Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, sondraK said:

The kids little girls never wear appropriate clothing for anything

FTFY

The older girls have clothes that are outdated, but they fit. The boys all have nice church clothes and their clothes fit. The little girls always look like they belong in a Dickens novel.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Was that a football? It looked like a giant, very cheap, chocolate Easter egg. 

It's best not to speak in the Rodrigues household. An unapproved opinion or observation might get you physically punished. Best Momma will tell you what to memorize and repeat. I think Janessa is smart to know this already at her age. 

It's a football. Maybe they told her that it was the prize egg in the Easter egg hunt. Her dress appears to be what used to be called a pinafore. Bit it's too long. In a video that Jill posted on her Facebook page the chid is running in this dress and tripping.  In warmer weather it could be worn without a shirt under it or at least a short sleeve shirt. Ok I know this would not be allowed not modest enough for this gang.  I always think when I see these children even some of the older ones that they go to a thrift store that has barrels of clothes and they just pull whatever out and stuff the into a grocery bag for which they are charged by the pound or even better, a dollar a bag.  

• Love 5

The thing about the septic tank capacity is that they actually have to be home enough of the year to overflow the capacity.  Every other week grifting trips keep the volume of physical crap down (no comment on their metaphorical crap volume).  Also if you don't feed your kids so much, they don't poop so much. 

In all seriousness, it's going to be an issue eventually, I was just struck by how the poor parenting could actually delay the issue in this case.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

You'd think it would be extremely distracting to not only David but the other parishioners to have "Jilly" snapping pic after pic while he's trying to preach a sermon.  I doubt she even listens to what he says, what with her taking eleventy-thousand pictures of him attempting to capture the perfect combo of "serious preacher man" and "hot hunk o' hubby." 

Every picture is actually a video.  From what I can tell, she videos most, if not all, of Shrek’s, Phillip’s, Sammer’s, and Timmy’s sermons.  She’s also videoed Nathan, her pastor and various others who were preaching.  I’m almost certain that Jesus doesn’t like for people to have their phones out during church services.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
Just now, farmgal4 said:

Every picture is actually a video.  From what I can tell, she videos most, if not all, of Shrek’s, Phillip’s, Sammer’s, and Timmy’s sermons.  She’s also videoed Nathan, her pastor and various others who were preaching.  I’m almost certain that Jesus doesn’t like for people to have their phones out during church services.

I truly don’t understand how this is acceptable at their church! I cannot even imagine doing this. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

It's a football. Maybe they told her that it was the prize egg in the Easter egg hunt. Her dress appears to be what used to be called a pinafore. Bit it's too long. In a video that Jill posted on her Facebook page the chid is running in this dress and tripping.  In warmer weather it could be worn without a shirt under it or at least a short sleeve shirt. Ok I know this would not be allowed not modest enough for this gang.  I always think when I see these children even some of the older ones that they go to a thrift store that has barrels of clothes and they just pull whatever out and stuff the into a grocery bag for which they are charged by the pound or even better, a dollar a bag.  

I suspect Janessa was tripping because her shoes don’t fit.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

In a video that Jill posted on her Facebook page the chid is running in this dress and tripping.  In warmer weather it could be worn without a shirt under it or at least a short sleeve shirt. Ok I know this would not be allowed not modest enough for this gang.  I always think when I see these children even some of the older ones that they go to a thrift store that has barrels of clothes and they just pull whatever out and stuff the into a grocery bag for which they are charged by the pound or even better, a dollar a bag.  

Another thing that irks me about Jill is she never matches the shirts the little girls wear under their dresses with the dress. I swear the little ones just have a box in their closet and whatever they pull out is what they wear.

2 hours ago, Nysha said:

FTFY

The older girls have clothes that are outdated, but they fit. The boys all have nice church clothes and their clothes fit. The little girls always look like they belong in a Dickens novel.

Ikr.The girls on Little House on the Prairie wore better dresses than this gang

• Love 15

Also, in the video of Janessa in the white dress/black t-shirt combo, she trips and falls.  Jill says something under her breath like, "Uh oh.  That's not good in that nice dress."  Meanwhile, that dress looks like something I would have found in an old trunk in the attic or Goodwill donation bag as a kid and worn for make-believe/dress-up.

