Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, awaken said:

The bride looks very plain-faced and not made up. What’s with Timothy’s wide-legged stance?  He always does that, and Nathan does too. 

Preemptively guarding their genitals from their mom's weird Photoshop obsession with their crotches? Or Tim's crotch at least. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, awaken said:

The bride looks very plain-faced and not made up. What’s with Timothy’s wide-legged stance?  He always does that, and Nathan does too. 

The bride was from the family they visited in TN about 6 weeks ago (Cleghorn? something like that). They had a lot of daughters, and we were pairing them up with Rod boys. 😁

51 minutes ago, Zella said:

Preemptively guarding their genitals from their mom's weird Photoshop obsession with their crotches? Or Tim's crotch at least. 

It harkens back to the "wide stance" of Doug Phillips and the males of Vision Forum. 😂

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

So many questions!!!

1. If Timmy is at this fundie hookup event, why is the light on in his trailer?

2. Who is taking care of Tim’s dog (already asked, but asking again for emphasis)?

3.  If this is a Cleghorn daughter, and the Rods just met them, why are they attending the wedding???  Isn’t that incredibly gauche to attend the wedding of someone who you just recently met?  And were the invites willingly given or were enough hints “dropped” that one was reluctantly given?

4. Whyyyyyy is Renee wearing a modesty t shirt under her dress???  Girl, that neckline is high enough...

5. So glad to hear the wedding was God-honoring!!!!  Omg I can finally sleep now, knowing it wasn’t a God-dishonoring wedding!!!

6. Who really needed to see a screen capture of the wedding, featuring her kids walking down the aisle to their seats? 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

Good heavens, Chuck E Cheese can be a hotbed of cooties even in non-pandemic times.  I can't think of a worse place to bring a young, immunocompromised-looking child than that place.

Also in Jill's IG montage honoring Janessa, there was a short video of Jill lifting Janessa in the air and hugging her, and one of Janessa on the floor while Jill tickles her.  In neither was there the gleeful smile of a child enjoying her mother's company.  To me it looked like a little girl still working on being trained to smile when Mama turns the camera on.  Soon, she'll have that frozen deer-in-the-headlights grin of her older sisters.

• Love 8

I'm always confused by how Jill and her family treat Janessa.  According to Janessa's birthday post, she walks and talks like any 3 year old.  And yet, in almost every picture Jill posts someone is holding Janessa.  The birthday picture shows Janessa in a high chair and wearing a bib to eat cake when most healthy 3 year olds can sit just fine in a chair.  Is Jill lying about Janessa's health or is she infantilizing her because Jill knows Janessa is her last child?

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Zella said:

Plus, they probably have super skinny thighs with a huge gap. :(

21 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm always confused by how Jill and her family treat Janessa.  According to Janessa's birthday post, she walks and talks like any 3 year old.  And yet, in almost every picture Jill posts someone is holding Janessa.  The birthday picture shows Janessa in a high chair and wearing a bib to eat cake when most healthy 3 year olds can sit just fine in a chair.  Is Jill lying about Janessa's health or is she infantilizing her because Jill knows Janessa is her last child?

I go with both. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

6. Who really needed to see a screen capture of the wedding, featuring her kids walking down the aisle to their seats? 

If i ever cyber-stalked my young adult children, I wouldn't post evidence of such activity ;).

• Love 1

Did David and Jill take Janessa to CC without the rest of the kids? Did Janessa get pizza, or did they just play a couple of games? 

The bride appears to be a Cleghorn daughter. There are at least four other daughters who look old enough to be matches for Tim (or Phillip?). I'm not sure how Jill will personally benefit from the arrangement since it won't be another almost-DUGGAR connection, but having a super-submissive DIL might be enough. Anyway, Tim is 21 and is probably expected to vacate the holding cell/backyard trailer soon so Phillip can move in.

We might get an announcement shortly. If they hurry, an August wedding is possible. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Did David and Jill take Janessa to CC without the rest of the kids? Did Janessa get pizza, or did they just play a couple of games? 

The bride appears to be a Cleghorn daughter. There are at least four other daughters who look old enough to be matches for Tim (or Phillip?). I'm not sure how Jill will personally benefit from the arrangement since it won't be another almost-DUGGAR connection, but having a super-submissive DIL might be enough. Anyway, Tim is 21 and is probably expected to vacate the holding cell/backyard trailer soon so Phillip can move in.

We might get an announcement shortly. If they hurry, an August wedding is possible. 

Where is he going to live? I guess he can move in with the in-laws. 

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Where is he going to live? I guess he can move in with the in-laws. 

The Rod males are up the creek without the proverbial paddle.  Forget the fact they are homely, skeletal to be precise. After all beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But they have no skills other than folding bible pamphlets. Their education is non existent, and their musical skills are sub par. Is there a fundie father who wants a Rod male for his daughter where the plan is to grift for a living? I may come across a BEC but the best BEST MAMA EVER could score for Nurie was a man with a lawn business (no shame in that) that could only provide an RV as their home. The girls will get the Nathan Kellers of the fundie world. The males have a really tough road ahead of them. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, judyjudyjudy said:

The way she is holding her spoon is not how a 3 year old is capable of doing such a task.  My 17 month old grandson holds his spoon better.  Something isn't adding up...

