Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Looks like Timothy in the back, in this picture.

What state was this held in?

17251119-6CB7-4884-B373-F73DCDF4F523.jpeg

Sugarcreek is in Ohio, Amish country.  And, yes, Ohio has a mask mandate still in place for indoor gatherings in public places.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The hotel should put a surcharge on Jill's yearly event to pay for the inevitable service calls to fix the pool's filtration system. 

iOn the other hand, think how the chlorine will transform all those dark, drab clothes. 

I'm wondering how they keep from getting sucked into the pool drain

7 hours ago, louannems said:

In the couch flower dress, Kaylee's not even wearing a dollar tree plastic corsage.  All of the other speakers are wearing them.

Yikes! Dang,at least get some real flowers

• Love 2

Using butterflies as symbolism for the tranformation that you go through once Jesus comes into your life is literally an elementary school thing. Jill has a women's retreat where she uses the same imagery as a 7-year-old's Sunday School class? That's really embarassing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Sugarcreek is in Ohio, Amish country.  And, yes, Ohio has a mask mandate still in place for indoor gatherings in public places.

Seems it was the Carlisle?

There aren’t any references to COVID at all on their page. 🤦‍♀️

Looks like that’s where Jill and David had their getaway not long ago, also.

• Useful 3
53 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Using butterflies as symbolism for the tranformation that you go through once Jesus comes into your life is literally an elementary school thing. Jill has a women's retreat where she uses the same imagery as a 7-year-old's Sunday School class? That's really embarassing. 

Jill couldn't even stick to that idea. She had to extend to cheap paper flowers, fake corsages, ugly print dresses, Easter rabbits, and pompoms (!).

I'm curious about food. I bet Jill contracted for the cheapest lunch she could get. Do hotels do potato salad and baloney sandwich buffets?  

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Seems it was the Carlisle?

There aren’t any references to COVID at all on their page. 🤦‍♀️

Looks like that’s where Jill and David had their getaway not long ago, also.

I figured their little getaway was probably because she got a room comped in return for the conference business. She probably timed it to make last minute arrangements at the hotel for the upcoming event. I wonder if this is the hotel's annual ultimate in trashy tacky homemade decorations?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Jill has a new pregnancy pic posted of Nurie.  I saw it on FB, but it’s probably on IG too.  I’m sorry that I can’t figure out how to post a picture on here, but I’m glad that you guys are tech savvy and can do it for me.  Thank you! ♥️

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill has a new pregnancy pic posted of Nurie.  I saw it on FB, but it’s probably on IG too.  I’m sorry that I can’t figure out how to post a picture on here, but I’m glad that you guys are tech savvy and can do it for me.  Thank you! ♥️

I just saw it. Nurie is trying her damndest to create a bump where one doesn't exist. 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

D107F086-0322-40FD-89B0-51E81C41A2FE.jpeg

Nurie is going to have a tough time getting in that bed in a few months. Maybe they can put steps outside the window and she can kind of fling herself in. lol

And if she's anything like her mom, she's going to need a bigger home to fit her stuffed animal collection.

• LOL 17
35 minutes ago, rue721 said:

This girl has stuffed animals on her bed? Is that something other people do? I find that so depressing somehow.

She looks good, but those eyebrows are tragic.

I have a couple of stuffed animals on my bed. Where should I put them?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I have a couple of stuffed animals on my bed. Where should I put them?

I do too.  It's a small number and some of them hold real sentimental value.  One of them being my Cabbage Patch Kid from 1984 or 85, and my mother still remembers what she went through to get her.  Or at least that's her excuse for giving my older brother his on my birthday.  Did I ever get a gift on his birthday, no.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

This girl has stuffed animals on her bed? Is that something other people do? I find that so depressing somehow.

I don’t think she had any toys just for her. These stuffed animals might be her first toys she owns. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

I don't really notice the eyebrows...I guess mine probably looked similar when that look was in style, and there was nothing tragic about them then. Eventually they will come back into fashion, and there will be nothing tragic about them once more. I think she looks really pretty in this picture, and it's amazing that her smile is so much more symmetrical in the photos where it's just her and Nathan vs the crooked grimace she always sported in the past, which comes back in her photos with bet Best Momma Ever!

• Love 16

Is it usual to do an ultrasound at 12 weeks?  It's been a long time since I had kids, but I remember them at 20 weeks.  Does this mean she is getting real medical care or did they go to one of those storefront ultrasound places?

• Useful 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

2A06F721-0130-4D7D-8954-B56F5032D2B8.jpeg

9857BBA7-267D-4513-8838-08309F093D3C.jpeg

They are definitely living in a camper/rv 

She is so think that she hardly looks pregnant, though I do think her eyebrows are slowly recovering. 

