Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I have mixed feelings about Shrek.

Nobody deserves to live with Jill. Still, he quit paid employment to become a freeloader for Jesus, while he kept having kids he couldn't afford. The kids look sad and hungry, but he's obviously not bothered since he gets more food than he needs

I'm thinking the same.Most men would be working hard to provide for their large families,but many fundies seem to get away with not doing so.David could work and bring in a paycheck,and they could still tour on weekends,which they ;prob. do anyway.Anything but rely on hand outs and the evil gov't!

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill said she worked very hard on the garden, which they are sitting IN, along  with artificial flowers.

97DC294F-B83A-4239-93CF-3537C353A137.jpeg

It looks like an outdoor version of their dumpy cluttered warehouse. Crap everywhere. They look homeless sitting around on an old discarded couch in a back alley somewhere. And that row of bricks in front of the couch is a nice tripping hazard. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Is this the first time the kids go somewhere without Jill?

Timothy went of to Jesus pilot training a few times, but had to return home.

Nurie and Kaylee spent a few weeks with Mike and Debi Pearl a few years ago and Jill sniffed and sniffed about it was the first time they had been away or some such nonsense. The kids have been left with various families while Jill and the hunk take a getaway. But I don't recall any of them going off on a trip by themselves.

surely they had to have mama on the phone every second of the drive until they reached the Pearls or whoever was chaperone for the weekend.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I have the tiniest amount of sympathy for Shrek.  I mean, can you imagine how exhausted he has to be just from living with that maniac mama for 20+ years?  There’s a reason why he appears to be completely checked out in every video/photo, and I suspect that reason is Ole Crazy Eyes.

And his mouth is always gaping open in every pic,like he's thinking, "WTHeck?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/10/2021 at 6:52 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

My guess is a Pearl relative or the Botkin son who's been engaged for a while. 

His wedding isn't scheduled until November, but you could be right. I'm kind of hoping the young woman runs in that case. 

On 4/10/2021 at 3:46 PM, iwantcookies said:

They are taking a fan and a pillow on a road trip?! Lol 

The Rods are morons, but I can’t knock the pillow. I’m extremely picky about my pillow, so I take mine whenever I travel, even when I’m staying in a hotel. (We actually just came back from a cheer comp/beach weekend, and my trusty pillow traveled with us. 😂). My kids also take a fan (theirs is a personal size, however) since they like the white noise. 

• Love 9

So JillR posts pics of her kids at the wedding. She actually circles them in some shots. Nothing is ever about anyone else. Her kids attending a wedding. Might the wedding be of some significance? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 4/10/2021 at 7:19 PM, ginger90 said:

I sleep with a fan on every night. I have been known to travel with one, just in case my destination doesn’t have one. My travel one is not a box fan though. I need the steady sound, and at my age the sound machines with water would be a big NO!!

That is a Walmart fan (well, you can buy it anywhere but it is cheapest at Walmart).  I buy the box fan every season (yes, even winter) because i need some noise in the bedroom.. obviously not happening with a person.. lol TMI

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Phillip's pants might have a fundie record for most extra material bunched around the ankles.

I'm sorry - I am not the most beautiful person - not bad - but those sons.. just ugh!  Are they sure there is nothing wrong with them too?  Cause they just do not look right.  (i'm not making fun - I have special needs nephew - but he looks kinda like them).  Poor kids.

15 minutes ago, Boston said:

I'm sorry - I am not the most beautiful person - not bad - but those sons.. just ugh!  Are they sure there is nothing wrong with them too?  Cause they just do not look right.  (i'm not making fun - I have special needs nephew - but he looks kinda like them).  Poor kids.

Under fed, under educated,  under socialized. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

711F284D-2231-4A39-A02B-73851AFC2351.jpeg

D4D18BBC-B23F-4567-9348-A506A7F18E34.jpeg

I'm surprised Jill didn't offer up some bullshit dig about how ungodly mothers UNLIKE HERSELF would have aborted Janessa, possibly at the moment of her birth. 

Edited by Heathen
To remove an extra space between words
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Boston said:

All of the boys would look better if they weren’t skin and bones.  Samuel, the boy with dark hair, is actually very good-looking IMO, and Timmy, the eldest with dark blond hair, isn’t bad-looking either.  Phillip, the one at the wedding in a suit 4 sizes too big, is positively skeletal, which makes him look terminally ill and kind of scary-looking.  My heart breaks for all of them.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Kaylee is dressed like a bridesmaid, just not for the wedding she attended. 

