Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Shrek hasn’t been that skinny since 1985... I know it’s a paper figurine but it’s not to scale. 

C61DD3E3-D288-47D5-8B9E-72E17F39BFD5.jpeg

52A20706-B0F2-4335-B6E1-F07A7ACC4A0E.jpeg

Is she wearing a purity ring?

09ED413C-ADBB-4AFF-8E85-AA3A3DC0DE69.jpeg

Sadie lost her front teeth MANY months ago.  I seriously think she’s so malnourished that she has no permanent teeth. 😢

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

423CBA70-BEA8-4459-9FB2-1BEC1B1E0980.jpeg

71B3A5B8-1C91-4BE5-8CDF-3A080DC788F3.jpeg

5BF602CA-8873-461D-BCF4-F56135548081.jpeg

1A5DBDB1-676C-42E9-9E09-EEEDEDAE7D85.jpeg

That’s just heartbreaking.  I’m 100% sure that I love and treat my 2 cats better than Fundie parents do with their own children.  They ought to be ashamed and embarrassed to admit to that on SM. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe its actually Priscilla's idea and a brilliant one at that. She tells David God laid it in her heart and she gets David's undistracted help with the kids for an hour and needs to make one less meal. 

I think David's response would be "Honey, it doesn't count unless God lays it on MY heart first!"

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

That dress is not doing Jill any favors. She looks pretty plump and like she has a black eye. 

She is rather plump ! She is gaining all the weight her kids are losing 😞

Jill always looks like a raccoon what else is new. 

She didn’t even take 1 kid with them to eat. Shouldn’t they all have celebrated Shrek’s birthday together? Pizza party at home perhaps. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Plexus is not working well for her.

Maybe she is taking fertility pills to get her miracle twins/triplets. Or she is already pregnant. Jill needs another baby friend/accessory to prove she is still capable of birthing kids. 

Todd/Tom/Toby need to be born soon! 

4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Sadie lost her front teeth MANY months ago.  I seriously think she’s so malnourished that she has no permanent teeth. 😢

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of adult teeth coming in there. It's just that she has inherited Shrek's tooth gap, and the space between those two teeth is about equal to the size of the teeth themselves. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s just heartbreaking.  I’m 100% sure that I love and treat my 2 cats better than Fundie parents do with their own children.  They ought to be ashamed and embarrassed to admit to that on SM. 

I think Peter is one now.Prissy should be pregnant again,any day now.If she isn't already.

She's about to surpass sister Anna in no. of kids.She's had them closer together than Anna.Esp. since it's likely Josh will get several years in prison,and Anna may be in perimeno/meno by the time he gets out.I'm not sure he'll get conjugal visits

Edited by sondraK
1 hour ago, sondraK said:

I think Peter is one now.Prissy should be pregnant again,any day now.If she isn't already.

She's about to surpass sister Anna in no. of kids.She's had them closer together than Anna.Esp. since it's likely Josh will get several years in prison,and Anna may be in perimeno/meno by then

Anna's still one kid ahead. She's pregnant with her seventh, Priscilla only has five. 

The real question is whether the Wallers can continue their boy-girl-boy-girl trend. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I saw the post started with "Babe" without noticing which thread I was in, instantly assumed it was from Jinger about Jeremy, and then experienced no small amount of cognitive dissonance while trying to figure out how Jeremy and Jinger had turned into Shrek and Jill Rod overnight. 🤣

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Zella said:

I saw the post started with "Babe" without noticing which thread I was in, instantly assumed it was from Jinger about Jeremy, and then experienced no small amount of cognitive dissonance while trying to figure out how Jeremy and Jinger had turned into Shrek and Jill Rod overnight. 🤣

Jinger worked through her raccoon eye phase in her late teens. 😂

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sondraK said:

She's about to surpass sister Anna in no. of kids.She's had them closer together than Anna.Esp. since it's likely Josh will get several years in prison,and Anna may be in perimeno/meno by the time he gets out.I'm not sure he'll get conjugal visits

There are no conjugal visits in federal prison. Conjugal visits are mostly a thing of the past.

Priscilla usually has longer spacing between kids. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

There are no conjugal visits in federal prison. Conjugal visits are mostly a thing of the past.

Priscilla usually has longer spacing between kids. 

Prissy has had her kids in even numbered years, Anna in odd. 

• Useful 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

Anna's still one kid ahead. She's pregnant with her seventh, Priscilla only has five. 

The real question is whether the Wallers can continue their boy-girl-boy-girl trend. 

Yes,her next one should be a girl,if so

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 1

The Duggar friend Sierra is making mugs and selling them. The mugs start at $29 and go up to $49. Apparently she has sold them all.

Maybe I'm cheap, but the mugs we drink out of cost anywhere between free and maybe $10. 

Are $50 mugs a thing in the real world?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggar friend Sierra is making mugs and selling them. The mugs start at $29 and go up to $49. Apparently she has sold them all.

Maybe I'm cheap, but the mugs we drink out of cost anywhere between free and maybe $10. 

Is she actually making them? I mean buying the clay, using a potters wheel and firing them in a klin? If so I can see the price. All the equipment to make them costs money and you need to may for your time, equipment and make a profit. If she is buying green ware , painting them and having them fired.. well maybe not $50.00 but still not cheap for her to do

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

By comparison, check out the artistry on this piece from Etsy. I bought my mom a mug from this seller and it’s stunning. And still less than what Sierra is charging!  