Seriously, she looks happy, her smile is genuine. And I agree with others about the stuffed animals, finally she has something of her own that she doesn't have to give to Jill. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 17

Poor girl can't even get an ultrasound without her mother insisting it being livestreamed to her. Her lack of social media tells us that she and Nathan want a quiet, private life, but Jill still feels the need to share every moment. I always ask my kids (as a courtesy) before posting photos of my grandkids on social media

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do too.  It's a small number and some of them hold real sentimental value.  One of them being my Cabbage Patch Kid from 1984 or 85, and my mother still remembers what she went through to get her.  Or at least that's her excuse for giving my older brother his on my birthday.  Did I ever get a gift on his birthday, no.  

I love hearing that.  I did the same thing for my daughter for Christmas in 1983.  Daughter still has her.  I sewed matching outfits for them several times.  I was lucky to get the doll from the Sears catalog.  Those Wish Books were such fun.

Nurie looks very pretty here.  The dress color suits her.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I love hearing that.  I did the same thing for my daughter for Christmas in 1983.  Daughter still has her.  I sewed matching outfits for them several times.  I was lucky to get the doll from the Sears catalog.  Those Wish Books were such fun.

Nurie looks very pretty here.  The dress color suits her.

Gertie also wears a replica of my old Catholic school uniform.  Either my mom or my godmother picked it up from one of those Midwest 80s craft fairs. My niece attempted to take her home at Thanksgiving, but I had to put my foot down.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

She is so think that she hardly looks pregnant, though I do think her eyebrows are slowly recovering. 

Seriously, she looks happy, her smile is genuine. And I agree with others about the stuffed animals, finally she has something of her own that she doesn't have to give to Jill. 

Maybe the stuffed animals were gifts from Nathan. He takes Nurie places and buys her food and gifts, unlike her hoarder mother. 

Her face and her smile look natural. Her eyebrows will probably grow in until BEST MOMMA comes around to "fix" things. 

Nurie also looks fresh and clean. Considering the single bathroom in the RV and the small water heater and probable septic restrictions in the barndo, I doubt the Rods shower or wash their hair often. New makeup on top of old makeup and new hairspray on top of old hairspray begin to look bad pretty quickly. (See Jill Rodrigues for an example.)

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Soup is a course, not a complete meal.  Where's the bread, or salad, or just something else to actually fill those kids???

Rolls, no salad visible.

110122CD-6255-46C5-9093-4B81D4A4575F.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

When I make soup for the three of us, I always include rolls which make it a meal. Growing up soup was a meal and there was always plenty of it. Of course the soup I ate and eat now is always full of meat and veggies. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Rolls, no salad visible.

110122CD-6255-46C5-9093-4B81D4A4575F.jpeg

That's slightly better, still not enough though.  It's a personal pet peeve of mine when people think a big bowl of soup is enough for dinner.  I fight this constantly with my Mom.  She will spring soup for dinner without telling me and get upset if I want something more substantial.  She always decides on soup for dinner on the days my lunch consists of a handful of almonds and a coke.  She then tries to guilt me bringing up my late father.  Yes, Dad was fine with soup for dinner when he was undergoing chemo.  When he was healthy, not so much.  

I'm getting a bit ranty here because I have gut feeling we are having vegetable beef soup for dinner.  It's chilly and she loves soup when the temperature dips.  I planned ahead though, and had a substantial lunch.  

• Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That's slightly better, still not enough though.  It's a personal pet peeve of mine when people think a big bowl of soup is enough for dinner.  I fight this constantly with my Mom.  She will spring soup for dinner without telling me and get upset if I want something more substantial.  She always decides on soup for dinner on the days my lunch consists of a handful of almonds and a coke.  She then tries to guilt me bringing up my late father.  Yes, Dad was fine with soup for dinner when he was undergoing chemo.  When he was healthy, not so much.  

I'm getting a bit ranty here because I have gut feeling we are having vegetable beef soup for dinner.  It's chilly and she loves soup when the temperature dips.  I planned ahead though, and had a substantial lunch.  

My mom's soups were meals in themselves. My dad would say you could stand your spoon up in them they were so full of whatever, beans, sausage, chicken, veggies and with those good European thick noodles. You could say there were more like a stew. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My mom's soups were meals in themselves. My dad would say you could stand your spoon up in them they were so full of whatever, beans, sausage, chicken, veggies and with those good European thick noodles. 

What you are describing bears zero resemblance to what's in Jill's pot.  Hers looks like a big pot of starch with a bit of cheese.  It will make her kids feel full without actually nourishing them.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

What you are describing bears zero resemblance to what's in Jill's pot.  Hers looks like a big pot of starch with a bit of cheese.  It will make her kids feel full without actually nourishing them.  

