Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

JillR is really bold. She's purchases an expensive clock for a room she is begging others for money to build. And what sucks is, she'll likely get donations to build the freaking room. She is a Master Grifter.

• Love 4
On 4/8/2021 at 2:47 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

I know they want to build that addition, but they estimated the cost of that to be around $15k. They got over 30k. 

Did Jill announce this fact?

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I am sure the entire stimulus check will be wasted overfilling the new living room with tchotchkes and crappy oversized furniture, all selected by Jill and paid for by the taxpayers.  Not a dime will be spent improving the lives of any of those kids.

Oh and date nights for her and Shrek. 

• Love 3

When I look at that photo, all I can see is the top of a water heater covered with flammable junk. Are people supposed to take health advice from a woman who poses in front of a firetrap she set up in her own home? I don't know if I should laugh or cry. 

Frilly Jilly, Queen of Tacky and Trashy. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Honestly, Jill is a pretty woman. It's the inside that's ugly.

The decorated water heater is terrifying. I can't believe that this family lives in that depressing, industrial, firetrap and she's out there buying expensive, useless, enormous furniture like a grandfather clock. I feel like the world as it exists in Jill's head has zero resemblance to the actual world we all live in.

• Love 15

@doodlebug

I came from a large family also, and I remember individual Easter baskets.  I remember one particular year when I was maybe 9 or 10 and had made the supreme sacrifice and gave  up cookies for Lent.  Of course that was the year when a new kind of cookie came out.  I remember that they were small, round and had a brown sugar cinnamon flavor.  On Easter Sunday morning, I awoke to find a box of that very same cookie in my basket that I did not have to share with my siblings.  Needless to say, I was ecstatic!  
As years went on, for the few of us who remained at home, my mother would simply fill a big salad bowl full of nutritious chocolate eggs and jelly beans, and leave it in the kitchen table.  However, we still had our own chocolate bunny—she would write our name on the box—which she left in the communal bowl.

I wonder if Jill would even go to her neighborhood CVS or Walgreens this week to buy the half price Easter candy.  The children would really enjoy it.  I picked up some lovely Cadbury mini eggs, and other assorted goodies.  

• Love 15
(edited)
18 minutes ago, marypat57 said:

@doodlebug

I came from a large family also, and I remember individual Easter baskets.  I remember one particular year when I was maybe 9 or 10 and had made the supreme sacrifice and gave  up cookies for Lent.  Of course that was the year when a new kind of cookie came out.  I remember that they were small, round and had a brown sugar cinnamon flavor.  On Easter Sunday morning, I awoke to find a box of that very same cookie in my basket that I did not have to share with my siblings.  Needless to say, I was ecstatic!  
As years went on, for the few of us who remained at home, my mother would simply fill a big salad bowl full of nutritious chocolate eggs and jelly beans, and leave it in the kitchen table.  However, we still had our own chocolate bunny—she would write our name on the box—which she left in the communal bowl.

I wonder if Jill would even go to her neighborhood CVS or Walgreens this week to buy the half price Easter candy.  The children would really enjoy it.  I picked up some lovely Cadbury mini eggs, and other assorted goodies.  

If she buys anything it’s only for herself and Shrek. Wouldn’t surprise me if the candy they got for Easter was gifted. 

Edited by iwantcookies
18 hours ago, Portia said:

The "defiled by bitterness" language is straight out of Hebrews 12:15.

But I'm so fucking mad about that grandfather clock, I can't see straight.

The grandfather clock just proves what a selfish, self-centered bitch Jill truly is.  She can tell social media 24/7 about how much she loves her kids, but the fact remains that she doesn’t love anyone as much as she loves herself.  I’m not saying that she doesn’t love her children but if one had to rank the things/people that she loves, those children would be at the bottom of the list.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

they now have at least 2 decorated water heaters

Screenshot (60).png

Does anyone know what part of their house this was taken in? Please tell me it's not their living room, it looks like a concrete subfloor underneath that rug, the walls don't have any drywall, you can see visible plumbing, and the freaking washer/dryer/water heater are right out in the open. I can't figure their house out. 

Just now, emma675 said:

Does anyone know what part of their house this was taken in? Please tell me it's not their living room, it looks like a concrete subfloor underneath that rug, the walls don't have any drywall, you can see visible plumbing, and the freaking washer/dryer/water heater are right out in the open. I can't figure their house out. 

It's their storage room/laundry room/living room.  It was originally part of the workshop side of their home.  The more habitable parts of the home were turned into bedrooms and hallways and extra bathrooms.  This is why Jill and Shrek need an extra 15 grand to build a living room.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, marypat57 said:

@doodlebug

Your story  about the cookies made me smile. What a sweet memory to have! 

