Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

After watching the videos from their facebook...a few things...

Where are Olivia and Sadie? They must have went with David and the nontim boys.

Renee literally took the smallest bite of pizza ive ever seen.

and for the main one

WHY DONT YOU ASSHOLES GET HELP FOR SOPHIA. SHE IS LOOKING WORSE AND WORSE...MY GOD IT LOOKS LIKE SHES ON DEATHS DOOR.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Renee literally took the smallest bite of pizza ive ever seen.and for the main one

WHY DONT YOU ASSHOLES GET HELP FOR SOPHIA. SHE IS LOOKING WORSE AND WORSE...MY GOD IT LOOKS LIKE SHES ON DEATHS DOOR.

Well it is pizza from CC, I probably would take a very small bite too. 

Poor Sophia. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Renee literally took the smallest bite of pizza ive ever seen.

and for the main one

Do you think maybe in the deepest recesses of Jill's sick, deluded mind she kind of wants to lose a child?  Can you imagine the grifting that can be had with the loss of a young child?

Of course I in no way want anything to happen to little Sophia (except emancipation from this clan), but I do wonder what the reaction would be in Fundie World if the worst did happen.  Would they support/embrace this family?  Or distance themselves?

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Do you think maybe in the deepest recesses of Jill's sick, deluded mind she kind of wants to lose a child?  Can you imagine the grifting that can be had with the loss of a young child?

Of course I in no way want anything to happen to little Sophia (except emancipation from this clan), but I do wonder what the reaction would be in Fundie World if the worst did happen.  Would they support/embrace this family?  Or distance themselves?

I don't know if she wants to but I'm sure she would use it to the fullest advantage. 

• Love 8

Sophia not only looks ill, she never seems to grow. She's always the tiny little thing at the bottom of a photo. Janessa will be bigger than Sophia pretty soon. BEST MOMMA never seems to notice or care. 

There's an interesting discussion on Reddit with a photo of the Rods in the hospital after Jill gave birth to #11. Every one looks reasonably healthy and genuinely smiling. Jill looks pretty: her hair is dark brown and her eyes aren't popping out of her head. The photo raises the question of how they got to where they are now. Suggestions are 1) David quit his paying job to print for Jesus, 2) they kept having kids despite the loss of income, 3) Jill dove headfirst into the Plexus MLM, 4) Jill started drinking Plexus.

Edited by BradandJanet
missing word
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

That kid is wearing lipstick? 

EEE25AA9-A6D4-4282-8C80-512209CD1E95.jpeg

It looks like lip gloss to me. 

I LOL at Jill's natural hair color, but how the hell did Timbits happen? Has he been bleaching his hair for years? 

• Love 1

What strikes me about the little girl is not the lipgloss but that so many of her bottom teeth show but none of the top ones. Is this a jaw alignment problem? It doesn't look right. 

Jill was able to get braces for the older girls in VW, but most the kids need them or soon will. Will she be able to manage the cost of braces in Ohio? Is she even going to try?

I suppose she could set aside some of that evil government money for medical and dental issues, but . . . forget it. Now that Nurie is pregnant, there need to be more winter vacations in Florida. 

11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Of course she does! 

More levels of inappropriate Rodriguii weirdness! 

There are eleven kids in that photo. Well, 13 if you count the two most immature humans. But the Rods have 13 children now, right? So that means this photo, with its graven image of Jill's natural hair color, wasn't taken that long ago. 

6 minutes ago, Heathen said:

More levels of inappropriate Rodriguii weirdness! 

There are eleven kids in that photo. Well, 13 if you count the two most immature humans. But the Rods have 13 children now, right? So that means this photo, with its graven image of Jill's natural hair color, wasn't taken that long ago. 

This photo must be from 2013. Baby 11 is Sadie. Janessa was born in 2018; Sophia in 2015. The baby train has slowed down fortunately. 

• Useful 3

Not sure about why or when JillR came undone, but could be a combination of plexus, more kids who are teenagers, CPS checking them out, too much blond bleach, miscarriages. But something definitely changed. Was SEVERELY handicapped Amy’s accident after this?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, skatelady said:

Well, she's splitting it 13 ways.....

And it's about half the size of a normal slice of pizza to begin with. Even if she got it all to herself, she'd have to take micro-bites to make it last more than a minute or two. I could probably vacuum that up in 30 seconds, Unfortunately I'm a pretty fast eater.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Sophia not only looks ill, she never seems to grow. She's always the tiny little thing at the bottom of a photo. Janessa will be bigger than Sophia pretty soon. BEST MOMMA never seems to notice or care. 

