Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

So much time has passed since the Duggars' first TLC special and the Bates' first appearance on TV. If you look at the two families back then, they're were very close to who the JRods are now. Maybe a step above financially, but still basically singing for their supper. Then their shows provided them with more money and some fame.

It seems the 2nd gen Duggars have plateaued at where their parents left off and the 2nd gen Bates are taking it to the next level, with both money and 'fame'.

It seems to me the 3rd gen Duggars might end up back where the Duggars started and become more like the JRods. I have absolutely no idea what the 3rd gen Bates will look like, but I have higher hopes they will become more mainstream Christian.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

I'll bet JillRod has several colorful notebooks, folders and binders that she cross-references several times a day with lists of her followers and whether or not she's blocked them, unblocked them, or is giving them one more chance to be nice lest her numbers go too low, etc....probably color-coded with glitter ink pens and shiny stickers...while her kids dust the Barndo and scrounge for food and Shrek snores in the La-Z-Boy.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

I'll bet JillRod has several colorful notebooks, folders and binders that she cross-references several times a day with lists of her followers and whether or not she's blocked them, unblocked them, or is giving them one more chance to be nice lest her numbers go too low, etc....probably color-coded with glitter ink pens and shiny stickers...while her kids dust the Barndo and scrounge for food and Shrek snores in the La-Z-Boy.

She no doubt has a list of those who she has blocked.  She revels in her perceived persecution.  No way she blocks and keeps it moving.  

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

She’s missed an opportunity for this to be a “school project” for the kids, so she can have more special time with her hunk.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

in other freaky fundy news - Kendra's mom is about to pop.

Used the spoiler so we don't have to keep seeing this image 🤣

Hide contents

537451426_Screenshot(77).png.8c7facc4c1421d6072c3869121e8d99c.png

Of course she has to do the grab so we can see just how proudly ready to pop she is. 

• LOL 1
28 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Meanwhile Clueless Carlin is posting photos of Layla in the bath in her stories.  Given that Joy is her BFF you would think she would think twice about it.  

It’s truly deplorable. Stop exploiting your kids!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Normades said:

I wonder what David Waller thinks of his good friend Joshy now.  He always seemed to fawn over him.  Does anyone know if they've made any public statements?

The Wallers have been publicly quiet. But I would be surprised if they didn't support Anna's decision to stay put.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Meanwhile Clueless Carlin is posting photos of Layla in the bath in her stories.  Given that Joy is her BFF you would think she would think twice about it.  

I never posted bathtub pictures of my kids on my locked down totally private social media. Those babies grow up, and they don’t need their nakedness on the internet, even among family. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
50 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I never posted bathtub pictures of my kids on my locked down totally private social media. Those babies grow up, and they don’t need their nakedness on the internet, even among family. 

Everything is forever on the internet, as they say. 

• Love 9
On 5/5/2021 at 10:57 PM, 3 is enough said:

Well, you called her Clueless Carlin for a reason. 

• LOL 10

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember the bum on the rug pics. Back in the day it seemed almost a requirement of parenthood to take a picture of your naked infant laying on their tummy, on a rug or towel, with their bums showing. While the pictures are cute, those and bath time pictures don't belong on the internet.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Bontragers put up behind-the-scenes photos of son Denver's and Praise's wedding weekend.  Mainly this blog post seems to be the teenage Bontragers hanging with some teenage Duggars. 

Looks like Jackson and Hannie in a lot of the pictures. Maybe another double wedding between siblings in the future?

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember the bum on the rug pics. Back in the day it seemed almost a requirement of parenthood to take a picture of your naked infant laying on their tummy, on a rug or towel, with their bums showing. While the pictures are cute, those and bath time pictures don't belong on the internet.

Oh my gosh, yes!!! I was born in 1982 and there’s a picture my husband is so tickled by... it’s my fat lil baby rump as I’m crawling and it’s because it’s on of those 400 degree California days with no AC. We have it framed in our bathroom as a joke. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

What is up with all of these young mothers having perfectly manicured nails all the time?  Carlin, Josie, and Alyssa always have fresh manicures.

When my kids were little I kept my nails short because I was constantly changing diapers, bathing them, cleaning little noses, etc. I was afraid that I would scratch them. Plus, I just didn't have the time or money for that luxury.  My kids were born in the late 80's and early 90's, and as I recall the nail salons were not as prevalent back then, or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Just like the constant travel,  I have to wonder how they can afford all of these little luxuries.  Josie, being in the industry, may get freebies or trade off for hairstyling, but Carlin and Alyssa? 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

What is up with all of these young mothers having perfectly manicured nails all the time?  Carlin, Josie, and Alyssa always have fresh manicures.

