Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

What do these people have against churches?  Never in my 70 years have I heard of a church referred to as an auditorium. I thought churches were holy places not auditoriums. 

Really?  You must not have visited as large a variety of denominations as I have. I've heard it used at various churches, and I think it's unfair to assume disrespect. It's just a custom. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Portia said:

Really?  You must not have visited as large a variety of denominations as I have. I've heard it used at various churches, and I think it's unfair to assume disrespect. It's just a custom. 

Who said anything about disrespecting??  Auditorium definition, the part of a theater, concert hall or other public where the audience sits. I don't see audience or auditorium as being church related. But then again until I started reading this forum I did not know that they had renamed Easter Resurrection Sunday. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I wonder how much for a book. 

Chapter 1: eat only 500  calories a day. Can’t be plump and catch a man.

Chapter 2: do your hair/makeup like it’s 1985

Chapter 3: MAMA’s recipes that will keep your MAN full and chunky 

Chapter 4: birth control is EVIL

Chapter 5: SEVERE miscarriage is time to grift $

Chapter 6: don’t ask husband for medical insurance who needs that or glasses?

Chapter 7: if you can’t read this don’t get glasses ask someone to read you this book

chapter 8: decorating on a budget. Dollar tree is your friend. There is no such thing as too much clutter! 

chapter 9: give me $$$. I need more grandfather clocks and ugly extensions 

Chapter 10: Nurie who? Chapter dedicated to my favorite child who is now far far away. I mourn her lack of presence. My precious!!!

Love Jill Rodrigues not Rodriguez Xoxo

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

on the chapter 1 - she would not say "can't be plump".  it would be "be svelte on your wedding day."

there is an old jill blog post where she tells how she "was a svelte 115lbs" on her wedding day.

• LOL 6

10 hours ago, Portia said:

I've heard the term used that way as well. 

I never heard of the word auditorium being used to describe part of a church until the Bates and Duggar sisters were looking at different venues. It felt odd to me.

But I guess its no different than sub/grinder/hoagie or purse/pocketbook/bag, etc. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I never heard of the word auditorium being used to describe part of a church until the Bates and Duggar sisters were looking at different venues. I felt odd to me.

But I guess its no different than sub/grinder/hoagie or purse/pocketbook/bag, etc. 

I know. I don't care about it, and "auditorium" is used in many churches now -  but apparently the use of "auditorium" instead of "sanctuary" riles up some theologians

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Zella said:

I am deeply ashamed of how much I want to read Jill's book. Like, I would never give her money for it, but if I could pirate it, well, just call me Blackbeard. 

There is no shame in wanting to laugh at her “book” !

• LOL 2

I would be willing to take one for the team to get my hands on Jill's books.  I needed this laugh today.  I woke up to a very demoralizing email from my boss and subsequent emails and phone calls have not been helpful.  I was ready to start drinking at 8am.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

on the chapter 1 - she would not say "can't be plump".  it would be "be svelte on your wedding day."

there is an old jill blog post where she tells how she "was a svelte 115lbs" on her wedding day.

115 pounds is probably 1/2 of what Shrek weights now

Jilldo is probably 160 pounds 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I wonder how much for a book. 

Chapter 1: eat only 500  calories a day. Can’t be plump and catch a man.

Chapter 2: do your hair/makeup like it’s 1985

Chapter 3: MAMA’s recipes that will keep your MAN full and chunky 

Chapter 4: birth control is EVIL

Chapter 5: SEVERE miscarriage is time to grift $

Chapter 6: don’t ask husband for medical insurance who needs that or glasses?

Chapter 7: if you can’t read this don’t get glasses ask someone to read you this book

chapter 8: decorating on a budget. Dollar tree is your friend. There is no such thing as too much clutter! 

chapter 9: give me $$$. I need more grandfather clocks and ugly extensions 

Chapter 10: Nurie who? Chapter dedicated to my favorite child who is now far far away. I mourn her lack of presence. My precious!!!

Love Jill Rodrigues not Rodriguez Xoxo

LOL!

Might I add

Chapter 11   How to hype up your newborn's medical condition so you can grift for a $400 mixer and designer perfume

2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I suspect The Hunk weighs a LOT more than 230 pounds!

She doesn't call him hunky hubby for nothing!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Please let this be the cover photo

D5DC16EF-0AC0-460E-84CC-A52E363C3463.jpeg

Perfect!

The pictures of the girls are almost as embarrassing.  At least Jill chose to do this to herself and photograph it. Those poor girls didn’t have any choice in letting Jill style them so awful and then forcing them to pose for those pictures. I’m guessing one of those pictures of the girls will be the cover. 