There's an interesting discussion on Reddit with a photo of the Rods in the hospital after Jill gave birth to #11. Every one looks reasonably healthy and genuinely smiling. Jill looks pretty: her hair is dark brown and her eyes aren't popping out of her head. The photo raises the question of how they got to where they are now. Suggestions are 1) David quit his paying job to print for Jesus, 2) they kept having kids despite the loss of income, 3) Jill dove headfirst into the Plexus MLM, 4) Jill started drinking Plexus.

The kids do look a bit brighter and healthier here. Jill looks so much better natural, and so do Renee and kaylee without heavy makeup. Shrek has the exact same blank look he always does!

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, awaken said:

The kids do look a bit brighter and healthier here. Jill looks so much better natural, and so do Renee and kaylee without heavy makeup. Shrek has the exact same blank look he always does!

Biggest thing I noticed is their coloring is normal. No sallow skin and dark undereye circles like they have now.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

And it's about half the size of a normal slice of pizza to begin with. Even if she got it all to herself, she'd have to take micro-bites to make it last more than a minute or two. I could probably vacuum that up in 30 seconds, Unfortunately I'm a pretty fast eater.

Same here. Pizza has no chance lol.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Not sure about why or when JillR came undone, but could be a combination of plexus, more kids who are teenagers, CPS checking them out, too much blond bleach, miscarriages. But something definitely changed. Was SEVERELY handicapped Amy’s accident after this?

Amy's accident was April 3, 2015. Sophia was born July 15, 2015. Jill had a baby shower in the hospital cafeteria while her sister was in lying in her room with a broken neck. After a dozen-plus kids, Jill still didn't have enough stuff or enough attention. Jill just never has enough. 

Certainly, Amy's accident could have factored into the apparent slide of Jill Rodrigues and the family. There are probably multiple factors. 

I hope her uterus/womb stays empty/barren. Being born into this family is not a blessing. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Amy's accident was April 3, 2015. Sophia was born July 15, 2015. Jill had a baby shower in the hospital cafeteria while her sister was in lying in her room with a broken neck. After a dozen-plus kids, Jill still didn't have enough stuff or enough attention. Jill just never has enough. 

Certainly, Amy's accident could have factored into the apparent slide of Jill Rodrigues and the family. There are probably multiple factors. 

I hope her uterus/womb stays empty/barren. Being born into this family is not a blessing. 

Sofia is also named after Amy as it's one of her middle names.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

So clearly, once upon a time, Jill did know how to feed her kids and care for them properly. 

I wouldn't say that. Some of those kids look as neglected as they do now. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Pretty accurate. The girl IS unhinged.

I don’t even know anything about them other than from snark boards, but, I honestly wonder if there is significant mental illness and, if so, why cys (or whatever it is in their state) hasn’t stepped in with support. It doesn’t mean taking the kids; I’m a mandated reporter, and, more than once, I’ve made calls that were founded, but, the agencies stepped in with parenting classes, well-visits/check-ins, setting up therapy/dr visits, etc. And if the court recommendations weren’t followed, THEN more drastic action was taken. I just...I feel so sorry for those kids, but, I also wonder if the parents are currently incapable of taking care of them without support. 

Edited by Monkeyrocks
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Monkeyrocks said:

I also wonder if the parents are currently incapable of taking care of them without support. 

I don't think they are capable, but the Rodriguezes have also refused and even fled from all support... other than handouts from "sweet friends." You can lead Jill to water, but you can't make her drink.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Monkeyrocks said:

I don’t even know anything about them other than from snark boards, but, I honestly wonder if there is significant mental illness and, if so, why cys (or whatever it is in their state) hasn’t stepped in with support. It doesn’t mean taking the kids; I’m a mandated reporter, and, more than once, I’ve made calls that were founded, but, the agencies stepped in with parenting classes, well-visits/check-ins, setting up therapy/dr visits, etc. And if the court recommendations weren’t followed, THEN more drastic action was taken. I just...I feel so sorry for those kids, but, I also wonder if the parents are currently incapable of taking care of them without support. 

That’s why they probably moved to Ohio. To get away from social services. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, rue721 said:

You can lead Jill to water, but you can't make her drink.

Only if you add Plexus.  

Going back to Tim...I think if anyone is severely anything it's him, as with others here I agree he's definitely severely depressed.  I'd worry that he'd be harming himself.  He does strike me as knowing that something is very wrong with his life but that he doesn't know how to put those pieces together into any one-two-three order and have enough self worth to say screw it, I'm out.  He just covers his thinking in bible verses and trying to please his parents.  What a shame.

