Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

She would certainly be more entertaining than Jeremy Vuolo, one of the most boring preachers ever!

Her bulging eyes alone would scare the hell out of me! Plus the shrieking...

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I do think if Jill were not bound by the misogynistic restraints of her stupid cult, she would be making a living as a preacher. Her social media rants and ghost authored sermons and posts written for her male children lead me to believe that if given the opportunity, she would love to be a younger Paula White. Not to mention her vanity, fame whorish-ness, and love of grifting. She’d probably be pretty successful at it if given the chance.

I see her opening a beauty salon,doing 80's hairstyles for women and preaching to them while she's doing their hair.lol

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I am not entitled! 

That video was hilarious. Talking about third world countries. Imagine her and family going on a mission to help people.

30D2F1AC-A711-42EC-83C8-7B1B767000C2.jpeg

Deadbeat Dave and Nurie went to Africa for a couple of weeks about three years ago. It was during that mission trip that Nurie supposedly compared African women's dress to Americans, infamously calling the latter "sluttish." To this day, I think Jill wrote that.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Deadbeat Dave and Nurie went to Africa for a couple of weeks about three years ago. It was during that mission trip that Nurie supposedly compared African women's dress to Americans, infamously calling the latter "sluttish." To this day, I think Jill wrote that.

Of course she did...just as I feel she writes Nurie’s pregnancy updates.  

• Love 9

I think the main giveaway that Jill writes social media posts under the guise of her kids is when they always proclaim that she is the best mama ever. The supposed writings of her kids never declare David as the best dad ever. I am sure he isn't, but I am also very sure that Jill isn't the best mom ever either. Jill might want to toss in praise for David next time she writes a social media post for her kids. Of course random capitalized words is a good tell, but I think she has ditched that when she ghostwrites for her kids to make it appear to be more believable that she is not actually doing the writing.

• Love 21
53 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

If Rod kids suddenly start posting praises of David we will know for sure JillR reads here, lol.

I wonder what Jill would say to praise David as a father. He doesn't support his kids financially, doesn't do housework, and doesn't do childcare. He stuffs his face with meals and snacks while all his kids are as thin as rails. 

Even Jill's praises of David as a husband are pretty vague. He obediently accompanies her out to eat and shop, so that's what she usually mentions. 

Jill's world is just about Jill. Thinking of what someone would say about another person is a stretch for her. 

• Love 12

What does David DO all day long except chug down highly sugared drinks, eat and.......? The kids seem to do all of the work around the house, including printing. Does anyone remember the endlessly long chores list that Frilly Jilly (many thanks to the poster who came up with the term, which I shall purloin shamelessly) once posted a few years ago? I was exhausted just reading it. It didn't leave much time for school, let alone play.

Has anyone seen the Dingii lately? They seem to have worn out their welcome by not sending Frilly Jilly more meat to gobble up. Didn't one of them start with the magic pink juice? Perhaps they copped on what shite this is?

• Love 7
(edited)
On 4/3/2021 at 12:30 AM, sondraK said:

I'm wondering the criteria for a  good Olive Garden.I want to eat at a good one,too

Only cis hetero people, women dressed in the Christian version of burkas but with twelve pounds of makeup and hairspray, submitting in a godly way to their HUNKY husbands. Discussion must only revolve around how persecuted they all are for their strong faith and how to save the lost heathens polluting the country. And around what an amazing Christian Jill is.

Edited by LilJen
  • LOL 7
19 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Only cis hetero people, women dressed in the Christian version of burkas but with twelve pounds of makeup and hairspray, submitting in a godly way to their HUNKY husbands. Discussion must only revolve around how persecuted they all are for their strong faith and how to save the lost heathens polluting the country. And around what an amazing Christian Jill is.

And White.  Don't forget Ms. Rodrigues with an S not a Z because they are Portuguese not Hispanic.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I wonder how much Plexus JRod guzzles on a daily basis? I was reading an article from November 2020 that says one of the ingredients in Plexus (and other weight loss supplements) is being investigated for causing liver toxicity if taken too much. If she's drinking lots of it regularly, her liver enzymes could be totally messed up, which could explain a lot about the way she's looked lately. 

