Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, sondraK said:

She needs a drawer insert to keep them apart and really organize them 

She has bins for the pantry.  I would imagine she will get around to it eventually.  But she has a LOT of stuff there.  I always tried to purge before a move, but I never moved just after giving birth.  Alyssa did sound really tired.

• Love 5

Moving with a newborn is tough. We moved with a 2 year old and a newborn during the weeks in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I feel for Alyssa, because she still has a lot left to get done.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Not sure where to put this.......

I’m not shocked, but what the heck?

F6CA2151-55B8-496E-B8A6-463368B228C8.jpeg

Too bad mr Caldwell can’t string a coherent sentence together!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I’m absolutely shocked that there are no Nurie updates. No fruit comparison pictures.  I wanna know if the Baby nurthan is currently the size of a cherry or a plumb!

Yes,that makes me wonder if she's doing ok

• Love 3

I think I found a family that is worse than the Duggars as far as covid and maybe one step below the Rods. The Busbys. They've basically whined since the beginning of what an imposition the virus has been. They've taken multiple vacations and last night they were shown at a farm Fall festival in October mingling with oodles of folks, no mask in sight. Then they had a crowd of folks gathering together on Halloween.

Meanwhile the mom is complaining about and being tested for a host of medical symptoms. Symptoms that sound like "long covid" to me.

On second thought maybe the Duggars are just as bad, but at least they took it somewhat seriously for the first month or two.

After all these months, I was surprised at how angry the Busby's cavalier attitude made me. I want this virus gone.

• Love 7

Wonder who the guest speakers are this year. They're usually Jill's relatives. Maybe Anna Duggar will make an appearance (ha, ha). 

The corsage making must be this week's lesson at the Rodrigues Family Academy homeschool.

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think I found a family that is worse than the Duggars as far as covid and maybe one step below the Rods. The Busbys. They've basically whined since the beginning of what an imposition the virus has been. They've taken multiple vacations and last night they were shown at a farm Fall festival in October mingling with oodles of folks, no mask in sight. Then they had a crowd of folks gathering together on Halloween.

Meanwhile the mom is complaining about and being tested for a host of medical symptoms. Symptoms that sound like "long covid" to me.

On second thought maybe the Duggars are just as bad, but at least they took it somewhat seriously for the first month or two.

After all these months, I was surprised at how angry the Busby's cavalier attitude made me. I want this virus gone.

Is that the same family that whitened their elementary school-age kids' teeth? They have a "reality" show? 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Heathen said:

They sound worse than Khate Gosselin. FFS. 

The parents really are awful. Very, very entitled and hung up on themselves and their kids. Much better parents than the Gosselins, but that bar is way low.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The parents really are awful. Very, very entitled and hung up on themselves and their kids. Much better parents than the Gosselins, but that bar is way low.

What's their backstory? 

Khate and Jawn didn't look like such awful parents at the beginning. Neither did the Duggars...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

What's their backstory? 

Khate and Jawn didn't look like such awful parents at the beginning. Neither did the Duggars...

Parents of a singleton who gave birth to all female quints. Originally from LA, near where the hurricanes recently hit. Now live in TX.

The show started out when the kids were babies and they were struggling a wee bit financially, but now, since the show, they're well off. The quints are 5.

22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Parents of a singleton who gave birth to all female quints. Originally from LA, near where the hurricanes recently hit. Now live in TX.

The show started out when the kids were babies and they were struggling a wee bit financially, but now, since the show, they're well off. The quints are 5.

Sounds like Gosselin 2.0. Let me guess, they used fertility treatments but then "left it up to gawd." 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Sounds like Gosselin 2.0. Let me guess, they used fertility treatments but then "left it up to gawd." 

They have their own forum on here in the other shows section. 

• Love 1

I was thinking about how much worse Jill's tacky nails will look by the time the retreat begins, but I remembered she doesn't do housework, garden work, child care, or any other type of labor that might disturb her manicure--such as it is.   

Meanwhile, the Hunky Hulk is out spending the kids' stimulus money on new equipment for the non-income-producing palace of print.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, LavendarRose said:

Timmay’s camper in the backyard would be the place to go when the printer is fired up.  Could not imagine the noise when it is clunking away next to the “family” area.  

I used to work in a print shop. Those suckers are LOUD.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Because religious assholes grab onto 9/11 in inappropriate ways.

They’re still incredibly upset about the 3000 Americans that died on 911, but don’t care about the 540,000 that have died in the past year 🥵.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Why is there a picture of the twin towers in the background of one of the pictures?

My guess is the photo was taken at the auction site in New York.  It is still pretty common to see photos of the towers in that area.  Although that still doesn't explain why the kid is shoeless...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1