Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Y’all need to take a look at JRod’s FB.  She’s praising God for the mask mandate ending in Ohio...a year ago.  She thinks it just happened.  

i have reported that to FB 2 times.  her own friends that are allowed to post have called her out saying it was last year/beginning pandemic and yet it is still there.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, beckie said:

Not to take up for Jill, but do we know for sure she got a stimulus check? I thought they were anti all that, hence being the reason the hunk (blech) doesn't have a real job.

She bought a grandfather clock, went on a vacation, bought extensions

Thats why we think they got the stimulus $

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Thats why we think they got the stimulus $

Just wait for the new addition to the barndo to begin. God has provided. Or, more likely,  the evil government sent a check.

What I love about Jill is that she has to spill everything. Eventually, it all gets photographed.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Thats why we think they got the stimulus 

But doesn't she ALWAYS figure out a way to do things like that?

8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Just wait for the new addition to the barndo to begin. God has provided. Or, more likely,  the evil government sent a check.

What I love about Jill is that she has to spill everything. Eventually, it all gets photographed.

Yep she is a grifter and a bragger!

3 minutes ago, beckie said:

Yes she sure does 👍

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, beckie said:

Of course she does.  However, the stimulus check comes automatically to everyone who has filed a tax return last year and meets the criteria.  I doubt Jill and Shrek would refuse to file a tax return, they probably never have to pay taxes anyway due to their small tangible income and the number of dependents.  So, the government either direct deposited the money in their account or sent them a check.  I don't picture Jill sending it back which is what she'd have to do if she didn't want it.

I don't think Jill objects to the government giving stuff to her, it's OTHER PEOPLE who don't deserve it.

• Love 24
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

They live in a camper.  Jill probably wants to keep that under wraps.

What is the difference between a camper and an RV? Pardon my ignorance. I really hope it’s not the pop up one Josh, Anna and kids used at the beginning when visiting the Kellers. That thing was tiny. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill and Anna stopped following each other soon after Nurie's wedding. 

Wonder what happened? Did Jill smothered Anna? 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, SMama said:

Wonder what happened? Did Jill smothered Anna? 😂

No clue what happened, but Jill shifted her affection to Prissy and Suze. I don't think she had the nerve to suck up to Rebekah, the sister who married the rich old guy. 😁

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No clue what happened, but Jill shifted her affection to Prissy and Suze. I don't think she had the nerve to suck up to Rebekah, the sister who married the rich old guy. 😁

Yeah, Jill knows Rebekah's out of her league. Best stick with the like-minded simpleton, i.e., Priscilla. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, SMama said:
13 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

What is the difference between a camper and an RV?

In my experience, people generally refer to campers as living spaces one tows or attaches to a truck, while an RV is a motorized vehicle that one drives. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

In my experience, people generally refer to campers as living spaces one tows or attaches to a truck, while an RV is a motorized vehicle that one drives. 

This is true for how people distinguish. However, RV is an umbrella description as there are different classes that fall under the term RV. A “camper” is in one of the RV classes.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SMama said:

What is the difference between a camper and an RV? Pardon my ignorance. I really hope it’s not the pop up one Josh, Anna and kids used at the beginning when visiting the Kellers. That thing was tiny. 

I always think of a camper as being smaller than an RV.  That may or may not be correct.

• Useful 3

I think many people use the term "camper" loosely although I also think for most people it means a trailer of some kind that isn't self-propelled, i.e., has to be towed behind a vehicle. That said, there's a wide and wild range of "campers," from tiny little teardrop shaped ones, through slightly larger pop-up types, to the humongous "fifth wheel" RVs which are towed by seriously powerful pickup trucks with a special "hitch" that's actually installed in the pickup bed itself.

Last year, i may have watched several episodes of a TV series about people shopping for new RVs which could have exposed me to more information than I ever needed, about RVs. I may have, not sure I want to admit it even though it was during the pandemic "stay at home" months. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, LavendarRose said:

Just an idle thought:

Will Nurie go from being married to Anna Duggar’s brother, to being married to Priscilla Waller’s brother?