• Useful 6

I was truly waiting to see if Jilly tried for a repeat of her "resurrection day dinner/I feed my kids" display. Was that last year or the year before she showed that pitiful burnt ham and some sad side dishes claiming it was a feast and then removed it when people said it was nowhere near enough food for 15 people?

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I wonder how much Plexus JRod guzzles on a daily basis? I was reading an article from November 2020 that says one of the ingredients in Plexus (and other weight loss supplements) is being investigated for causing liver toxicity if taken too much. If she's drinking lots of it regularly, her liver enzymes could be totally messed up, which could explain a lot about the way she's looked lately. 

I don’t think she drinks it. She is too cheap.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I was truly waiting to see if Jilly tried for a repeat of her "resurrection day dinner/I feed my kids" display. Was that last year or the year before she showed that pitiful burnt ham and some sad side dishes claiming it was a feast and then removed it when people said it was nowhere near enough food for 15 people?

No post for Easter yet, this year.

Here’s the picture you referenced:

804372AC-67E2-4B33-A486-35F0A94AA560.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That ham is tiny. Once you cut away fat and bone, I'd be surprised if each family member got three ounces of meat.

Not to mention the fact that it appears to be quite burnt and probably about a quarter of it is inedible.

2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

How much costume jewelry does she own? And clothes? 

Short answer: too much.  She seems to have more outfits than all of her daughters put together.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

No post for Easter yet, this year.

Here’s the picture you referenced:

804372AC-67E2-4B33-A486-35F0A94AA560.jpeg

That was a Christmas meal, wasn’t it?  I’m basing that assumption on the clothes that she’s wearing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

That was a Christmas meal, wasn’t it?  I’m basing that assumption on the clothes that she’s wearing.

I was just going to say I think I was confused by the scrawny ham and remembering it was an Easter thing - but the pic has Jill in a christmas outfit

• Love 6
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m very surprised by the fresh pineapple (but not that it appears it was only 1 pineapple for all those people).

I buy whole pineapples and core them at home.  They only cost 2 bucks if you are willing to cut it yourself.  

JRod has posted Easter pictures.  It appears that she’s advertising Kaylee and Renee for courtship.  The clothes she has on the little girls are awful.  Shrek has on a mismatched suit.  Jill looks like something the cat dragged in, hair extensions and all.  Two of the boys are wearing glasses, so I guess Jill grifted an appointment to the optometrist.

7 hours ago, LilJen said:

And free dessert for SEVERELY paralyzed Amy. No doubt Jill was ticked when they didn't give her a free one,as she was going to gobble up a lot of it

4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Don’t give the HUNK any ideas about their pet dog. He might eat the dog. 

Have we seen the dog lately???

He ran off looking for food

(edited)
34 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

who does the make a funny face pose in front of the altar on easter sunday??

why jill of course - so reverent....

169358922_2836202279951440_4888240370782384998_n.jpg

This is possibly the most tone-deaf thing I've ever seen. Even heathen that I am, I find this completely distasteful. And while I could maybe understand an atheist pulling faces in front of an altar on Easter Sunday (though I still wouldn't approve), these are supposed to be the godliest of all Christians ever, whose only aim in life is to bring all glory and infinite worship to Jesus. How does that even compute?

Tried to see if I could crop just Jill and Shrek with the background. I'd pay money to hear Jill's justification for this display.

169358922_2836202279951440_4888240370782384998_n.thumb.jpg.5bcca1008686c12addb3b39445685342.jpg

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 21
(edited)

Jill has gained a lot of weight! She will soon be as big as her HUNK! 

What is he wearing? Guess he cannot fit in his old clothes from eating out so much! Spending all that stimulus $$$!!!

Her orthopedic shoes! She is still wearing them. 

24E61132-79F6-496E-B831-02146E7031BC.jpeg

202FC3E5-5419-4F03-85E4-75E61A668DAD.jpeg

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m very surprised by the fresh pineapple (but not that it appears it was only 1 pineapple for all those people).

Fresh fruit is a luxury reserved exclusively for the parents. Remember the video where David presented Jill with a fresh coconut? She gorged herself on it, raving about how delicious it was, while her pitiful children stood around her, watching and drooling.

• Love 4