Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m surprised they chose a picture where Janessa is sucking her thumb. 

Sofia is also a thumb/blanket sucker. 

Wonder if hunger is causing that thumb sucking?

I think it is a way of self soothing and comfort. With their lunatic parents I can see a child not getting the attention they need. 

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m surprised they chose a picture where Janessa is sucking her thumb. 

Sofia is also a thumb/blanket sucker. 

Wonder if hunger is causing that thumb sucking?

Maybe both hunger and stress. Growing up with such selfish, controlling parents must be awful. Jill probably approves of thumb sucking because it keeps the little ones looking babyish. At some point, I'm sure the habit gets "removed." 

55 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe both hunger and stress. Growing up with such selfish, controlling parents must be awful. Jill probably approves of thumb sucking because it keeps the little ones looking babyish. At some point, I'm sure the habit gets "removed." 

Sofia is still sucking on her thumb. She is 5-6? One of the videos she is not singing but sucking on the thumb. Wonder what her punishment was... 

41 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Sofia is still sucking on her thumb. She is 5-6? One of the videos she is not singing but sucking on the thumb. Wonder what her punishment was... 

No braces for you, Miss Sofia. You made that gap between your front teeth by sucking your thumb when you should have been singing. 

(edited)

Bates babies due this month:

• Whitney - Jayden Carl 
  • Josie - Hazel Sloane
  • Tori - Charlotte Raine

I could see Jessa naming a girl Hazel too.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

Interesting duggar adjacent, live in friend Elijah Kaneshiro has been in Hawaii. pic on his Instagram gives photo credit to ChaneyGrace which I think is the female who ditched Trace Bates. She also gives him video credit on a trip to Oregon. He seems to have left the TTH house and being "foreman at Duggar construction and is now just traveling.image.thumb.png.530dda39a8ecfad3bbaa475e7df36e05.png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

She's as phony as Meri Brown, aka once-upon-a-time HBIC of Sister Wives.

Jill's a phony in most ways, but she really is HBIC of her little world and nobody is going to mess with that. 

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Take off the filter and she looks her age haha/30 pounds heavier.

I read about an app that makes eyes look bigger in photos. I wonder if Jill is really bug-eyed or if technology is helping the look. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

7ACA6008-F75C-4757-AA11-B7C73E31B126.jpeg

8188B38B-E4F2-4BA6-BFDD-A892428830E9.jpeg

Didn’t think Jill made that much selling plexus 

I don't get it. She doesn't seem to run with a crowd that can afford to waste money on  expensive nonessentials like Plexus on a regular basis. I'm sure Jill does a hard sell and targets people who feel too embarrassed to refuse, but where do new recruits and customers come from? 

Why does Jill's pushing Plexus remind me of Lucille Ball's Vitameatavegamin commercial sketch? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

Jill's lying. I just read an article about MLMs. I think maybe in Good Housekeeping online. And... according to the article a post like JillR's is against federal regulations. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
(edited)
33 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

If she is making so much money, why does she need to grift? Why do her kids look like they are lucky to eat one meal a day? 

She's making what I made as a graduate assistant (between that 1,000 - 1,800 range per month). So it isn't a LOT of money, especially for a family of 14 (not counting Nurie, but counting Timmy). It's less than $24,000 a year. And we don't know how much David makes, but I can't imagine it's that much. 

Now if she was getting into the Ruby/Emerald range then yeah I would be calling bullshit on the need to grift.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's lying. I just read an article about MLMs. I think maybe in Good Housekeeping online. And... according to the article a post like JillR's is against federal regulations. 

Weird how none of these fundies seem to have an issue with lying on a regular basis. Is lying no longer a sin?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

The kids looking starving/neglected as usual. Buy vitamins so YOUR kids don’t look like that?!

196BE035-895C-4BB1-9FE6-C5C179D5C9C4.jpeg

Getting the child on the left shoes that fit her would be a good start.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Weird how none of these fundies seem to have an issue with lying on a regular basis. Is lying no longer a sin?

I think there's that book found only in the KJV where Jesus explains that it is blessed to lie to advance yourself.  It's other people lying that is a sin.