Jill's sense of fashion, nice things, normal things...all the things, is really bizarre and not sane.  Those poor kids.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Jill says something under her breath like, "Uh oh.  That's not good in that nice dress." 

As she laughs about her falling. 🤦‍♀️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peppergal said:

The thing about the septic tank capacity is that they actually have to be home enough of the year to overflow the capacity.  Every other week grifting trips keep the volume of physical crap down (no comment on their metaphorical crap volume).  Also if you don't feed your kids so much, they don't poop so much. 

In all seriousness, it's going to be an issue eventually, I was just struck by how the poor parenting could actually delay the issue in this case.

At home, Jill and David probably have the kids on a posted poop schedule of every other day. Otherwise, they can use church bathrooms. Emergencies go to the Dinguses' house. 

They must be on a shower schedule too. That water heater in the print shop is small, and Jill's water heater probably exists just to fill her personal jetted tub. 

21 hours ago, Portia said:

When she goes on and on about him I can't help but wonder...is she really still that physically attracted to him? Because that is possible despite his looks. But when she's so performative about her HOTT marriage, I get the sense this is just her being a dutiful Christian wife. Still, I wonder. Sorry--next round of brain bleach is on me. 

I just  watched the video with Janessa and the football and found it so disturbing. On a positive note, it looks like she can walk, but does the child talk? Her silence was eerie to me, and I also thought she seemed to respond to directions quite slowly. 

Yes, Janessa talks normally for her age.  I’ve watched every video that Jill has ever posted of Janessa, and I’ve noticed no deficits, no handicaps, nothing that would even hint that there was something  wrong with the child.  IMO either Jill lied about Janessa’s condition or maybe God truly did miraculously heal her.

14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

At home, Jill and David probably have the kids on a posted poop schedule of every other day. Otherwise, they can use church bathrooms. Emergencies go to the Dinguses' house. 

They must be on a shower schedule too. That water heater in the print shop is small, and Jill's water heater probably exists just to fill her personal jetted tub. 

Once again I don’t know whether to laugh or cry after reading this.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yes, Janessa talks normally for her age.  I’ve watched every video that Jill has ever posted of Janessa, and I’ve noticed no deficits, no handicaps, nothing that would even hint that there was something  wrong with the child.  IMO either Jill lied about Janessa’s condition or maybe God truly did miraculously heal her.

Janessa seems  to only speak on command, at least in the videos I've seen.  I don't think I've ever seen a video where she's just babbling on like a kid her age is likely to do.  But then again, I'd probably say the same about all the kids.  They're all just trained seals performing for their mama, I guess.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Another thing that irks me about Jill is she never matches the shirts the little girls wear under their dresses with the dress. I swear the little ones just have a box in their closet and whatever they pull out is what they wear.

Yes, if the shirt was at least a pastel color it would look a little bit better. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, if the shirt was at least a pastel color it would look a little bit better. 

Janessa had to wear a black undershirt regardless of how it looked, because Jill made the entire family wear black and white that day.  Can you imagine being controlled to the point that you can’t even choose your own clothing?  Jill’s a narcissistic control freak, among other things that I won’t mention right now because blood pressure. 🤬

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Janessa had to wear a black undershirt regardless of how it looked, because Jill made the entire family wear black and white that day.  Can you imagine being controlled to the point that you can’t even choose your own clothing?  Jill’s a narcissistic control freak, among other things that I won’t mention right now because blood pressure. 🤬

Then she should have made sure to get her a cute black and white dress. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Jill said in the video it was "black and white" day.  The sister-mom also shown in the video was wearing a black and white dress.  I guess that is another way Jill expresses "fun" in her family, having theme dress days.  

• Love 3

Re: ill-fitting dresses

They are dresses, usually long shift dresses. On little waifs. How hard can it be to find something to fit?! That should be the easiest to fit! Plus it’s so weird how the undershirts are always contrasting, and not in a good way. Jill is either actively making them look disheveled, or actively neglecting them. I don’t think they are merely slipping through the cracks.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

They are dresses, usually long shift dresses. On little waifs. How hard can it be to find something to fit?! That should be the easiest to fit! Plus it’s so weird how the undershirts are always contrasting, and not in a good way. Jill is either actively making them look disheveled, or actively neglecting them. I don’t think they are merely slipping through the cracks.

