Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

Recommended Posts

The title should be 

 

A road to victory: getting married and having a whole sandwich 3 times a day 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

The title sounds like a WWII memoir. The cover looks like shitty goth lite album art. 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I think I saw this scene in an old movie staring Julie Andrews. Something about the hills are alive with the sound of music . . . . The costumes look about right. 

You know that Jill Rod will think this is a compliment, right?

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Well that picture is an eyetrap for any young man, don' t you think? Her chest is up there right in the front. Shocking.

After 13 kids I bet her boobs are dangling by her belly button... Those puppies are not perky any more.

  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

That cover made me think of concentration camp inmates.  It would not entice my to buy the book--at all!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

After 13 kids I bet her boobs are dangling by her belly button... Those puppies are not perky any more.

I'm sure that she's sparing no expense in her bra budget. It's probably about the same as a week's worth of food for her kids.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post

52 minutes ago, Zella said:

The title sounds like a WWII memoir. The cover looks like shitty goth lite album art. 

And the girls look like they're doing the bunny hop!

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9EFB2CF2-26E3-4DCF-ABBA-C5E558986D24.jpeg

58B85DC2-6B10-48C8-B18E-3AD7E9BF593D.jpeg

Must put in concrete what they believe? Heck,I was still deciding what to believe at that age.I knew what I was raised to believe,but I prefer to think for myself.

Besides,we all know they don't have a choice.Jill tells them what to believe,and that's it.

And she shouldn't tear down today's youth.Most ppl still want to do what's right

Edited by sondraK
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

Didn't we have one of the fundies publish a "book" and it was just their blog posts compiled?  For some reason I thought that was Jill.  

This one looks a bit inspired by the Jinger/Jeremy book or at least the chapters talking about Jinger's teen and young adult years.

Yes,Jill couldn't let that pass without writing a book of her own!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Who said anything about disrespecting??  Auditorium definition, the part of a theater, concert hall or other public where the audience sits. I don't see audience or auditorium as being church related. But then again until I started reading this forum I did not know that they had renamed Easter Resurrection Sunday. 

You're right, you didn't use that word, and I'm sorry I suggested you did. 

There's no rule saying that a word's usage must be limited to whatever definition comes up first in an online dictionary. Its literal meaning is "place for hearing," and there are many people who call their worship space an auditorium yet don't necessarily view the service as a performance (though some no doubt do).

Sorry, I've gotten pissy over this before. I see people here making fun of the Duggers et al. for language or practices that are commonplace among literally millions of believers and that strike me as basically harmless customs. I prefer to focus on the really destructive and hateful shit they say and do, of which there is plenty.

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Portia said:

You're right, you didn't use that word, and I'm sorry I suggested you did. 

There's no rule saying that a word's usage must be limited to whatever definition comes up first in an online dictionary. Its literal meaning is "place for hearing," and there are many people who call their worship space an auditorium yet don't necessarily view the service as a performance (though some no doubt do).

Sorry, I've gotten pissy over this before. I see people here making fun of the Duggers et al. for language or practices that are commonplace among literally millions of believers and that strike me as basically harmless customs. I prefer to focus on the really destructive and hateful shit they say and do, of which there is plenty.

 

 

Michelle wanting to catch a baby cracked me up the most.

That,and her use of ,"big pregnant".LOL

Edited by sondraK
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sondraK said:

her use of ,"big pregnant".LOL

I often think of this phrase, and every time I do, I blame Michelle. 

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Portia said:

You're right, you didn't use that word, and I'm sorry I suggested you did. 

There's no rule saying that a word's usage must be limited to whatever definition comes up first in an online dictionary. Its literal meaning is "place for hearing," and there are many people who call their worship space an auditorium yet don't necessarily view the service as a performance (though some no doubt do).

Honestly, when I see video from mega church services (think Joel Osteen, who I actually enjoy), auditorium is the first word that comes to mind.  Apropos of nothing, for me, there would be no level of comfort or feeling of "home" worshiping in a mega church.