I remember seeing some not-too-long-ago pics of them eating dinner out.  There was a photo of Janessa eating her dinner off of a napkin that was lying open on the table.  No utensils, no plate, using fingers.  And I remember fruit or veggies (carrots, maybe?)  being involved.  But again, is this a matter of Jill infantizing Janessa or something much bigger, like developmental issues that they can’t ignore or pray away?

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

If she has developmental issues, I'm sure they think they can ignore them or pray them away.  The dr said the poor little tykes brain has made it's own way of doing things, so I'm sure Jill sees that as her being cured, although she will ALWAYS bring it up when mentioning Janessa just like she ALWAYS has to mention that her sister Amy is SEVERELY paralyzed. 

• Love 5

Before Janessa was born, Jill posted that she had had a stroke in utero, and that she was born without a corpus callosum.  The corpus callosum is the bundle of nerves that make both sides of the brain coordinate.  If this is indeed true, Janessa can have some serious development issues. There is a wide range of ability, and each case is different, but it would not surprise me at all that Janessa has some serious delays.  But, of course, Jill says she is cured.

Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum (ACC)

"Agenesis" of the corpus callosum applies when the corpus callosum was never developed in the first place. This link provides an overview. The thing that got to me is that there seems to be little evidence of her walking (hard to tell in a still shot, to be sure, but just that there are many pictures of her being carried). With ACC, I would be wondering about her development especially on tasks where she has to coordinate between the right and left side of her body (such as walking). 

Perinatal Stroke

Looking up a stroke in utero, I came across this link for a perinatal stroke. This too can also lead to intellectual and developmental delays. 

Looking at those pictures of Janessa I just cannot believe that she would be three and still be able to sit in a high chair. I don't have kids of my own, so I don't know exactly when kids graduate from high chairs, but I would think that a three-year-old would be able to sit in a regular chair with maybe a booster seat. At the very least because the three-year-old would be too big for a high chair.

• Love 5

I doubt Janessa needs to be in a highchair, it's just easier to put her in it and not have to deal with another squirmy kid at meal times. Plus, that frees up space for the rest of the Rodlets. 

I think Janessa is not only the Rod's miracle baby, but the last baby. It isn't unusual to baby the youngest, especially if they have/had medical issues as an infant. I don't think we see enough of Janessa to diagnose a real medical issue, but even if she has one there is no way the Rods are going to acknowledge it or get her any help. And given how immature all the rest of their children seem to be would they even know if Janessa was delayed?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
40 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum (ACC)

"Agenesis" of the corpus callosum applies when the corpus callosum was never developed in the first place. This link provides an overview. The thing that got to me is that there seems to be little evidence of her walking (hard to tell in a still shot, to be sure, but just that there are many pictures of her being carried). With ACC, I would be wondering about her development especially on tasks where she has to coordinate between the right and left side of her body (such as walking). 

Perinatal Stroke

Looking up a stroke in utero, I came across this link for a perinatal stroke. This too can also lead to intellectual and developmental delays. 

Looking at those pictures of Janessa I just cannot believe that she would be three and still be able to sit in a high chair. I don't have kids of my own, so I don't know exactly when kids graduate from high chairs, but I would think that a three-year-old would be able to sit in a regular chair with maybe a booster seat. At the very least because the three-year-old would be too big for a high chair.

I’ve seen her walking in a few videos, and she walks just like every other child her age.  We all know that #bestmamaever loves to exaggerate and stretch the truth, and I have always taken Janessa’s diagnosis with a grain of salt.  As for Janessa holding her spoon wrong, I seriously doubt that she’s ever used eating utensils before, especially full-sized utensils.  I think that she eats with her fingers or someone feeds her.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, OpieTaylor said:

I’ve also seen Janessa walking in a couple of videos, but can’t recall if I’ve heard/seen her speak?

She spoke in a video talking about some animal. I was actually surprised that she spoke more clearly and on topic than I'd expected.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2

the lone boy with his hands over his ears is classic.

what is the actual name of their church? I spent years, when i worked for a church, arguing rights to personal images of children shown in church on social media without consent. I will call the church. In my head I have "church of the neon sign" for their church and can't remember the actual name.

