Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Timba still trying to work his way off the shitlist. His body language in those pictures. He looks like he's about to start blinking Morse code messages. 

Hands in his pockets so he doesn't have to hug her...yeah that kid is buying flowers out of obligation not love.

Edited by P2C2E
  • Love 12
(edited)
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Why didn’t Jill write something to her mom for Mother’s Day? Selfish narcissist only sees herself.

She did, but she put a picture of herself on the post, instead of her mother. 🙄 Also, she’s blocked me on IG, although I have no earthly idea why, since I’ve never made one comment about her on IG and my user name is completely different. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by farmgal4
Never mind
  • LOL 8
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She did, but she put a picture of herself on the post, instead of her mother. 🙄 Also, she’s blocked me on IG, although I have no earthly idea why, since I’ve never made one comment about her on IG and my user name is completely different. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She blocked me on Instagram too!

I was wrong about Jill posting a picture of herself to do a tribute to her mother.  It was a tribute from Renee to Jill.  I’m so upset about Jill blocking me on IG that I wasn’t paying attention. 😭

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I was wrong about Jill posting a picture of herself to do a tribute to her mother.  It was a tribute from Renee to Jill.  I’m so upset about Jill blocking me on IG that I wasn’t paying attention. 😭

I thought it was a tribute to herself at first, too! It's not until the end that you see it's from "Renee." The corsage was a separate post.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

New gushing post up from Renee. Of course, Jill posted a picture of herself. Renee also got her a corsage (and other things). 🙄

Of course she did 🙄

• LOL 1
51 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

such and awkward photo and really big deal??!  How many son't have given their mother flowers today?!?!

Going by the line at our floral shop I'm going to say the entire freaking town so she isn't as special as she likes herself to be. It may come as a shock to her but the heathens love their moms too. 

• LOL 12
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Nothing from Nurie and the World's Best Son-in-Law?

wonder how Jilly's mind is processing what to do regarding comments on Nurie and Anna Duggar's brother.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

The corsage, as pictured on Facebook is different from any I have ever seen. It's not terrible but different than what I usually see, especially for Mother's Day. Not many people wear corsages in my church any more, but when I was growing up, we wore a red rose to honor our mothers if they were living and a white one if they were deceased. Her mom is still living. Her corsage is a white rose it seems, a red carnation, another small white flower and then 3 beads at the end of twisted wires. There is nothing wrong with it, just not what I would have selected.  

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

What is up with this crowd and corsages? I haven’t worn one since my senior prom.

Some moms wear them on Mother's day to church.I got my mom and mil one when I had my daughter christened on Mother's day.It just makes for a nice touch  :)

8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I mean come on Jill. You don’t actually believe that?

🙄🙄🙄

FD1B9156-A840-4BA1-AA02-70D5E37B2C5B.jpeg

Hard working??? When? Where? 

He presses the print button.The kids do the rest

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Does Jill have a mother? What about shrek? Or are they not as godly enough as Jill is. 

Both of their mothers are still alive and the family sees them.  But, Jill's SM is all about JILL.  Even the posts featuring her kids are all about Jill.  If Jill's mother wants a mention on Jill's FB or Instagram, she needs to step it up and send Jill some gifts.  Jill will forge the note herself.

Jill's parents are also fundies and she was homeschooled, which probably accounts for her barely passing acquaintance with grammar, spelling and punctuation.

• Love 15

Jill's everything is about Jill and Jill only. I'll bet she has lists ready for every important (to her) day that she gives out and if if she doesn't receive at least half of the list of demands that person is on her shit list. And if the person giving the gift wants it to remain private between them, that gets put on an even bigger shit list.

• Love 3
(edited)
44 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Both of their mothers are still alive and the family sees them.  But, Jill's SM is all about JILL.  Even the posts featuring her kids are all about Jill.  If Jill's mother wants a mention on Jill's FB or Instagram, she needs to step it up and send Jill some gifts.  Jill will forge the note herself.

Jill's parents are also fundies and she was homeschooled, which probably accounts for her barely passing acquaintance with grammar, spelling and punctuation.

