Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

who does the make a funny face pose in front of the altar on easter sunday??

why jill of course - so reverent....

169358922_2836202279951440_4888240370782384998_n.jpg

The only pictures we would take in church would be ones for special events like a wedding, a Communion... and no one was doing bunny ears or sticking out their tongues, unless you were a toddler. 

And what sad dresses for the kids. She couldn't have at least have gotten them soft pastel tee shirts to wear under the white dresses? I guess Communion dresses were marked down at the Goodwill. The family got stimulus money and that is the best she could do? And they don't even fit! Sophia looks like they wrapped her in a sheet! . Jill must have run in and just grabbed a handful hoping they fit okay. And the older girls..... the one in the purple is wearing a Jill hand my down that looks like something a 78 year old woman would wear. 

Of course I bet Jill has new clothes. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1

Kaylee and Renee are attractive young women, despite the awful dresses. I hope they make good marriages since that that is the only escape open to them.

Jill should not make "funny faces." The straw hair, the outlined bug eyes, and the curled tongue make her look demonic instead of cute.

The Dinguii seem to be tapped out. Good work, succubus Jill. You bled your mark dry in just a year. 

• Love 9

I think the littlest girls are wearing pinafores with god knows what underneath. Renee’s outfit looks like something Dorothy and Blanche fought over wearing to a charity banquet.

• LOL 19
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Nurie forgot to arch her back and clutch under her stomach. How on earth are we supposed to remember she is pregnant??

That is why it was such a nice picture! 

• Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t mean to fat shame David. But look at his humongous gut while his kids are starving. I’m just angry at Jillcatraz and Davecatraz. 

Worst parents in Ohio.

BFFC2590-E49A-4CB3-98DA-1F67CDAEA09C.jpeg

I think that they are contenders for the worst parents in several states.  They've actually lived in Ohio, West Virginia and New York and we've discovered that Children's Services was investigating them in at least 2 of those.  Maybe they should keep moving around and see how many states are willing to sic the social workers on them.  We could nominate them for the Guiness Book of Records.

I cannot even imagine goofing around in a church like that, let alone taking pictures and showing them to the world.  I also don't understand how a middle aged woman would want to pose like that once, let alone make a habit of it.  Yesterday, my sister wanted to take a photo of the flowers on the altar at church, they were gorgeous.  Even then, after the service with virtually everyone out of the church, I felt a little uncomfortable when she took out her phone to get a shot.

Interesting how Jill always seems to be wearing clothes that fit and seem to be relatively stylish.  The two oldest girls are wearing polyester formalwear straight out of the 70's.  The littlest girl's dress will fit her someday-in 4 or 5 years.  If she didn't have tee shirts that looked nice under the dresses, why not put cardigans on the little girls?  It was mid 50's and sunny here in Ohio on Easter, perfect weather for a sweater over a spring dress.  And why is one of the younger girls wearing a pair of peep toed shoes meant for a much older woman?  So many questions!

You'd think that, with as many daughters as she's had, Jill would have the perfect Easter outfit for each girl in the correct size.  At the very least, they all should have an assortment of tee shirts in various colors to wear under their dresses instead of picking the ragbag for this motley assortment.

And, yes, looking at Jill posing with the burnt ham at Christmas a little over a year ago, it seems that Mama has packed on some pounds.  Me too, but it only makes her kids look even more deprived.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 20

I forgot to mention that, despite the fact that every single one of her daughters looks awful and only the 2 oldest are wearing clothing that fits them properly, every single one of the boys is wearing clothing in the proper size, all their pants have been hemmed and it appears their shoes are the correct size too.  Interesting how that seems to always be the case.  While the parameters for boys' clothing is a lot narrower than for girls, the boys also appear to be wearing clothing produced in this century, unlike the girls.

• Love 9

That unfortunate little girl at the bottom right has an odd stance.  It makes me wonder if she has scoliosis?  

What a horrible pair of parents.  I wish Jill's face would freeze like that, too.  How disrespectful to do that in church, especially for one who thinks she's so godly.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

I think the littlest girls are wearing pinafores with god knows what underneath. Renee’s outfit looks like something Dorothy and Blanche fought over wearing to a charity banquet.

Blanche wouldn't have been caught dead in that! 😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

My  mom had a friend who's husband had her convinced they were dirt poor and was actually stashing the money away. He would cover up their tax return and have her sign..... Anyway. she could sew and she would take in her husband's old pants to make pants for her boys. She would do the same for her daughter with hand me down dresses we and others would give her. Good news she finally found out what he was doing and kicked him to the curb. She got a nice settlement! 

But this just points out that with some effort, she could take in some of these clothes. The girls could also all learn to do it and make it like a fun thing they all get to do, from the smallest to the oldest. The little ones could sort buttons or thread and maybe sew their doll a dress. 

• Love 7

I think it's part of Jill's con to have the littles dressed in frumpers that are outdated,old and ill fitting? Add in thin, starving and underfed,and she has ppl throwing money at her,which is just what she wants

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I think it's part of Jill's con to have the littles dressed in frumpers that are outdated,old and ill fitting? Add in thin, starving and underfed,and she has ppl throwing money at her,which is just what she wants

I think you may be right.  Making the smallest members of the family as forlorn as possible is probably good for business.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think you may be right.  Making the smallest members of the family as forlorn as possible is probably good for business.

That sickens me. 🤭

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F197D44B-67AB-4DCB-A4B6-0D4E327A2827.jpeg

C9442BDE-1588-43C1-B5FD-85EC4C588DA7.jpeg

OMG, she’s doing the matchy-matchy thing with clothes, just like Jill.  These poor kids are 100% brainwashed.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Don’t give the HUNK any ideas about their pet dog. He might eat the dog. 

