Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 4/5/2021 at 2:50 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I buy whole pineapples and core them at home.  They only cost 2 bucks if you are willing to cut it yourself.  

I got three for 99 cents each a few months ago. They're busy taking up a LOT of space in my little freezer. 🤑

Topic: I can't think of a single fundie, other than the Maxwells, who would clean and cut their own produce. Certainly not Lazy Ass Rodrigues and Lazier Ass Husband. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, sondraK said:

Send money.Send money.They just want money! Love how Jill speeds it up to make it look like David is working hard.LOL

“Other helps materials”?  What does she mean by that?  What a crappy life those kids have - underfed, dressed in ill fitting clothes that make me itch just looking at them, being “educated” by a mom who has no grasp of grammar or sentence structure, living in a fire trap of a home where your living room is dominated by printing equipment, spending how much time each day folding poorly written bible tracts.  The list could go on and on.  I want to take those little girls to Target and buy them some cute clothes and shoes that fit, and that they can actually play in.  Target has soft cotton knit dresses for little girls.  They could wear shorts under them for modesty.  There are also modest clothes out there for the Not Nuries that don’t look like bad 70s and 80s mother of the bride dresses.  But, as others have said, Jill probably believes she can grift more money with the way those children are currently dressed.  More money to overstuff the barn with knickknacks and throw pillows, and more money for the ridiculous amount of eyeliner she must go through each week.  She is an awful person.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, sondraK said:

Send money.Send money.They just want money! Love how Jill speeds it up to make it look like David is working hard.LOL

Why is Timothy the only one with a goal? To be a missionary pilot. Do the rest of them not have any goals?

Also Sadie and Sofia look ill! Can their parents not see that?

How does David make any money to take care off his family? The printing equipment, paper, ink etc all adds up! Where does he get money from if this is his job? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I got three for 99 cents each a few months ago. They're busy taking up a LOT of space in my little freezer. 🤑

Topic: I can't think of a single fundie, other than the Maxwells, who would clean and cut their own produce. Certainly not Lazy Ass Rodrigues and Lazier Ass Husband. 

The Bontragers would!

1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

Why is Timothy the only one with a goal? To be a missionary pilot. Do the rest of them not have any goals?

How does David make any money to take care off his family? The printing equipment, paper, ink etc all adds up! Where does he get money from if this is his job? 

I assume Tim gets a goal as the only adult male. On the other hand, Phillip will be an adult in the summer, and Sam and Gabriel are in their teens. 

The girls' goal is to get married and have a family. I assume that is the only goal for most fundie girls. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Lets hope the third time is the charm for Nathan, otherwise he won't have any pieces of his heart left.

I've always thought he's the most unfortunate-looking male Bates. Someone called him ferret face once, and that's so accurate. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I've always thought he's the most unfortunate-looking male Bates. Someone called him ferret face once, and that's so accurate. 

The Bates children are quite nice looking, especially the guys (personalities and beliefs aside), Nathan not so much. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Lets hope the third time is the charm for Nathan, otherwise he won't have any pieces of his heart left.

Gosh, she's kind of draped all over him in those photos. I suppose the era of side hugs and limited hand holding is past for Gothardites or the Bateses always had more liberal family rules? 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

Not starving, not losing fingers or a hand in the printshop equipment, keeping BEST MOMMA happy, and finding a nearby spouse with a bit of money are the only goals the Rodrigues children can reasonably have. Anything that requires an investment or an education is not going to happen. The boys are at a special disadvantage, and it's unclear what any of them will do to support a family.

The Rods receive some kind of missionary funding to help with the cost of printing supplies. Churches gives them donations too. The Rods also go on the road to friendly churches to sing for donations and food. 

Jilly and Davy think the tracts save souls. Maybe this was true a previous century or two ago, but I suspect these old-fashioned tracts are now a complete waste of time, money, and resources.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

JRod has a new video up on YouTube.  It is supposed to be Nurthan’s pregnancy announcement, along with a hodgepodge of other things, including Timothy singing “Mary Did You Know”.  I had to stop the video when he started singing, because my poor ears couldn’t take it.  The video is 45 minutes long.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

See Janessa eats ! 

