Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

That aquarium should not be sitting on a bookcase shelf like that.  Water is heavy, and that shelf cannot hold that much weight for very long.  That is going to fall and hurt someone---and the fish and snails.  Aquariums should be on an aquarium stand that is built for the weight and accessibility.  Those shelves appear to be adjustable, which are not for holding that kind of weight.

• Love 19

the garden is really begging for a night time pic of sadie, sophia and maybe phillip. with laterns or candles or some such. zombies in the garden.

I am calling it the septic field garden - they must have grifted a new one by now since they added 2 full baths to the barndo. maybe they had extra grifted gravel to spread on top. forget about science there y'all

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

A garden after a storm? An obstacle course for squirrel trainings?

And are their trees trying to escape? I mean I know I would if I were a Rod tree, but why do they fence the trees in? 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Someone mentioned her or elsewhere that they wondered if he is an avid "faster" for God, going beyond what most people would do. 

I’ve been saying that for months.  

• Love 2
On 5/11/2021 at 9:41 AM, louannems said:

I hate the fact that Jill's barndo is stuffed full of all her ugly knickknacks, and her closet is stuffed full of all her gifted stuffed animals.  But there is no evidence anywhere that 13(!!!) kids have lived in any of Jill's houses.  No toys!

When I had little kids, I didn't have much in the way of decorations because there were toys everywhere.

Wow, I’ve never thought about it, but you’re right!  The only toys I’ve ever seen were a couple of small stuffed animals/dolls that Sofia was playing with in a picture.  I guess that any money for toys is used to buy more junk for Jill or maybe Jill considers playing with toys to be sinful.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Wow, I’ve never thought about it, but you’re right!  The only toys I’ve ever seen were a couple of small stuffed animals/dolls that Sofia was playing with in a picture.  I guess that any money for toys is used to buy more junk for Jill or maybe Jill considers playing with toys to be sinful.  

To be fair, there really isn’t time to play with toys when you’re only allowed to think about eternal damnation for your sins. Sins which include thinking of anything other than BeSt MAmA Evr and how to please her. 

• Love 1
(edited)

In the video about the garden, Jill pointed out a piece, and said she  placed it there because she didn’t know what it was. 🤦‍♀️

This is it:

74A2EEA5-C1B2-4370-B4A0-5CBEB0723A77.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 16

The garden looks like a contest (with an appropriate name) at a campground. It was made on a pile of gravel, and  Jill stated she has no idea why it was there.

Since I’d guess they know where their septic tank is, I think she has her garden on a leech field. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

In the video about the garden, Jill pointed out a piece, and said she  placed it there because she didn’t know what it was. 🤦‍♀️

This is it:

She bought it for $2 at a garage sale 🤣

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Just what the hell is that? And is that Plexus drink hanging on that plant hanger? 

JillRod probably thinks that birds and plants need Plexus to feel better and healthier too! Although the hummingbird juice is an interesting theory and probably more plausible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

JillRod probably thinks that birds and plants need Plexus to feel better and healthier too! Although the hummingbird juice is an interesting theory and probably more plausible.

Remember when The Hunk drank a bottle of hummingbird juice from the refrigerator before he realized it was hummingbird juice?

(Edited to add ~ hummingbird juice ~ can’t remember the “official” name... sugar water. Plain and simple ~ sugar water). Hunky Husband drank a bottle of serious sugar water. And JillRod posted it. 🙄

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

That aquarium should not be sitting on a bookcase shelf like that.  Water is heavy, and that shelf cannot hold that much weight for very long.  That is going to fall and hurt someone---and the fish and snails.  Aquariums should be on an aquarium stand that is built for the weight and accessibility.  Those shelves appear to be adjustable, which are not for holding that kind of weight.

If it leaks it'll rot the wood,too.I ruined an oak table that way

3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

That required inspiration? She's demented.

Graveyard Granny

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This is it:

What is it? It looks like stacked cube shelves to me, so I think I am missing something.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Remember when The Hunk drank a bottle of hummingbird juice from the refrigerator before he realized it was hummingbird juice?