 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

All the Baptists that I know call the worship area an auditorium.  It hit me a bit the first couple of times I heard it, but it fits.  They don't do a lot of the high church interior decoration that I was used to either.  And over the decades, they're doing less and less as the wish to separate from high church ways seems to have increased with the non-denominational church rise.  I think most of the non-denominational churches and many of the other evangelical type churches call it an auditorium also.  They use the space in a more multi-purpose manner in many of these churches.  They can get by with one huge room for a lot of things instead of needing a worship area and a fellowship hall.  People have changed in their view to worship services and it all serves a purpose.  People try on different churches to find a fit and in that I'm thankful my choice will forever make sure I won't encounter any traveling shows like the Rodrigues family.  😉

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9EFB2CF2-26E3-4DCF-ABBA-C5E558986D24.jpeg

58B85DC2-6B10-48C8-B18E-3AD7E9BF593D.jpeg

The wonky extensions. The Victoria's Secret extreme pushup bra. The mutilation of the English language.

I hope this is the back cover of the book. 

 

  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The wonky extensions. The Victoria's Secret extreme pushup bra. The mutilation of the English language.

I hope this is the back cover of the book. 

If you asked me to look at that photo and tell you how it was to be used, the LAST thing I'd think of would be "back cover of a book telling teenagers how to be good moral pure Christians." My first guess would be, "photo for a montage set to the song Mrs. Robinson." IOW, woman doing her best wannabe cougar pose.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think it would be so fun for all of us to read the book together and have a book club-type discussion, chapter by chapter.  Unfortunately, that would mean buying the book.  I'm not giving Jill my money.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

21 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I think it would be so fun for all of us to read the book together and have a book club-type discussion, chapter by chapter.  Unfortunately, that would mean buying the book.  I'm not giving Jill my money.

I'm not giving Jill any money either. She'll spend it on date nights at the GOOD Olive Garden with Lazy Davy.

Fear not. Narcissist Jill won't be able to keep her amazing words of wisdom to herself. She'll publish so many excerpts online there won't be anything left to buy. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I think it would be so fun for all of us to read the book together and have a book club-type discussion, chapter by chapter.  Unfortunately, that would mean buying the book.  I'm not giving Jill my money.

We can all pitch in $.50 to buy 1 copy. I need a laugh.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

They can reuse the picture for their Dateline special .

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how she's going to sell it (I'm assuming she's publishing it herself a la David's home printing press)? If you self publish, can you get it listed on Amazon or is she stuck selling it herself via her online blog? She'd have to set up online payments and processing on the blog, I would assume.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, emma675 said:

Good lord, it looks like the poster for a 1970s horror film. Those poor girls.

"The Lost Girls"  or.. "Children of the NON-Corn"

21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9EFB2CF2-26E3-4DCF-ABBA-C5E558986D24.jpeg

58B85DC2-6B10-48C8-B18E-3AD7E9BF593D.jpeg

S.T.F.U Jill

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

 Maybe she’ll be giving away copies with Plexus purchase. Or Instagram giveaways? JillR never ceases to amaze me with her brazenness.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I think it would be so fun for all of us to read the book together and have a book club-type discussion, chapter by chapter.  Unfortunately, that would mean buying the book.  I'm not giving Jill my money.

What one of us should do is scan the book and email it to us and then go to Walmart and return the book. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

What one of us should do is scan the book and email it to us and then go to Walmart and return the book. 

I doubt that “book” will be sold at Walmart lol. I’m picturing a 20 page pamphlet at best. Definitely printed by HUNK at home.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, emma675 said:

I wonder how she's going to sell it (I'm assuming she's publishing it herself a la David's home printing press)? If you self publish, can you get it listed on Amazon or is she stuck selling it herself via her online blog? She'd have to set up online payments and processing on the blog, I would assume.

It depends on the package you buy and the self-publisher you are using. KDP is actually Amazon's self-publishing platform, so you can go through them exclusively. Some self-publishing companies distribute authors on a wider range of platforms that include Amazon as well as, say, Google Books, Apple, etc. 

