Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

A whole lot were wearing pants! Jill must have been furious haha. Wonder if she told them they have to wear skirts!

And oh boy a lot of them need GOOD bras!!! 

So much frump so much frump!

So many SLUTTISH women!!!!!111

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Do you think the sad, frumpy ladies in slacks and the sad, frumpy ladies in full-length skirts ever got into a Jets and Sharks style rumble?

My goodness, so many sluttish pants-wearers!  I’m shocked. I would not be surprised if one of the speaking topics was on modest Christlike dressing. Everyone looks bored and dull.  

I remember the woollett family from my fundie days!  Blast from the past!  I’ve gotta go look them up!  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 6

That picture of the women sitting in the chairs does not look one bit like joyful sisters. They look like they are thinking when is this going to be over so we can leave. Why is the girl standing there with no shoes?  That's really strange. And I have a feeling that those two who are pictured jumping might be jumping for joy that the retreat is over.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think there's a lot of negativity in the fundie doctrines. They may have been thinking of how they are willful sinners, and hoping that they are in fact saved and won't be burning in hell when they die. And some are probably going over in their minds all the people they are supposed to hate in the name of Jesus. Others may be struggling while hearing the speaker extol the sanctity of godly marriage and thinking of how her husband won't have lifted a finger all weekend so she'll have to clean up the house after him when she gets home and listen to him snipe at her for running off to some silly conference. It's not easy being a fundie evangelical Christian. 

I have a speshul Insta account on which I follow the Rods. I set it up when she'd put her IG private, and she accepted my follow request. I'd populated that IG account with follows of people I thought JillR would approve of. Heh. Once she accepted my follow request I unfollowed all those revolting pukes and followed accounts more to my liking. Anyway, I went there to check out all JillR's photos from the event. Lordy. If I have time I'll try to share some more here. I notice the 8th-grade looking posterboard sign behind one of the speakers. It says "Transformed Ladies" but it's hard to read in the photo, so of course I thought of how JillR's' head would explode if someone posted a comment like, "how nice to have a Trans Ladies retreat!" 🤣

Sadly, we can't share if her IG is private. If you follow her, you can't tell one way or another. That's why I put the call out to anyone who knows how to copy/paste from FB. 😀

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

How much was the retreat? Why pay to be bored to tears?

Or the husbands paid to have a man camp weekend to be physically stretched like never before? 

Last year, Jill posted pics of the men in another conference room, bored out of their skulls. 

I want to say Jill charged about $150/person.

• LOL 1

Something tells me the Rods don't get a lot of repeat visitors for these conferences. I can see everybody going home and warning all their friends that this was the most boring weekend of their life. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

These 2 look way too happy to be there! Girls what’s your secret??? 

A26F1572-52F6-46D6-851C-73144153183B.jpeg

Good drugs? Alcohol?

6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Ma was there

81175C6E-9F1A-45C2-AF7E-364B4600D02E.jpeg

I see Jill went for a "springy" look and then wore those black shoes! 

• LOL 13
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I think there's a lot of negativity in the fundie doctrines. They may have been thinking of how they are willful sinners, and hoping that they are in fact saved and won't be burning in hell when they die. And some are probably going over in their minds all the people they are supposed to hate in the name of Jesus. Others may be struggling while hearing the speaker extol the sanctity of godly marriage and thinking of how her husband won't have lifted a finger all weekend so she'll have to clean up the house after him when she gets home and listen to him snipe at her for running off to some silly conference. It's not easy being a fundie evangelical Christian. 

And yet, they say it’s all about the joy it brings them. I truly feel this way of life involves gaslighting yourself constantly.  This was true of me when I was in it. Convincing yourself you’re having a blast at this deadly dull tacky “retreat” with endless hours of uneducated people pontificating about the same topics over and over (I’d imagine with horrible, inadequate food). Convincing yourself that you’re loving this patriarchal, restrictive lifestyle and calling it freedom because you believe you’re doing what god wants and you’ll be rewarded in heaven. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Ma was there

81175C6E-9F1A-45C2-AF7E-364B4600D02E.jpeg

The calligraphy on those name tags is definitely the work of teenage girls. It used to litter all my paper bag book covers throughout middle school. I’m sure J-Rod had her children write these tacky things by hand all while her perfectly capable “hunk” has an entire print shop at home.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

The calligraphy on those name tags is definitely the work of teenage girls. It used to litter all my paper bag book covers throughout middle school. I’m sure J-Rod had her children write these tacky things by hand all while her perfectly capable “hunk” has an entire print shop at home.

Jill's last name looks like my every attempt at addressing an envelope:  the lettering veers upward as I move to the right.  I wonder why that is.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

These 2 look way too happy to be there! Girls what’s your secret??? 