Edited by CherryMalotte
2 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

Only if you add Plexus.  

Going back to Tim...I think if anyone is severely anything it's him, as with others here I agree he's definitely severely depressed.  I'd worry that he'd be harming himself.  He does strike me as knowing that something is very wrong with his life but that he doesn't know how to put those pieces together into any one-two-three order and have enough self worth to say screw it, I'm out.  He just covers his thinking in bible verses and trying to please his parents.  What a shame.

I think that Kaylee is miserable.  I hope she can marry a halfway decent man who will be good to her.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Why did Jill post that selfie? She looks unhinged. She doesn’t look good. Girl is a nutter.

907D1290-3AA2-457E-B923-D8AE260792B3.jpeg

It's the wacky weed, I tell you. Jill and David both. It would explain his stoner expression and the munchie-foods belly, too. 

(I jest.)

• LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Whoah!!! I don't generally react to photos with much more than a smile or a grimace, but this one literally made me give an audible startled yelp!

I have, on multiple occasions, literally jumped back from my computer after being startled by Jill's deranged closeups. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5

Just WHAT do you need to eat/drink/inhale to look THIS, ah, happy? Can I have some of it please?

Timmay always comes across as mentally challenged to be honest, they way he talks is so off. And he may well be struggling. Let's face it, growing up the way he did, it's hardly surprising. Now he's been cast off aside like a piece of useless rubbish by precious Mama, has to fend for himself without any education. His high flying ambitions were shattered within seconds of starting, he lives in a caravan and goodness knows what he does for a living.

• Love 8

JillR and her ilk always focus on the doom and gloom aspects of living and Timmy seems to do the same. I'm still not sure he is struggling with moods or his lot in life. Even though he's been exposed to more mainstream living, that exposure is through his lens and we don't know, what we don't know.

I doubt anyone sat Tim down and straight up told him how he's been stunted and disadvantaged, and even if someone did, I'm not sure he would understand or believe it.

I'm guessing he's sitting home during this season of life, praying and waiting on God's timing to bring him his mate.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Just WHAT do you need to eat/drink/inhale to look THIS, ah, happy? Can I have some of it please?

Timmay always comes across as mentally challenged to be honest, they way he talks is so off. 

I really think Jill is crazy. That’s why her smile is joker like/creepy/insane. And the way she screeches Janessa 🙄🤡💀.

Tim is developmentally delayed. He needed to be evaluated/given help. Fat chance of that if he never attended a real school.  

• Love 2

Tim is licensed to fly a small plane. He can't be too far from the dead center of the bell curve. He's been so isolated and conditioned to copy Jill in every way it's impossible to know what potential is hidden or lost. 

I hope he's still working at the residential care center. He needs to get out of his trailer and interact with people. He also seemed to like the job. Jill hasn't mentioned what Tim is doing, but maybe that's because he's down to his last warning about saying anything about the job and company on social media, and Mama likes getting her cut of his check for her and Hulk's date night dinners out. 

The older Rod children's lives would be greatly improved by doing the exact opposite of what BEST MOMMA tells them. Her advice tends to be about what is best for her, not for them.  

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

I could be wrong, but I think the way Tim talks is more connected to limited social interaction when growing up than anything else. It seems like some of his siblings have the same unusual manner of speaking (if I'm not mistaken, Nurie also does it), so it makes me think that they grew up listening to each other and that reinforced it.

I know quite a few awkward homeschoolers who don't sound like them but do have atypical enunciations. It's not that they have a recognizable speech impediment that you could identify (like a lisp or a stammer), but since they had limited interaction with other people and limited material they were exposed to via listening to other people (no or very minimal TV/movies/radio), they just don't know what sounds "normal." 

I've also seen some of homeschoolers who sound like something out of the 1930s because all they ever watched was classic movies growing up. It's sort of adorable but also sad because the 21st century is not kind to you if you talk like you wandered off the set of My Man Godfrey

And actually I don't think it's limited to homeschoolers. I've read Richard E. Grant said casting directors in England didn't know what to do with him when he popped up in the 80s because he had a very odd, old-fashioned-sounding accent from growing up with old-timey British expats in Swaziland. I think he was specifically told he sounded like he stepped out of the 50s and people found it disorienting. 

I guess it's just another variation of "you don't know it's weird until someone tells you it's weird, but you're never going to be told that if your parents try to ensure you are never around anyone who will tell you it is weird." 

• Love 23