Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I can't imagine giving one of my children a special treat and not the other. Omg. I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief that a parent could be so cruel. Wow. Just wow! I feel so horrible for those children.

My mom would do that and then get mad at ME,and claim I was greedy if I said anything.No doubt Jill does the same

3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Great, something else for Chad to do while Erin whines and does her hair. 

It seems since they can't have more kids,they're getting pets instead.Which is going to become a zoo in no time.They've a cat,dog,bunny,pigs and Idk what all else

Someone needs to send Jill the Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

• Love 15
1 hour ago, sondraK said:

My mom would do that and then get mad at ME,and claim I was greedy if I said anything.No doubt Jill does the same

It seems since they can't have more kids,they're getting pets instead.Which is going to become a zoo in no time.They've a cat,dog,bunny,pigs and Idk what all else

They also have goats.  And , of course, the female pig is pregnant.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, crazy8s said:

From Jilly's fb easter videos -I sort of watched the video and maybe mis heard what jill said. they were keeping track of how many jelly beans each child got and Janessa was the one that "won the chocolate bunny" so she was the only kid who got a hollow Palmer chocolate bunny? Also, in the background some kid questions on the hollow bunny "wait, there's nothing in it?"

The scorecard:

B2E26F9D-149E-4DB9-A588-2D5D8401F66B.jpeg

4 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

What is the scorecard from?

I think that’s the jellybean scorecard. I hope Janessa’s brother-mom at least got a piece of chocolate. He seems to be her designated handler. I remember him lugging her around during the last Easter egg hunt.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The pig had her babies. Maybe 6 or 7 little piglets.

What, pray tell, does Princess Erin expect to do with bacon on the hoof?

She reminds me, and always has reminded me, of someone for whom it's never enough. Never enough kids. Always a new hobby, usually expensive, which is abandoned when she gets bored with it. Always over the top. One of my aunts is very much like her (and is a bible thumper too), and I loathe her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The scorecard:

B2E26F9D-149E-4DB9-A588-2D5D8401F66B.jpeg

Well, it figures that the sunken-eyed waifs Sofia and Sadie got the least candy. Jill can't even fake the food favoritism that goes on in that family. 

In the end, all the kids lose, however. Only Jill and David can win the Rodrigues food rationing game.  

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

What is the scorecard from?

I understood Jill to say that it’s how many eggs each child found.  Those children must’ve worked for many hours filling hundreds of Easter eggs with candy.  You would think that the older kids and Jill and Shrek could’ve filled the damned eggs themselves so that the little kids wouldn’t have to.  Did the youngsters have to hide the eggs too?  I use the word “hide” loosely because from what I saw, the eggs were “hidden” in plain sight.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Gosh, she's kind of draped all over him in those photos. I suppose the era of side hugs and limited hand holding is past for Gothardites or the Bateses always had more liberal family rules? 

13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Bates used to be very strict with courtships. So strict that Zach's first courtship failed because he was basically a deer in headlights. Michaela asked for permission to do quick hugs in her courtship. By Josie I think hugging was fine. As far as I know, no kissing or sex, still.

Some of Esther and Nathan’s pics were quite scandalous...at least what I think the Bates would think. A couple where they were kissing each other on the cheek and one where he looks like he’s grabbing or protecting her crotch. I think from Instagram but I saw them in Nathan’s thread on Free Jinger. 

I hope the kids got more than 1 jellybean or piece of candy per egg.I wonder if many of them were empty.

My parents pulled the same kinds of cons on me.They didn't have any money/enough money for anything and everything.My dad was an electrical engineer,and my mom worked at the same place as a parts supervisor.I'm not stupid,as I'm sure the older Rod kids know mom and dad just got a huge stimulus check and can afford more than they're willing to give them

• Love 1

I know they want to build that addition, but they estimated the cost of that to be around $15k. They got over 30k. 

Buy your kids some damn Easter Baskets. And dresses that aren't five sizes too big. 

Those poor girls. It's obvious that Jill favors her boys, whose suits fit. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Appearances are overrated. Better him than the image obsessed Lawson.