(Sometimes)

AA8AC800-A464-47EC-87C6-6C73DB35E861.jpeg

From Jilly's fb easter videos -I sort of watched the video and maybe mis heard what jill said. they were keeping track of how many jelly beans each child got and Janessa was the one that "won the chocolate bunny" so she was the only kid who got a hollow Palmer chocolate bunny? Also, in the background some kid questions on the hollow bunny "wait, there's nothing in it?"

they were waiting for her to take a bite, even though the ears had been bitten off already and then Jill tells her "one more bite so you will have an appetite for dinner" or some such thing. then Jill goes on to show us their pathetic easter dinner.

also Jill mentioned the dog was waiting for Janessa to drop pieces of the bunny - so they were letting the dog eat chocolate....which dogs should never eat.

Edited by crazy8s
(edited)
13 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

From Jilly's fb easter videos -I sort of watched the video and maybe mis heard what jill said. they were keeping track of how many jelly beans each child got and Janessa was the one that "won the chocolate bunny" so she was the only kid who got a hollow Palmer chocolate bunny? Also, in the background some kid questions on the hollow bunny "wait, there's nothing in it?"

they were waiting for her to take a bite, even though the ears had been bitten of already and then Jill tells her "one more bite so you can save room for dinner" then Jill goes on to show us their pathetic easter dinner.

also Jill mentioned the dog was waiting for Janessa to drop pieces of the bunny - so they were letting the dog eat chocolate....which dogs should never eat.

So they just got thousands of free money last month and can only afford one hollow chocolate bunny and jelly beans?  And Jill made the kids fill the eggs??

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

they were waiting for her to take a bite, even though the ears had been bitten of already and then Jill tells her "one more bite so you can save room for dinner" then Jill goes on to show us their pathetic easter dinner.

Anyone wanna bet that, as soon as this picture was taken, Jill grabbed the rest of the rabbit away from the kid so best hubby ever could have it?

They have just received thousands of dollars in stimulus money.  There is no reason on God's green earth that Jill couldn't have run to the dollar store and gotten some cheap pre-filled Easter baskets, at least for the littlest kids.  Every kid should get their own dam*ed chocolate rabbit on Easter, maybe 2!  And it might be nice to get the little girls a stuffed animal for the holiday.  You can get little stuffed bunnies and chicks and puppies at the Dollar Store, too.  Those poor kids; they know so little about the joy and excitement that most kids have on the holidays.

And, while I am ranting, Jill could've taken some of the cash and gotten them a good meal, a big meal, a holiday meal to remember instead of the meager fixings she served.  And she could've done it all for under a couple hundred bucks.  But, she didn't.  Because that money is Mama's.  

No doubt, we'll soon see photos of Jill with the flowers, candy, perfume and big stuffed bunny that the kids bought for her for Easter.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 6

So because the parents couldn’t or wouldn’t buy more than one chocolate bunny, all the other small kids are shit out of luck and get to watch her eat it. And yeah right, Jill. That bunny IS that kid’s dinner. Last Easter, they did the Easter egg hunt inside and we saw how the girls’ room was one giant fire hazard.

(edited)

Probably it was Janessa's week to be the special child. plus Gabriel carried her around to help her win. Maybe he got a scrap of bad chocolate off the floor along with the dog.

long ago there was a post by Nurie and Kaylee about their "special week".

'When it is your week you get to do everything special. So if it is my week and Mama and Daddy are going in a store (they don’t really want to bring all 12 children into the store just to get a few groceries), they just ask, “Whose week is it?” If it is my week, then I get to go into the store with them and I can pick out a special treat. Everyone is happy for the sibling who is having the special week, even when we watch them eating a candy bar in front of us, because we know our week is soon coming up and it is exciting to think about what we will get."

source https://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/ideas-love-week/?topic_slug=toddlers-sibling-rivalry-fighting

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 1

I will say this for the Bates - they put long, personal notes on the birthday posts for each of their kids and grandkids. They actually seem to see them as individual people.