C4E0748A-C930-4567-9515-30E16D6955EF.jpeg

• Love 16
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Is she actually making them? I mean buying the clay, using a potters wheel and firing them in a klin? If so I can see the price. All the equipment to make them costs money and you need to may for your time, equipment and make a profit. If she is buying green ware , painting them and having them fired.. well maybe not $50.00 but still not cheap for her to do

Yes she is making them. Sierra took lessons at a small studio for a while and now teaches classes there. She makes them at the studio.

In addition to making a profit after costs, she'll want to pay herself for her time too. I'm just to practical of a person to spend $50 on a mug. A piece of art to hang on the wall or put on a shelf, yes, but not something I'd worry about breaking every time I used it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

She is making them from clay to finish. She’s really gotten into pottery. I think she knows the prices are a premium but it’s the only way she can make a profit, make the effort worthwhile. I assume the people buying are family, friends and supporters. I also assume those people won’t keep buying over and over again. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

It's good that she has a hobby, but there is no way in hell I'd pay that much for a mug.

My boss's husband is a potter who hand-makes mugs (has his own kiln and everything), and he charges about $10 a piece for them. I assume he's a lot faster and making them in greater quantity than she is, but I'm really curious how many she has actually sold at that price. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
(edited)
51 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes she is making them. Sierra took lessons at a small studio for a while and now teaches classes there. She makes them at the studio.

In addition to making a profit after costs, she'll want to pay herself for her time too. I'm just to practical of a person to spend $50 on a mug. A piece of art to hang on the wall or put on a shelf, yes, but not something I'd worry about breaking every time I used it. 

I completely understand her justification for her cost for her mugs, I just don't know what a purchaser's justification would be when there are so many other mug options for a fraction of the cost.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 18
7 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I completely understand her justification for her cost for her mugs, I just don't know what a purchaser's justification would be when there are so many other mug options for a fraction of the cost.

I agree. I put my coffee in an insulated travel mug, even if I'm at home, so it's not something I'd pay $50 for, even as a decorative piece. I have a feeling the people buying are doing so more to support Sierra than anything else. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I looked through her online store last night, and I could not believe that she had the audacity to charge that much money for a damn coffee mug.  She thinks she’s uber special, and I’m not kidding.  She, like JRod, thinks she’s fabulous.  If you don’t believe me, watch some of her IG stories.  It’s nauseating.

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I’d never pay $50 for a mug. 

The day I pay $50 for a mug is the day I’ll get tested for Alzheimer’s.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I guess there is a market for everything.  Personally  I would never spend that much on a mug, and although I think the pink and green one is pretty, it looks thick and heavy.  I prefer to drink out of thinner, lighter pottery.  

Better that she has a hobby she enjoys than popping out an eighth kid I guess.  But with 7 kids where does she find the time?  That seems like a fairly labor-intensive activity.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Zella said:

It's good that she has a hobby, but there is no way in hell I'd pay that much for a mug.

My boss's husband is a potter who hand-makes mugs (has his own kiln and everything), and he charges about $10 a piece for them. I assume he's a lot faster and making them in greater quantity than she is, but I'm really curious how many she has actually sold at that price. 

She's had 2 sales and I'd estimate the total number of mugs, bowls, and planters has been somewhere between 30-40, and it appears they've all sold (and sold fast).

Given the high prices, I tend to think her core supporters have bought these first items, but I just don't see the rapid sell-outs continuing. It'll be interesting to see. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Kbo said:

By comparison, check out the artistry on this piece from Etsy. I bought my mom a mug from this seller and it’s stunning. And still less than what Sierra is charging!  

C4E0748A-C930-4567-9515-30E16D6955EF.jpeg

If I didn't already have an abundance of cups, I would buy one like this.  I love dragonflies.

Sierra's prices seem high to me.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Given the high prices, I tend to think her core supporters have bought these first items, but I just don't see the rapid sell-outs continuing. It'll be interesting to see. 

I agree. I think her supporters threw her a bone to help a mom with seven kids, but will they be returning to spend $50+ each time a new round of stock comes out? I'm doubtful.

• Love 9

Is there a Memorial Day post from the Rods? I thought they'd start the day singing and praying to honor the men and women who gave their lives for their freedom. Jill must have also organized a traditional backyard cookout with veggies and dip, lots of barbecued chicken (grill chef Davy in charge), potato salad, slaw, baked beans, and chips for everyone. Apple and blueberry pies with ice cream for dessert. They might have even invited the generous Dingus family to join them. 

Maybe not, especially the food part. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Is there a Memorial Day post from the Rods? I thought they'd start the day singing and praying to honor the men and women who gave their lives for their freedom. Jill must have also organized a traditional backyard cookout with veggies and dip, lots of barbecued chicken (grill chef Davy in charge), potato salad, slaw, baked beans, and chips for everyone. Apple and blueberry pies with ice cream for dessert. They might have even invited the generous Dingus family to join them. 

I think I just choked on this post... for many reasons!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

If only Jill were that generous!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sondraK said:

If only Jill were that generous!

The idea Jill would spend money to celebrate and feed people she supposedly loves rather than to buy a grandfather clock, hair extensions, or a vacation for herself is rather ridiculous. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12