(Edited to add ~ hummingbird juice ~ can’t remember the “official” name... sugar water. Plain and simple ~ sugar water). Hunky Husband drank a bottle of serious sugar water. And JillRod posted it. 🙄

I'm thinking that station in the garden is where Hunk's chair gets set up, so he has easy access to the bird juice. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 13
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Triple P said:

What is it? It looks like stacked cube shelves to me, so I think I am missing something.

she bought it at an Amish sale - I thought it was a childs prayer bench/kneeler or something.  Jill stated then she had no idea what it was but it was only $2 so she bought it, I think it has been painted white for the zombie garden

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Fixed it.

You're the best fix it person I know.LOL

4 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm thinking that station in the garden is where Hunk's chair gets set up, so he has easy access to the bird juice. LOL

It's called nectar.That's what hunky husb. drank.LOL.

Here's the Google recipe for hummingbirds.It says not to add red dye.

Mix 1 part sugar with 4 parts water (for example, 1 cup of sugar with 4 cups of water) until the sugar is dissolved. Do not add red dye. Fill your hummingbird feeders with the sugar water and place outside.

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 5/14/2021 at 8:48 PM, ginger90 said:

Part of the garden:

D8BDAA83-85D5-4256-A9AA-F5D4DC9FAE4E.jpeg

Wha...??? I’m so confused by this. What is the grey gravel?  It looks like some stairs, and a seatless stool randomly sitting with plants, and fence small sections of fencing for no purpose. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wha...??? I’m so confused by this. What is the grey gravel?  It looks like some stairs, and a seatless stool randomly sitting with plants, and fence small sections of fencing for no purpose. 

Landscape architect, Jill ain't. 😂

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I wonder how long it takes her to apply all of that make up.

Well you know if you sleep in your makeup, it's easy. Voila already a head start.

She really is demented.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Just what the hell is that? And is that Plexus drink hanging on that plant hanger? 

If this so-called “garden” doesn’t prove that she’s a full-fledged lunatic, I don’t know what would.  And the fact that she thinks it looks good enough to post on SM? 🤦🏼‍♀️  I can’t even find the words…

• Love 11
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I think she and sammers are doing smile direct club. so a retainer type thing.

She wouldn't shell out to straighten Phillip's teeth "because Phillip didn't need braces" but would spend on her own mouth? For selfish Jill, that's entirely possible, but wow if that's the case. 

• Love 4

In the top photo, Jill's front bottom teeth are perfectly aligned and very white. In the next photo, they are crooked and dark, their natural state. I think Jill's upper teeth are dentures or possibly veneers (expensive!). All her bottom teeth are her own.

It's possible the photo is a projected result after the aligners and a whitening. Aligners aren't going to take care of her dark, worn down, and missing bottom molars, however. Smile Club would be an expensive investment for a few bottom teeth. Usually, people have to buy both upper and bottom alignment. 

But she has money now, so clocks, aquariums, and cosmetic work are possible. And she deserves it all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/14/2021 at 10:07 PM, Kbo said:

It looks like all the garden stuff pushed its way out of the earth.  That’s the creepiest “garden” I’ve ever seen. 

Pushed its way out of the depths of hell, you mean.  There’s probably a demon that came up with it, hiding in the “garden” somewhere.  FYI ~ I’m referring to Jill’s belief that someone dug a hole to the center of the earth, dropped down a microphone and found Hell.  Jill said that they could hear people screaming from the pain of Hell’s fire.  When they pulled the microphone out, a tiny demon was attached to it.  I swear to you, I’m not making this shit up.  She actually posted this somewhere, because I saw it with my own two eyes.  It may’ve been on her family’s webpage.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Pushed its way out of the depths of hell, you mean.  There’s probably a demon that came up with it, hiding in the “garden” somewhere.  FYI ~ I’m referring to Jill’s belief that someone dug a hole to the center of the earth, dropped down a microphone and found Hell.  Jill said that they could hear people screaming from the pain of Hell’s fire.  When they pulled the microphone out, a tiny demon was attached to it.  I swear to you, I’m not making this shit up.  She actually posted this somewhere, because I saw it with my own two eyes.  It may’ve been on her family’s webpage.

It reminds me of the movie Carrie, at the end where Sue has a dream that she went to put flowers on Carrie's grave, and a hand came up out of the ground and grabbed her.

I know I've heard the above before @farmgal4, and it's so deranged, it figures Jill would believe it.  She gives new meaning to the word lunatic.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

She's talking about the Kola Superdeep Bore Hole in Russia.

The Hole to Hell

Science-type explanation for the hole that doesn't mention the sounds.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3