Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot of a video.

Some of what she said:

”Today I want to talk about numbering our days.”

“We build a little kingdom unto ourself, if you will.”

“The only thing we’re thinking of is what kind of house can I have, what kind of possessions can I have. What can I build for myself, so I can take pride in that?”

“What will the Lord say to us when we bow before him in heaven some day?”

60919236-6F5F-4799-95F9-170B1ABF84F3.jpeg

She’s got those cheap-looking hair extensions in again. 🙄

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

BFCD0C58-2553-44EF-91D0-39006F3109BF.jpeg

I took a stab at deciphering this post.

”I can’t believe that I have a 21-year-old child and I’m THIS YOUNG LOOKING!  I was too busy doing prep work for my upcoming superspreader conference (ROOMS ARE STILL AVAILABLE!) to wish him a happy birthday so I suppose I will now.  Timothy, I love and appreciate the money you bring in and I’m glad you made the “righteous choice” to listen to your father and me, dump that heathen, brazen woman who lured you into her web of deception, and come home where we can run your life.  Your father and I will find just the right woman for you...one who will worship and bow to us as your spiritual and life leaders.  Don’t forget I will always watch every move you make and treat you like you are 9 years old.  Forever and ever.”

• Love 20
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot of a video.

Some of what she said:

”Today I want to talk about numbering our days.”

“We build a little kingdom unto ourself, if you will.”

“The only thing we’re thinking of is what kind of house can I have, what kind of possessions can I have. What can I build for myself, so I can take pride in that?”

“What will the Lord say to us when we bow before him in heaven some day?”

60919236-6F5F-4799-95F9-170B1ABF84F3.jpeg

Irony, thy name is Jill.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

I saw a short clip from Tim's third video cast on Reddit but can't find the whole thing on Youtube where the other two are. He was in a trailer, maybe the one he lives in, so not filming at the care center. He was talking freely about how he lacked motivation to do the third video, but he was using words like oppression, in a hole, discouraged, personal problems, life changes. It was sad to watch because it was unscripted and real. 

I just have a bad feeling about his job, either that he's not there anymore or that he's still there but got in a lot of trouble. Maybe he's just sorry he came back to the compound. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I saw a short clip from Tim's third video cast on Reddit but can't find the whole thing on Youtube where the other two are. He was in a trailer, maybe the one he lives in, so not filming at the care center. He was talking freely about how he lacked motivation to do the third video, but he was using words like oppression, in a hole, discouraged, personal problems, life changes. It was sad to watch because it was unscripted and real. 

Here’s the whole video:

• Love 1
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

You would have to pry it from Jill’s dead hands. Lol that girl doesn’t give anything to the church!

The church gives TO her thank you very much!

8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I just have a bad feeling about his job, either that he's not there anymore or that he's still there but got in a lot of trouble. Maybe he's just sorry he came back to the compound. 

It makes me wonder about his mental health. 

• Love 2

I can't stand to watch people chew gum. That, along with his incomprehensible, pathetic rambling, made his video unwatchable for me. I do feel sorry for him. I believe he is trapped by his horrid parents into a life he probably hates. I wish he and the other Rodlets could be rescued, but I don't think it's possible. Comments are turned off in his videos and I'm sure his mother censors his mail. He is a hostage, imo. He almost got out, but evil JillR put the kibosh on any independence for him. At least he has a dog. The Rodlets are all victims of their crazy parents. It's heartbreaking.

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I pity the poor women who marry any of JillR's sons.  Mother-in-law from hell.  

What fundie father would let their daughter marry a rodlet . They can't take care of them financially .

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I took a stab at deciphering this post.

”I can’t believe that I have a 21-year-old child and I’m THIS YOUNG LOOKING!  I was too busy doing prep work for my upcoming superspreader conference (ROOMS ARE STILL AVAILABLE!) to wish him a happy birthday so I suppose I will now.  Timothy, I love and appreciate the money you bring in and I’m glad you made the “righteous choice” to listen to your father and me, dump that heathen, brazen woman who lured you into her web of deception, and come home where we can run your life.  Your father and I will find just the right woman for you...one who will worship and bow to us as your spiritual and life leaders.  Don’t forget I will always watch every move you make and treat you like you are 9 years old.  Forever and ever.”

Sadly, you nailed it.  My heart aches for everyone of the Rod offspring.  They are handicapped for life, thanks to their shitty parents.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Sadly, you nailed it.  My heart aches for everyone of the Rod offspring.  They are handicapped for life, thanks to their shitty parents.

Who spend all their time publicly congratulating themselves for their brilliant, incredibly virtuous parenting. 