I think I remember Nathan having some unasked for ‘advice’ 😠 about one of his sisters wedding hair. He was pretty insistent about the hair and I remember planting him firmly in Tosserland after that 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I know they want to build that addition, but they estimated the cost of that to be around $15k. They got over 30k. 

Buy your kids some damn Easter Baskets. And dresses that aren't five sizes too big. 

Jill wants the girls to look homely so that she, Jill, looks "better." I believe this to be true. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Some of Esther and Nathan’s pics were quite scandalous...at least what I think the Bates would think. A couple where they were kissing each other on the cheek and one where he looks like he’s grabbing or protecting her crotch. I think from Instagram but I saw them in Nathan’s thread on Free Jinger. 

Looking at Esther's IG, they evidently attended the Jedding. 

Also, Esther's family is quite the mish-mosh of fundieism. There are some who dress more mainstream (like her), but there are others who are at Anna Marie Maxwell levels of modesty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Also, Esther's family is quite the mish-mosh of fundieism. There are some who dress more mainstream (like her), but there are others who are at Anna Marie Maxwell levels of modesty.

I looked at her social media last night, and I cracked up at what seemed like a super passive-aggressive post on one of the photos. "I didn't know you two were married." Which of course triggered well-meaning people to "correct" the poster, but I think said person knew damn well they weren't married and was making a judgmental point about how up close and personal they were with each other in the photos. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Zella said:

I looked at her social media last night, and I cracked up at what seemed like a super passive-aggressive post on one of the photos. "I didn't know you two were married." Which of course triggered well-meaning people to "correct" the poster, but I think said person knew damn well they weren't married and was making a judgmental point about how up close and personal they were with each other in the photos. 

I saw some pics and for this group of fundies it is quite "forward". 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I saw some pics and for this group of fundies it is quite "forward". 

Yes! I was surprised! They're not leaving any room for Jesus between them! 

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

That's a good thing, since it means the women in her family are allowed to be individuals and make some of their own decisions.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Esther is pretty, but something about her is off-putting. I know that's irrational because I've never seen her in action, but I get a weird vibe. 

Her choice in men?

• LOL 22
5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

There's no way she's matured anywhere near what's necessary for marriage since they were shown on the show visiting his family for a birthday or something.   He may be quite immature himself, but I honestly couldn't say because her behavior was so atrocious it stopped me dead in my tracks.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

All that whining and badgering finally paid off! Congrats to Katie!

Her ring is pretty, but I don't think she'll last two months in New Jersey. The culture shock will be too much and she'll be whining to move back to Rocky Top. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

7F39F32E-1F65-4246-86CF-70F456E179B1.jpeg

“I am so hot eat your heart out HATTERS “

Jill XOXO

A grown woman and her two grown daughters (her best friends as if they have a choice) playing in the park. Jill acting like she is an 8 year old. Where are the little ones who would have had a great time in the park? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tikichick said:

There's no way she's matured anywhere near what's necessary for marriage since they were shown on the show visiting his family for a birthday or something.   He may be quite immature himself, but I honestly couldn't say because her behavior was so atrocious it stopped me dead in my tracks.

How bad was it? Like Duggars-at-an-Ethiopian-restaurant bad? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

How bad was it? Like Duggars-at-an-Ethiopian-restaurant bad? 

Someone's very special seven year old only child who's used to being mumsy and popsicle's and both sets of goomy and bumpy's perfect little darling suddenly finding themselves at a gathering where someone besides them is being celebrated and getting the attention, so they decide to be extremely silly, giggle loudly and smoosh the birthday cake in the face of the person of honor. 

3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

7F39F32E-1F65-4246-86CF-70F456E179B1.jpeg

“I am so hot eat your heart out HATTERS “

Jill XOXO

“They are INDEED my best friends!”???  🤦🏼‍♀️ WTH would she include a capitalized “INDEED” in that sentence?  Jill is INDEED a batshit crazy bitch!

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

“They are INDEED my best friends!”???  🤦🏼‍♀️ WTH would she include a capitalized “INDEED” in that sentence?  Jill is INDEED a batshit crazy bitch!

Because any friends she would have she bleeds dry of $. 

