Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Is there a Memorial Day post from the Rods? I thought they'd start the day singing and praying to honor the men and women who gave their lives for their freedom. Jill must have also organized a traditional backyard cookout with veggies and dip, lots of barbecued chicken (grill chef Davy in charge), potato salad, slaw, baked beans, and chips for everyone. Apple and blueberry pies with ice cream for dessert. They might have even invited the generous Dingus family to join them. 

Maybe not, especially the food part. 

Before I read the last line I was wondering what you had been smoking.....

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

And you know that the "correct" Jesus is responsible for freedom, don't you? That would be the blue-eyed blonde haired one.

Yes, but even the "correct" Jesus would appreciate a meal, preferably one with wine. Self-centered Jill doesn't get the sharing part of the story. 

1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

Before I read the last line I was wondering what you had been smoking.....

Nah. It's been cold and rainy all weekend. I'm just bored and indulging my fantasies. I'm trying to imagine Jill as a real Christian. I'll be a rational person again tomorrow when I go back to work. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Yes, but even the "correct" Jesus would appreciate a meal, preferably one with wine. Self-centered Jill doesn't get the sharing part of the story. 

Jill would expect a miracle ala the loaves and the fish.... here I have this one small chicken leg from the Dingii and a few crusts from the one loaf of cheap white bread from Aldis...and then I can take your pic with a glass of pink plexus, but you can't drink it unless you buy a monthly supply....

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 10
26 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

ldis...and then I can take your pic with a glass of pink plexus, but you can't drink it unless you buy a monthly supply....

Edited 23 minutes ago by crazy8s

Why yes I can see Jill shake down Jesus and making him buy Plexus from her.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Is there a Memorial Day post from the Rods? I thought they'd start the day singing and praying to honor the men and women who gave their lives for their freedom. Jill must have also organized a traditional backyard cookout with veggies and dip, lots of barbecued chicken (grill chef Davy in charge), potato salad, slaw, baked beans, and chips for everyone. Apple and blueberry pies with ice cream for dessert. They might have even invited the generous Dingus family to join them. 

Maybe not, especially the food part. 

In twilight zone maybe.

More like the parents went out to eat and the kids stayed home eating left over tic tacs and 3 crackers Shrek dropped on the floor. 

I wonder if JillR wasn't able to book any church gigs so they could hit the road and be the guests of some church/minister over Memorial Day.  Because you know that if anyone had hosted them, she'd have plastered it all over social media while it was happening. 

I don't try to keep track of their movements - but have they not been traveling around quite as much lately as they have in years past? I mean, I know they head south in the winter. I just don't remember if they travel in spring and summer.

Do they just contact a church somewhere and propose that they visit, or let a church know they are planning to be in the area on X date and ask if they can show up and sing/preach at the congregation? I just wonder how those things are managed. Somehow I doubt that the Rods are deluged with requests from churches to come and visit, lol. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I wonder if JillR wasn't able to book any church gigs so they could hit the road and be the guests of some church/minister over Memorial Day.  Because you know that if anyone had hosted them, she'd have plastered it all over social media while it was happening. 

I don't try to keep track of their movements - but have they not been traveling around quite as much lately as they have in years past? I mean, I know they head south in the winter. I just don't remember if they travel in spring and summer.

Do they just contact a church somewhere and propose that they visit, or let a church know they are planning to be in the area on X date and ask if they can show up and sing/preach at the congregation? I just wonder how those things are managed. Somehow I doubt that the Rods are deluged with requests from churches to come and visit, lol. 

Yes,who'd want greedy Jill,knowing she always expects a hand out and a free meal for the entire family

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

David claimed that they were at a camp revival on Saturday, which was why he didn't reply to his mother's birthday greetings (both by phone and FB). 

Jill posted a Memorial Day vignette a couple of hours ago. She actually didn't preach for once.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

According to Laura's (Jana's BFF) last two IG pics she was in Indiana 6 weeks ago and is there now. There's no Mother's Day picture, which would have been in between the pictures she posted, so it seems she may have been at the TTH when the Josh thing went down.

Number one, I can't imagine being there then, and number two, how much do JB & M trust Laura?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/30/2021 at 12:26 AM, iwantcookies said:

721A715A-0258-4548-8FCA-B44F159B95DD.jpeg

7B3A95FD-B73D-4DE7-9F66-EBF4CC1B3E7B.jpeg

bet $5 they tipped $0 and Bible tract 

Imagine seeing that guy and using the word “energy” to describe anything about him. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I know that Laura is Jana's friend and has been around for awhile, but who exactly is she? Is her family fundy? Did she attend the same church(es) as the Duggars? 