I believe that Jill has bragged about being a Gold Level salesperson.  According to the Plexus organization itself; the average annual income for that level is $12,276.  That is just below the federal poverty level for a single person household in the continental US which is $12,880.

ttps://media.plexusworldwide.com/cdn/FINAL-2015-Income-Disclosure-Statement.pdf

However, there is a bit of an asterisk on the Plexus income levels.  First, the salesperson has to achieve Ambassador status to even be counted in the levels.  Everyone else is called an 'associate' and Plexus doesn't report their income.  They do state that, in 2015, the average income for the entire operation, Ambassadors and Associates, was $111.  That's annually.  Also, another site reported that, in 2019, the average Plexus rep at the Ambassador level averaged $677 in income.  Only 0.5% of Ambassadors earned over $19,000.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Getting the child on the left shoes that fit her would be a good start.

I noticed that, and her dress looks too big.  They both look like ragamuffins.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I think there's that book found only in the KJV where Jesus explains that it is blessed to lie to advance yourself.  It's other people lying that is a sin.

Whattttt?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Don't the vast majority of MLM people lie about their income in order to trick people into joining?   I doubt she makes much at all.

Could be she is talking about her gross income, who knows what she nets. Plexus probably counts the rewards as income too, so every trinket or trip gets added into her “income” Plus she buys all that Plexus stuff to ingest so her income for groceries or other expenses is most likely minimal. Plus JillR is a lying liar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's a phony in most ways, but she really is HBIC of her little world and nobody is going to mess with that. 

I read about an app that makes eyes look bigger in photos. I wonder if Jill is really bug-eyed or if technology is helping the look. 

She’s bug-eyed in every old photo and YouTube video.

• Love 3
(edited)
39 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Could be she is talking about her gross income, who knows what she nets. Plexus probably counts the rewards as income too, so every trinket or trip gets added into her “income” Plus she buys all that Plexus stuff to ingest so her income for groceries or other expenses is most likely minimal. Plus JillR is a lying liar.

I have am positive that they receive and use  food stamps for most oF their groceries. And I’m fine with that. It’s the lying and hypocrisy I have issues with.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 8
(edited)

I doubt Jill is telling the whole truth. In addition to sales, she has to recruit in order to earn enough points to stay at her level. Apparently, there are fees too. If she ends up buying her own products to keep up her numbers, she may be putting in money that cuts into her profits. 

The top of Jill's up-line is making money. That person got in first.

Is that Sofia Janessa in Jill's pathetic Plexus ad? Someone needs to get the child's eyes checked, buy her shoes that fit, and comb her hair. 

Edited by BradandJanet
Poor waif pictured is Janessa, I think.
  • Love 11
On 6/3/2021 at 2:58 PM, BradandJanet said:

Horror Under an Old Fashion Tent: Grammars Revenge. Go for it Laurakaye. If you write it, we could have weekly book club discussions like Jeremy and Jinger do. 

It was a dark ‘n’ stormy night, and our God-fearin’ family was singing SPECIAL praises to the Lort to scare the devil out of the old-fashion [sic] tent. The audience was at the edge of they’re [sic] seats, ready to git up and banish the black sin of homo-sex-uuuu-ality that is a plague on are [sic] BLESSED United States of Murica. My SEVERELY disabled sister got up and shared her testimony—its [sic]the most AMAZING story and I hope you’re [sic] congregation will invite us sometime so I can tell the story and screech for you and eat you out of house and home <smile>

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, LilJen said:

It was a dark ‘n’ stormy night, and our God-fearin’ family was singing SPECIAL praises to the Lort to scare the devil out of the old-fashion [sic] tent. The audience was at the edge of they’re [sic] seats, ready to git up and banish the black sin of homo-sex-uuuu-ality that is a plague on are [sic] BLESSED United States of Murica. My SEVERELY disabled sister got up and shared her testimony—its [sic]the most AMAZING story and I hope you’re [sic] congregation will invite us sometime so I can tell the story and screech for you and eat you out of house and home <smile>

JillRod - you REALLY do read here, don’t you? I knew it!

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Don't the vast majority of MLM people lie about their income in order to trick people into joining?   I doubt she makes much at all.

Yes,I think it's just to make it look like Jill is working at something,and that they don't take all handouts

2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I have am positive that they receive and use  food stamps for most oF their groceries. And I’m fine with that. It’s the lying and hypocrisy I have issues with.

And not feeding the kids what they buy! It looks like David and Jill hog all the food

Edited by sondraK
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Whattttt?