So the kids will have to get past that messaging before they have any chance at all of figuring out what their own issues are.

In my family, I know and have known people in their 80s who haven't been able to really get past that messaging despite years of attempts to do so. Brainwashing an infant so thoroughly that you get the opportunity to keep up the brainwashing into adulthood allows you to warp another person into being unable to recognize plain facts forever if you're lucky. And I fear that JillR is lucky in that regard.

And of course anybody who does that is absolutely blind to others' human misery or stunted potential. So she'll never repent or change at all. She'll be wreaking havoc on as much of her family as she can reach until she drops over dead, perhaps poisoned by the bleach and eye makeup that have seeped into her brain over the years. I'm rooting for the chemicals. She's a horrible horrible person who's only done harm to the world, in my opinion. 

Edited by Churchhoney
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Right from the beginning, he found it difficult to say where he was recording the video. Haven’t watched more yet.

I assume it's the mobile home he's living in on the Rod property because his dog is inside with him. Near the end, he wanders around with the camera looking for the song he wants to sing. It's a very nice place, and how Jill grifted it, I can't imagine. The beginning of his talk is rather personal and depressing, and I feel very bad for him for whatever is going on, but he soon springs into Jill mode and starts talking about satan. We learn that his family is strong against satan so they're often persecuted for their beliefs. Who would have thought? At one point, he leans into the camera and seems to be blowing kisses, but there's a hair on the camera he's trying to get rid of. He annoyingly chomps on a big wad of gum for the entire video, and we often get to see it. He speaks sweetly to his dog when she's trying to get his attention, and it's nice to see that he has her in his life.  

For some odd reason, Tim's videos remind me of Amy Roloff's cooking videos. I'll have to think about why. 

I confess I fast forward though most Youtube videos by reading the closed captions. Reading is quicker and less painful, but I miss things. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I assume it's the mobile home he's living in on the Rod property because his dog is inside with him. Near the end, he wanders around with the camera looking for the song he wants to sing. It's a very nice place, and how Jill grifted it, I can't imagine. The beginning of his talk is rather personal and depressing, and I feel very bad for him for whatever is going on, but he soon springs into Jill mode and starts talking about satan. We learn that his family is strong against satan so they're often persecuted for their beliefs. Who would have thought? At one point, he leans into the camera and seems to be blowing kisses, but there's a hair on the camera he's trying to get rid of. He annoyingly chomps on a big wad of gum for the entire video, and we often get to see it. He speaks sweetly to his dog when she's trying to get his attention, and it's nice to see that he has her in his life.  

This is why I am wondering if he is depressed . From what you say, he starts to bare his feelings but then the brainwashing kicks in and it is all about Jesus and satan. Can't be sad or depressed when you have the Lord on your side. He is the ultimate remedy. The guy probably would benefit from some help but that isn't allowed. I think there is more going on than we know and I don't know why but I feel something unhappy coming up for him. 

• Love 6

A favorite tool of narcissists is financial abuse. It wouldn't surprise me if Jill bullies Tim into giving her the majority of his paycheck, so he's working but not saving any money. Throw in the pressure and guilt trips, and Tim is both literally and figuratively trapped. He should've stayed in Wisconsin, even if things didn't work out with school. Now that he's back in Jill's clutches, it's going to be impossible to leave. 

• Love 7

That's why I'm torn on Tim losing his job at the group home (or whatever type of facility it was). Yes, he needed to be punished for that horrible post he made but if he actually lost his job, there goes any shot of him breaking free of Jill. You have to have some kind of income to make it on your own and now it seems like Tim doesn't have that. He will never get any kind of real mental health or support as long as he's stuck in Jill's orbit. Or maybe at all if he's truly brainwashed and believes God will magically fix everything. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, emma675 said:

That's why I'm torn on Tim losing his job at the group home (or whatever type of facility it was). Yes, he needed to be punished for that horrible post he made but if he actually lost his job, there goes any shot of him breaking free of Jill. You have to have some kind of income to make it on your own and now it seems like Tim doesn't have that. He will never get any kind of real mental health or support as long as he's stuck in Jill's orbit. Or maybe at all if he's truly brainwashed and believes God will magically fix everything. 

I’m sure that Jill spins anything negative that happens to Tim as a result of being relentlessly persecuted, instead of it being a direct result of her utter failure to raise him in a way that would prepare him to go to a real school, have a job, etc. It’s all part of propping up her martyrdom and keeping him under her thumb. I wish Tim would come to the realization that his parents failed him and that he can act independently of them. 
The Duggar parents do the same, keeping their kids - even the married ones (except Jill/Derick and maybe Jinger/Jeremy) - economically dependent on them. That a powerful way to keep in them in line, when they don’t have the education/skills to make it own their own,  at least not without sacrifice. Plus, the kids have already seen Jill/Derick shunned for bucking the system. 