Yeah I thought the same thing, especially since she has what look like matching shoes.  Then I remembered that for Nurie's wedding, one of the bridal party colors was that approximate shade of green, so that's probably where the dress came from.   At least she found a use for the dress...

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I think the girls actually look nice.  Is it me, or do they have less make up than usual, and less poofy hair?

They do look really nice and like regular teenagers and not like their mother's version of teenagers.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Phillip's pants might have a fundie record for most extra material bunched around the ankles.

I noticed Phillip usually has a tightly clenched fist in his photos. Like he is wound up and ready to explode with whatever he is feeling.

30 minutes ago, peppergal said:

Yeah I thought the same thing, especially since she has what look like matching shoes.  Then I remembered that for Nurie's wedding, one of the bridal party colors was that approximate shade of green, so that's probably where the dress came from.   At least she found a use for the dress...

It is her dress from Nurie's wedding. It might be OK if it were shortened, but it looks too wedding party for a guest. At first, I thought she was in the wedding, but she wasn't. 

Renee's dress is an interesting print. It looks like x-rays and sonograms. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It is her dress from Nurie's wedding. It might be OK if it were shortened, but it looks too wedding party for a guest. At first, I thought she was in the wedding, but she wasn't. 

Renee's dress is an interesting print. It looks like x-rays and sonograms. 

I went back and looked for the x-rays and sonograms and you're so right!  I think I saw a cat scan in there as well!

• LOL 8
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What in the actual **** is this?  The set of Fundie Survivor?  

And yes to the post above that those bricks look like a trip hazard. They look so randomly dropped down, too. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Yes! All we need is Jeff Probst for tribal council. This is the most random collection of stuff for a garden. Not sure where JillR gets her inspiration, but it is not an interesting or welcoming spot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Yes! All we need is Jeff Probst for tribal council. This is the most random collection of stuff for a garden. Not sure where JillR gets her inspiration, but it is not an interesting or welcoming spot.

It looks like a dismantled crib leaning against the tree under the Coke sign...how very sad if this is where the little girls go to play. 😞

• Love 2

The miracle Janessa looks like she has scoliosis. Does mommy take her to a pediatrician for regular check ups? I doubt that.

Scary thought. Jill might go see a fertility doctor to have a baby. That stimulus $ is burning in her pocket!

32 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It looks like a dismantled crib leaning against the tree under the Coke sign...how very sad if this is where the little girls go to play. 😞

i thought it was probably the picket fence used at the ladies retreat

ladies retreat.jpg

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

What in Dollar Tree hell is this mess? 

It's Jill-designed 'decor', doncha know?  When I think of gardens, I don't think of a tiny patch of bare ground just big enough for a bench and a bunch of trash leaning against a tree.  That 'garden' is not a garden at all, IMO.  It's an eyesore.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That just looks so incredibly redneck, all it needs is a car up on blocks in the background to be complete. (the RV is a good effort, but it's in too good of shape to replace the junker car).

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Fosca said:

That just looks so incredibly redneck, all it needs is a car up on blocks in the background to be complete. (the RV is a good effort, but it's in too good of shape to replace the junker car).

not the junker car, just the seats out of an old junker car

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

not the junker car, just the seats out of an old junker car

Jill needs to repurpose an old toilet bowl and plant flowers in it.  That's always really klassy.

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

i thought it was probably the picket fence used at the ladies retreat

ladies retreat.jpg

This looks like the set design of a first-grade Easter play.

I’m sure that ode to Janessa was a response to the questions of why her brother-mom is always carrying her. Of course Jill posts a picture of herself lifting Janessa once upon a time.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

All of the boys would look better if they weren’t skin and bones.  Samuel, the boy with dark hair, is actually very good-looking IMO, and Timmy, the eldest with dark blond hair, isn’t bad-looking either.  Phillip, the one at the wedding in a suit 4 sizes too big, is positively skeletal, which makes him look terminally ill and kind of scary-looking.  My heart breaks for all of them.

I think Philip having David's ears doesn't help matters,either

• Love 4

The Janessa post was written for Jill, about Jill, pictures of no other family member other than Jill, and even signed “Love Mama &  Family”.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3