• LOL 3
54 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

What's even sadder is Jill is the not-Nuries ONLY best friends. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Katie wins for the longest official courtship. I watched a few minutes of an episode last year, showing her fiancé's family home and it seems she may have snagged the richest Fundy spouse yet.

More engagement pics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNas98dpla7/

Didn't he seem like he could be a HS kid to you?  She had no idea how to conduct herself meeting his extended family for the first time attending his birthday party, in their home.   She was loud, attention seeking and ill behaved.   I can't imagine his family didn't pump the brakes, hard.   I knew Gil and Kelly didn't even register that maybe a girl who doesn't have the social graces to attend a birthday party maybe isn't mature enough to be thinking about marriage.  

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Didn't he seem like he could be a HS kid to you?  She had no idea how to conduct herself meeting his extended family for the first time attending his birthday party, in their home.   She was loud, attention seeking and ill behaved.   I can't imagine his family didn't pump the brakes, hard.   I knew Gil and Kelly didn't even register that maybe a girl who doesn't have the social graces to attend a birthday party maybe isn't mature enough to be thinking about marriage.  

He's pretty close to a high schooler - he turned 20 a month ago. When did they celebrate her birthday? Maybe he was still in HS then.

https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Travis_Clark

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Are you defiled by bitterness? 

What does that mean?

ABE070D1-0C3D-435A-B7A5-B191A9596B6C.jpeg

My take, defiled = corrupted.

Went to watch the video. Jill was kneeling in front of a grandfather clock in this video. She said she got it to put in their living room when they get their addition built. 

3B335012-5DF7-40C9-AF5B-7E451DE27D8E.jpeg

(edited)
On 4/7/2021 at 4:59 PM, sheshark said:

We evil Catholics have a Pope who said all animals go to heaven.    Too bad Jill.

I'm a fan of this quote from Will Rogers:  “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”

I think he made an excellent point there.  It wouldn't be heaven if the pups weren't there.

9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Went to watch the video. Jill was kneeling in front of a grandfather clock in this video. She said she got it to put in their living room when they get their addition built. 

So Jill purchased a grandfather clock for the living room that hasn't been built yet; but couldn't get a chocolate rabbit for each of her kids at Easter?  I believe the dogs in heaven took a poll and they don't want her there.  Not that she was heading that direction anyway.

As far as 'defiled by bitterness', I think Jill, once again shows her lack of education by using a word in a non-standard way because she had such poor education and doesn't understand grammar and usage in her own native language.  She probably thinks the big words make her look smart.  No Jill, they don't,

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 18
19 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't get it!  Why wouldn't she have a huge stash of Easter baskets in big Rubbermaid containers with seasonal decor?  She obviously loves knickknacks, drecorating, and seasonal decor.  

Jill can only spend money on what precious mama wants without a thought to what children might like.

I still have my three kids'Easter baskets and they are in their thirties and forties!  Buy once and reuse every year.  No need for kids gathering eggs in walmart bags.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

All that whining and badgering finally paid off! Congrats to Katie!

Her ring is pretty, but I don't think she'll last two months in New Jersey. The culture shock will be too much and she'll be whining to move back to Rocky Top. 

By badgering and whining, do you mean Katie or her equally immature mama Kelly?

I don't think she'll have choice in moving back. Maybe she'll like being farther from the family. 

Travis's sister got married earlier this year, and his brother recently got engaged and is getting married in August. The Clark parents appear to want an empty house before the year is over. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Isn't she touching his arm?

I don't think so. They do look close together in the pic where she's showing off her ring. But not even a side hug. Hell, even Bunk Bed Jed got one when he got engaged.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So that is where their stimulus money went? A new clock. Jill loves material possessions, she loves to show off...... 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, louannems said:

I don't get it!  Why wouldn't she have a huge stash of Easter baskets in big Rubbermaid containers with seasonal decor?  She obviously loves knickknacks, drecorating, and seasonal decor.  

Jill can only spend money on what precious mama wants without a thought to what children might like.

I still have my three kids'Easter baskets and they are in their thirties and forties!  Buy once and reuse every year.  No need for kids gathering eggs in walmart bags.

You can get those plastic decorated buckets at Easter time. I used one for my son for several years in a row. 

• Love 1