Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

In her big orthopedic black shoes! Bwahaha 

Is she modeling the same footwear as MeChelle Duggar?  I didn’t know that Jilly is missing a back muscle too...what a coincidence!!!

• LOL 9
4 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Is she modeling the same footwear as MeChelle Duggar?  I didn’t know that Jilly is missing a back muscle too...what a coincidence!!!

It's Contagious! Run for your lives.

• LOL 5
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

How does Jill merit front row seats? It's not like they're huge donors or anything.

Didn't Jill also manage to snag a front seat for a Plath wedding? Or a least she was right up there taking pictures during the ceremony!

• Useful 1

I think many ppl get worried about how they're going to manage to give their 10% when they join a church.It seems the Rods not only are able to bypass that,they also manage to grift from their church as well.WTHeck? I guess keeping your kids thin,dressed like Cinderella and in thrift store rejects has it's advantages

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 1

The Rods make up nearly half of the congregation, and the Dinguses are a large part of the rest. Jill feels entitled to front row seats.

But Jill always feels entitled, so it's nothing new. 

Jill said she chose this church because it had a big neon sign on the roof that said KJV, and she knew it was the right church for the family. There are photos of the sign somewhere. However, maybe the sign has been removed because the pastor and the congregation were terrified of attracting another rude, bossy, grifter like Crazy Jill. 

• LOL 11
On 4/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, sondraK said:

You'd think she'd get a clue from the amount David apparently eats.

But I kwym.I don't have any brothers,but when my cousin from Fl came to stay with us,he would eat a whole mixing bowl full of mashed potatoes every day for dinner.My mom told him if he would go dig them from the garden,she would fix them.He'd never had food fresh from a garden,so that was a real treat.She fixed one bowl just for him,and one for everyone else.LOL

LOL, my nephew loved, I mean loved mashed potatoes.  So much so that when he came to stay for weekends, my mother would make bowls of mashed potatoes with parmesan cheese added, and he would wolf that right down.  I remember going to a local supper club for mother's day, and he went to the buffet for a huge plate of nothing but mashed potatoes.  I kid you not when I say that everyone seated, and there was a huge room full, was watching him carry that plate to his table.  He added about 10 packets of butter to the top, then just swallowed it whole.  I never saw anything like it, lol.  It breaks my heart to think that the Rodrigues boys are probably just as capable of eating like this, but are denied by a clueless mother who seems to value looks over health.  Suck it, Jill.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

And Jill is taking a selfie. 

2DF85892-8A06-4F77-9F5B-10A264957C15.jpeg

If that picture doesn't sum up JRod in a nutshell, I don't know what does. A complete and total narcissist who disregards every person and situation in her quest to make everything about herself. Hell, even RFP Jeremy doesn't even take selfies in church during the damn service. She takes narcissism to a whole new level. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

Her selfie taking in a Church no less is just so odd. I'd never ever entertain that particular notion. It's so disrespectful and WHY is no one telling her that?? It can't be that they matter to the congregation, they've no money or anything to offer.

Singing in harmony I love too, but this was giving me tinnitus. Since sharing is caring, I did not want you lot to miss out on the lovely harmonies;-)

Going back to my response on this from a couple of days ago, I'll grant that the couple of glasses of wine I'd had with dinner may have caused me to be a *cough* little more generous in my reaction than the performance warranted.

I still stand behind their actually enjoying to sing harmonies together, and even that, in general, Jill seems to have some minor talent outside of her wanting her voice to be first and foremost all. the. time. But, I gave it another listen this morning, and found it a complete train wreck. I know she's far from perfect even at the best of times, but I had always given her some credit for at least staying mostly on key. This was everywhere but! And I honestly thought she would at least have had a good enough ear to realize that this performance would probably have made the most tone-deaf of people cringe. 

One can only assume, of course, that their normal audiences are not tipsy enough to overlook it. Or maybe they all have an anticipatory tipple just to get through...

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

If that picture doesn't sum up JRod in a nutshell, I don't know what does. A complete and total narcissist who disregards every person and situation in her quest to make everything about herself. Hell, even RFP Jeremy doesn't even take selfies in church during the damn service. She takes narcissism to a whole new level. 

The way I see it is she’s giving GOD the middle finger when she does that.  When the average man or woman goes to a church service they’re there to worship God.  Jill, however, is there to worship the almighty Jill by staring at herself in a cellphone screen.  Shrek should be the one to put a stop to it.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Shrek should be the one to put a stop to it.

You talk like Shreck wears the pants in that family. Surely you know God knows who is in charge there and she thinks he's good with her behavior.

• Love 7

Who took the picture of Jill taking the photo of herself? I think the minister should have a talk with her. Our pastor/church requires that all cell phones should be on mute and/or put away during services.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I am pretty sure if anyone told Jill to stop taping she ignored them. Jill is always right!

well she is quick to claim persecution - wondering how that would work against her church though.

I think the history is they did get asked to leave the one church in PA over some falling out with leadership

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

well she is quick to claim persecution - wondering how that would work against her church though.

