Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I have no doubt Jill is praying for this as we speak.  Being a Grandma isn't attention grabbing enough for our Jill.  Having her own baby who is YOUNGER than her grandchild?  Having people mistake Jill and Nurie as sisters since they will have kids about the same age?  That's Jill's sweet spot.

I wonder how long she'll be in that sweet spot when people constantly mistake BabyRod for her grandchild and assume either Renee or Kaylee is its mom.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m shocked Jilldo didn’t buy a kitchen aid mixer. 

Who cleans the grandfather clock??? Sofia? 

My mom wanted one for Xmas and I bought her one. I was the bestest daughter ever. 

Speaking of mixers, what is the name of the one Joy has?  I've never seen it before, but I like the design.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

I wonder how long she'll be in that sweet spot when people constantly mistake BabyRod for her grandchild and assume either Renee or Kaylee is its mom.

Our kids came in our early 40's. We were usually mistaken as grandparents. I hate to think of how we are viewed now that they are grown. 

Distant Grandma Jill is better than Failed Momma Jill. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

They're swimming in their clothes! What the heck???? I think the Rod parents, with all of their stimulus checks, could have done a better job with a 'pool' for their underprivileged children...like a real, filtered 4 foot above ground one. More than sad to say the least. Those wet clothes shows just how skinny and undernourished those children are under those ugly rags.

Seriously! We did NOT have money growing up, but my parents got my brother and I a three foot above ground when I was about 9. It was amazing, and the amount of fun it gave us all summer was worth the scrimping they did to buy it.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Our kids came in our early 40's. We were usually mistaken as grandparents. I hate to think of how we are viewed now that they are grown. 

Distant Grandma Jill is better than Failed Momma Jill. 

Back when I was pregnant with Jynlet #2, my parents lived with us for a while while they were having a house built a couple of towns over. I remember taking an evening stroll with my dad (I would have been about 7 or 8 months along), and he made the comment that he figured any car passing us would have been pretty impressed that he'd managed to nab such a young chick (or however exactly he phrased it in Polish). Dear old Dad...his sense of humor was frequently rather cringy!

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

They carry the babies, so it wouldn't be a bad guess.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Back when I was pregnant with Jynlet #2, my parents lived with us for a while while they were having a house built a couple of towns over. I remember taking an evening stroll with my dad (I would have been about 7 or 8 months along), and he made the comment that he figured any car passing us would have been pretty impressed that he'd managed to nab such a young chick (or however exactly he phrased it in Polish). Dear old Dad...his sense of humor was frequently rather cringy!

My dad came to the hospital to pick me up after I had my son.The orderly pushing me out whispered, "Is that your father?" LOL.

He also took me to the Dr,and upon leaving once,I heard the staff talking about the show Northern Exposure,where the young girl has an older bf.I figured I must've prompted that conversation.LOL

• LOL 10
On 5/23/2021 at 12:47 AM, marypat57 said:

I didn’t know whether to put this in Small Talk or Sweet Fellowship, but because it does have something in common with our dear JillRod, I put it here.  (Mods, please let me know if it’s not ok).

Last night, I was reading one of my favorite supermarket checkout magazines—not the celebrity gossip ones—you know, this is the one with a different diet on the cover each week.  I came to a story about a woman who claimed that she made $40,000 a year selling “nutritional supplements “ that contained incredible ingredients that “solved” her gut health problems.  She also gets “generous commissions and bonuses “, and is now an “ambassador” for this company, so she can share this product line with others.

I leave it to your imagination to come up with the product name (don’t think I can name it here—can I?}

Ha-I read that too and thought of J-Rod. 

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

This is the greatest thing I’ve ever heard. 🤣 God bless his cringy sense of humor!

• LOL 4
10 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So Nate Bates is finally engaged! Based on IG it was apparently a three day event over three cities, 🤮🤮🤮

I saw the engagement photos. Esther looked really pretty and I loved her dress. Nathan needs to get his butt in the gym. I don't know what he does all day.

• Love 9

Nathan is not as pretty as his brothers.  That too tight checkered suit kinda gives him a used car salesman vibe. Not sure what she sees in him- isn’t he a bit nasty personality- wise too?  

That was quite the elaborate proposal- too bad it was so windy.  Saw cameras so I guess UP paid.  What exactly does Nathan do for a living besides travel around ?

• Love 4
Just now, 3 is enough said:

Nathan is not as pretty as his brothers.  That too tight checkered suit kinda gives him a used car salesman vibe. Not sure what she sees in him- isn’t he a bit nasty personality- wise too?  

That was quite the elaborate proposal- too bad it was so windy.  Saw cameras so I guess UP paid.  What exactly does Nathan do for a living besides travel around ?

Yes, the Bates good looks seems to have skipped over him. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Yes he is. He also weird flips out over women's hair and said he'd be completely honest if a woman doesn't look good. He'd tell her. Hope Esther enjoys hearing that and always has the "right" hair. Whatever that is.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I saw the engagement photos. Esther looked really pretty and I loved her dress. Nathan needs to get his butt in the gym. I don't know what he does all day.

Eat???? I will see myself to the prayer closet!

• LOL 17
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

I think checkered suits and close fit are popular among conservative men right now (see: a certain congressmen from Florida who's under federal investigation). It certainly isn't doing Big Butt Bates any favors. (Can that be his new snark nickname, please?) 

Wasn't Zach engaged and almost married (not just courting) once, before Whitney? This couple should remember that and not count it until Gil says "I now pronounce you man and wife." 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

They danced to an Ed Sheeran song, Carlin opened the door to dancing. How are Gil and Kelly going to explain their hypocrisy. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with dancing after a proposal, or before, or as friends. It would be nice if G&K dropped the act. Lawson, your turn now, how are you going to one up your brother? JK.

Edited by SMama
Typo
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SMama said:

They danced to an Ed Sheehan song, Carlin opened the door to dancing. How are Gil and Kelly going to explain their hypocrisy. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with dancing after a proposal, or before, or as friends. It would be nice if G&K dropped the act. Lawson, your turn now, how are you going to one up your brother? JK.

Here's some video of the dancing. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CPRD2vunef2/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I watched the dancing on Carlin’s Insta story, she did not include Nathan lifting Esther up. Nathan defínately got very close to her bosom. 😂 They look cute, as it should be. Those two have kissed. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

My first thought was "circus clown". Imagine big shoes and a red nose - dontcha see it?!?!

• LOL 17
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder if they'll sneak their wedding in before Katie's in December? Typical fundie engagement puts them at the end of August into September. Labor Day weekend?

Is Katie wedding confirmed as December? I saw a couple of Bates hinting that the wedding was in 2021 but giggle giggle, they weren’t allowed to disclose actual date. I guess fundies enjoy being secretive about such things, not really sure why.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Is Katie wedding confirmed as December? I saw a couple of Bates hinting that the wedding was in 2021 but giggle giggle, they weren’t allowed to disclose actual date. I guess fundies enjoy being secretive about such things, not really sure why.

Yes, Katie confirmed December on IG (probably a story, I don't remember now). But she didn't give a specific date.

• Love 1