As for Jillybean...good gravy, I know that we have said it before, but what the actual F is wrong with that woman? Why do the little girls always ALWAYS  ALWAYS look like rag pickers and the older girls look like 70s pageant queens? I can't get over how bad she is at EVERYTHING

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Gosh, she's kind of draped all over him in those photos. I suppose the era of side hugs and limited hand holding is past for Gothardites or the Bateses always had more liberal family rules? 

The Bates used to be very strict with courtships. So strict that Zach's first courtship failed because he was basically a deer in headlights. Michaela asked for permission to do quick hugs in her courtship. By Josie I think hugging was fine. As far as I know, no kissing or sex, still.

32 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Probably it was Janessa's week to be the special child. plus Gabriel carried her around to help her win. Maybe he got a scrap of bad chocolate off the floor along with the dog.

long ago there was a post by Nurie and Kaylee about their "special week".

'When it is your week you get to do everything special. So if it is my week and Mama and Daddy are going in a store (they don’t really want to bring all 12 children into the store just to get a few groceries), they just ask, “Whose week is it?” If it is my week, then I get to go into the store with them and I can pick out a special treat. Everyone is happy for the sibling who is having the special week, even when we watch them eating a candy bar in front of us, because we know our week is soon coming up and it is exciting to think about what we will get."

source https://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/ideas-love-week/?topic_slug=toddlers-sibling-rivalry-fighting

With 13 kids that's 2 "special weeks" a year. How sad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Bates used to be very strict with courtships. So strict that Zach's first courtship failed because he was basically a deer in headlights. Michaela asked for permission to do quick hugs in her courtship. By Josie I think hugging was fine. As far as I know, no kissing or sex, still.

With 13 kids that's 2 "special weeks" a year. How sad.

Now, there are 52 weeks in a year, so some of them get 3.  And with Nurie gone and Timbits on the sh**list, I suppose there are only 11 kids in rotation, so they get 4 or 5 candy bars a year.  Yay them!

How sad is it that a hollow bunny made of poor quality chocolate is such a big prize that 11 kids have to compete for it?  

• LOL 1

Jill Rodrigues with an s here:

Lookie here I am SEVERELY SERIOUSLY persecuted for being the BEST incubator/mommy in Ohio 

My kids are LOVED and eat 309 calories every day! 

Flips her fried ratty hair and struts off in big heavy orthopedic shoes... to feed HUNKY bear his daily feast of HAM and Mac and cheese.

8FBB595E-DCEB-4968-ABED-EABD16DE76BC.jpeg

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Everyone is happy for the sibling who is having the special week, even when we watch them eating a candy bar in front of us, because we know our week is soon coming up and it is exciting to think about what we will get."

OMG. No child wrote this, Jill! I’m sure even a 9-year old Mother Teresa or Mother Hale would be pained to watch another child eat a candy bar in front of them while they got nothing. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

OMG. No child wrote this, Jill! I’m sure even a 9-year old Mother Teresa or Mother Hale would be pained to watch another child eat a candy bar in front of them while they got nothing. 

Of course no child wrote that.  Jill is using those candy bars as a method of control.  There's no reason why the child did not eat their candy bar in the car on the way home.  Jill makes him/her wait to eat it at home in front of the rest of the kids.  

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I can see her bra strap. Nike! He is not cute at all. 

I noticed that and they are very close too. Good for them. The Bates are horrible but at least the kids seem to be able to enjoy their relationships on more of "their terms". Maybe no kissing or sex but hugs and being close. 

37 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Now, there are 52 weeks in a year, so some of them get 3.  And with Nurie gone and Timbits on the sh**list, I suppose there are only 11 kids in rotation, so they get 4 or 5 candy bars a year.  Yay them!