Of course it doesn't. My mom would throw in onions, carrots, potatoes, corn (on the cob), plantains, parsnips when she made chicken soup. When she made lentil or bean soup, she would have ham & sausage, along several veggies too. I doubt Jill has very many veggies in that soup besides potatoes. It looks like she probably threw in some canned green beans. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, not you again said:

Wow.  If I had the luxury of coming home to a home-cooked meal ready and waiting for me, I don't think I would utter a peep about what it consisted of.  But at this point, I'm happy I'd be happy if school lunchroom food was provided for me.

I see you glossed over the part where I said my Mom gets upset if I want something else.  I am an adult and perfectly capable of cooking my own dinner or getting takeout.  But she takes offense to that.  I'm in a no win position on those days--go hungry or risk upsetting Mom.  

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, not you again said:

See, from my point of view, having a mom to cook for you is part of the luxury, not just the food cooked.  I've lost both parents, all grandparents, and all my aunts and uncles.  I haven't had a home-cooked meal by my mother since I went to college 40 years ago.  I'm sure I heard it differently than you meant it.  What wouldn't I give for my mother's cooking (and I happen to love soup).

I so understand. I haven't had my mom's home cooking long before she passed away as she had dementia and lost her wonderful talent for cooking. What I wouldn't do to have anything she made again. 

In addition to many veggies, you think Jill put in a protein of any kind? 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/31/2021 at 9:42 AM, Normades said:

Well, I certainly hope they are wearing turtlenecks, heavy leggings, and denim skirts while they swim.

And I certainly hope there's a lifeguard on duty for when they all take turns sinking to the bottom of the pool.

22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A comment under the post about the retreat for next year:

”I will mark my calendar for next year. I hope its not as crazy next year as it was this year”

🤷🏼‍♀️

Crazy?  Did Timbits do a striptease or something?  

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D107F086-0322-40FD-89B0-51E81C41A2FE.jpeg

The headboard reads, "Tale as old as time."  A lyric from Beauty and the Beast.  Interesting choice, I guess?

Nurie is probably thrilled to have a space to walk around in where she's not constantly in danger of knocking 47 knick-knacks off of every flat surface.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19

I'm OK with a bowl of hearty soup at this point in my life. As an active child, it generally wouldn't have been enough. Fortunately, my mom liked to cook from scratch, so our dinners were big. 

Jill's soup exceeds my sodium limit: cheese (from restaurant cheese dip packets?), canned green beans, and canned cream-of-whatever soup. It's probably too much salt for Shrek too, but time will tell. 

Please tell me the pink stuff in their cups isn't Plexus. I would SEVERELY HATE to think they drink expensive Plexus instead of eating nourishing food. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Normades said:

Is it usual to do an ultrasound at 12 weeks?  It's been a long time since I had kids, but I remember them at 20 weeks.  Does this mean she is getting real medical care or did they go to one of those storefront ultrasound places?

Yes,they'll usually do one about that time,to make sure all is well and to see if it's going to be multiples,in case she needs extra care 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Please tell me the pink stuff in their cups isn't Plexus. I would SEVERELY HATE to think they drink expensive Plexus instead of eating nourishing food. 

It sure does look like the Plexus "pink drink", but I doubt Jill would let her kids drink it regularly. That stuff is expensive. If anything, only she and David probably drink it; although I doubt David would choke it down, I've heard it's not the greatest tasting stuff. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm OK with a bowl of hearty soup at this point in my life. As an active child, it generally wouldn't have been enough. Fortunately, my mom liked to cook from scratch, so our dinners were big. 

Jill's soup exceeds my sodium limit: cheese (from restaurant cheese dip packets?), canned green beans, and canned cream-of-whatever soup. It's probably too much salt for Shrek too, but time will tell. 

That's what I was thinking,Plexus.Hopefully kool aid for the kids though

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, rue721 said:

Stuffed animals on the bed and a quote from a Disney cartoon on the wall.  That's Jilly's girl, all right.  As for the first 12 weeks just flying by, no, they have not.  This pregnancy was announced when she was barely 5 weeks along.  At this rate, this pregnancy will be one of the longest in human history.

BTW, at 12 weeks, particularly in a woman who has never been pregnant, there IS no bump.  The uterus is still well contained within the pelvis.  It isn't until it rises above the pubic symphysis after 14 weeks that a primip would start to show, and, even then, not a tall thin one like Nurie. She is popping out her tummy or doing a 'belly bump' as an L&D nurse I used to know called it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7