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Sweet baby Moses. she "decorated" the top of the water heater...which is in her closet?

A mystery is solved. I wondered how that 30 gallon in the print shop was taking care of 14 people in three bathrooms. Jill got her own water heater for the jetted tub she soaks in after a hard day's work reading about herself on social media. The kids make do with the hot water from the other tank. 

6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill photoshops herself to death. Where is her pointy chin at??? 

I think it went the same place as the puffiness on her neck. There's a strange line of definition running down the side of her neck in the water heater photo. 

Edited by BradandJanet
spacing
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The grandfather clock just proves what a selfish, self-centered bitch Jill truly is.  She can tell social media 24/7 about how much she loves her kids, but the fact remains that she doesn’t love anyone as much as she loves herself.  I’m not saying that she doesn’t love her children but if one had to rank the things/people that she loves, those children would be at the bottom of the list.

The kids are def. at the bottom of her list of priorities

• Love 1

I'm sure one of the NotNuries will do a lovely post insisting this grandfather clock is something their mama longed for her whole life and its just a dream come true for the entire family.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

My take, defiled = corrupted.

Went to watch the video. Jill was kneeling in front of a grandfather clock in this video. She said she got it to put in their living room when they get their addition built. 

3B335012-5DF7-40C9-AF5B-7E451DE27D8E.jpeg

My husband, with whom I have not shared my fundie obsession, walked by as I was reading this post. His first comment: “She looks high whoever she is.”  Then he paused and said, “Actually, she looks like (our friend) Mary on crack.” 

• LOL 19

JRod just HAS to mention Amy's accident every single chance she gets, doesn't she? Why does she insist on harping on it? Amy is much more than a single event or diagnosis, but Jill acts like she didn't even exist before she was injured.

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Wait is Jilly implying that some other human might be interested in that person she's married to? She's even more delusional than I could imagine.

David must have done something regarding another woman and Jill had to fight for her marriage. It was hardly some "affair" but something normal like a handshake. Like anyone wants Shrek. Yuck! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m SEVERELY shocked that Jill DOES NOT have a P.O. Box for gifts from her 11,000 Instagram followers. I’m sure she can get some gift cards sent to her.

And in 3... 2... 1...

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Is there more to JillR's post than is posted here? I took the "fighting for your marriage" to mean, don't give up when the relationship is tough. Kind of like, all you heathens take the easy way out and get divorces.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is there more to JillR's post than is posted here? I took the "fighting for your marriage" to mean, don't give up when the relationship is tough. Kind of like, all you heathens take the easy way out and get divorces.

What I posted was in her stories. This is the post:

1BDD77F2-0DE8-4E92-9DBE-4C2F6A2DC798.jpeg

F8D67891-D6B8-47D7-A075-57FD019ABB9C.jpeg

• LOL 4
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Well could be either thing but "the other woman" idea came to mind first despite a rising gorge. And I bet David never utters a word or disagrees with crazy lady so this is just theater for Jill. You know to be kinda relatable or superior?

• Love 9
20 hours ago, marypat57 said:

@doodlebug

There were 4 of us kids - me, the oldest and 3 younger brothers.  I remember my mother (who is no mother of the year - at least after we reached puberty) and father giving us individual Easter baskets (and i got a new dress and purse - the yellow was my favorite).. with our OWN favorite candy.  I liked white chocolate then (yuk).  and i always got a white bunny and my brothers got dark.

p.s.  Lord that kid is skinny in that last JRod picture (with the second decorative water heater)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

David must have done something regarding another woman and Jill had to fight for her marriage. It was hardly some "affair" but something normal like a handshake. Like anyone wants Shrek. Yuck! 

The salesgirl said: hi how can I help you? 

Jill heard: (purring like a sex kitten) Mmm hey there sexy HUNK. Here’s my phone number call me! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I think Jill just wants us to think that other women lust for her man. Frankly, I can't see it. Not only does he have "interesting" looks, he doesn't have a paying job and has a crazy wife and an army of dependent kids. 

• Love 13

the Pearls are in Tennessee aren't they? Since Nurie and Kaylee had a 2 week stay with the Pearls years ago maybe they are sending a different group for a visit.

I missed the part about a wedding

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

E047D4F3-2F08-4768-8B89-A4953008C91E.jpeg

531F988A-376E-4B69-B209-0E83C2408098.jpeg

I’m glad they didn’t forget to pack a fan, I know that’s on the top of my list whenever I go to a wedding 🙄.  I’m shocked she’s letting them out of her sight. I would be very curious to see how they behave away from Jill. Do they keep up the facade, or go speeding down the road listening to heavy metal 🤟

• LOL 19