Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

They are taking a fan and a pillow on a road trip?!

I'm thinking they're staying somewhere other than a hotel... but where? If it was someone's home, they might need the bedding, but the fan? They look like kids going off to college, but sadly that's not the case.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Whose wedding are they going to?

I wondered this, too. Jill and Shrek weren't invited? I guess their desire to let the daughters mingle with potential eligible fundies overcame their horror at not being considered important enough for an invite?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Madtown said:

RUN RUN RUN for your lives! Don't look back, just GO!
If only they could....

Yes to run they need money, education and the ability to accept there are people who believe different than they do. Thanks to Jill they have none of that. 

1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I wondered this, too. Jill and Shrek weren't invited? I guess their desire to let the daughters mingle with potential eligible fundies overcame their horror at not being considered important enough for an invite?

That'd be my guess

• Love 1

Renee looks fresh faced and 10 years younger than she does when she’s got a full face of fundy paint on. The kids look happy to be getting away from their captors if even for a little while. I hope Phillip gets to eat.

I know not everyone can afford new luggage, but that suitcase is straight out of the 70’s. It’s going to take the strength of all four of those frail kids to lift that thing. And the pillow is sitting directly on damp gravel. I’m guessing they’re going to sleep in the car. 

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Renee looks fresh faced and 10 years younger than she does when she’s got a full face of fundy paint on. The kids look happy to be getting away from their captors if even for a little while. I hope Phillip gets to eat.

I know not everyone can afford new luggage, but that suitcase is straight out of the 70’s. It’s going to take the strength of all four of those frail kids to lift that thing. And the pillow is sitting directly on damp gravel. I’m guessing they’re going to sleep in the car. 

Sleeping in the car or possibly a small tent is my guess. Jill is out buying tacky decor and new phones with the ebul stimulus money as fast as she can, so there's no money for a motel. 

I wonder why Sam missed this meet and greet opportunity. Maybe Phillip and Tim are there just for chaperone duties. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kbo said:

I’m glad they didn’t forget to pack a fan, I know that’s on the top of my list whenever I go to a wedding 🙄.  I’m shocked she’s letting them out of her sight. I would be very curious to see how they behave away from Jill. Do they keep up the facade, or go speeding down the road listening to heavy metal 🤟

When the weather warms up, I crank up Nine Inch Nails! 

• Love 5

I sleep with a fan on every night. I have been known to travel with one, just in case my destination doesn’t have one. My travel one is not a box fan though. I need the steady sound, and at my age the sound machines with water would be a big NO!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Someone on Facebook mentioned that the Not-Nurie on the left is clearly making the domestic abuse signal...

Shit, well to be fair if it were a video it could be, but not shown in a still. There is another step to the signal. But damn.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Someone on Facebook mentioned that the Not-Nurie on the left is clearly making the domestic abuse signal...

Would they even be aware of that? I doubt they get any unsupervised internet time.

• Love 6

It makes me incredibly sad to think that Rod girl could secretly be giving a sign of abuse. And even if she is or isn't, it worries me that JRod reads here and could possibly punish her over it. I can't imagine how she'd be able to get on the internet secretly to even learn the signal for abuse, though. 

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Eh, it just looks like she's showing off all the luggage. I seriously doubt these kids know distress signals. 

All it takes is one look at those 12 kids to know that they’re in distress.  No signals are needed.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I sleep with a fan on every night. I have been known to travel with one, just in case my destination doesn’t have one. My travel one is not a box fan though. I need the steady sound, and at my age the sound machines with water would be a big NO!!

I have an app on my phone for white noise; you can pick your sound.  It is great for travel.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

God  BEST MOMMA still can't decide what Tim's future should be. Wonder what Tim thinks. Never mind. He has no say in the matter. 