I'm not really sure who Laura is. Her family is definitely not Fundy and I believe they're from Indiana.

The Duggars first show up on her IG feed in 2012, David Waller is on there, as well as Alyssa Bates and a few other Fundy families. Laura has something to do with Commit. Maybe she met some Duggars sisters at Journey to the Heart. Anyway from 2012 on up, the Duggars start filling her IG page. I think she's lived with the Duggars, on and off, for maybe the last 5 years.

I think she has a brother and sister and like I said, her family does not appear to be Fundy.

image.png.349ee69f8617c494dcb8d4cc50f643ff.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Laura also has works for/worked for Embassy Media with all the big names in the duggar world of fundy-ism

Embassy Media is the online media library of IBLP.

• Useful 5
15 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Looking at that picture from 2012, you have to wonder how many children those young women have popped out in nine years.  :(

Is that Jessa in the back row next to Jana? If so, three and counting. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I love the two girls who tried to jazz up their junior handmaid frocks with giant Peggy Bundy belts. I’m envisioning them being the rebels of the group and are both somewhere living their best child free lives.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Isn’t it supposed to be Old FashionED?

They need to update the family photo. 

They also need to update their designing skills. David can’t possibly get any other printing contracts other than the people who feel sorry for them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

FED4B314-73E8-49EE-9FE3-91F286AB2CC8.jpeg

854FC525-A68C-4524-A5A0-0D3981691072.jpeg

1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Isn’t it supposed to be Old FashionED?

They need to update the family photo. 

Ha! I was JUST writing this exact same comment when I saw yours! It’s “old fashioned.”

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill posted a series of the "old fashion" preaching. The guy was nothing special. In fact, he was pretty boring.

I clicked through her IG but muted the videos. Thanks for taking one for the team and listening to that. 

It seems that Jill didn't do her typical plastering of her insta with tons of selfies (alone and with others) and gushing posts about that revival, just posted all that video of the preacher - after the event.

I wonder if the host church had a serious no-video, no-cellphone, policy for the revival and for once Jilly couldn't get away with standing in the front row taking video of herself and the rest of the congregation?

Jill usually manages to squeeze a lot of social media content out of any gathering she attends, including church services. She's usually lavish with the photos of herself and other Rods with the preacher and preacher's wife, complete with gushing captions. 

Or, maybe she just didn't have good cell service at the revival. Maybe the flood of IG posts is yet to come now that they are, I suppose, home again. 

• Love 7

Jill isn't going to update the family photo because she is all about being the young mama of a bunch of kids.  Unless she can pose holding a baby, she isn't going to update the pic.  Maybe when Nurie delivers, Jill will grab the grandchild and pose for a family photo pretending she is still young enough to have a baby.

I think she also thinks that the passel of very small children in the photo is going to attract more people to their performance than a real life picture of a couple of young kids along with a bunch or gangly, awkward preteens and teens.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, CouchTater said:

That revival flyer looks like something from 1982:  graphics, Family Rodrigues and all!

1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

That flier looks like something a 5th grader made. It’s awful hence hilarious! 

I wonder if the marvelous Hunk David Rodrigues printed those. 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill posted a series of the "old fashion" preaching. The guy was nothing special. In fact, he was pretty boring.

I'm sure Jill's hair and makeup choices made up for the dull speaker.

16 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I bet there is a potluck at night after the last Service. That’s what the Rods look forward too. Free food!

Was that the kids' only meal for the day? Probably some church members felt sorry for the Rods and took them out to eat during the day. I can't see Jill parting with her love offerings and stimulus money to buy breakfast and lunch for her children. God has laid it upon her heart to buy new furniture and decorations for the barndo and to have more frequent date nights with her hunk. 

Edited by BradandJanet
verb tense consistency
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, CouchTater said:

That revival flyer looks like something from 1982:  graphics, Family Rodrigues and all!

I've read a couple of horror books that take place under a revival tent, and that flyer would make a perfect book cover. 😱

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Jill isn't going to update the family photo because she is all about being the young mama of a bunch of kids.  Unless she can pose holding a baby, she isn't going to update the pic.  Maybe when Nurie delivers, Jill will grab the grandchild and pose for a family photo pretending she is still young enough to have a baby.

You know she's going to do something like that. Or claim how many people think she's the mother of her grandchild.

• Love 5