• Love 18
36 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Tim should have stayed in Wisconsin even if it meant being homeless. 

I wish he had! I bet someone would have helped to point him towards the help he needs. He had a taste of freedom and friends and normalcy. He must be in so much pain going backwards like this and seeing the years ahead being no different. 😔

• Love 7
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I feel the same way. What Tim posted was awful, and there needed to be consequences. I don't really think he is cut out for caretaking. But it was an opportunity for him to pull away from his toxic family that is now closed to him. I am assuming he also no longer has a reference from that job that he can use in applying for another job, which will lessen his ability to find something else that would give him a way out. My guess is it will make him more dependent on the handyman business, though courtesy of things like him recommending himself, I think his ability to really develop that business into something viable is minimal. 

I honestly wouldn't put it past Jill to bait him into posting stuff online that she knows will get him fired, so that she can then reinforce it as a lesson to him about why Mama's way is the only way. I may be giving her too much credit. But I think people who are as narcissistic as she is can be geniuses at manipulation even when they are dumb as a bag of hammers about everything else. I don't think Tim is sharp enough to see through that, but I do wonder if he wishes he had stayed in Wisconsin out of her orbit. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, Zella said:

I feel the same way. What Tim posted was awful, and there needed to be consequences. I don't really think he is cut out for caretaking. But it was an opportunity for him to pull away from his toxic family that is now closed to him. I am assuming he also no longer has a reference from that job that he can use in applying for another job, which will lessen his ability to find something else that would give him a way out. My guess is it will make him more dependent on the handyman business, though courtesy of things like him recommending himself, I think his ability to really develop that business into something viable is minimal. 

I honestly wouldn't put it past Jill to bait him into posting stuff online that she knows will get him fired, so that she can then reinforce it as a lesson to him about why Mama's way is the only way. I may be giving her too much credit. But I think people who are as narcissistic as she is can be geniuses at manipulation even when they are dumb as a bag of hammers about everything else. I don't think Tim is sharp enough to see through that, but I do wonder if he wishes he had stayed in Wisconsin out of her orbit. 

It wouldn't surprise me. I not only think she is narcistic but she could even have a sadistic streak in order to get her children to toe the line. 

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It wouldn't surprise me. I not only think she is narcistic but she could even have a sadistic streak in order to get her children to toe the line. 

Yeah she's a mean, heartless bitch. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

What did he say in his post? 

not related to the timbits post on the patients he supposedly cared for and demeaned on Mama's fb page. as a team leader or whatever title he boasted on

But Timbits was also quite forceful in his wording defending his mom, sisters, himself and the Dingi for reviews they all gave to his Godly Gutter Cleaning business because he was "busting his but" (sic) to be self supporting with his own business.  he seems to live in a trailer on mama and daddy's property - from the christmas shoes pic, not a mobile home.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He called it a camper later on in his video.

We saw a picture of it.  It’s a small camper.  I would be depressed just from living in that, but it beats living with his batshit crazy mother.  I think the Rod offspring are much more brainwashed than the Duggars, which is why I don’t think that any of them will ever break away from the cult.  I wish we knew what really goes on in that household, exactly how badly those children are treated, but maybe it’s better that we don’t know.  I’m trying to keep my blood pressure in the healthy range.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I wish he had! I bet someone would have helped to point him towards the help he needs. He had a taste of freedom and friends and normalcy. He must be in so much pain going backwards like this and seeing the years ahead being no different. 😔

Yes,I would love to see Tim pack up in the middle of the night and head off to freedom! Surely there are men's shelters or places that could help him get a new start with finding a job,a place to live,etc?

• Love 8

Tim's accommodations may be a camper or a trailer, but the inside is nice. It has a TV, stereo system, a kitchen, and comfortable furniture. Although he probably needs an invitation to enter the barndo, I don't think it's a bad place for one person, and he has his dog with him. 

Tim's present struggle seems to have come after his unfortunately detailed post at the end of January about his job at the care center. I'm sure he was called out for HIPPA violations at least. The time between podcast #2 and #3 and the change in both location and mood are clues that something bad happened. I think his job was a source of social connection that is now lost in some way. 

Unfortunately, the devil Tim constantly has to struggle against has a very human form and lives closer than he realizes. 

Edited by BradandJanet
grammar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Who spend all their time publicly congratulating themselves for their brilliant, incredibly virtuous parenting. 