Or even sew?  She could totally make dresses for the little girls especially (a la the Duggars circa 2005, maybe).

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I really don’t think Jill dresses the younger girls. That task falls on their older sisters and brothers who have to pick whatever is available from the likely donated pile of clothes and get their sisters ready for yet another day of church.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

Or even sew?  She could totally make dresses for the little girls especially (a la the Duggars circa 2005, maybe).

The shift dresses she prefers are so easy even Tessie could sew one or two for each little girl for Home Ec class.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Can’t be a martyr about modesty if you don’t ensure everyone sees how modest you are.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Good God, you are right! At least Michelle made them and while not stylish, they sure beat what these kids are wearing!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Nurie used to make dresses for her sisters and they weren't that great.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

The shift dresses she prefers are so easy even Tessie could sew one or two for each little girl for Home Ec class.

Sorry. The Rodrigues Family Academy cannot take time out of Bible tract folding, envelope stuffing, and tchotchke dusting to add practical subjects like sewing to the curriculum.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

Just looking at this pic again, on Reddit.  It strikes me as so odd (well, odd for most of us) that the littlest littles are sitting as far away from their mama as possible.  Why would the baby be at the opposite end of the table from her mom and oldest sisters, especially considering that she really does seem to be treated as a baby who is barely allowed to walk or stand on her own.  Weird.

Rods.png

• Love 11
1 hour ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Can’t be a martyr about modesty if you don’t ensure everyone sees how modest you are.

And if the Rod girls wore dresses that fit, it would lower their chances of grifting.  Hard to get the kids new shoes for free when they are wearing the correct size.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

5CD99827-B3BB-4EF7-981A-D8F8F3FC9709.jpeg

D853D2C7-B401-471E-8879-12442A4099F4.jpeg

0B4DBD74-C255-490D-88AB-85FE332D865C.jpeg

The recipe says not to add red food coloring to the sugar water mix.I guess Jill didn't read the recipe.Or maybe hunky hub will think it's juice again.lol

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

She preaches so much about modesty, I’m trying to understand how this crop type/tied around her bosom shirt fits that definition ?

8137AC98-7BC9-49E2-B320-C6F38B3E986D.jpeg

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jill Rahdrigues, if you read here, I love your humor.  Thank you @ginger90 for bringing us her posts.

To the real, nasty ass Jill R:  you're an idiot.  I hope you read here, too.

Just to toot the right horn, I think it's @iwantcookies who usually shares the Rahdrigues posts. Toot toot! 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I left out the last part of this post on purpose, if anyone else saw it, just thought I’d make that clear.

A70EC873-09A2-444B-A392-ADA7779765A5.jpeg

I reported her for False Information, Health.  I didn’t want to touch her last comment, likening wearing masks to wearing the Star of David under the Axis powers during WWII. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

I reported her for False Information, Health.  I didn’t want to touch her last comment, likening wearing masks to wearing the Star of David under the Axis powers during WWII. 

I see Jill missed the point of the CDC announcement. Vaccinated people don't have to wear masks. I seriously doubt that JillR is vaccinated. 

• Love 24
6 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Just to toot the right horn, I think it's @iwantcookies who usually shares the Rahdrigues posts. Toot toot! 🙂

7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jill Rahdrigues, if you read here, I love your humor.  Thank you @ginger90 for bringing us her posts.

To the real, nasty ass Jill R:  you're an idiot.  I hope you read here, too.

Ginger is the best she posts everything! I just post fake Jill posts. Whoever that is they are hilarious!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

The fact that she brought fucking WWII into this has me enraged.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I doubt any of the Rod kids are vaccinated against anything. 

I'm sure the excuse she'll use for that is"I didn't wear a mask once and I didn't get sick so why get vaccinated?"

• Love 1
4 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I'm a little surprised the fundie community didn't embrace masks as a higher form of modesty. Hard to sneak a kiss while courting if you have a mask on.

THANK YOU!  That would have been my retort to her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3