Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's soup exceeds my sodium limit: cheese (from restaurant cheese dip packets?), canned green beans, and canned cream-of-whatever soup. It's probably too much salt for Shrek too, but time will tell. 

Its probably cream of potato soup with some canned potatoes thrown in. I just can't imagine her taking the time to make it from scratch. 

7 minutes ago, sondraK said:

That's what I was thinking,Plexus.Hopefully kool aid for the kids though

Pink lemonade? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

What you are describing bears zero resemblance to what's in Jill's pot.  Hers looks like a big pot of starch with a bit of cheese.  It will make her kids feel full without actually nourishing them.  

Jill’s soup is nothing like the potato soup I make.  Her soup is thin and watery.  My soup is thick and has good-sized chunks of potatoes in it.  I’ve never seen potato soup that watery before.  I have a feeling that Jill sucks as a cook; therefore, her daughters probably won’t be good cooks either, unless their mother-in-laws can work some magic and teach them to cook.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, rue721 said:

This girl has stuffed animals on her bed? Is that something other people do? I find that so depressing somehow.

She looks good, but those eyebrows are tragic.

Totally agree.  She is so pretty, but those eyebrows are a huge distraction.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Of course it doesn't. My mom would throw in onions, carrots, potatoes, corn (on the cob), plantains, parsnips when she made chicken soup. When she made lentil or bean soup, she would have ham & sausage, along several veggies too. I doubt Jill has very many veggies in that soup besides potatoes. It looks like she probably threw in some canned green beans. 

What are plantains like?  I've never tried them.

I love split pea soup with crispy bacon added.  

Maybe this soup is one of the healthiest things they eat?  but it looks very thin.  

Are the doorways to RVs always that tiny? I doubt my head would make it through that doorway much less my big fat body!

I hope Nurie has a happy, healthy pregnancy. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I love split pea soup with crispy bacon added.  

Maybe this soup is one of the healthiest things they eat?  but it looks very thin.  

Plantains are similar to bananas.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

One of the wives on Sister Wives (a show about polygamous Mormons) is now advocating Plexus. I wonder how Jill would feel about that. 

Her oldest daughter is hawking it, too.  I wouldn't go near the stuff.  

• Love 9
(edited)
26 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

It depends on the plantain. I took this from google for an explanation

As the plantain ripens, it becomes sweeter and its color changes from green to yellow to black, just like bananas. Green plantains are firm and starchy and resemble potatoes in flavor. Yellow plantains are softer and starchy yet sweet. Extremely ripe plantains have softer, deep yellow pulp that is much sweeter.

I'm not a huge fan of the sweet ones. I prefer green ones. Its hard to say what they taste like but I always thought it was apart from bananas. My favorite way to eat the green are tostones. Just thinking about them makes me salivate. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Its probably cream of potato soup with some canned potatoes thrown in. I just can't imagine her taking the time to make it from scratch.

Pink lemonade? 

Hopefully.lol

37 minutes ago, beckie said:

Are the doorways to RVs always that tiny? I doubt my head would make it through that doorway much less my big fat body!

I hope Nurie has a happy, healthy pregnancy. 

Me,too.Although in an RV,I think she's going to have to take the baby outside to learn to walk

Edited by sondraK

They are in the same family. 

And you have to cook them not eat them raw. 

In El Salvador, they fry up yellow plantains, sprinkle a little cinnamon on them and have them for breakfast.  Very tasty, and, as noted elsewhere, a distinct similarity in texture and flavor to bananas.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Soup is a course, not a complete meal.  Where's the bread, or salad, or just something else to actually fill those kids???

Soup can absolutely be a complete meal, especially if it's something filling like broccoli-cheese. I usually just have a bowl of soup -- you're saying I should have the maid bring me more courses even if I'm full? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, emma675 said:

It sure does look like the Plexus "pink drink", but I doubt Jill would let her kids drink it regularly. That stuff is expensive. If anything, only she and David probably drink it; although I doubt David would choke it down, I've heard it's not the greatest tasting stuff. 

He'll hold out for the hummingbird nectar concentrate.

• LOL 14
7 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Soup can absolutely be a complete meal, especially if it's something filling like broccoli-cheese. I usually just have a bowl of soup -- you're saying I should have the maid bring me more courses even if I'm full? 

Well there is soup and then there is JillR's slop which she pretends is soup.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
On 3/26/2021 at 12:30 AM, Heathen said:

He looks like he just got off a horse. 

He looks like he is still ON the horse. Those are some seriously bowed legs.  Photoshop is a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands...