I think the one on the right is thrilled that the stupid conference is over and she can go home and remove her poorly fitted bra.  There's a whole lotta lumpiness going on under her shirt.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

Jill's last name looks like my every attempt at addressing an envelope:  the lettering veers upward as I move to the right.  I wonder why that is.

I heard once that it indicated a positive and optimistic personality. I'm not all that sure what the Roads have to feel that optimistic about, though...Maybe it signifies reaching toward heaven.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Good drugs? Alcohol?

I see Jill went for a "springy" look and then wore those black shoes! 

It looks like she raided J'chelle's shoe closet.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Last year, Jill posted pics of the men in another conference room, bored out of their skulls. 

I want to say Jill charged about $150/person.

I wonder how much money Jill pocketed from the event?

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder how much money Jill pocketed from the event?

I'm sure she had some expenses (not decorating) but will still pocket a good amount. Kids won't benefit from it. How soon before her and Hunk are on another getaway? Or go for a nice meal?

39 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

This is Kaylee Rodrigues, and she looks at least 40-years-old.

And she is so pretty! Imagine a cute haircut, some modern and nice looking clothes? 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Ma looks like a cross between Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie and Lily Tomlin as Ernestine the telephone operator on Laugh in. 

Perfect description!

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm sure she had some expenses (not decorating) but will still pocket a good amount. Kids won't benefit from it. How soon before her and Hunk are on another getaway? Or go for a nice meal?

And she is so pretty! Imagine a cute haircut, some modern and nice looking clothes? 

And some shoes!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Do you think the sad, frumpy ladies in slacks and the sad, frumpy ladies in full-length skirts ever got into a Jets and Sharks style rumble?

I think this is evidence that the rumble did indeed take place.  

17 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

image.png

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Looks like Timothy in the back, in this picture.

What state was this held in?

17251119-6CB7-4884-B373-F73DCDF4F523.jpeg

I try to be nice because no one can control the features they were born with (unless they invest a lot of time and money in plastic surgery), but good lord, that is a frump fest.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

There appear to be empty seats. I wonder if the women in the overflow room upstairs got to move to the main room. Shouldn't Tim and the other guy (Samuel?) be in the special meeting room with Shrek and the bored men? 

13 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I try to be nice because no one can control the features they were born with (unless they invest a lot of time and money in plastic surgery), but good lord, that is a frump fest.

Well, only Jill and her daughters and mother fixed themselves up for this event. Most of the rest of the attendees came in the same wrinkled clothes and uncombed hair they wear around the house on a weekday. They must not have been expecting anything worthy of dressing up for. 

With the theme of "transformed," Jill could have done a hair and makeup workshop to show the best mid 1980's styles. 

• LOL 22
6 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Lots of women in pants looking frumpy. I thought women were supposed only wear skirts/dresses and make themselves look nice for their husbands.

And what about the overweight women? Did Jill try to sell them Plexus? 🤔

• Useful 1

Maybe for some of these women they look at it as a get away and sitting through JillR's bullshit is the tradeoff. They're swimming in the hotel pool, ordering room service and secretly meeting in their rooms, with no men and no Jill doing, uhm, doing whatever it is they do, when Fundy women get together.

Kind of like sitting through a Timeshare spiel for free tickets to Disney.

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder how Kaylee's speech went. Jill hasn't posted anything about it. She didn't even acknowledge Kaylee as a speaker.

In the couch flower dress, Kaylee's not even wearing a dollar tree plastic corsage.  All of the other speakers are wearing them.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, louannems said:

In the couch flower dress, Kaylee's not even wearing a dollar tree plastic corsage.  All of the other speakers are wearing them.

OMG. Corsages! There's so much tacky insanity on display that it took me awhile to notice that. Who. The. Hell. even wears corsages? And who. the. hell. wears one when speaking at a conference? That is so - 1930's? 1950's? 

I don't have words. Is this something that religious people do at women's conferences?

I vaguely remember when I was a teen, if you went to prom or something your date brought you a corsage in a plastic box from the floral shop and your mom pinned it on your dress or you wore it on your wrist. It had real, not fake, flowers, and I always thought they were really stupid and why waste nice flowers on them instead of a nice bouquet in a vase. I think there were really gaudy versions with chrysanthemums and long flowing ribbons and cowbells and words in glitter and shit that were worn by girls at homecoming, which were extra stupid.

Corsages. Fake corsages. SMH.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Normades said:

Well, I certainly hope they are wearing turtlenecks, heavy leggings, and denim skirts while they swim.

The hotel should put a surcharge on Jill's yearly event to pay for the inevitable service calls to fix the pool's filtration system. 

On the other hand, think how the chlorine will transform all those dark, drab clothes. 

• LOL 9
On 3/30/2021 at 6:43 AM, 65mickey said:

Ma looks like a cross between Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie and Lily Tomlin as Ernestine the telephone operator on Laugh in. 

I came here just to post that Grandma looks like Tootsie. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5