Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Does Nurie still not have her own social media presence (or even one with Nathan)? 

If she does, it must be private. We only see what JillR shares. Which fits the “best mama ever” narrative that JillR needs. Nurie and Nathan probably don’t care about SM at all. I think Nathan preached against it, JillR linked it, she probably figures she’s exempt.

Edited by ozziemom
Forgot Nurie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
27 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

BC46C6CA-7CAF-41CD-8169-193A16612ABA.jpeg

The decorations are going to be super tacky 😁

And not enough food

I'm sure she will use some of the women's retreat stuff, maybe even a few pieces from her "garden". 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

If she does, it must be private. We only see what JillR shares. Which fits the “best mama ever” narrative that JillR needs. Nathan probably don’t care about SM at all. I think Nathan preached against it, JillR linked it, she probably figures she’s exempt.

You’re probably right. What are the chances that Jill gets permission from Nurie before posting? It probably doesn’t even occur to her to ask, she’s so used to doing whatever she wants.

• Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

20 weeks pregnant 

580EEE55-FCAA-43B8-9C2B-83CB4F9082F8.jpeg

She looks healthy. Her arms aren't stick thin. Sure she hardly looks pregnant but she doesn't look emaciated anymore. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 15

Maybe Sofia can go and live in Florida as a sister mom... Sofia can gain some weight and actually look like she isn’t dying from starvation...

Save Sofia.

She is the most pitiful looking Rod child. 

Jill and David are awful parents.

• Love 4
(edited)

I just had this strange (but very real) urge to buy a gift for Nurthan's baby.  If Nathan and Nurie shared a registry link I would totally purchase something for them.  Only if it was posted on anyone's SM other than Jill's, and was being shipped directly to them.  I don't know why, but I want these 2 crazy kids to break free and "make it!"  Along the 12 other Rod kids.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 14
19 hours ago, Temperance said:

Josie Bates Balka is going to be induced soon at 37 weeks. Evidently there have been some complications and there is need to induce early.

Where did you see this info?

How far a long is she now?  

Hope the baby is Okay.  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

I just had this strange (but very real) urge to buy a gift for Nurthan's baby.  If Nathan and Nurie shared a registry link I would totally purchase something for them.  Only if it was posted on anyone's SM other than Jill's, and was being shipped directly to them.  I don't know why, but I want these 2 crazy kids to break free and "make it!"  Along the 12 other Rod kids.

Me,too.And I can totally see Nurie using Best Momma's name somehow,although hopefully it'll be her middle name,if it's a girl

1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

Edited by sondraK
56 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Hope the baby is Okay.  

She posted in her stories. None of her sisters with the clotting disorder have gone to 40 weeks. All of Erin's were born around 36-37 weeks. It doesn't surprise me that they're inducing early. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She posted in her stories. None of her sisters with the clotting disorder have gone to 40 weeks. All of Erin's were born around 36-37 weeks. It doesn't surprise me that they're inducing early. 

I think Josie has been going to the doctors every week for awhile, so they seem to be monitoring her closely. Does Carlin or Tori have the clotting disorder? Alyssa doesn’t IIRC.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

OK thank you.  I guess I missed that story.  I do tend to fast forward through their content pretty quickly sometimes.  

24 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I hope Nurie and Nathan find out the sex first and inadvertently tell Suzette by referring to the baby as he or she, and then Suzette tells Jill before the party.

That would make me so happy to see JillyRod’s head explode 🤯

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Jill, it’s a sex reveal, not a gender reveal.

An apparent genital reveal, really. Or I suppose if you had an amniocentesis or other testing, chromosomal sex, but most people just base it on an ultrasound. Which can be inaccurate!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

She looks healthy. Her arms aren't stick thin. Sure she hardly looks pregnant but she doesn't look emaciated anymore. 

Definitely looks better. EXCEPT FOR THE EYEBROW REVERSION. Her eyebrows were looking so blessedly normal. I suppose it couldn’t last...

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Triple P said:

I hope Nurie and Nathan find out the sex first and inadvertently tell Suzette by referring to the baby as he or she, and then Suzette tells Jill before the party.

I hope Suzette went with her to the reveal appt and already knows!