Have we seen the dog lately???

One of the Wicked Witch's flying monkeys got him. 

• LOL 2

So evidently Lawson’s girlfriend was in Tennessee for Easter.  She posted a picture of them with Whitney and Zach on Instagram.  If someone can post it, please do.  Nice dress and maybe it is just the angle but it looks like the girl has looong feet. Is it just me?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

OMG, she’s doing the matchy-matchy thing with clothes, just like Jill.  These poor kids are 100% brainwashed.

I believe wearing light colors is traditional for Easter. It doesn't bother me and Nurie's dress is great. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Did Nurie highlight her hair? 

I think its just the sun hitting it. 

8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

But can't people just look at David and Jill? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

So evidently Lawson’s girlfriend was in Tennessee for Easter.  She posted a picture of them with Whitney and Zach on Instagram.  If someone can post it, please do.  Nice dress and maybe it is just the angle but it looks like the girl has looong feet. Is it just me?

D50E0FDD-79A6-4475-BA1C-A7751EA223E1.jpeg

• Love 7
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

And we have the belly grab! 

That's all I could see, too.  Get your hand away from your crotch, Whitney!  Her feet do look long, but I think it is at least in part due to the perspective.  Her foot looks just about as long as Zach's.  She probably does have big feet, but not that big.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

The angle looks weird, so it could be a matter of perspective. But she might also just have long feet. I'm 5'4" and wear the same shoe size in men's shoes as my 5'10" brother. My feet are also wider than his. 😄 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

The angle looks weird, so it could be a matter of perspective. But she might also just have long feet. I'm 5'4" and wear the same shoe size in men's shoes as my 5'10" brother. My feet are also wider than his. 😄 

Mr. X calls his size 12 feet gunboats, but he's kind enough not to call my size 11 feet by that name.  Our daughter also wears size 11 shoes.  SIL wears 14's.  

Lawson's GF is very pretty.  I like her shoes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mr. X calls his size 12 feet gunboats, but he's kind enough not to call my size 11 feet by that name.  Our daughter also wears size 11 shoes.  SIL wears 14's.  

Lawson's GF is very pretty.  I like her shoes.

Brother dearest calls mine Fred Flintstone feet. Lol

The girlfriend is pretty. I hope she wises up to Lawson before she gets hitched to him. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

It looks like Tiffany has long, narrow feet judging by the back foot. Still not sure what she sees in Lawson. 

Yes, Whitney, we know you're pregnant, but thanks for the reminder.

Everly looks exactly like Alyssa's middle girls. She's the only Paine kid that takes after the Bates side. The other three are mini-Chads. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Zella said:

The girlfriend is pretty. I hope she wises up to Lawson before she gets hitched to him. 

I feel sorry for her. Lawson will never love anyone more than himself.

• Love 23
13 hours ago, Temperance said:

I believe wearing light colors is traditional for Easter. It doesn't bother me and Nurie's dress is great. 

Yes,it's tradition in the south,or at least it used to be.Growing up,me and my sis always got a new Easter dress in a pastel color,white or off white

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Grown and moved out. That's how mama describes her oldest son. Poor Tim.

Well, Nurie's only claim to fame is that she is married to Nathan Keller.  She could've at least reminded us that he is the brother of Anna Duggar.

And the other adult children get no billing at all, just their names.

So glad Jill decided to add a last name to every single shot of the kids.  Otherwise, we might not have known they were all Rodrigues' and might've thought some were from a sluttish early marriage or fling (oh noes!!!).

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Well, Nurie's only claim to fame is that she is married to Nathan Keller.  She could've at least reminded us that he is the brother of Anna Duggar.

And the other adult children get no billing at all, just their names.

So glad Jill decided to add a last name to every single shot of the kids.  Otherwise, we might not have known they were all Rodrigues' and might've thought some were from a sluttish early marriage or fling (oh noes!!!).

I thought the same thing about the last names.

I surprised she didn't put a flashing sticker over Nurie's picture - PREGNANT

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

also lucky she added on david's preaching pic " {preaching the truth) " I might have been confused otherwise.

On the pics of Renee and Kaylee see might as well have written "goal marriage/available/contact us asap" Not a word promoting their etsy shop and their highly skilled earring making and the Love Potion Primitive air fresheners??

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Well, we know that the Rod kids spend their time folding and packing tracts rather than learning to read, write, and think. This is the Rodrigues Homeschool Academy--a labor camp. 

Jill, you reveal so much without even trying. 

34 minutes ago, Nysha said:

That was quite a color change from no coat to wearing a coat.

I must be an old lady because I think it looks terrible when kids wear dress shoes with no socks or tights.  I just cannot get into it and I think she would look much nicer with some anklets on her feet in addition to the shoes.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Zella said:

I read your post and said outloud " hey, I use Fred Flintstone Feet too!" To describe my sons feet. Triple F's for short. You're the only other person I've heard use that term before.  My son was born with huge hands and feet. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, sondraK said:

Send money.Send money.They just want money! Love how Jill speeds it up to make it look like David is working hard.LOL

13 starving children.... oh wait now its 12.

9 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What a cute little girl.  I've never heard the name Everly before, except of course, the Everly Brothers.  Interesting that the dress changed like that.

Everly is one of the fastest-rising popular names for girls. It's spelled many different ways Everly, Everleigh, Everley, etc. Everly is the most popular spelling and it broke the top 50 in 2019.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4