I think the history is the did get asked to leave the one church in PA over some falling out with leadership

Yes. She and David had a falling out with the people running the church about doctrine and left. Then, Jill and crew, with instruments, returned to sing at a funeral of someone they knew, and they were turned away. This is Jill's sob story of her "persecution" and how brave and godly she was after being "ripped to shreds." I have some doubts about her rendition of the event (told here at a ladies' meeting), but there's no question that Jill R. is the queen of drama. 

They stayed even though they didn't sing. There was probably food after the funeral they weren't going to pass up. Jill is the queen of grifting too. 

Edited by BradandJanet
clarity
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, sarasue59 said:

LOL, my nephew loved, I mean loved mashed potatoes.  So much so that when he came to stay for weekends, my mother would make bowls of mashed potatoes with parmesan cheese added, and he would wolf that right down.  I remember going to a local supper club for mother's day, and he went to the buffet for a huge plate of nothing but mashed potatoes.  I kid you not when I say that everyone seated, and there was a huge room full, was watching him carry that plate to his table.  He added about 10 packets of butter to the top, then just swallowed it whole.  I never saw anything like it, lol.  It breaks my heart to think that the Rodrigues boys are probably just as capable of eating like this, but are denied by a clueless mother who seems to value looks over health.  Suck it, Jill.

Love it! 

And yes,suck it,Jill!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The Rods make up nearly half of the congregation, and the Dinguses are a large part of the rest. Jill feels entitled to front row seats.

But Jill always feels entitled, so it's nothing new. 

Jill said she chose this church because it had a big neon sign on the roof that said KJV, and she knew it was the right church for the family. There are photos of the sign somewhere. However, maybe the sign has been removed because the pastor and the congregation were terrified of attracting another rude, bossy, grifter like Crazy Jill. 

I guess she thought the sign beckoned her calling.That's Jill for you

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

You talk like Shreck wears the pants in that family. Surely you know God knows who is in charge there and she thinks he's good with her behavior.

But, but, but doesn’t the Bible say that the husband is supposed to be the head of the family?  Did #bestmamaever forget to read that verse?  What say ye, Jill???

Opps, I forgot!  Jill is busy, trying to move up the ranks in Plexus!  Her entire InstaStory is about Plexus and its benefits.  She’s claiming that it REALLY helps with hair growth, while at the same time she’s wearing hair extensions.  I would kind of like to live in her brain for 24 hours.  It would have to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, that’s for sure.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Yes. She and David had a falling out with the people running the church about doctrine and left. Then, Jill and crew, with instruments, returned to sing at a funeral of someone they knew, and they were turned away. This is Jill's sob story of her "persecution" and how brave and godly she was after being "ripped to shreds." I have some doubts about her rendition of the event (told here at a ladies' meeting), but there's no question that Jill R. is the queen of drama. 

They stayed even though they didn't sing. There was probably food after the funeral they weren't going to pass up. Jill is the queen of grifting too. 

I’m going to give credit where credit is due... Jill is not a bad speaker.

ETA:  She’s a much better speaker than Jeremy V.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I would kind of like to live in her brain for 24 hours.

You know that would hurt. Why would you want to do that to yourself? But you could tell us what Plexus tastes like then.

And you'd be sleeping with Shreck. Ew.

• LOL 15
Just now, Chicklet said:

You know that would hurt. Why would you want to do that to yourself? But you could tell us what Plexus tastes like then.

Oh, hell no!!  Those two things are NOT included!

1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

Low bar.

Extremely!

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Looking crazy as usual. She got new extensions. Forget feeding the kids!

1C8A1AD6-684B-4319-A4C4-5AF161481CB4.jpeg

Oh dear fucking goodness, this is the first thing on a Sunday morn you bless me with?!?!?!?

15 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Going back to my response on this from a couple of days ago, I'll grant that the couple of glasses of wine I'd had with dinner may have caused me to be a *cough* little more generous in my reaction than the performance warranted.

Thank goodness, my world has gone back to balance now😆

• LOL 12
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

B1E50BDB-E4FC-4ACE-95F7-E8010E4707D9.jpeg

I'm not a physician, nor do I play one on TV, but that sure looks like an enlarged thyroid.  Which might explain the googly eyes and seeming hypomania, too.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I'm not a physician, nor do I play one on TV, but that sure looks like an enlarged thyroid.  Which might explain the googly eyes and seeming hypomania, too.  

Well she probably will never go to a doctor because God or something and she just might be a nutjob prone to histrionics with a crap diet.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Chicklet said:

That imagine is keeping my diet going 🤣. Just no. 

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

Yeah, a couple of us have noticed that. Thyroid problems are no joke and when I looked at the ingredients in Plexus, I noticed some that can aggravate thyroid issues, too. She's playing with fire but she'll never know since she refuses to go to an evil doctor and instead spends her money on useless junk like grandfather clocks. At this point, I kind of wonder who will collapse first, Jill or David.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I did SmileDirect to fix one tooth that bothered me. It was $100 a month or $1k upfront if I remember correctly. Braces weren’t covered under my insurance. One thing about invisible aligners is that you have to wear them for something like 22 hours a day. You only pop them out to eat so...make your own conclusions on the next 10-12 months of Sammer’s “fasting” schedule. 

