Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Isn't there a verse about removing the log (or something like that) from your own eye before pointing out the ash in someone else's? Jill would be wise to look at herself first.......but I guess she still wouldn't see.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, beckie said:

Isn't there a verse about removing the log (or something like that) from your own eye before pointing out the ash in someone else's? Jill would be wise to look at herself first.......but I guess she still wouldn't see.

Oh please. There is way too much eyeliner in her eyes to notice the ash in anyone else’s eyes. Jill is all about Jill. Period.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, beckie said:

I assume there are logs in both of her eyes, so she’s effectively blind to hypocrisy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

well Jill reads only the correct version of the bible so KJV - but hey they only ever quote the verses that condemn others.

Matthew 7:3-5

King James Version

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Notice how instead of looking lovingly at the kid, Jill is smiling/staring adoringly at the camera. Jill loves the camera.

🙄🙄🙄

looking adoringly in the camera at herself!! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Snow Fairy said:

Janessa is actually really cute child.  Too bad she will look pale and sick very soon, and soon after will be covered with tons of make up

I think she looks a lot like Kaylee did when she was little, so she may grow up to be very pretty.

• Love 4
On 5/11/2021 at 10:16 AM, libgirl2 said:

My son is an adult but I have a cat and his toys are all over the house! 

Same with me and my 3 dogs! Dog toys, dog toy box, dog beds, dog treats, everything is dogs, mostly dog hair for the dog vacuum to clean up, even have dog laundry day! Not a dump in any way, just well lived in, just the way it was when I had 3 kids at home. Back then my kids came first, now my mutts do. It's called living!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Same with me and my 3 dogs! Dog toys, dog toy box, dog beds, dog treats, everything is dogs, mostly dog hair for the dog vacuum to clean up, even have dog laundry day! Not a dump in any way, just well lived in, just the way it was when I had 3 kids at home. Back then my kids came first, now my mutts do. It's called living!

Hair isn't too bad, he is a black cat and has very short hair, so shedding isn't too bad. 

So if Jill's kids don't really have toys, I wonder if the dog does? He is Tim's dog so maybe there is hope. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Jill needs an exorcist most likely.

And a hair dresser.

well she got that Cosmetology License in the 80s and hasn't learned anything new since.

From their blog

"Jill and her three sisters went to Christian School the first few years of their school years and then Jill’s parents felt burdened to pull their girls out of school and home school them. They were one of the pioneering home schoolers back in the 80’s and they did a great job!  They home schooled their girls until graduation.  During Jill’s junior and senior year of high-school, she worked hard and also obtained a cosmetology license."

• Useful 2
35 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Hair isn't too bad, he is a black cat and has very short hair, so shedding isn't too bad. 

So if Jill's kids don't really have toys, I wonder if the dog does? He is Tim's dog so maybe there is hope. 

36 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Hopefully they at least throw him a bone every now and then.Or maybe he can find some sticks outside

5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Wow. It can’t be emphasized enough. Phillip is seriously malnourished.

Someone mentioned her or elsewhere that they wondered if he is an avid "faster" for God, going beyond what most people would do. 

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Someone mentioned here or elsewhere that they wondered if he [Phillip] is an avid "faster" for God, going beyond what most people would do. 

Jill often bragged about Tim fasting 'for the Lord' or whatever.  He was her favorite son because of it.  I wonder if he was doing it to leave more food for the younger children, and letting Jill pretend it was for a religious purpose.  When Tim escaped to college he plumped up a bit.  Now that he's back again, he's a bit thinner, but not as skeletal as before.  

Now that he's back, does Tim keep food hidden in his RV or make sure to eat more when away from the family?  Has he tried to clue Phillip in on what's going on or does he think that Phillip would tell Jill what he's said about the food issues?  The kids left at home are so indoctrinated into keeping Jill happy, could he slip food to them and not have them tell Jill in an effort to gain points with her?

The Rod family is so messed up, if Jill and what's his name were to die suddenly, I bet whoever took the kids on would find a ton of food related issues, not to mention all the other stuff.

There's enough problems in that family that a whole host of professionals of various disciplines would spend years trying to get those kids to a place where they had a chance to live life somewhat normally.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Someone mentioned her or elsewhere that they wondered if he is an avid "faster" for God, going beyond what most people would do. 

There's so much in that one sentence. First and foremost JillR is the parent and should make sure her kids do not fast too often or for too long. Second, in an environment like JillRs, fasting could definitely be a slippery slope for the obvious reasons.

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm not sure I believe that Tim or any of the other kids have ever "fasted", in the sense of voluntarily abstaining from food for religious reasons. I think that's just a dodge that Jill invented when people started commenting on how skeletal the kids are and accused her of starving them.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 1

Jill is so much like my mom was.I think they're haunted by the same demon.It would nearly kill my mom to give me lunch money every day for school.Iirc,lunch in 1971 was .25.She would push the quarter slowly across the counter,not wanting to take her hand off it.I guess she was wanting me to say I didn't want lunch that day,but I never did.If I was really lucky,I would manage to get .05 for dessert.But I nearly had to wrestle the nickel away from her.LOL

1 hour ago, sondraK said:

Jill is so much like my mom was.I think they're haunted by the same demon.It would nearly kill my mom to give me lunch money every day for school.Iirc,lunch in 1971 was .25.She would push the quarter slowly across the counter,not wanting to take her hand off it.I guess she was wanting me to say I didn't want lunch that day,but I never did.If I was really lucky,I would manage to get .05 for dessert.But I nearly had to wrestle the nickel away from her.LOL

Reading things like this, I thank God for the beautiful and generous mom I had. My mom would have gone hungry for me. I miss her every day. 

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

I was going to post the exact same thing.  That’s the strangest looking garden I’ve ever seen.

Well Jill designed it and she definitely has a strange brain. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Reading things like this, I thank God for the beautiful and generous mom I had. My mom would have gone hungry for me. I miss her every day. 

You were very blessed indeed :)

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

3D724BE2-71D0-4F8F-AB47-072189D8621E.jpeg

0097B32E-FCC2-42A6-A977-97EF3D3EFE8C.jpeg

Jill doing manual labor? I don’t think so. 

Nope.The kids will be doing it

23 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

It looks like something that Tim Burton would reject for being too weird.

I thought I was looking at a mini golf course that hadn't been completed yet.LOL

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

What the what? What in the fresh hell am I looking at???

Yep, those were my thoughts when I saw that - but I'm not as eloquent and mine were more like "what the ACTUAL F---???" 

😱

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

I’ve known people who’ve repurposed old household items in their gardens and it was charming. This... is not. It looks like they upended a kitchen stool and buried it for that one sad plant to grow on.

• Love 15