Others do not have a distribution arrangement with Amazon, so they don't release books to Amazon, at least not automatically. (Last time I checked, Barnes and Noble's self-publishing wing doesn't distribute to Amazon. Maybe it's an add-on, but I think their service is virtually worthless without Amazon distribution.) 

The words of wisdom I've always heard batted around is that if your self-published book is not on Amazon, you can guarantee your sales will be tiny. (Of course, having it on Amazon is no guarantee it will sell either!) 

It will be interesting to see what JillRod comes up with for distribution. I envision a wild ride either way. LOL

 

  • Useful 6
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

For sure there will be a book tour featuring JillR and the NotNuries. Maybe with some Plexus available for sale too. JillR will need a new wardrobe and make up but the NotNuries will be in their usual outdated clothes. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I think they will set up a table at the churches where they perform to sell the books.  It will be positioned in such a way that people have to walk past it and are guilted into buying one. The most pitiful looking waif (Sofia?) will be sitting there to ramp up the guilt factor.  

Edited by Liddy52
  • Like 17
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

23 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Honestly, when I see video from mega church services (think Joel Osteen, who I actually enjoy), auditorium is the first word that comes to mind.  Apropos of nothing, for me, there would be no level of comfort or feeling of "home" worshiping in a mega church.

 

I do too. When I was going through my divorce and was having a hard time, I would watch his half hour show on Sunday nights and always felt better afterward. I never saw it so much as religion but  more of a "pep talk". 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Considering how horribly written that blurb is and how trashy Jill looks in the photo, I am  curious what would happen if she got this self-published mess on Amazon. Unless she gets a good editor, which she won't because editors and proofreaders expect to be paid, Jill's going to make a bigger fool of herself that she already is. Yes. It's possible. 

Popcorn. Lots of popcorn. 

If the kids had any chance of benefiting from the sales of this book, I'd be content just to shake my head. However, it's pretty clear any profits would go to Jill to spend on jewelry, clothes, entertainment, travel, and home decor. The co-writing and cover-modeling Not-Nuries might share an ice cream cone for their efforts. 

  • Like 7
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

I think they will set up a table at the churches where they perform to sell the books.  It will be positioned in such a way that people have to walk past it and are guilted into buying one. The most pitiful looking waif (Sofia?) will be sitting there to ramp up the guilt factor.  

A parent of one of my kid's friends self-published a book back in the 90s and has recently written another one, which I assume is self-published as well. She was very involved in the local parish and Catholic schools. At EVERY event her book was on display. Secret Santa 'store', Girl Scout/Boy Scout gatherings, sports games, award ceremonies, graduations, monthly family fun nights, etc. This went on for an entire school year. 

Her husband coached the young girls softball team. Before one of the last games of the season I was helping him get some equipment out of their mini van. It was FILLED with copies of her book. I guess she over estimated sales.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Considering how horribly written that blurb is and how trashy Jill looks in the photo, I am  curious what would happen if she got this self-published mess on Amazon. Unless she gets a good editor, which she won't because editors and proofreaders expect to be paid, Jill's going to make a bigger fool of herself that she already is. Yes. It's possible. 

Popcorn. Lots of popcorn. 

If the kids had any chance of benefiting from the sales of this book, I'd be content just to shake my head. However, it's pretty clear any profits would go to Jill to spend on jewelry, clothes, entertainment, travel, and home decor. The co-writing and cover-modeling Not-Nuries might share an ice cream cone for their efforts. 

And dates with Hunk. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I do too. When I was going through my divorce and was having a hard time, I would watch his half hour show on Sunday nights and always felt better afterward. I never saw it so much as religion but  more of a "pep talk". 

IMO Joel Osteen is a motivational speaker, NOT a pastor/preacher.  I’m off-topic, sorry.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

50 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

IMO Joel Osteen is a motivational speaker, NOT a pastor/preacher.  I’m off-topic, sorry.

I agree with you. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

I think they will set up a table at the churches where they perform to sell the books.  It will be positioned in such a way that people have to walk past it and are guilted into buying one. The most pitiful looking waif (Sofia?) will be sitting there to ramp up the guilt factor.  