ETA: While they're in that store with a shopping cart, maybe Jill and David should put some groceries in it like normal people do. The Rods are flush with government money right now. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

with our "littles" and Samuel, who couldn't fit in the car with the other ":bigs"

Is Gabriel the designated Janessa caretaker? What kind of store are they in? I’m not used to seeing ice cream cones in a grocery or convenience store, but maybe that’s common where the Rods live. JillR must have seen the posts questioning why she was at the park without the “littles”

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Is Gabriel the designated Janessa caretaker? What kind of store are they in? I’m not used to seeing ice cream cones in a grocery or convenience store, but maybe that’s common where the Rods live. JillR must have seen the posts questioning why she was at the park without the “littles”

yes on Gabriel - he is seen holding Janessa in most group pics.

I think they are maybe at a Buelers market - they serve ice cream. nice the two big guys got two scoops and tessie is most likely sharing with Janessa since she has a bowl and janessa appears to be eating an empty cone.

some of our local groceries have ice cream by the deli. all are still closed due to pandemic though.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

There was a camping in the backyard video. Jill seems like she spend plenty of $ on decorating that too. Who cares if kids look malnourished?

The HUNK was slumped in a chair doing nothing. He looks like Peter from Family Guy. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

some of our local groceries have ice cream by the deli. all are still closed due to pandemic though.

There is a chain of vegetable/fruit marts here where I live that have an ice cream counter, so it's not that odd.  I just wonder if they paid for those ice creams or were they grifted?   I am imagining them crooning out some Jesus song in order to get "donated" treats.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

The HUNK was slumped in a chair doing nothing. He looks like Peter from Family Guy. 

he was slumped in a chair staring at his phone in the easter egg hunt videos as well

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

In my opinion,  David is totally checked out of his family.  He seems to only smile if Jilly makes him and I've hardly seen him in a picture with his daughters,  only his sons. Its very weird.

• Love 3

David looks checked out on himself too. His clothes are sloppy and often stained/dirty, and he doesn't smile as we have all noticed. 

If he's not simply exhausted by Jill and a houseful of kids, he should be checked for diabetes. That wouldn't be a bad idea even if he is exhausted by Jill. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

There was a camping in the backyard video. Jill seems like she spend plenty of $ on decorating that too. Who cares if kids look malnourished?

Did you notice the fake flowers that Jill has buried in her “gar-en”? (Gar-en is the way she pronounced “garden”.)

• LOL 5
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

David looks checked out on himself too. His clothes are sloppy and often stained/dirty, and he doesn't smile as we have all noticed. 

If he's not simply exhausted by Jill and a houseful of kids, he should be checked for diabetes. That wouldn't be a bad idea even if he is exhausted by Jill. 

I have the tiniest amount of sympathy for Shrek.  I mean, can you imagine how exhausted he has to be just from living with that maniac mama for 20+ years?  There’s a reason why he appears to be completely checked out in every video/photo, and I suspect that reason is Ole Crazy Eyes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

he was slumped in a chair staring at his phone in the easter egg hunt videos as well

I expect Jill or one of the kids to find him slumped over dead one of these days.  I don’t think Shrek is in good health at all.  In fact, he looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I have the tiniest amount of sympathy for Shrek.  I mean, can you imagine how exhausted he has to be just from living with that maniac mama for 20+ years?  There’s a reason why he appears to be completely checked out in every video/photo, and I suspect that reason is Ole Crazy Eyes.

I have mixed feelings about Shrek.

Nobody deserves to live with Jill. Still, he quit paid employment to become a freeloader for Jesus, while he kept having kids he couldn't afford. The kids look sad and hungry, but he's obviously not bothered since he gets more food than he needs. 

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I expect Jill or one of the kids to find him slumped over dead one of these days.  I don’t think Shrek is in good health at all.  In fact, he looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.

Not that I wish him dead, but It would be interesting to have a situation that required a police investigation. Paranoid Jill would freak out with yet another government agency persecuting her. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill said she worked very hard on the garden, which they are sitting IN, Along  with artificial flowers.

97DC294F-B83A-4239-93CF-3537C353A137.jpeg

also Jilly rants about the evils of caffeine and has a coca cola sign in her garden??

• LOL 11
  • Love 3