That’s sad,I feel for both moms not getting a mention. I know it’s just Instagram but you’d think she wanna talk about her mom and how much of a godly woman she is etc and how her “hunk” was raised by such a godly mama..

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

That’s sad,I feel for both moms not getting a mention. I know it’s just Instagram but you’d think she wanna talk about her mom and how much of a godly woman she is etc and how her “hunk” was raised by such a godly mama..

Hunk's mama isn't so godly. Hunk wasn't saved until he was around 19.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Gotta wonder if Jill now regrets letting Smuggar emcee Nurie's reception. Because we know that wasn't Nurie's decision. Jill went for celebrity. 

Omg, I forgot about that, but I think it serves her ass right!  You can find me in the closet. 😞

• LOL 4

Jill's mama only had four kids then seemed to make the decision to stop (after four kids in 3 years.)  Her own parents become fundie later in life and raised their girls to be quiverfull even though they stopped at 4 kids.  Her daughters have all had bigger families and since Jill has the biggest family she deserves to post to herself. The biggest family wins. 

Jill may have always been an attention seeker, but Mama and Papa Noyes made the decision to go fundie.  Screw the Noyes parents. They deserve to be the parents of Jill.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Why is Nurie wearing a satin bridesmaid’s dress to church? And why is she trying to cradle a non-existent bump? She’s what, ten weeks? The baby’s roughly the size of a prune. She looks like she just ate a little too much at the post-service trip to Golden Corral. I’ve got a bigger bump than that and I haven’t been pregnant in 5 years.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Why is Nurie wearing a satin bridesmaid’s dress to church? And why is she trying to cradle a non-existent bump? She’s what, ten weeks? The baby’s roughly the size of a prune. She looks like she just ate a little too much at the post-service trip to Golden Corral. I’ve got a bigger bump than that and I haven’t been pregnant in 5 years.

I'm laughing as I'm typing this because I thought the same thing! It looked a little ridiculous..lol

• Love 6

I guess Nathan has been trained. He bought Nurie one of those Willow Tree figures Jill loves so much. The trailer will soon be covered in paper flowers and knickknacks. 

Did Mrs. Keller have a shower for Nurie? I'm trying to figure out what that big pink and blue basket thing is. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

I guess Nathan has been trained. He bought Nurie one of those Willow Tree figures Jill loves so much. The trailer will soon be covered in paper flowers and knickknacks. 

Did Mrs. Keller have a shower for Nurie? I'm trying to figure out what that big pink and blue basket thing is. 

There is a happy Mother’s Day balloon in the picture. My guess the church had an event for Mother’s Day. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

There is a happy Mother’s Day balloon in the picture. My guess the church had an event for Mother’s Day. 

Probably. Now that I look closer, I see the basket thingy is a cover for the speaker's lectern. If I didn't know better, I'd think Jill had a hand in designing it. 

• LOL 4
30 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I think the photo of Nurie and Mrs Keller might be around Easter.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

And why is she trying to cradle a non-existent bump? She’s what, ten weeks? The baby’s roughly the size of a prune. She looks like she just ate a little too much at the post-service trip to Golden Corral. I’ve got a bigger bump than that and I haven’t been pregnant in 5 years.

Nurie, stop trying to make bump happen!

• LOL 3
7 minutes ago, graefin said:

Nurie, stop trying to make bump happen!

I wont give her too much shit about trying to make the bump happen.  It is her first one, and shes been told all her life by best mama ever that it's all she's good for.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I was wondering where this picture was taken. There is a large wood cross, balloons, a garden bench,  a hoop with something that looks like a fitted sheet draped over it and a  religious banner.  

7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I was wondering where this picture was taken. There is a large wood cross, balloons, a garden bench,  a hoop with something that looks like a fitted sheet draped over it and a  religious banner.  

I'm also confused. It looked like Easter decorations, but we're a month out from Easter. And it looks like one of the balloons says "Mother" on it like it's a Mother's Day balloon. Maybe they didn't take down the decorations in the church basement.

Nurie's wearing a corsage in the Nathan photos, which I assumed was on actual Mother's Day since she looks more pregnant there than in the Mrs. K photo.