Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh, my bad! I was sure it was TPOTC and Cavieziel. Same ugly bias applies. Not the right kind of Christian for Miss Cathy. 🙄

No worries! I think I'm the one who confused everybody by mentioning him when we initially discussed the tweet. LOL 

I noticed someone in Cathy's comments mentioned Caviezel and people in general tried to call her out for her attitude, but she didn't respond to anyone that I saw. 

• Love 3
Just now, Zella said:

No worries! I think I'm the one who confused everybody by mentioning him when we initially discussed the tweet. LOL 

I noticed someone in Cathy's comments mentioned Caviezel and people in general tried to call her out for her attitude, but she didn't respond to anyone that I saw. 

She tends to go scorched earth like Jessa, deleting and blocking. I'd be surprised if any of the dissenting posts are still there. And like mother like son...Derelict blocked me for a harmless statement of fact. This was before he took it down a thousand notches when he started law school. 😁

• Love 4
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She tends to go scorched earth like Jessa, deleting and blocking. I'd be surprised if any of the dissenting posts are still there. And like mother like son...Derelict blocked me for a harmless statement of fact. This was before he took it down a thousand notches when he started law school. 😁

I'm looking at the comments now, and most of them are critical. Maybe she just gave up. LOL 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, farmgal4 said:

JRod has videos posted of Phillip preaching at the tent meeting.  I can’t imagine having to listen to that for an hour.

I only could if I had plenty of wine 🤣🤣🤣 and chicken wings.

Tipsy Cookie is a fun cookie.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has videos posted of Phillip preaching at the tent meeting.  I can’t imagine having to listen to that for an hour.

Sadly, preaching is about the only profession the Rod boys have been even remotely prepared to do. I hope they can find some employment somewhere. A steady job is easier  than domestic missionary grifting. 

I can't listen to any of the Rods. Only David speaks in a voice that is close to normal, and he's completely forgettable. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Thankfully, it was only 27 minutes of repeated sentences and AMENs. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Thankfully, it was only 27 minutes of repeated sentences and AMENs. 🙄

What’s the deal with these preachers who say, “Amen?” at the end of every other sentence??

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Cathy apparently is also not aware that her brand of Christanity didn't exist then or even Catholic? Even what would become the Christian faith took awhile for everyone to figure out what that would be. I'll never stop being amazed at how little Cathy and rest of the Fundies know about their own faith.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Cathy apparently is also not aware that her brand of Christanity didn't exist then or even Catholic? Even what would become the Christian faith took awhile for everyone to figure out what that would be. I'll never stop being amazed at how little Cathy and rest of the Fundies know about their own faith.

There is a wisdom booklet out there somewhere that has a timeline of Christianity from Jesus to Martin Luther that explains how Christianity existed outside the Catholic church.  It is also batshit insane.  Some fundies cannot handle the thought that the Roman Catholic Church was the Christian Church from Peter to 1517.  This timeline includes many French and English sects that existed in that time period and all of them were somehow the "true church" that the RCC persecuted.  Think Cathars and Lollards.

I wish I had saved it.  This was something I found online.  I cannot remember if it was on the old TWOP boards or on Patheos.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

There is a wisdom booklet out there somewhere that has a timeline of Christianity from Jesus to Martin Luther that explains how Christianity existed outside the Catholic church.  It is also batshit insane.  Some fundies cannot handle the thought that the Roman Catholic Church was the Christian Church from Peter to 1517.  This timeline includes many French and English sects that existed in that time period and all of them were somehow the "true church" that the RCC persecuted.  Think Cathars and Lollards.

I wish I had saved it.  This was something I found online.  I cannot remember if it was on the old TWOP boards or on Patheos.  

I guess not. I really don't see what the big deal was. 

1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Jesus was Jewish by birth. And he could not have been a Christian, since the religion wasn’t invented until after his death. So Cathy is wrong about so many things.

She really is. It would take awhile for people to decide what Christianity would be. And that took awhile. There wasn't even an official source until Constantine and they decided what would and wouldn't be in the Bible. That was a few centuries later. Christanity has always been and still is constantly evolving.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I guess not. I really don't see what the big deal was. 

She really is. It would take awhile for people to decide what Christianity would be. And that took awhile. There wasn't even an official source until Constantine and they decided what would and wouldn't be in the Bible. That was a few centuries later. Christanity has always been and still is constantly evolving.  

I always say, Catholicism, despite its many flaws, kept Christianity alive. 