When my kids were little I kept my nails short because I was constantly changing diapers, bathing them, cleaning little noses, etc. I was afraid that I would scratch them. Plus, I just didn't have the time or money for that luxury.  My kids were born in the late 80's and early 90's, and as I recall the nail salons were not as prevalent back then, or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Just like the constant travel,  I have to wonder how they can afford all of these little luxuries.  Josie, being in the industry, may get freebies or trade off for hairstyling, but Carlin and Alyssa? 

Josie, Carlin and Alyssa all have husbands who work, are big time Influencers and all appear on their show. Josie has a job as well and Alyssa did too, although I'm unsure if she works. Carlin sells clothes along with Erin and Whitney.

I can see where they can afford the nails and clothes, and like you said they probably get a lot of freebies, though mostly from Influencing. I suppose its all part of the package because I'm guessing Influencers can't be running around with shabby nails. 😁

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Looks like Jackson and Hannie in a lot of the pictures. Maybe another double wedding between siblings in the future?

I hope Hannie doesn't marry into that family. They're very Patriarchal, even more so that the Duggars.

• Love 8
(edited)

I can see where influencers have to be current with all the latest trends.

I still think it must be difficult to care for an infant with those long pointy nails that are in fashion right now.  Surely they can have the fancy polish designs with shorter nails?

Guess I am just a practical old lady.  These days I keep my nails short because I have wonky arthritic fingers and long pointy nails would make me look like a witch.  😂

Edited by 3 is enough
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I can see where influencers have to be current with all the latest trends.

I still think it must be difficult to care for an infant with those long pointy nails that are in fashion right now.  Surely they can have the fancy polish designs with shorter nails?

Guess I am just a practical old lady.  These days I keep my nails short because I have wonky arthritic fingers and long pointy nails would make me look like a witch.  😂

LOL. That’s me too. I get pedicures a couple of times a year mostly because otherwise it’s just yuck but I never get manicures. They always ask me is I want to get my hands done and all I can think is why the hell would I do that. I go home and 10 minutes of cleaning up around the house or making dinner and they are chipped beyond recognition. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I hope Hannie doesn't marry into that family. They're very Patriarchal, even more so that the Duggars.

Marlin can definitely out pontificate Boob. He's just awful.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Josie, Carlin and Alyssa all have husbands who work, are big time Influencers and all appear on their show. Josie has a job as well and Alyssa did too, although I'm unsure if she works. Carlin sells clothes along with Erin and Whitney.

I can see where they can afford the nails and clothes, and like you said they probably get a lot of freebies, though mostly from Influencing. I suppose its all part of the package because I'm guessing Influencers can't be running around with shabby nails. 😁

Alyssa no longer works, but they get a nice check from YouTube. As does Carlin. 

• Love 4

I envision Jill Rod spending the last couple of weeks furious that she's not getting any attention from snarkers that she can flatter her martyred self with because everyone has been distracted with the Duggars and that she's basically reached, like, Hitler-in-the-final-days-in-the-bunker levels of crazy now over it. There's no telling what she will post the rest of the day in her own honor! 

• LOL 20
  • Love 2

Watched a bit of JillR’s post of some guest preacher at a revival (I was really bored) There was quite a bit of “if you aren’t being persecuted you are not being the right kind of Christian” in his sermon. Explains a lot of JillR and Shrek’s motives. Especially JillR, who must be upset at all the focus on the Duggars. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, awaken said:

That poor girl has serious issues with using punctuation. Geez. 

Wow, you’re not kidding!  The Rods are even more uneducated than the Duggars, and I didn’t know that was possible. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

🙄🙄🙄

Sure Jan, Kaylee wrote that

CC92C27E-8A9B-4A93-BE4A-CD5715C2D3BC.jpeg

This was written by a native English speaker.....*shudders and goes off to mumble darkly about the downfall of the English language

What has Kaylee Girl done to have to suck up to Jill so much? I understand that Most Precious Nurie is basically dead to Jill now, but there's a plethora of other children to choose from. Timmay must have done something quite SEVERE to piss PRECIUOS MOMMA off quite so much.

Edit, I think the only true bit in it is that poor Kayle has wanted to cry quite a bit after having to spend time with Jill

Edited by MunichNark
  • Love 13

Timba still trying to work his way off the shitlist. His body language in those pictures. He looks like he's about to start blinking Morse code messages. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 5