In tattered clothes,no less

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sondraK said:

In tattered clothes,no less

I don't think the little one have much else. At best their clothes are ill-fitting and mismatched. Even their "Sunday best ".

  • Like 1
  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I don't think the little one have much else. At best their clothes are ill-fitting and mismatched. Even their "Sunday best ".

Yes,they look like thrift store rejects.Many of their shoes don't even fit.But with the Rods getting all the stimulus money,it makes me wonder if some don't see thru their cons now? It's not like they can't afford at least some decent clothes now

Just now, sondraK said:

Yes,they look like thrift store rejects.Many of their shoes don't even fit.But with the Rods getting all the stimulus money,it makes me wonder if some don't see thru their cons now? It's not like they can't afford at least some decent clothes for the kids

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The Kellers have a new grandchild. Susanna Keller Bridges and her husband York Bridges welcomed their first child together on April 20th. It's a boy and his name is Nash Edgar. 

Susanna is ex-fundie and has a daughter from a previous relationship.  She is sister of Nathan Keller, Anna Duggar, Priscilla Waller, etc.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Nash Bridges (really?) gave his parents a scare, coming 3 weeks early. He was pictured with a tube coning out of his nose. 

  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

You might remember Duggar family friend Kristen Nicole Young. She and her husband managed a Tacos for Life restaurant.

Kristen believes in many, many conspiracies, most of which are pretty vile. She doesn't believe in COVID or vaccines, for example. She seems to have no way to gage what's real.

She and her husband are expecting baby number 4, which they announced on Instagram. 

  • Useful 5
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

You might remember Duggar family friend Kristen Nicole Young. She and her husband managed a Tacos for Life restaurant.

Kristen believes in many, many conspiracies, most of which are pretty vile. She doesn't believe in COVID or vaccines, for example. She seems to have no way to gage what's real.

She and her husband are expecting baby number 4, which they announced on Instagram. 

Omg.  Their 3rd child is barely a year old, if that.  And yes, she believes all of the conspiracy theories.  She’s another Fundie nut job.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

She's also outed herself as a white supremacist based on her Parler posts it seems. (I don't remember where I read that but I believe it.)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Nash is a cute name.

Not a name I love, but seriously, their last name is Bridges.  Did they ask Don Johnson for permission first? 

  • Laugh 21

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/25/2021 at 10:57 AM, BradandJanet said:

Considering how horribly written that blurb is and how trashy Jill looks in the photo, I am  curious what would happen if she got this self-published mess on Amazon. Unless she gets a good editor, which she won't because editors and proofreaders expect to be paid, Jill's going to make a bigger fool of herself that she already is. Yes. It's possible. 

Popcorn. Lots of popcorn. 

If the kids had any chance of benefiting from the sales of this book, I'd be content just to shake my head. However, it's pretty clear any profits would go to Jill to spend on jewelry, clothes, entertainment, travel, and home decor. The co-writing and cover-modeling Not-Nuries might share an ice cream cone for their efforts. 

Fortunately or unfortunately, Amazon is in the business of making money.  They will pretty much allow any author to self-publish on their platform.  Editors and proofreaders are not necessary.  Encouraged, but not necessary.  Jill would not be the worst author who ever self-published on Amazon.  She probably wouldn't even crack the top fifty.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They will pretty much allow any author to self-publish on their platform

This is so true.  I have an colleague from a previous job who was always looking for the next way to get rich withour much effort.  She slapped together a novel based on her life of abusive relationships and self-published it on Amazon.  She then got some free advice on how to "market" it and ended up spamming every social media platform she was on.  She even read alound most of the chapters and posted that on many audio sites.  I don't think she sold one copy.

  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 7

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Normades said:

Not a name I love, but seriously, their last name is Bridges.  Did they ask Don Johnson for permission first? 

I had to google Nash Bridges. I don’t know it was.

  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

Moderator Announcement- The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

 

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history.

 

Hate Speech and Insensitive Language 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size