Edited by EVS
Grammar
  • Love 5

Do you think Jill believes she has tons of followers who would be interested in her book, or do you think she is actually savvy enough to try to profit from curious snarkers?  Maybe both?  Or maybe I’m giving her too much credit. She definitely is narcissistic enough to think people are actually interested her “wisdom”. I think she expects to sell copies to her family and then guilt people at her church into buying it plus people at the churches they visit for their traveling “ministry”.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I am sorely tempted to use this as an avatar. You all have been warned. **evil laugh*** 

Please don't.  It's bad enough with the redesign and you have to see Jill Rod at the top of every page.  

• LOL 10
53 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I am sorely tempted to use this as an avatar. You all have been warned. **evil laugh*** 

If you do, please don't like any of my posts. I still get the SEVERELY GIANT notifications. It might do me in. 😬😉😂

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill has released the real cover. It's as bad as one might expect. 😂

FB_IMG_1619210534966.jpg

I betcha I know who’s mug will be on the back cover. 🤪

1 hour ago, EVS said:

Do you think Jill believes she has tons of followers who would be interested in her book, or do you think she is actually savvy enough to try to profit from curious snarkers?  Maybe both?  Or maybe I’m giving her too much credit. She definitely is narcissistic enough to think people are actually interested her “wisdom”. I think she expects to sell copies to her family and then guilt people at her church into buying it plus people at the churches they visit for their traveling “ministry”.

We all know how narcissistic Jill is.  She thinks she has infinite wisdom on all subjects, and the world should be thankful that she’s chosen to write a book.

• Love 7

Just what is JillR's definition of victory? Straight and chaste until marriage and available and pregnant after marriage?

The road there is paved with non-sluttish clothes, 80s hair, Tammy Faye make-up and waiting on God's timing. Hardly enough to fill a book.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, EVS said:

I have a sinking suspicion Jill’s kids will be selling this book everywhere, Walmart parking lot included. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I have a sinking suspicion Jill’s kids will be selling this book everywhere, Walmart parking lot included. 

And I bet she'll have a book table at church,with her and the girls there to sign it

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, sondraK said:

And I bet she'll have a book table at church,with her and the girls there to sign it

I'd be super curious about their autographs. I found a secondhand copy of one of Sarah Maxwell's Moody books, and her autograph was one of a third grader learning cursive.

I bet Jill dots her I with a heart like Michelle Duggar.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Oh this book sounds more and more awful the more we see and hear about. JillR will be pushing this hard. I wonder if Nurie will be held up as an example of a success story or completely ignored. The NotNuries look pitiful in that picture used for the cover.

• Love 7

Didn't we have one of the fundies publish a "book" and it was just their blog posts compiled?  For some reason I thought that was Jill.  

This one looks a bit inspired by the Jinger/Jeremy book or at least the chapters talking about Jinger's teen and young adult years.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Didn't we have one of the fundies publish a "book" and it was just their blog posts compiled?  For some reason I thought that was Jill.  

This one looks a bit inspired by the Jinger/Jeremy book or at least the chapters talking about Jinger's teen and young adult years.

Yes, Jill had a "book" that was just a compilation of her blog posts. It obviously went nowhere, as I expect this book will.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

9EFB2CF2-26E3-4DCF-ABBA-C5E558986D24.jpeg

58B85DC2-6B10-48C8-B18E-3AD7E9BF593D.jpeg

Compelling? Wow, she thinks highly of herself.  That second paragraph doesn't even make sense. But the jealousy over J&J's book just seeps through.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, EVS said:

I think mostly she is narcissistic enough to believe that she has tons of followers who will buy this book. And some snarkers who will also purchase the book thereby driving up her profits. She doesn't care which is which as long as the $$ rolls in. It looks absolutely riveting, NOT. Think I'll pass on this "fount" of knowledge. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I was thinking it sounds like the Duggar girls' book.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

9EFB2CF2-26E3-4DCF-ABBA-C5E558986D24.jpeg

58B85DC2-6B10-48C8-B18E-3AD7E9BF593D.jpeg

Well, at least we know for sure JRod wrote this. Random capitalization, grammatical errors, gratuitous use of exclamation points, and weaving in and out of tenses. It's all there.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

If I didn't know this family and I saw that book in a store, I would think it was a horror story based on the cover. I would feel the girls were walking down some murderous path. Not too mention, they look half dead since they don't eat.

• Love 9