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ha, my mom has never cooked anything homemade in my life so I’ve never experienced that particular luxury!  Opening a can of Campbell’s or adding water to a packet of dried soup powder is the extent of it. 

noticed the beauty and the beast quote!

and Jill took photos during prayer?  They are so disrespectful.  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

A couple of people are asking JRod for the cheesy potato slop, I mean, soup recipe.  She told them that she rarely uses recipes, (just a little of this and a little of that) but she thinks that she should write a recipe book some day.  Her ego truly has no bounds.

Um... if she doesn't use recipes, what on earth is she going to put in her "recipe book?"

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Um... if she doesn't use recipes, what on earth is she going to put in her "recipe book?"

The same thing Michelle Duggar would put in her family recipe book: Directions for how to open cans and dump the contents into a pot. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Ask not Nuries! I’m busy making inspirational videos and eating at the good Olive Garden! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 4/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, emma675 said:

It sure does look like the Plexus "pink drink", but I doubt Jill would let her kids drink it regularly. That stuff is expensive. If anything, only she and David probably drink it; although I doubt David would choke it down, I've heard it's not the greatest tasting stuff. 

In one of her pantry photos, which was mostly filled with cleaning products, I saw a can of fake, powdered pink lemonade.

1 hour ago, louannems said:

In one of her pantry photos, which was mostly filled with cleaning products, I saw a can of fake, powdered pink lemonade.

Do tell...so maybe Jilly’s “pink drink” is actually powdered drink mix...OR she actually drinks the crap herself and gives the Rodlets the lemonade and tells them it’s Plexus.  They don’t know the difference and it’s good grooming for future Plexus customers/suckers.  

1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has posted a new Minute With Jill video, and she’s praying for all of her “hate followers” again.  Bless her heart, she’s SO persecuted. 🙄

She chooses to ignore the fact that about 10,500 of her 11,000 followers are "hate followers." 🙄

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Ask not Nuries! I’m busy making inspirational videos and eating at the good Olive Garden! 

I'm wondering the criteria for a  good Olive Garden.I want to eat at a good one,too

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/1/2021 at 8:09 PM, ginger90 said:

E1DA057B-6FC0-4FB5-BB21-2A3A10755484.jpeg

2E81931B-7083-46E8-BE6C-A60C238C24CE.jpeg

Commas, I like you much so I, put many in a, sentence.

That's plastic chesse, right? Only plastic cheese creases in such a weird way. It looks revolting. A recipe for that? Pshah! Jilly is above that. She is the BESTEST best cook ever. At least cheese n potato is filling.

Nurie doesn't look pregnant - I look more pregnant than she does, cough. (I am NOT)

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

Jill - "my favorite part of the day, take pics for the gram of the full bowls of soup Renee made. (sorry, I don't know/can't share her recipe) Then pics of all our children praying it will be enough for everyone and no one will feel a need to fast so a sibling can have more cheesy glop. There will be no pictures of anyone actually eating, because you can see the evidence we feed our children by the bowls of uneaten soup that was prayed over."

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I don't see any horses. 

Me neither.  I also don't think life among the Amish is quite the peaceful, pastoral experience that Jill likes to pretend it is.   I know quite a few people who've lived in close proximity to Amish settlements and there are a lot of drawbacks.  Amongst them is driving 5 mph behind an Amish buggy for 10 miles or more on a main road.  Loses its charm real quick.  As does the amount of teenage hi-jinks one experiences when living around Amish teen boys who are essentially allowed to run wild drinking and driving and otherwise creating havoc until they get baptized at 18.  A friend had an unlicensed  drunken Amish teen plow into her car not once, but twice.  Different Amish kids, different occasions; not fun at all.

I don't see her giving up any of the vehicles they've grifted for a horse and buggy.  Nor do I see any Amish suckers out there who'd be impressed with JRod et famille enough to donate it to them.  Poor horses would starve anyway.

• Love 17
(edited)
45 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

That "soup" looks OKish but probably tastes vile and is loaded with preservatives, sodium and chemicals.

What's with the box of craft crap doing on the table?  If that's what it is.

Sadly, I think that's a decoration. A tray with a plaque and tchotchkes. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Sadly, I think that's a decoration. A tray with a plaque and tchotchkes. 

agree - I think it is a decoration meant to make the table look full. It would look mighty empty with the one pot of soup and bowl of bread in front of David's place and then a long empty table in front of all the children.

1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

That's plastic chesse, right? Only plastic cheese creases in such a weird way. It looks revolting. 