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Good morning! Sorry about that !

Well, don't let it happen again *puts on stern voice. I had to eat copious amounts of kitkat to calm myself down.

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Mirror mirror on the wall who is the worst mama of them all? 

she really thinks she’s the cats meow!

951365D1-B294-402D-A0BD-3B9F8E6788C6.jpeg

I would love to know how she thinks make up and hair extensios (is the magic pink drink  making your hair fall out or why doesn't she just grow her hair longer if she wants to be Rapunzel?) are just fine, whilste trouser-wearing women are sluttish?

• Love 9

I’d be shocked if the kids spend 10 minutes a day eating.

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

I did SmileDirect to fix one tooth that bothered me. It was $100 a month or $1k upfront if I remember correctly. Braces weren’t covered under my insurance. One thing about invisible aligners is that you have to wear them for something like 22 hours a day. You only pop them out to eat so...make your own conclusions on the next 10-12 months of Sammer’s “fasting” schedule. 

4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Mirror mirror on the wall who is the worst mama of them all? 

she really thinks she’s the cats meow!

951365D1-B294-402D-A0BD-3B9F8E6788C6.jpeg

Kill me, but this is one of her better pictures. She actually looks quite normal here

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Kill me, but this is one of her better pictures. She actually looks quite normal here

See that what bugs me the most. Jill is always dressed in properly fitted clothes with fake jewelry to match. She does not look like a 99 cent thrift store buys. Her kids look like she gets their clothes from a dumpster. Jill must own a ton of clothes/fake jewelry etc. Even Shrek wears poor fitting clothes. 

• Love 16
On 4/18/2021 at 12:49 PM, Snow Fairy said:

I think she looks normal here because she’s squinting, so her eyes don’t look like they’re getting ready to pop out of her head.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 4/16/2021 at 8:05 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

How does Jill merit front row seats? It's not like they're huge donors or anything.

I don't think churches assign seats according to donations. There's no one sitting in the same row of seats on the other side of the aisle, so they probably don't have any competition for them.

• Love 8

Amongst us heathen Catholics, nobody but old folks who are hard of hearing sit in the front row.  Not much competition there, although I do try to sit in the front third of the church because I have the attention span of a gnat and my mind wanders to grocery lists, TV shows and other trivia if I'm not towards the front.

In Jill's case, I am sure she would elbow anyone out of the way to sit in the front row.  We've seen her do it at countless weddings. even for people she barely knew.  She also went to the funeral of children who'd died in a fire who she did not know and not only sat in front at the service, but took selfies with the tiny caskets.  Everything is a chance to take a selfie in Jill's world.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Amongst us heathen Catholics, nobody but old folks who are hard of hearing sit in the front row.  Not much competition there, although I do try to sit in the front third of the church because I have the attention span of a gnat and my mind wanders to grocery lists, TV shows and other trivia if I'm not towards the front.

In Jill's case, I am sure she would elbow anyone out of the way to sit in the front row.  We've seen her do it at countless weddings. even for people she barely knew.  She also went to the funeral of children who'd died in a fire who she did not know and not only sat in front at the service, but took selfies with the tiny caskets.  Everything is a chance to take a selfie in Jill's world.

I think she also live streamed that funeral. I have a vague recollection of reading of the Rods at a Bates wedding. They allegedly commandeered the front row, and the girls were dressed in white. Sorry if I’m conflating incidents. Nothing gets between Jill R and a front row seat. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, SMama said:

I think she also live streamed that funeral. I have a vague recollection of reading of the Rods at a Bates wedding. They allegedly commandeered the front row, and the girls were dressed in white. Sorry if I’m conflating incidents. Nothing gets between Jill R and a front row seat. 

I would love to have seen that. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I remember the Rods being at a Bates wedding. I also remember Jill posting pictures of herself with various Bates and Duggars, and they all looked like they were being held at gunpoint. The Rods are clearly low-hanging fruit. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Amongst us heathen Catholics, nobody but old folks who are hard of hearing sit in the front row. 

You know, now that I think about it, the churches I went to as a kid, nobody really sat on the front row either. One time I was in a class where we all sat in the back of the class, and the professor bitched us out and told us to not act like it was a Baptist church and move upfront, so now I am wondering how common it is for anyone who is not Jill to sit on the front row. LOLOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

You know, now that I think about it, the churches I went to as a kid, nobody really sat on the front row either. One time I was in a class where we all sat in the back of the class, and the professor bitched us out and told us to not act like it was a Baptist church and move upfront, so now I am wondering how common it is for anyone who is not Jill to sit on the front row. LOLOL

When we had all school Mass, the first graders sat in the first row. When I went to Mass on my own, I sat more in the middle. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

When we had all school Mass, the first graders sat in the first row. When I went to Mass on my own, I sat more in the middle. 

I never wanted to sit up front anywhere. Too many eyeballs looking at you! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I never wanted to sit up front anywhere. Too many eyeballs looking at you! 

For school Masses you had no choice. My parents were also not sit in the front row people. 

• Love 3