I argued for adult rights as well - in the end all parents signing kids up for any church function had to sign a waiver allowing images to be used. I doubt the jrod church does that

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 20

in other Jrod news - she is shilling Smile Direct Club - Samuel got smile direct club teeth retainers and she wants referrals so they can get credit. while poor phillip is not getting help. Phillip has the same front tooth gap as his dad and grandma rodrigues.

videos are all on her fb - Phillip didn't "qualify for/or did not want braces"

https://www.facebook.com/100006850878192/videos/pcb.2842825305955804/2842822722622729

i will say Phillip and Gabriel got glasses and so Samuel is getting his non existent teeth problems worked out.

you just have to watch the crazy - I can't explain

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

in other Jrod news - she is shilling Smile Direct Club - Samuel got smile direct club teeth retainers and she wants referrals so they can get credit. while poor phillip is not getting help. Phillip has the same front tooth gap as his dad and grandma rodrigues.

videos are all on her fb - Phillip didn't "qualify for/or did not want braces"

https://www.facebook.com/100006850878192/videos/pcb.2842825305955804/2842822722622729

i will say Phillip and Gabriel got glasses and so Samuel is getting his non existent teeth problems worked out.

you just have to watch the crazy - I can't explain

So I guess they have to choose between their eyes or their teeth? She is pathetic. So is Shrek. 

Jilly also comments their insurance would not pay for phillip to have braces and she used her plexus money for smile direct club for samuel's slightly crooked teeth

Edited by crazy8s
7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jilly also comments their insurance would not pay for phillip to have braces and she used her plexus money for smile direct club for samuel's slightly crooked teeth

She could have used the stimulus money.... oh wait that goes to Jill. 

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

So many frumpy/underfed Rodlets !

3 non Rodlets wearing sleeveless/sluttish dresses. Jill’s head must have exploded. 

The brazen audacity of them and their parents!! 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

the lone boy with his hands over his ears is classic.

what is the actual name of their church? I spent years, when i worked for a church, arguing rights to personal images of children shown in church on social media without consent. I will call the church. In my head I have "church of the neon sign" for their church and can't remember the actual name.

I argued for adult rights as well - in the end all parents signing kids up for any church function had to sign a waiver allowing images to be used. I doubt the jrod church does that

Their church is Joy Baptist. Don't know the town.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Their church is Joy Baptist. Don't know the town.

It's in Orrville.  If you check the pictures on the site, multiple photos of Rodlets singing with the choir. Towards the end of the pics, there are photos of the congregation at services.  Jill and Shrek are holding candles and right in the front row in one of them.  Of course.

http://www.joybaptistchurchofwaynecounty.com/

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 4
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They also have the archived sermons. I've heard that Samuel's latest is a doozy. So bad that I am actually afraid to listen to it. 

I don't want to put you through listening to it, emmawoodhouse, but I'm super curious! Did your source specify if it's a doozy because

a. The fire! The brimstone! The pants! The pink hair! The gay! The election! Sataaaaan!

b. God laid it on his heart via talking banana to deliver a sermon about Best Mama! in interpretive dance.

c. Charlie Brown's teacher wah wah wah

• LOL 18
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Oh good Tess got some food this month! Jill really is packing on the pounds! 

4E9C6508-32BB-40EC-AE74-DF1BF71FEE90.jpeg

A9528FAF-4FF0-45A9-A228-4B247DA98053.jpeg

Tess is such a beautiful girl.  She also seems to have less of that painful rictus grin that her older sisters have, like she might actually be semi-happy, although I can't imagine why...unless she's one of Jill's favorites or something?  Or maybe Tess is just a better actress?

But why does Jill seem to have her hand on Tess's leg?  That's uncomfortable....

• Love 4
3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I don't want to put you through listening to it, emmawoodhouse, but I'm super curious! Did your source specify if it's a doozy because

a. The fire! The brimstone! The pants! The pink hair! The gay! The election! Sataaaaan!

b. God laid it on his heart via talking banana to deliver a sermon about Best Mama! in interpretive dance.

c. Charlie Brown's teacher wah wah wah

On their church's website, click on media, click on afternoon Sunday services, and you too can listen to Samuel's awful sermon.  He basically says that the problem with today's youth is their parents didn't correct them enough.   He talks about the rod.  He also seems to be crying a little bit.  I'm sure his dad wrote out the sermon and Sam had to read it.  What teenager wants to get up and talk about spanking/beating?  He must have been so embarrassed.

Please do listen to this, from about minute 8 and do not give up until minute 11 or so.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/52ff89eee4b09e6f5ea66d0d/t/5fc43b737acac6192a472893/1606695923002/11-29-20+Phillip+Rodrigues+-+Servant.mp3/original/11-29-20+Phillip+Rodrigues+-+Servant.mp3

youre most welcome!

ps...philip thinks “hungry” is a country. And he didnt realise that hungAry is one. And he is the worst “preacher” ever

• LOL 7

What insurance is Jill talking about? If it's Medicaid (probably), braces are covered only in extreme circumstances. Samuel looks fine as is, and even Phillip's teeth are not extreme, although braces would make sense for him. Jill just decided to spend money on Samuel for some reason. Maybe he'll get featured in advertising materials for the Smile Direct company and Jill will get some money back. 

Whatever went on in that head of hers, Jill obviously needed to buy a giant clock for herself more than she needed to spend the stimulus money on health services for her children.  

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 1