How sad is it that a hollow bunny made of poor quality chocolate is such a big prize that 11 kids have to compete for it?  

I can't stand those cheap chocolates but in a case of so many kids, it is okay, but each of them, at least the little ones, should have gotten one! 

• Love 9

I can't imagine giving one of my children a special treat and not the other. Omg. I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief that a parent could be so cruel. Wow. Just wow! I feel so horrible for those children.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

I can't imagine giving one of my children a special treat and not the other. Omg. I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief that a parent could be so cruel. Wow. Just wow! I feel so horrible for those children.

I would think that would breed such jealousy. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I would think that would breed such jealousy. 

I actually think that's the point, to play them off against each other to make them compete for mommy's attention. It's sickening. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Wouldn't it be 4 weeks per kid in a year? 13 x 4 = 52

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Wouldn't it be 4 weeks per kid in a year? 13 x 4 = 52

I'm not sure there is a 'kid of the week' every week; for example, over the holidays or when they're out on the road.

Just saw the OP's correction.  So, back when there were 13, they may have gotten to be the favorite as many as 4 times a year.  Bonus!

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

This is particularly the case when said child only gets maybe 4 candy bars A YEAR.  I'm sure some of the littlest ones have trouble remembering the last time it was their turn.

Edited by doodlebug
20 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I'm sure some of the littlest ones have trouble remembering the last time it was their turn.

Don't the Rods follow the Pearl's method? I'm sure any crying or whining from the little ones was beaten out of them early on. The Rods are truly horrible people.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Heathen said:

Appearances are overrated. Better him than the image obsessed Lawson.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Don't the Rods follow the Pearl's method? I'm sure any crying or whining from the little ones was beaten out of them early on. The Rods are truly horrible people.

I don't know if they follow the Rods, but I am sure they believe that Jesus wants them to beat their kids.  'Spare the rod, spoil the child' you know.  It is in the Bible, sort of.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Erin and Chad have added a bunny to their zoo.  I really hope they keep it away from the pigs or those poor kids could witness something really traumatic.

Great, something else for Chad to do while Erin whines and does her hair. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Erin and Chad's approach to life continues to befuddle me. If I just spent the better part of a year fighting covid and having multiple surgeries, the last thing I'd be doing is adding another pet. I know they probably do the bare minimum in terms of care, but still.

Esther is pretty, but something about her is off-putting. I know that's irrational because I've never seen her in action, but I get a weird vibe. 

The Rods are so depressing. Jill could've gotten candy and Easter Baskets at Dollar Tree. Hell, the woman certainly raked in enough stimulus money to make the day special. Those poor kids. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

the Rod's surely follow the Pearl's method - the link I posted earlier for Nurie and Kaylee on the special week is the Pearl's platform, No Greater Joy

https://nogreaterjoy.org/

• Love 1
14 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill reads here for sure. I asked where is the dog. 3 hours ago she posted this.

HI JILL 🤑

5EE86DEA-89AD-4582-A869-A2173DAD9FBE.jpeg

Heartbreaking little song sad Sadie sings “I love you Snuggles, I hope you never die.”  What does Jill teach them?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Heartbreaking little song sad Sadie sings “I love you Snuggles, I hope you never die.”  What does Jill teach them?

while Jill gushes with laughter in another video of Snuggles waiting for chocolate .....

(edited)
25 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Probably that Snuggles is going to hell since he is a dog. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Probably that Snuggles is going to hell since he is a dog. 

I'm not happy saying that either. I honestly believe she would say something like that. She is a bad person. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, skatelady said:

Wait...WHAT? Isn't chocolate poisonous to dogs????

Yes, but Jill is too much of a moron to know that. That poor dog. 

16 minutes ago, sheshark said:

We evil Catholics have a Pope who said all animals go to heaven.    Too bad Jill.

Heaven wouldn't be heaven without our beloved pets. When my FIL was passed away, the last thing he said was the name of his late dog. I believe our pets greet us when we pass and help us ease into the after life, whatever that may be. 

• Love 15