Ah yes, comma love from the Rodrigues Academy Homeschool! Cheesy, potato soup = cheesy and potato soup. 

The creases and shine are probably due to plastic cheese product and the cornstarch in the many cans of cheap condensed soup used to make the glop. 

Maybe Jill will make her famous burnt mini ham for Easter this year. It's a Rodrigues holiday classic designed to feed two people and a Hulk while eleven others sit and watch them try to chew it. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Ah yes, comma love from the Rodrigues Academy Homeschool! Cheesy, potato soup = cheesy and potato soup. 

The creases and shine are probably due to plastic cheese product and the cornstarch in the many cans of cheap condensed soup used to make the glop. 

Maybe Jill will make her famous burnt mini ham for Easter this year. It's a Rodrigues holiday classic designed to feed two people and a Hulk while eleven others sit and watch them try to chew it. 

Yummy. Not.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

That's plastic chesse, right? Only plastic cheese creases in such a weird way. It looks revolting. A recipe for that? Pshah! Jilly is above that. She is the BESTEST best cook ever. At least cheese n potato is filling.

Nurie doesn't look pregnant - I look more pregnant than she does, cough. (I am NOT)

It probably is from cheese packets that they got a CEC. It might be quick filling but just how much is in it? Does it last? Heck, I had a cauliflower crust veggie pizza (fresh from a take and go place) last night and I couldn't finish it. It kept me full all night. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It probably is from cheese packets that they got a CEC. It might be quick filling but just how much is in it? Does it last? Heck, I had a cauliflower crust veggie pizza (fresh from a take and go place) last night and I couldn't finish it. It kept me full all night. 

And this unappetizing soup is what Jill is bragging about online. Imagine what the kids get when the meal isn't being photographed. 

Frilly Jilly and Lazy Davy must have their stimulus checks and some payments for the kids by now. They don't seem to be spending any of it on food if this is the best Jill has to show. 

• Love 2
On 3/31/2021 at 6:43 AM, Jeeves said:

OMG. Corsages! There's so much tacky insanity on display that it took me awhile to notice that. Who. The. Hell. even wears corsages? And who. the. hell. wears one when speaking at a conference? That is so - 1930's? 1950's? 

I don't have words. Is this something that religious people do at women's conferences?

I vaguely remember when I was a teen, if you went to prom or something your date brought you a corsage in a plastic box from the floral shop and your mom pinned it on your dress or you wore it on your wrist. It had real, not fake, flowers, and I always thought they were really stupid and why waste nice flowers on them instead of a nice bouquet in a vase. I think there were really gaudy versions with chrysanthemums and long flowing ribbons and cowbells and words in glitter and shit that were worn by girls at homecoming, which were extra stupid.

Corsages. Fake corsages. SMH.

One of the funniest threads that I ever read on twop was about homecoming pom poms. The discussion somehow took over The Newlyweds: nick and jessica thread. I'm from an area that didn't have such things and the absurdity of the gaudy garlands made me LOL. 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

And this unappetizing soup is what Jill is bragging about online. Imagine what the kids get when the meal isn't being photographed. 

Frilly Jilly and Lazy Davy must have their stimulus checks and some payments for the kids by now. They don't seem to be spending any of it on food if this is the best Jill has to show. 

Agree.The girls are cutting up taters and adding in cheese packets.Cheap.

Celebrate by giving everyone a big steak dinner!

Wishful thinking on my part

• Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I have to wonder what happened to cause Jill to post a video specifically showing the pot/bowls full of soup and basket full of bread.  Has she been reading this forum or another one like it?  Did she overhear someone talking about how skinny the children are?  Did CPS pay the Rods another visit?  I’ve got a feeling that the video was made because someone somewhere complained about Ma and Pa Rod not feeding their children.

Edited by farmgal4
Messed up
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9

I do think if Jill were not bound by the misogynistic restraints of her stupid cult, she would be making a living as a preacher. Her social media rants and ghost authored sermons and posts written for her male children lead me to believe that if given the opportunity, she would love to be a younger Paula White. Not to mention her vanity, fame whorish-ness, and love of grifting. She’d probably be pretty successful at it if given the chance.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I do think if Jill were not bound by the misogynistic restraints of her stupid cult, she would be making a living as a preacher. Her social media rants and ghost authored sermons and posts written for her male children lead me to believe that if given the opportunity, she would love to be a younger Paula White. Not to mention her vanity, fame whorish-ness, and love of grifting. She’d probably be pretty successful at it if given the chance.

She would certainly be more entertaining than Jeremy Vuolo, one of the most boring preachers ever!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3