likely not cool.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Temperance said:

hmmmm..... maybe Cade was jealous. He usually performs with Gabby at award shows.  He plays guitar and sings back up a little too loud. 

(I do hope Gabby didn't drop out for anything too serious.)

I wondered if this might be it too. I am not sure if she has performed on any of these shows without him since they got married and she was set to perform with Lady A and Carly Pearce on this one. I’ve long thought it is just a matter of time before he gets his nose out of joint about not being invited to perform alongside her. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Temperance said:

He plays guitar and sings back up a little too loud. 

Maybe that is why his fame whoring, too loud ass wasn’t invited. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I am not familiar with Cade and Gabby, other than what I read here.  Do they have a child?  Because if he is jealous of her success and is starting to pull the fundie headship garbage on her, I hope she just leaves.  She apparently has a promising career ahead of her and it would be a shame if he wrecked that. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I am not familiar with Cade and Gabby, other than what I read here.  Do they have a child?  Because if he is jealous of her success and is starting to pull the fundie headship garbage on her, I hope she just leaves.  She apparently has a promising career ahead of her and it would be a shame if he wrecked that. 

They have a little girl who is a few months old. 

6 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

They recently had a child. 

With a child it wouldn't be so easy to leave.  I guess Cade has some insurance.  

Obviously we don't know why she cancelled her performance, but if it was because he wasn't invited they had better not make a habit of doing this.  The public has a short memory and agents have no patience for this kind of stunt.  There are plenty of artists just waiting for their chance who would love to perform at that kind of event.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I live in an Amish community, and the last thing they want is attention.  I am so pissed off that Jilly Bean won’t leave them alone.  I may make a phone call.  JRod is unbelievably self-centered and self-serving.  She’s a horrible human being.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Zahdii said:

They wouldn't want her, and who could blame them?

But it does give me an idea of how Jill could finally get her own TV show...

New to TLC: What happens when an English family converts to Amish?  Let's watch.

David and Jill and their family of 12 children (an older daughter is married and living with a cult in Florida) are going Amish!  Watch them as they eschew many modern day customs and conveniences so they can be accepted in the Amish community.

David will have to work, something he has not done in many years.  Which of the Amish-approved jobs will he do?  The Amish are known to be excellent farmers and craftsmen.  Does David have what it takes to fit in?

Jill will have to dress modestly in the Amish fashion, forego wearing makeup, and stop cutting, dying, and perming her hair.  Can she do it?  Her life until now has been the antithesis of Amish.

Don't worry about the kids, they've spent their lives doing what their parents want, so living Amish won't be much of a difference to them.

The family will move to an island populated by Amish, and set up in an Amish-built home considered acceptable to their needs as a large family.  They will have enough land to grow food or raise animals.  The Amish will help them learn any skills they need to successfully live among them.

Will David and Jill be able to become Amish?  Will they be able to throw off the trappings of their former lives and embrace the Amish culture?  Will David find a way to support his family and teach his sons to do the same?  Will Jill manage to run the household and feed her kids like an Amish wife would do?  What will happen when she realizes that all of their faces will be blurred in accordance to Amish rules?

It's going to be a wild ride.  Will the Rod's pack up and leave in a huff, or will the Amish shun them first?  Such fun!

(My bet:  Jill throws a fit almost immediately and they all take off while the Amish are still trying to figure out what's going on.)

You win the Internet today!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I’m sure the kids would eat so, very much better as an Amish family!  

Yes,and all that canning and storing they do.They'd never run out of food

• Love 3

The latest Bates addition, Whitney's and Zach's 4th child, Jadon, was put in the NICU at birth for low oxygen levels. Yesterday a lung collapsed and he's now intubated. He's a full term baby. I can't help but wonder if being exposed to covid in utero might have contributed to his struggles now.

8 hours ago, sondraK said:

Yes,and all that canning and storing they do.They'd never run out of food

If there is one thing the Amish do, it is eat good. I'm sure most of them have gardens hence all the canning. They might not eat "light" food, but it would put meat on those kids bones in no time. 

• Love 8

JRod has new videos posted of them doing yard work.  Even the little girls now use the high-pitched, singsong voice when they’re videotaped saying “Hi”.  Sadie is still missing her two front teeth, and I don’t see any permanent teeth coming in.  It’s been months since she lost those teeth.

the picture of Gabriel trimming has me wondering if they built a shed or garage or something. the pics of their property when they purchased showed the neighbors garage/barn,  but it was not that close to the rod barndo

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

That Garden/graveyard is hideous.

The chair and white plastic bench look they were dragged out of the city dump.  And that's Tim's view out of the windows of his "home."  Hope he doesn't have too many nightmares.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The latest Bates addition, Whitney's and Zach's 4th child, Jadon, was put in the NICU at birth for low oxygen levels. Yesterday a lung collapsed and he's now intubated. He's a full term baby. I can't help but wonder if being exposed to covid in utero might have contributed to his struggles now.

Aren't chronic respiratory issues one of the lingering effects of covid? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

the picture of Gabriel trimming has me wondering if they built a shed or garage or something. the pics of their property when they purchased showed the neighbors garage/barn,  but it was not that close to the rod barndo

Based on the parcel lines shown on the real estate listing through Zillow, I think that building belongs to their neighbor but it sits right on the property line or slighlty encroaches on the Rodrigues property.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Not all Amish people have the same beliefs, any more than all (other) Christians or Jews or Muslims do. We shouldn't describe any religious group as if they're all the same. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Not all Amish people have the same beliefs, any more than all (other) Christians or Jews or Muslims do. We shouldn't describe any religious group as if they're all the same. 

Yeah my dad used to work at a grocery store in an area that had a lot of Amish people. He told me many of the Amish who came in there basically just bought shitloads of cheap beer and even cheaper hot dogs on the daily. I didn't quite believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. I'm not going to say they are representative of the Amish faith at large, but based on that, I'm a little hesitant to assume that all Amish people have an incredibly healthy diet. 

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

90490492-2A50-4CC7-8176-751872956C73.jpeg

They make him dress up like Jim Jones just to cut the lawn. Those lawn edgers can be really heavy too. I’m a grown woman but probably about the same height and weight as Gabriel and I had to get rid of my similar edger for a slightly less heavy one. I’m all for the kids doing chores, but I can’t imagine how hard it is to carry around heavy equipment with such a small malnourished frame.

ETA: My mistake. I think that’s Phillip dressed up like Jim Jones. My point stands though.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 12
50 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

The dust pile would look slightly better if they just dumped a couple of bags of mulch on it. 

That would mean purchasing mulch rather than finding random stepstools in the dump or wherever and turning them into "decorations".

• Love 4