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I think Josie has been going to the doctors every week for awhile, so they seem to be monitoring her closely. Does Carlin or Tori have the clotting disorder? Alyssa doesn’t IIRC.

Both Carlin and Tori have it. 

4 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

Hope the baby is Okay.  

I saw this info on another site. 

I'm not sure how far long she is. 

I hope she and the baby are okay. I hope the realization that pregnancy has health repercussions gets her and her husband to think about options to slow/stop the baby train.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I hope she and the baby are okay. I hope the realization that pregnancy has health repercussions gets her and her husband to think about options to slow/stop the baby train.

Her post wasn't crystal clear on details, but it appears that the induction will take place in about 2 weeks. She was due at the end of June, so that makes sense.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Autocorrect strikes again!
  • Useful 2
On 5/24/2021 at 3:47 PM, skatelady said:

My first thought was "circus clown". Imagine big shoes and a red nose - dontcha see it?!?!

The first thing I thought of was Herb Tarlek from WKRP in Cincinnati...

herb_tarlek.jpg

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The first thing I thought of was Herb Tarlek from WKRP in Cincinnati...

I see it, but at least Herb's suit fit him.  I hate this trend of too tight suits for men.  I just don't get why wearing ill fitting clothing is trendy.  I guess I'm old. 

Now, get off my lawn!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Triple P said:

Nurie to MAMA: come feel little Susie Michelle kick? Oops... it is a girl MAMA!

• LOL 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Normades said:

I see it, but at least Herb's suit fit him.  I hate this trend of too tight suits for men.  I just don't get why wearing ill fitting clothing is trendy.  I guess I'm old. 

Now, get off my lawn!!

Is it really trendy? I feel like it's probably more born out of ineptness/cheapness than trend. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Is it really trendy? I feel like it's probably more born out of ineptness/cheapness than trend. 

Yes, it's a trend, but fortunately it's starting to die out.  Of course the fundies are behind on the trend, so they're all in with it.  I think it was started by a designer named Thom Browne. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
Just now, Normades said:

Yes, it's a trend, but fortunately it's starting to die out.  Of course the fundies are behind on the trend, so they're all in with it.  I think it was started by a designer named Thom Browne. 

Yikes! I can't even imagine wanting to do that willingly. I mean, I've combatted my fair share of ill-fitting clothes, and feeling like you can't move your arms or that you are about one wrong move away from a wardrobe malfunction is not something I'd voluntarily sign up for. LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
50 minutes ago, Normades said:

But, if you look at Thom Browne's stuff, the pieces actually fit; it's just that it looks like the wearer has outgrown the outfit with the sleeves and pantlegs being too short.  The rest of the suit is tailored properly.

Thom.jpg

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

didn't she post a couple of weeks ago that they had been concerned about some things with the baby & she had gone in for additional test & they had come back good...or am I confusing her with someone else ;) lol 

• Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

didn't she post a couple of weeks ago that they had been concerned about some things with the baby & she had gone in for additional test & they had come back good...or am I confusing her with someone else ;) lol 

Yes she did.  She did not specify exactly what they were worried about (not that she was obligated to do so).  Still, it annoys me when they allude to "issues" and then clam up. In that case just don't say anything at all. 

I don't get the close fit suit trend either.  They don't work for guys who are muscular.  My son plays hockey and has thighs like a speed skater.  The skinny pant legs tend to ride up.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Normades said:

I agree it’s tacky, but some women have been wearing too tight clothing for years, so I guess the men are finally catching up 🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Temperance said:

Of all people, Kelton Balka should understand or at least conceptualize the risks of pregnancy and childbirth. But I doubt he has the brains to do so. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, I remembered that 15 was Build a Bear year. Looks like he escaped.

I thought 14 was the Build a Bear year. I really messed that one up. Glad he received some food and the bare minimum attention.

(edited)
22 minutes ago, SMama said:

I thought 14 was the Build a Bear year. I really messed that one up. Glad he received some food and the bare minimum attention.

14 is meal at the mall. I guess Gabriel is getting his a year late since Covid had shut everything down this time last year.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

14 is meal at the mall. I guess Gabriel is getting his a year late since Covid had shut everything down this time last year.

Oh, so then NEXT year is the Build-a-Bear thing? Just what every 16 year old boy wants.🙄

• LOL 1