So the kids will have to get past that messaging before they have any chance at all of figuring out what their own issues are.

In my family, I know and have known people in their 80s who haven't been able to really get past that messaging despite years of attempts to do so. Brainwashing an infant so thoroughly that you get the opportunity to keep up the brainwashing into adulthood allows you to warp another person into being unable to recognize plain facts forever if you're lucky. And I fear that JillR is lucky in that regard.

And of course anybody who does that is absolutely blind to others' human misery or stunted potential. So she'll never repent or change at all. She'll be wreaking havoc on as much of her family as she can reach until she drops over dead, perhaps poisoned by the bleach and eye makeup that have seeped into her brain over the years. I'm rooting for the chemicals. She's a horrible horrible person who's only done harm to the world, in my opinion. 

That's the only way they'll ever break free.

They'll never know who they truly are and what they really want.It's really sad.

I hope Nurie and Nathan get a clue.Maybe they'll get tired of all the child rearing and call it quits there,but I doubt it

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, sondraK said:

That's the only way they'll ever break free.

They'll never know who they truly are and what they really want.It's really sad.

I hope Nurie and Nathan get a clue.Maybe they'll get tired of all the child rearing and call it quits there,but I doubt it

They won't 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Yes,I would love to see Tim pack up in the middle of the night and head off to freedom! Surely there are men's shelters or places that could help him get a new start with finding a job,a place to live,etc?

What's sad is that Tim would probably never reach out to such a place on his own, not only because he may well not even know it exists but also because he has likely been taught to fear any outsiders. I'd hoped that his going to school and having a job outside his family's circle would allow him to meet more people and maybe make some friends who could help provide a lifeline out. That's what I've seen really helping people who grow up in repressive fundamentalist environments. At this rate, it seems like he's just more and more isolated from any influence but his family's, which of course is a classic abuser's tactic.

• Love 2

It doesn't seem to me that Tim is looking for help or even knows he needs it. As he has been taught, its the devil that makes life hard and the devil shows up in heathen folks. The way I see it, the more Tim struggles emotionally, the more drawn he will be to his family and his faith. JillR does a special form of gaslighting to herself and her kids, by saying imaginary folks do imaginary things to God fearing folks.

The Rod kids are totally blinded by their mother and are forced to carry this burden they call faith. Its a sad thing to observe and even sadder that they'll likely never know other folks actually live happy lives that aren't clouded by fear.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It doesn't seem to me that Tim is looking for help or even knows he needs it. As he has been taught, its the devil that makes life hard and the devil shows up in heathen folks. The way I see it, the more Tim struggles emotionally, the more drawn he will be to his family and his faith. JillR does a special form of gaslighting to herself and her kids, by saying imaginary folks do imaginary things to God fearing folks.

The Rod kids are totally blinded by their mother and are forced to carry this burden they call faith. Its a sad thing to observe and even sadder that they'll likely never know other folks actually live happy lives that aren't clouded by fear.

Yes that's very true. It wouldn't surprise me if he is very miserable but would never dare attribute that to his mother or family or upbringing, even just privately to himself. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes that's very true. It wouldn't surprise me if he is very miserable but would never dare attribute that to his mother or family or upbringing, even just privately to himself. 

He has been away though.  For long enough to see things differently.  Yet, he's still under the control of best mama ever.  Maybe that's WHY he's so miserable.  He KNOWS that his upbringing is wrong,  but just can't go against it and fights himself daily. 

• Love 3

That's the saddest part - he had a taste of freedom and he lost it.

I wonder if Jill sits up at night in her toilet/podcast studio, chugging Plexus and trying to decide if it's better to loosen her leash on Tim in order for him to go out and make her some real money, or to yank the leash back because if he's not under her thumb, he might have his head turned by people outside of their tight little circle.  'Tis quite the dilemma.  Unfortunately if Tim doesn't break free, that RV is going to get mighty cozy as each successive Rod boy moves in.  The girls, of course, will just be betrothed and shipped off to whichever Fundie men come knocking on the Barndo door.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4

I wonder how the Rod's church feels about them now.They're getting huge stimulus checks,yet it's prob. safe to say they don't give anything to the church,and still expect ppl to donate to them.Hmm

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Heck if she attached a video using that product to remove 5 pounds of her make up I’d buy it !

Lulz! I was about to say, if a cleanser can cut through all that slop, it's a keeper!

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

On 3/18/2021 at 8:38 PM, GeeGolly said:

Yet, they believe they are the ones with true peace and joy, and the rest of us are lost and miserable, searching for meaning. 

• Love 6