• Love 8
On 6/5/2021 at 3:43 PM, farmgal4 said:

Jim C is more of a Christ-follower than Cathy could ever be.  I did some research on Jim a few years ago and if anyone is going to Heaven, it’s him.  I have so much respect for him and would love to spend a few hours with him.  Where, exactly, did Cathy make the comment, because God has placed a few things on my heart that I need to say to her. 😡

He’s kinda gone full Q, which is a shame, POI is one of my favorite drama’s ever. I mean he’s not the only person I would have considered a decent person that’s fallen into it. . My parents are like a few handful of people in their church that have not fallen down the conspiracy theory trail. They feel like they don’t even know friends they have had of decades. It’s really baffling and sad. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Trillium said:

He’s kinda gone full Q, which is a shame, POI is one of my favorite drama’s ever. I mean he’s not the only person I would have considered a decent person that’s fallen into it. . My parents are like a few handful of people in their church that have not fallen down the conspiracy theory trail. They feel like they don’t even know friends they have had of decades. It’s really baffling and sad. 

Yeah he's fucking batshit crazy now. (And I was a big POI fan too!) That's actually why I wondered if there was an ulterior motive in her loudly complaining about someone else who is Catholic playing Jesus but not him. 

• Love 2

JRod has a new FB post with all of the R kids performing at the tent meeting.  It’s truly indescribable.  Everyone of those children are nothing more than Jill’s show ponies.  I wish I knew how to upload it here but if any of you could be kind enough to do so, I would greatly appreciate it.  It has to be seen to be believed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I finally figured out who JRod’s preacher son looks like:  Robin Gibb.  

RIP.  Compared to the other three brothers, Robin wasn't very attractive, yet he sang wonderfully.

32 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has a new FB post with all of the R kids performing at the tent meeting.  It’s truly indescribable.  Everyone of those children are nothing more than Jill’s show ponies.  I wish I knew how to upload it here but if any of you could be kind enough to do so, I would greatly appreciate it.  It has to be seen to be believed.

I'm not on FB.  Hopefully someone will post it.  Those poor children, being used by their (anything but) dear momma, to guilt kind people into giving Jilldo money, food, and whatever else grifting gets her.

• Love 3

As semi-official missionaries, do you think they give any money to the church? I can see their thinking they shouldn’t give the church any money. In which case they have showed up and taken over their local Ohio church and not contributed financially. Or maybe they think their children singing and preaching in church will bring in more offering? Just thinking aloud. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

As semi-official missionaries, do you think they give any money to the church?

I cannot believe that they have ever donated a penny to anyone, anywhere. To them being a "missionary" doesn't require giving money. It just means pestering total strangers to come to Jesus and "inspiring" the faithful through their singing and preaching.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I finally figured out who JRod’s preacher son looks like:  Robin Gibb.  

Please don't drag my talented, sweet, sexy Robin Gibb into this nightmare.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Normades said:

Please don't drag my talented, sweet, sexy Robin Gibb into this nightmare.  

I’m sorry.  I love Robin too, but Phillip’s face structure has always reminded me of someone, and it finally dawned on me who it was.  I mean no disrespect to Robin.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Not an issue for Jill anymore she really porked up! Eating out all the time on stimulus money. No more Plexus for mama!

Jill is not skinny, but looks to be a pretty average weight to me 🤷‍♀️

• Love 5

1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Just because you have a lot of children  it doesn’t necessarily make you the Von Trap family.

Ikr? I guess Jill's plan is dress them down,have them wail and holler,and ppl will throw money at you

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I cannot believe that they have ever donated a penny to anyone, anywhere. To them being a "missionary" doesn't require giving money. It just means pestering total strangers to come to Jesus and "inspiring" the faithful through their singing and preaching.

100% agree. No way no how Jill is letting $ out of her grubby, chubby hands. 

• Love 7

I saw today Gabby dropped out of performing at the CMT Awards tomorrow night due to “personal circumstances”. I hope the circumstance isn’t Punchable Aunt Cade pitching a fit because he’s the spouse of a star.

• Useful 5
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Hateful little bitch, isn’t she?

She should’ve married Pastor Steven Anderson.  They are two peas in a pod.  One is as hate-filled as the other.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

I saw today Gabby dropped out of performing at the CMT Awards tomorrow night due to “personal circumstances”. I hope the circumstance isn’t Punchable Aunt Cade pitching a fit because he’s the spouse of a star.

Cade's gonna totally fuck up her career. He's sexist, jealous and less talented. Even if Gabby pulling out of the CMT's isn't related to him, I don't see this playing out well in the future. 

• Love 20