Fundies like Jill do not see lying to regular people as a sin.  Lying to other Christians is a sin.  Christian meaning someone who is saved according to the tenets of Jill's form of Christianity.  Everyone else is an unclean heathen who needs saving.  So, in Jill's mind she can fudge the truth to her social media followers because she does not know if all of them are the right kind of Christian.   As long as she has one single hate follower, she can spin whatever story she wants to sell her Plexus.  She will also block you if you call her out on her hypocrisy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Fundies like Jill do not see lying to regular people as a sin.  Lying to other Christians is a sin.  Christian meaning someone who is saved according to the tenets of Jill's form of Christianity.  Everyone else is an unclean heathen who needs saving.  So, in Jill's mind she can fudge the truth to her social media followers because she does not know if all of them are the right kind of Christian.   As long as she has one single hate follower, she can spin whatever story she wants to sell her Plexus.  She will also block you if you call her out on her hypocrisy. 

She knows that the majority of her followers are people like you and me. I don't know exactly how many FB friends she has, but I know it's far fewer than her 11k IG followers. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Where does the KJV mention this about lying?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Where does the KJV mention this about lying?

Nowhere in the KJV does it say this.  But, Jill and others have a very loose interpretation of the word neighbor in the 9th commandment.   To them, its okay in Gods eyes to bear false witness to the unsaved especially if you are in the process of converting them.  Your neighbor means those who are saved in the correct way.  

Jill and everyone else we talk about in this thread claim they are bible believers meaning they take the whole KJV literally,  but they sure do interpret the hell out of it.  Other things not in the KJV, their belief that all homosexuals are bound straight to hell, the Sinner's Prayer (there is no right way to be saved in any version of the Bible), and their belief that women must always dress modestly because men cannot control their own urges.  In fact,  Jesus is very clear in placing the onus of that one on the men.  

• Love 20

You know, Cathy Byrum's comment about Jim Cavezial being a Catholic and portraying Jesus in that movie really irks me. I understand that she, INCORRECTLY, believes that Catholics are not Christians. It's called ACTING, Cathy and these are professional ACTORS. Does that mean that an actor portraying an ax murderer needs to actually be one in real life? Stupid woman and a stupid comment.

• Love 21
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

You know, Cathy Byrum's comment about Jim Cavezial being a Catholic and portraying Jesus in that movie really irks me. I understand that she, INCORRECTLY, believes that Catholics are not Christians. It's called ACTING, Cathy and these are professional ACTORS. Does that mean that an actor portraying an ax murderer needs to actually be one in real life? Stupid woman and a stupid comment.

If she goes far enough back in her family tree she would find Catholics.  Because ALL Christian denominations stem from the original Catholic Church. 🙄

This just pisses me off to no end.

• Love 18
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jim C is more of a Christ-follower than Cathy could ever be.  I did some research on Jim a few years ago and if anyone is going to Heaven, it’s him.  I have so much respect for him and would love to spend a few hours with him.  Where, exactly, did Cathy make the comment, because God has placed a few things on my heart that I need to say to her. 😡

• Love 10
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jim C is more of a Christ-follower than Cathy could ever be.  I did some research on Jim a few years ago and if anyone is going to Heaven, it’s him.  I have so much respect for him and would love to spend a few hours with him.  Where, exactly, did Cathy make the comment, because God has placed a few things on my heart that I need to say to her. 😡

Twitter. She'll block you for your trouble. 

• Love 2

I thought Cathy was bashing the actor who played Jesus on The Chosen, not Jim Caviezel. I was the one who wondered if she had ever said anything about Caviezel and assumed she probably hadn't because they likely share a lot of views, despite the difference in denomination. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I thought Cathy was bashing the actor who played Jesus on The Chosen, not Jim Caviezel. I was the one who wondered if she had ever said anything about Caviezel and assumed she probably hadn't because they likely share a lot of views, despite the difference in denomination. 

I'm 99% sure she cited The Passion of the Christ in her post, ie: I didn't realize the actor who played Jesus in TPOTC was Catholic!!!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm 99% sure she cited The Passion of the Christ in her post, ie: I didn't realize the actor who played Jesus in TPOTC was Catholic!!!

So, are there two separate posts she had a meltdown about? LOL Maybe she reads here and felt the need to respond to our debate.

This is the tweet I was aware of:

• Love 3