Or even Esther,his sister

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I think many people use the term "camper" loosely although I also think for most people it means a trailer of some kind that isn't self-propelled, i.e., has to be towed behind a vehicle. That said, there's a wide and wild range of "campers," from tiny little teardrop shaped ones, through slightly larger pop-up types, to the humongous "fifth wheel" RVs which are towed by seriously powerful pickup trucks with a special "hitch" that's actually installed in the pickup bed itself.

Last year, i may have watched several episodes of a TV series about people shopping for new RVs which could have exposed me to more information than I ever needed, about RVs. I may have, not sure I want to admit it even though it was during the pandemic "stay at home" months. 

I might've seen that one,too.LOL.

I love the tiny homes vids,too

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LavendarRose said:

More photo possibilities with Prissy and TFDW.  They are at least in the same country.

Yes,and it won't surprise me if when John and Esther return to the US,some of the Rod kids end up marrying some of the Shrader kids.Jill and John are both excellent grifters,and combined,they could bring in quite a haul.I'm sure Jill realizes this,too

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

But didn't he grift a plane?

Yes,and flight lessons to boot.But the plane seemed to have disappeared once he got to Africa.It was never seen again

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, sondraK said:

Yes,and flight lessons to boot.But the plane seemed to have disappeared once he got to Africa.It was never seen again

It was non-functional and dilapidated in a barn so faded quickly from John's mind.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill, nobody is interested in you right now. Just deal with it.

She probably thinks there is an opening for an unsullied Fundie Family on TLCs roster or at least to take the top spot on social media.  Push that brand and show how pure and wholesome they are with all their sweet friends.  Fundies gotta fund.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Nothing purer/godlier that this 🤣🤣🤣

I can’t forget 

0BB4D9BA-5DC9-4E29-91B3-A1EDC11ED886.jpeg

12 minutes ago, LavendarRose said:

She probably thinks there is an opening for an unsullied Fundie Family on TLCs roster or at least to take the top spot on social media.  Push that brand and show how pure and wholesome they are with all their sweet friends.  Fundies gotta fund.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I can’t imagine how difficult it is to roller skate in a long denim skirt. Poor kids.

Better to trip, fall, and break a leg than to let a male catch a glimpse of your lower thigh and be thrown into a lifetime of sin and debauchery because of your immodesty. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And they choose the coldest day of the week to prep their garden? Its not like they go to work or school.

I live less than an hour from them, close to the lake where it is always colder in the spring.  It has been in the low to mid 80's and sunny all day. I've been out in the yard, cleaning patio furniture with the hose, wearing nothing but a t shirt and cropped pants and I am too warm.

Just checked, right now, at 6 PM, it is 77 degrees and sunny in Wooster where they live,

Either they are all unnaturally sensitive to weather due to lack of subcutaneous body fat, that pic wasn't taken today or Jill ordered them to don winter clothes and hoods to make the photos more dramatic.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And they choose the coldest day of the week to prep their garden? Its not like they go to work or school.

this probably happened a month ago. Jill is known for posting photos of things that happened weeks or sometimes even months ago.

the one girl in the pink coat appears to be barefoot. weird

• Love 10

David doesn't appear to be prepping to grow anything.  Except maybe his gut. I hope the kids get at least some of the produce if that garden actually grows anything.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, beckie said:

David doesn't appear to be prepping to grow anything.  Except maybe his gut. I hope the kids get at least some of the produce if that garden actually grows anything.

If Jill has them harvest it,maybe they can sneak in a few things while doing it

JRod and offspring went live on FB last night at 10:10pm (when most children are in bed).  They went live to sing a Down On The Farm song, and it was a catastrophe.  You have to hear it to believe it. 🙉

• LOL 9
  • Love 1